Scouting for ORPHEUS Protocol (interest/recruit)

So in short
Hero: Lucky, and can do impossible things but rarely and costly
Psychic: can gain escalating value from abilities as time goes on
Nephilim: can shift how they interact with reality to limited degrees

I have chosen
Hero Primary, Nephilim secondary for my archetypes. How would this fit together or is this a bad choice?

So in short
Hero: Lucky, and can do impossible things but rarely and costly
Psychic: can gain escalating value from abilities as time goes on
Nephilim: can shift how they interact with reality to limited degrees

I have chosen
Hero Primary, Nephilim secondary for my archetypes. How would this fit together or is this a bad choice?

It's a solid choice, very beefy. Let me run down some options for you.

Aegis of Fate - The lucky thing I mentioned. I'll give more details when we get to picking abilities. Can use Destiny to impose bad luck on an enemy's roll, and will reward Destiny when you get a maximally successful Luck roll.
Burning Spirit - You're hard to put down. You can spend Destiny to stave off unconsciousness and death more easily.
Fated Leader - Your allies regain Strain when you attack successfully, or fend off Horror. You can spend Destiny to grant allies a boost against Horror, Discipline, or Stability checks.
Heroic Prowess - Normally, if you use Tactics to disadvantage an enemy, instead of simply attacking, your next Tactics would be at a penalty. With Heroic Prowess, that doesn't happen. You can use Destiny when an enemy misses you, to immediately Tactics Attack them at no Initiative cost (and without Rushed condition).
Indomitable Will - Bonuses to Horror checks, and you can spend Destiny instead of Strain on Horror checks.
Legendary Feat - Bonuses on Athletics or Might checks, and if your Might score is 10+, you can throw or swing an object improbably huge for human standards, dealing massive damage on impact. Spending Destiny on this grants additional damage to melee attacks or thrown attacks, or lets you cancel Rushed condition from attacking repeatedly.
Nephilim Metamorphosis: Gigantic Stature - You Invest 2 Humanity when you take this ability, and gain a smattering of bonuses and penalties appropriately, along with 4 temporary Health boxes at the Lightly Wounded level.
Nephilim Metamorphosis: Raiment of Dead Stars - You Invest 2 Humanity when you take this ability, and gain Armor in your Nephilim form. You may spend Strain interchangeably to reduce damage, and suffer a penalty to Charisma-based checks.
Nephilim Metamorphosis: Unnatural Weapons - You invest 2 Humanity when you take this ability, and cause unarmed attacks in your Nephilim form to gain significant damage boosts. You can also deal even more damage by spending Strain. Unnatural Weapon damage counts as magickal and causes both Bleeding and Daze.
Diadem of Slain Gods - Even when not transformed, you can spend 3 Initiative Points to check Intimidation or Presence, vs the Discipline or Stability of all chosen entities in your line of sight. This causes them to suffer Horror checks and applies different effects.
Profane Soulfire - Even when not transformed, you can spend 2 Initiative Points to unleash a dark fire beam at your enemy.
Spirit to Flesh - You can spend Initiative to, at any point in the scene, spend Humanity 1-to-1 healing your physical Health.

After you select your Bond, and what your character Fears most, you will need to spend 15 Attribute Points.

The Mind attributes are Perception and Focus.
The Body attributes are Dexterity and Vitality.
The Spirit attributes are Charisma and Willpower.

The maximum for any attribute is 5.

After you select your Bond, and what your character Fears most, you will need to spend 15 Attribute Points.

The Mind attributes are Perception and Focus.
The Body attributes are Dexterity and Vitality.
The Spirit attributes are Charisma and Willpower.

The maximum for any attribute is 5.
Any suggestions for stat allocation? I am leaning towards dumping everything other than Dex, Vit and Will so 5 in those 3 and 0 in the others.

As for Fears, the only one that I can think of is Failure and probably Betrayal as the more nebulous fears of this person.

As for Bonds, I think I am going to take your idea, a Heroic Mentor that steered this character into becoming a Nephilim.

Any suggestions for stat allocation? I am leaning towards dumping everything other than Dex, Vit and Will so 5 in those 3 and 0 in the others.

As for Fears, the only one that I can think of is Failure and probably Betrayal as the more nebulous fears of this person.

As for Bonds, I think I am going to take your idea, a Heroic Mentor that steered this character into becoming a Nephilim.

In that case, I'd suggest you go with Betrayal (My Mentor's true motives) as the Fear. Perhaps your character doesn't understand why this person, seemingly a great hero, would want them to become this abominable bridging of our world and the Outsiders' world, and fears those hidden motives are nefarious. That the mentor could step in at any moment and turn this transformation against them.

With regards to stat allocation, while that build is doable, it will leave you paralyzed to solve many problems you encounter. I'd recommend taking a 3 in one of those, and sticking a 1 in two of your "dump" stats, just to be safe. Perhaps Perception and Focus?

Primary Archetype: Hero
Secondary Archetype: Nephilim
Bonds: Heroic Mentor (Affirming)
Principle: Justice, Order and Knowledge
Fear: Betrayal (Mentor's Motives)
Perception (Mind): 0
Focus (Mind): 3
Dexterity (Body): 4
Vitality (Body): 4
Charisma (Spirit): 0
Willpower (Spirit): 4
Background: Occult Scholar gives you: Knowledge (Eldritch)(D), Investigation and Empathy (C on each), Knowledge (Occult)(B), and CSB (Stability).
Noncombat skills:
Knowledge (Eldritch) (B)
Knowledge (Occult) (B)
Investigation (S)
Empathy (C)
CSB (Stability)
Might (B)
Endurance (B)
First Aid (D)
Security (D)
Combat Skills:
Athletics: (B)
Attack: (S)
Dodge: (D)
Stability: (B)
Discipline: (B)

Melee Attack: 4
Your Ranged Attack: 2
Your Unnatural Attack (if applicable) is (Per + Will or Foc)/2.
Evade = 2
Parry = 4
Vigilance = 1
Wariness = 2
Speed = 4
Acuity = 1
Toughness = 1
Force of Will = 1
Tactical Acumen = 1
Initiative = 8

Background: Occult Scholar gives you: Knowledge (Eldritch)(D), Investigation and Empathy (C on each), Knowledge (Occult)(B), and CSB (Stability).
Noncombat skills:
Knowledge (Eldritch) (B)
Knowledge (Occult) (B)
Investigation (S)
Empathy (C)
CSB (Stability)
Might (B)
Endurance (B)
First Aid (D)
Security (D)
Combat Skills:

Evade = 2
Parry = 4
Vigilance = 1
Wariness = 2
Speed = 4
Acuity = 1
Toughness = 1
Force of Will = 1
Tactical Acumen = 1
Initiative = 8

Looking good! What you have left to do is spend three Ability Points. I gave you the lists of what you can buy from Hero and Nephilim. You may put 1 rank into three different Abilities, or 2 ranks in one Ability and 1 in a second, or put all 3 ranks into a single Ability (though I do not recommend that).

Looking good! What you have left to do is spend three Ability Points. I gave you the lists of what you can buy from Hero and Nephilim. You may put 1 rank into three different Abilities, or 2 ranks in one Ability and 1 in a second, or put all 3 ranks into a single Ability (though I do not recommend that).
I am putting 1 point into Aegis of Fate, 1 into Profane Soulfire and 1 into Burning Spirit.

Last edited:
Noncombat skills:
Knowledge (Eldritch) (B)
Knowledge (Occult) (B)
Investigation (S)
Empathy (C)
CSB (Stability)
Might (B)
Endurance (B)
First Aid (D)
Security (D)
Combat Skills:

Evade = 2
Parry = 4
Vigilance = 1
Wariness = 2
Speed = 4
Acuity = 1
Toughness = 1
Force of Will = 1
Tactical Acumen = 1
Initiative = 8

Abilities
Aegis of Fate
Burning Spirit
Profane Soulfire

Last edited:
Noncombat skills:
Knowledge (Eldritch) (B)
Knowledge (Occult) (B)
Investigation (S)
Empathy (C)
CSB (Stability)
Might (B)
Endurance (B)
First Aid (D)
Security (D)
Combat Skills:

Evade = 2
Parry = 4
Vigilance = 1
Wariness = 2
Speed = 4
Acuity = 1
Toughness = 1
Force of Will = 1
Tactical Acumen = 1
Initiative = 8

Abilities
Aegis of Fate
Burning Spirit
Profane Soulfire
Another hero, nice

Bond: Brother (Affirming)

Principle: You always have a choice, whether you dare take it or not. (Estranging)

Bond: Handler (Estranging)
- I figure that the character has someone specifically assigned to them to make sure they aren't going to go full killer robot, and that understandably, the character isn't a big fan of this person, because they're a constant reminder that everyone expects them to be a murder machine... just their murder machine.

Principle: Do No Harm
- Between both what they've been taught and what they've been programmed to do, the character believes they must always try to minimize the amount of pain, suffering, or injury they inflict with their actions.

@Kensai and @Floom, the next thing I need from your characters is a Fear. It can be anything, but do give it some thought before making your decision.

Right, sorry about being a bit slow to reply. For a Fear, I was thinking something like a Fear of hurting people? Being told you're a murder robot and being constantly watched for signs of being a murder robot would instill that, I'd imagine.

Back