"No promises to keep" - Final Fantasy VII Rebirth

Both, I think. The feathers in the foreground, blurred whispers in the background.

And we seem to see Marlene somehow telling Zack to save Sephiroth.
1) I just rewatched the trailer specifically for this, and there are some shadows swirling in the background, but I suspect it is the spirits of the planet rather than the whispers. Might be wrong, though. We do have a spare for both Cloud and Aerith now.
2) Marlene says that when Aerith wakes up, a "scary man" will kill her. Sephiroth is implied to be the scary man, but that is it.

Last edited:
I suppose that's one way to get to Safer Sephiroth quicker, by making him safer. Through Zack. I feel that there's both a playground rumour and an odd ship fic there.

I have friends absolutely convinced Aerith is not dying and I am baffled.
That's Nomura's trick.

Aerith's death is one of the most famous video game twists in history. Remake was a commentary on the nature of remakes in general, and of the expectation that they just repeat the same plot beat for beat, personifying the demand for them to do this as tyrannical and wrong. Naturally, that makes you think they're going to avoid killing off Aerith - but then they start leaning into it, suggesting that they won't kill off Aerith, and that makes you think that they're going to actually go through with it anyway, but then you start wondering if that isn't the whole point after all and they're gonna fake you out by actually having her survive—

It's genius. As Shadell said, they've created genuine uncertainty about it such that it's entirely valid to believe that either outcome will happen.

I suppose that's one way to get to Safer Sephiroth quicker, by making him safer. Through Zack. I feel that there's both a playground rumour and an odd ship fic there.
Given what Safer means in context of "pulling random Kabalah words" the way to get to Safer Sephiroth quicker is to look in a library

Last edited:
I am probably one day away from 100% Remake. The only thing stopping me is that pull up bar mini game which is the worst, and Chapter 18 on Hard.

I am curious about how they will incorporate synergy into Rebirth. It's pretty busted in Intergrade.

I'm sorry, I refuse to get over Aerith in sunglasses. She is too cool for school.

Also Barret's sailor costume is hilarious.

I'm hopeful the 'Not available on other formats until at least 05.29.2024' means we'll get a PC-port at that time. Not holding my breath, though.

If you have a good computer it seems like the exclusivity window is shorter, though SE has been scattershot when it comes to PC from my understanding.
For reference, I believe Remake was announced with Playstation exclusivity through March 2021, but PC didn't get intergrade until December of that year.

Watched my wife play the demo, or rather the first part of the demo as a second part is coming out.

Seems pretty good,

it's the Nibelheim incident, sepheroth is cool as both his crazy and non crazy self, Cloud is well done and they do a good job of mixing in some of Zack's mannerism, and have Cloud's VA voice the schlub Shinra soilder.

It's also slightly different from the other versions we have scene

Went to a special theatrical showing of FF7: Advent Children Complete tonight and really enjoyed it even if it was in a smaller theater than I was hoping for. Haven't seen the movie in a long time but it was nice to have a refresher for it. Got a special preview of Rebirth with the developers and how AC has connections to the movie. I can definitely see where there's seeds planted in the movie for stuff in the Remake. Plus it's always nice to hear OWA on a grander scale.

Back