"No promises to keep" - Final Fantasy VII Rebirth

That mix of despair and elation when the game looks great but I don't have a PS5, why live.

Main criticism I've been seeing is it kind of meanders a bit, which doesn't seem like a huge deal and also probably hard to avoid in the middle party of a trilogy, especially when this is the part if the game when the party is just wandering around the world in original FF7.

Praying it comes to PC soon.

I am totally cool with the meandering if said meandering involves just checking out the setting and state of the environment

The ending got spoiled and it devolves into even more nonsense that according to reviews "ruins an iconic scene at the ending"

They wanted to have their cake and eat it too, so Aeris still dies but Aeris also lives too

Talk to ign, not me.
The review litterally got posted in a review thread agregate just last page.
If you don't like the game, that's fine, no one's forcing you to engage with it.

If you continue to engage with it regardless, that's your problem. If you engage with it to the point of posting ending spoilers from a game that isn't even out yet, that's you making your problem into everyone else's problem.

Being posted about in a link to another website that itself is under a spoiler with the details in the spoiler title is not remotely the same thing as posting the ending details specifically in an unmarked spoiler.

I mean I ain't touching that spoiler, but if I had to guess what happens regarding The Event, since everyone knows something involving it is gonna happen, is that

Aerith dies in our timeline, but somehow gets shunted into the alternate Zack timeline that sprung up at the end of Part 1, and that Sephiroth's new big gambit for Part 3 is he's gonna take these disparate timelines and crunch them all into one uber timeline to give himself the optimum chance of victory.

So not having watched anything of the demo from Rebirth and watching AC reminded me I've seen the theory we're maybe dealing with 3 separate Sephiroths?
- There's AC Sephiroth who somehow went back in time and is the one who's all cryptic to Cloud during Remake and absorbs the Whispers at the end. Was toying with the party at the end of the game and took off to continue fucking things up.
- Remake/Rebirth Sephiroth is the one following canon who kills President Shinra and steals Jenova. May be aware of/merged with AC Sephiroth at some point.
- Pre-insanity Sephiroth who's aware of everything going on and is actually trying to help Cloud with the whole 7 seconds message at the end of Remake.

I haven't seen much of the Remakes aside from watching Part 1 Let's Plays (also not planning on buying any), and I haven't watched AC for a while so I don't remember much, but why is there suddenly several Variants of Sephiroth running around? What's the TVA doing? Someone prune these mfs.

:V

Honestly, having seen and heard absolutely nothing about the game, I'm half-expecting Dissidia Sephiroth to show up at some point too, possibly alongside Dissidia Cloud.

Very belated edit: This isn't mocking the game, I genuinely think it'd be interesting to have as much of a fucked-up mess of timelines going on as possible. Hell, bring in KH's and Smash's iterations of Sephiroth and Cloud, even, go hog wild with this shit.

Last edited:
So not having watched anything of the demo from Rebirth and watching AC reminded me I've seen the theory we're maybe dealing with 3 separate Sephiroths?
- There's AC Sephiroth who somehow went back in time and is the one who's all cryptic to Cloud during Remake and absorbs the Whispers at the end. Was toying with the party at the end of the game and took off to continue fucking things up.
- Remake/Rebirth Sephiroth is the one following canon who kills President Shinra and steals Jenova. May be aware of/merged with AC Sephiroth at some point.
- Pre-insanity Sephiroth who's aware of everything going on and is actually trying to help Cloud with the whole 7 seconds message at the end of Remake.

Short answer, borderline more fact than theory. The Sephiroth seen through the entirety of chapter 18 is a brand new Sephiroth who speaks like he did pre-Nibelheim.

... I feel extremely stupid for never having mentioned that here lmao, it straight up did not occur to me that lots of people wouldn't have known because they were playing it dubbed

Well, time to check out of this thread until the game comes out on PC and/or I hit a sudden windfall and buy a PS5 :V

Good luck you all and enjoy what sounds like a great gaming experience!

Back