Risen to the Stars

I relly think that the Rejuvenation Center is a good choice.
I am not sure building it means spending 5 trade per turn on its upkeep.
I will be a good choice once we have a source of exotic gasses.

[X] [Ascension] The Stirrings
i want to keep going with psionics
[X] [Culture] Progress and Discovery

[X] Plan Develop Favalan System
-[X] Send additional aid to Ossina II (-1 Alloy, 10 minerals)
-[X] Develop Favalan System (-1 Alloy, -2 Minerals 1 Energy upkeep)
-Fill the system with orbital stations that provide a variety of resources and other bonuses (current stage 0 of 4) (stages here can give energy, minerals, flat sapiens trickle, or exotic gasses)

As there is little interest in teraforming i propose this plan where we go for developing systems, and this one can give us the exotic gasses we need for the upkeep or more energy.
The colony will complete soon providing more energy and if we run low before then we can trade for more.

Last edited:
I am not sure building it means spending 5 trade per turn on its upkeep.
I will be a good choice once we have a source of exotic gasses.

We can alweys get some leter, it just a place holder for now because we need more energy to expend the system with exotic gasses and while we can spened the trade for energy, pop give more then just energy and we are close to 1 pop/turn so I do think its worth it.

Turn 15, Growth
-[X] Send additional aid to Ossina II (-1 Alloy, 10 minerals)
-Fill the system with orbital stations that provide a variety of resources and other bonuses (current stage 0 of 4) (stages here can give energy, minerals, flat sapiens trickle, or exotic gasses)

Colony Progress: extra materials (negate 2 fails)
-5 negative consequences: 58, 2, 100, 34, 59
Two success steps, significant progress
Colony Self-sustaining, Ossina's Hearth gains Colony Admin building (does nothing by itself)

Developing Favalan, 1-4 (Resources), 5-8 (Research), 9-0 (Gasses): 2, subtype: Energy
Gained Rare Earth Mining Station (+3 energy/turn, no upkeep)

Trade rate: 5/7th's 1dCulture

Kalvanox remembers tribute?: 72, KALVANOX REMEMBERS

Excess Amenities, bonus check: 6

Chancellor Effect: 3d4% - 6%
Focus Check: 46/88
Chancellor developing experience... 26/46
Researcher Effect: +45 to AMA
Researcher developing experience...13/46
Attikoverious effect: 4/91, no effect
Psion developing experience...21/46
Diplomat developing experience...23/30

Party Politics... turning political wheels...

Cultural Dice:
1d100+2d10+21: 35+7+9+21=72
(1d100+2d10+21) * 5 / 7: 91+4+10+21 *5/7 =90
-Progress and Discovery: 72+90=162 *1.05, 170/500

Accumulating 5 Materials Science progress...
Accumulating 5 Sapiens Science progress...

Tech Dice - 1d100: 3 to alleles
-Crystal: 0, 193/1000
-Sensors: 0/300
-AMA: 1, 36 (Destroyed in critical failure setback), 82: 82+50*1.05, 515/800

Resource generation:
Minerals: 35.5 + 2.5 + 2d2 (2) - 10 - 2 = 28
Energy: 17.5 + 0.5 + 2d2 (4) - 2 = 20
Food: 27 + 0.5 = 27.5
Alloys: 5 + 4 - 1 - 1 = 7

Accumulated Trade Power: 10

Governor Dal'Mah

It had taken several years, but the colonial city had finally grown enough that the experts were confident in calling the world self-sufficient. With the loss of two different governors in the interim between colonization and now, the cost to wrangle the world was high, but worth it, as the sheer quantity of potable water in and around the colony made hydroponic farming many times more lucrative than on Dal. Already the tables in the homes of Ossina were overflowing with plenty, and the first freights were due soon to distribute food to Dal, as well.

Now all the people of Ossina II had to do was find some way to manage the perpetually lethal cold.

---

Kalisa Cul

You sighed as you moved from cage to cage, checking up on the live subjects of the latest modding protocol. Formerly live, correction. Hundreds of hours of research, thousands of lines of code, wasted. A critical flaw in the algorithm, undetected for months. But yesterday, the animals just started dying, one by one, all from the same failed mutation that nobody had any reason to look for until the entire test batch expired.

This would set things back months, maybe even a year. Damn it.

---

Stockpile: 28 Mineral, 20 Energy, 27.5 Food, 7 Alloy, 10 Trade Power
Dice: 3dTech, 1dCulture
Trade: 5/turn (Culture dice)

As the Most Beneficent Chancellor of the Dalfea people, it falls to you to direct the course of the ship of state. Your powers are far-reaching and with few caveats, but there is much to do. The complexities of government, and the slow cogs of state, limit you to TWO actions, or Focuses, this turn. You may also freely assign any unassigned tech or social dice to open projects, or reassign assigned dice.

Current Federal Agenda: Fleet Expansion
Pay alloy or ships to boost diplomatic weight

Use this format to produce your plan:

[] Plan Name
-[] Action 1
-[] Action 2
-[] Project - number of dice
-[] Project - number of dice
-[] 5 Trade/turn - X resources
repeat similar abilities as needed

[] Trade into X Energy/turn
-Divert trade into Energy at 1 to 1.

[] Trade into X Minerals/turn
-Divert trade into Minerals at 1.5 to 1.

[] Trade into X Alloys/turn
-Divert trade into Alloys at 3 to 1.

[] Trade into X Strategic Resources/turn [Exotic Gas, Rare Crystal, Reactive Compound]
-Divert trade into a select resource at 5 to 1.

[] Trade into X Culture/turn
-Divert trade into culture and tourism at 7 to 1dCulture.

[] Trade into X Tech/turn
-Divert trade into scientific cooperation at 7 to 1dTech.

*Incomplete transfers provide fractional returns per turn

[] Colonize Ossina I (Seed population ~50,000, -4 Alloy)
-Colonize the tundra world of Ossina I. It will take several years for the colony to become fully established, and other costs in food, energy, or minerals may arise in that time. This planet is Mineral Poor (-50% final mineral output), and produces: 1*(Pops)+2d2 / 2 Mineral, 0.5*(Pops)+2d2 Energy, 2+0.5*(Pops) Food

[] Develop Favalan System (-1 Alloy, -2 Minerals 1 Energy upkeep)
-Fill the system with orbital stations that provide a variety of resources and other bonuses (current stage 1 of 4) (stages here can give energy, minerals, flat sapiens trickle, or exotic gasses)

[] Develop Ossina System (-1 Alloy, -2 Minerals 1 Energy upkeep)
-Fill the system with orbital stations that provide a variety of resources and other bonuses (current stage 0 of 2) (stages here will most likely give large research trickles, with a smaller chance of energy or minerals, or strategic resources)

[] Sortie [Fleet] to [Notable System OR Exercises] (Cost depends on the fleet)
-Sends the fleet out to reinforce a region, attack a threat, or just perform some fleet exercises and wargames in local space. Exercises can generate experience for officers, Order project progress, and rarely other things.

[] Design new ships (Assign tech dice)
-Focus some research efforts on new ship designs. The quality of the sum total check may enhance some components. Specific design in a subturn.

[] Exploration Program (-4 energy)
-Explore the Aldiron Arm further, searching for systems of note not yet claimed by the other members of the federation.

[] Promote Growth (-5 food)
-Institute broad price reductions for foodstuffs across the empire, reducing the cost of living significantly, and hopefully raising the birthrate to match

[] Build [Building goes here] on [World]
[] Replace [Building] with [New Building]
[] Upgrade [Building]
-Research complex - Immediate cost: 5 Minerals, upkeep: 2 energy. Grants +1dTech, +1 character cap.
-Industrial Sector - Immediate cost: 5 Minerals, upkeep: 3 minerals. Grants +2 World Amenities, +2 Alloy
-(P)(U)Planetary Government - Immediate cost: 10 Minerals, no upkeep. Grants +1 Character Cap, +1 Focus/turn
-(P)Gene Repair Complex - Immediate cost: 4 Minerals, upkeep: 1 World Amenities. Grants +0.5% base population growth (base 1.5%).
--(P)(U)Rejuvenation Center - Immediate cost: 4 Minerals, +upkeep: 1 Exotic Gas. Grants +1% additional population growth (to 3.0%)

[] Fill [Position goes here] - Abdicate [Fire this guy]
-Fill an open government position from a random selection of notable figures in the nation. Assigning anything other than an ambassador will require you to also fire another character.

[] Fulfill Federal Obligations (pay alloy or ships)
-All associates must kiss the appropriate rings and bow the the appropriate people in order to attain membership. Those wishing for true representation at the table must prove their right to the seat.

[] Cultural Subsidies (-3 energy)
-Gain +1dCulture * 0.5 this turn, directed towards the current social project.

[] Research Subsidies (-2 energy)
-Gain +1dTech * 0.5 this turn, directed at a random project from among the current projects and two randomly selected projects you do not possess.

[] Pursue New Avenues [Tech or Culture, choose one]
-Generate a new set of projects of the chosen type, and gain one as an active project. This occurs automatically if there are no active projects.

[] Begin large-scale gene modifications on [Species]
-Focus research effort on a retrovirus that will improve the genetic makeup of a species. Specific design in a subturn.

[] Request Federal Aid with KALVANOX???
-This has become more difficult now that it seems relatively obvious that Kalvanox... doesn't particularly care that you exist. If anything, bringing the dragon up in federal chambers is more likely to end with Dallon being requested to negotiate on behalf of the federation for similar 'deals' with other worlds.

[] Study the Crystal Entity
-Focuses can be spent to add dice to the project.

[] Petition for Greater Federal Representation
-Despite your small stature in the AAF, you have already proven your species to be an indispensable and reliable part of the galactic community. A number of federally-affiliated diplomats have hinted at accelerating your membership status, with the caveat that a fully-fledged member on the federal council is expected to have their own opinions, and not those of other members...

[] Halon's Offer - Needs Ambassador
-Halon Corporation is offering a limited time package to the Council of Dallon. In return for a significant discount on live-world terraforming of Ossina's Hearth or Ossina I, the board would benefit from the trade of the Dalfea. Provides one HalonTM​ Continental Terraforming package, usable on either Ossina's Hearth or Ossina I, normally priced at 50 energy, for 20 energy. You will lose your trade/turn until 40 trade is accumulated. Halon Corporation is not responsible for ecological damage incurred by owner after terraforming process is completed. Some permanent climate control equipment included and must be maintained by planet owner. Halon Corporation guarantees non-paradise-world processing in under one decade, see customer relations department for compensation if process is delayed.

Current Technological projects:
Allele Modification Algorithms: 515/800
Crystal Study: 193/1000
Hyper-Sensitive Wave Detection: 0/300

Current Cultural Projects:
We live in a galaxy filled with secrets. Teasing them out is one of the highest scientific pursuits we can commit to.

Freedom! Freedom at last!

[X] Plan Expanding empire
-[X] Build Research complex on Ossina II

Now we have the colony up and running we can afford to expand once more.
A new research center will allow another character and provide a 4th tech dice
Favalan gave us energy last time we developed there lets develop some more there.
Reseach dice stay on the ongoing projects.
Congrats on completing the finals week

Last edited:
[X] plan growth
-[X] Build Gene Repair Complex on Ossina II

actually, I think having a gene repair complex will be more beneficial especially because of the low growth rate on the coleny.

Growing at 53% effectiveness (+3% Dalfea Eternity, -10% per consequence)
Projected growth this turn: 16 thousand
Immigrant Attraction at 0% effectiveness (+50% New World, -10% per consequence)
Projected immigrant pull this turn: 0

I mean it will take somthing like 80-100 turns to grow a new pop, anithing that can reduce that time is needed as soon as possible.

Last edited:
[X] plan growth
-[X] Build Gene Repair Complex on Ossina II

actually, I think having a gene repair complex will be more beneficial especially because of the low growth rate on the coleny.

I mean it will take somthing like 80-100 turns to grow a new pop, anithing that can reduce that time is needed as soon as possible.
6 turns, actually.

Population: 17 Units (~1.776 billion Dalfea
Population: 1 Unit (~1 million Dalfea)
maybe there is a mathing mistake somewere, because in our homeworld we have 1.776 billion Dalfea and only 17 units which means 1 pop = about 100 million Dalfea, our Projected growth this turn on dallon is 73.1 million, about 0.7 pop per turn, now on Ossina II we have 1 million Dalfea and only 1 pop which means (if were going with the previous assumption, which might be why I'm confused but having different standards for how much population means just feels wrong to me) that we actuelly have less then 1 pop on Ossina II and it is rundedup, with a Projected growth of 16 thousand per turn, it might actually be more then 100 turns before we get a pop. now I'm assuming that their is some math mistake somwhere here, because even if we look at it with different population to pop ratio (lets say 1 mllion Dalfea = 1 pop) with Projected growth of 16 thousand per turn, that is Still somwere around of 60-70 turns to a pop.

Last edited:
maybe there is a mathing mistake somewere, because in our homeworld we have 1.776 billion Dalfea and only 17 units which means 1 pop = about 100 million Dalfea, our Projected growth this turn on dallon is 73.1 million, about 0.7 pop per turn, now on Ossina II we have 1 million Dalfea and only 1 pop which means (if were going with the previous assumption, which might be why I'm confused but having different standards for how much population means just feels wrong to me) that we actuelly have less then 1 pop on Ossina II and it is rundedup, with a Projected growth of 16 thousand per turn, it might actually be more then 100 turns before we get a pop. now I'm assuming that their is some math mistake somwhere here, because even if we look at it with different population to pop ratio (lets say 1 mllion Dalfea = 1 pop) with Projected growth of 16 thousand per turn, that is Still somwere around of 60-70 turns to a pop.
Oh yeah. Forgot how I was counting them for a second. Well, it's mostly the fault of the 5 consequence growth penalties anyway. It would be more than twice as fast if you had some way of negating some of the penalties, or just removing them altogether by going to Halon. Even with a gene complex, it will still take you ~40 turns for the second pop unit.

I don't think prioritizing pop growth on Ossina II is needed.

Better to focus on research so that we can mitigatethose bad consequences.

Last edited:
Better to focus on research so that we can mitigatethose bad consequences.
even if we find a way to mitigate those bad consequences, we can assume that it will cost us somthing to implament and maintain and take time to resarch and in the end we will double our population growth on Ossina II and then we will build the Rejuvenation Center, or we can build the Rejuvenation Center now, double our population growth ( if my math is right), stokpile 50 enargy to buy the services of the halon and not be required to spend time and resarch dice to find a solution to the bad consequences.

Last edited:
even if we find a way to mitigate those bad consequences, we can assume that it will cost us somthing to implament and maintain and take time to resarch and in the end we will double our population growth on Ossina II and then we will build the Rejuvenation Center, or we can build the Rejuvenation Center now, double our population growth ( if my math is right), stokpile 50 enargy to buy the services of the halon and not be required to spend time and resarch dice to find a solution to the bad consequences.
Or, we can just not build the Rejunivation center at all.

I really don't see the point in building it.

The world produces: 1d2 Mineral, 0.5*(Pops)+2d2 Energy, 4+(Pops*1.5) Food and (+1d(5*Pops) Sapiens Science tech die)
Most of this income is fixed so expanding the local population is not something needed in the short term and once we are done developing the systems under our control i propose continuing to explore to look for better worlds to colonize.

From my understanding, more population means more production of base resources which we then use to build and maintain more buildings.
Thing is, this planet doesn't have the most spectacular per pop production numbers. It produces a tiny bit of energy, and a decent amount of food, and a tiny bit of science.

Thing is, this planet doesn't have the most spectacular per pop production numbers. It produces a tiny bit of energy, and a decent amount of food, and a tiny bit of science.
Sure, but if we were to, for example, want to make it into a large food production world we would need to have a large population on the planet to do farming.

That was one of the reasons why I wanted to colonize the world for example.

No option to just resettle some pops?
Currently the Council of Dallon does not have any legislation allowing it to control the livelihoods or homeworlds of it's citizen species.
that is still a lot better then about 60 turns, but we can do better.

[X] plan growth, v 2
-[X] Build Rejuvenation Center on Ossina II
-[X] 5 trade into 1 Exotic Gas
You can't upgrade a gene repair complex without having one first.
A rejuvenation center would double base pop growth, yes.
I think they're probably looking at the upgrade for the Colonial Admin building, which honestly is probably a bit too useful, and I'm already considering swapping out the focus/turn for just more culture dice instead.
---

In the interest of disclosure, now that you have a planet with significant habitability issues, you are very likely to receive technologies that will allow you to mitigate those issues (either passively or as part of active partial terraforming projects) if you take the focus for new techs. Obviously a full terraform would be the ideal solution to the issues on Ossina's Hearth, but that's expensive and very time consuming.

I really don't see the point in building it.
well first of all more base resources is allways good, my secend point was about this
the upgrade for the Colonial Admin building
and yes, it shouled probebly be replaced with somthing else, thirdly expending the number of delfa in the galexy can't be a bad thingbut I will admit that without the secend point its less presing, actually now that I think about it do's the number of pop on a plenet effect the building limits? if it do's then that is point four.

I think they're probably looking at the upgrade for the Colonial Admin building, which honestly is probably a bit too useful, and I'm already considering swapping out the focus/turn for just more culture dice instead.
The upgrade for the admin building can also be required to upgraded buildings on a colony making higher population worlds more valuable.

Back