Lord of the Stars II Quest

mkire said:
may we please also have any overflow on the mech battalion be used to start a behemoth-mech hunter platoon?
No. Both due to parts incompatibility, and an issue thats going to be brought up once the Mech Battalion goes online.

EDIT: Plus, due to overflow issues last game, I'm a little hesitant to allow it this time. A touch gamebreaking at times.

Trent01 said:
No. Both due to parts incompatibility, and an issue thats going to be brought up once the Mech Battalion goes online.

EDIT: Plus, due to overflow issues last game, I'm a little hesitant to allow it this time. A touch gamebreaking at times.
That's fine. I just figured i'd ask incase we got a 100 like we did when we built the raider her lab. Speaking of, did you intend for that to be a critical success beyond 'you finished the project in one turn and the raider is happy'?

Also, can we prepare for the expedition to retrieve x-2 and gain a bonus when we actually mount it?

edit: i'm for sleep.

Turn 13 census.

Ships:
  • 3x Creator shuttles.
    • 1x Creator shuttle on loan to Raider.
    • 1x Creator shuttle is MIA, presumed destroyed.
  • 2x Gremlin shuttles.
Units:
  • 1st Armsmen Battalion, strength 19
    EXO support squad, +4 combat strength.
    Support Weapon Brigade: +3 strength, medium.
    Vanguard Brigade: +3 combat strength.
    Hardtrooper Platoon: +4 combat strength
    Light: Lightly equipped with few anti-vehicle weapons or bodyarmor.
  • 2nd Armsmen Battalion, strength 17
    Laser Ersatz-Tanks: +2 combat strength.
    Spiderweave vests: -1 to any strength loss in combat.
  • 3rd Armsmen Battalion, strength 17
    Support Weapon Brigade: +3 strength, medium.
    Reorganization.
  • 1st Armored Company.
    Training, 1 of ?? points.
  • 1st Mech Battalion.
    Training, 175 of 200 points.
  • Ironclaw Security Battalion, strength 24/25
    Reserves: -2 to any strength loss.
    Sappers: +5 combat strength, x2 if against improvements, fortifications, or remnant robots.
    EXO shock troopers: +5 to combat strength, x2 if against large enemy units.
    Talon Artillery: + 5 combat strength, x2 with Heavy Munitions.
    Mechanized: Mobile forces with motorbikes, APC's, IFV's, and halftracks. Bonus against slow units.
    Medium: Troops wear bodyarmor, have some heavy weapons on squad level, and are well trained and equipped.
Key Items:
  • Gremlins: +20 to one industry-related action per turn.
  • Vehicle Crew Shortage: -30 to building vehicles. Negated by Vehicle Field Academy.
  • Creator Software Key: +10 to one Creator-ruin related action per turn. Nullifies low/mid-level locks.
  • Hazard Gear: Reduce damage from science failures.
  • Below-average logistics: Maximum of 7 ground units.
Consumables:
  • Engine-metal x0. Consumable resource used by improvements for bonuses.
  • Creator Curios x0. Consumable, used by certain improvements for bonuses
  • Coffee x1. Consumable, add +20 to one R&D Action per turn.
  • Heavy Munitions x7. Very powerful above the norm explosives. Consumable. Used by military units for bonuses and buffs, or for special actions. Add 1d8 strength damage.
  • High Tech Munitions x1.
  • Cold Fusion Cells x1. High-power cold fusion power cells. Irreplaceable, invaluable, priceless for their power and what they hold inside them.
Temporary Bonuses:
  • Lab Tech Abundance: +10 to one R&D project for three turns. (turns 12, 13 and 14)
Ship templates:
  • Gremlin shuttle (40 points).
Unit templates:
  • Armsmen Company (50 points, Strength 12)
    Shrinkage 2: additional 2 strength loss per battle
    Obsolete.
  • Armsmen Battalion (75 points, Strength 17)
  • Mobile Artillery Battery (100 points, Strength 12)
    Fire-Support: +5 strength in presence of friendly units.
    Unwieldy: -5 strength when operating without support.
  • Armored Company (?? points, Strength 16)
    ??.
    ??.
    ??.
    Big lasers: +4 combat strength, x2 against armor or heavies.
  • Mech Battalion (200 points, Strength 20)
    ??.
    ??.
    ??.
    ??.
    ??.
Unit Add-ons:
  • EXO Support Squad (30 points)
    Attachment: +4 combat strength.
    Obsolete.
  • Laser Ersatz-Tanks (25 points)
    Attachment: +2 combat strength.
    Obsolete.
  • Support Weapon Brigade (40 points)
    Attachment: +3 combat strength.
    Medium: Troops wear bodyarmor and have large amounts of heavy weapons.
  • "Lancer" Helidyne Squadron (50 points)
    +??.
  • Behemoth-Hunter Mech Platoon (100 points)
    Attachment: +0 combat strength.
    Behemoth: +5 combat strength, x3 against fortifications.
    Hunters: +5 combat strength, x3 against mechs.
    Expensive: -20 to build rolls due to complexity.
  • Vanguard Brigade (50 points)
    Attachment: +3 combat strength.
    Rare: Require Creator Weapons.
  • Hardtrooper Platoon (50 points)
    Rare: Require Creator Cyber-surgical Suite.
    Rare: Require volunteers.
  • Spiderweave vests (35 points)
    Bodyarmor: -1 to any strength loss in combat.
Heroes:
  • Chekov (The Inventor)
    • Inspired Genius: +1 General R&D slot OR +15 to one Science roll per turn.
  • Sokov (The Baron)
    • Financial Smarts: +1 Economy-related action slot OR +20 to one Economy-related action per turn.
  • The Spy
    • Wetwork: +20 to one Espionage-related action per turn.
    • Lucky: Reduces Critical failure damage.
Planetary Improvements:
  • Grand Armory
    • Military Contractor: +20 bonus to Military actions or building military units.
      • Used for Raider's contract.
    • Military Testing Ground: +1 R&D slot to Military R&D ONLY or +20 to one Military R&D project.
    • Training Grounds: +2 strength to all units.
    • Incendiary Munitions Line (0 of 150 points): ??.
    • The Armor Bay: +20 to one Mech production action per turn.
  • The Industrial Sector (upgradeable, 0 of 100 points to level 3)
    • Conveyor: +5 to Industry-related actions.
    • Smelting: +5 bonus when fueled by one unit of Engine-metal, to a max of three.
    • Massive Scale Foundry: +10 to one Industry-related action per turn; upkeep: 1 engine-metal per turn.
    • Molecular Forge (0 of 250 points): +20 to one Industry-related action per turn.
  • Engineering Lab
    • Engineering Table: +1 Engineering-related R&D slot.
    • Server Farm (0 of 100 points): +10 to one Engineering roll per turn.
  • Creator's Labs
    • High-tech: +1 General Science Slot.
  • Chekov's Reactor
    • Generatorium: +30 to one Power-related action per turn.
  • Builder R&D Lab
    • Reverse-engineering: +1 Creator-related R&D slot.
    • Jury-rigging: +5 bonus per unit of curios to a max of two.
    • Server Farm (0 of 100 points): +10 to one Creator R&D roll per turn.
  • Creator infrastructure
    • Public transit: +1 action slot.
  • Factory of Faith (upgradeable)
    • Industrial Worship: +2 action slot.
    • Zealous Industry: +30 to one Industry-related action per turn.
    • Industrial-Faith Complex: +10 to one Zeal power-action per turn.
  • Convenience Food Factories
    • Infrastructure: ++Growth.
    • Food surplus: +10 to one Economic action per turn.
      • Used for a Raider's contract.
  • Exploration Command Center
    • Frontiersmen: +1 Exploration-only action slot OR +20 to one Exploration-related action per turn.
  • Colony Defense Initiative
    • Defensive Siege Guns: +4 strength to colony defense.
    • Colonial Guard (0 of 250 points): ??.
  • Temple of Faith
    • Temple: +1 Starlord action.
    • Faith: ++Morale.
  • Ministry of Truth
    • Broadcast: +1 Media action.
      • X-Com show: +10 to one Military action or Military R&D project per turn.
      • Scrapheap Challenge aka Junkyard Wars: -20 to one exploration or scavenging action next turn.
      • Gundam TV: +10 to mech build or R&D next turn.
  • X-1 Lab
    • Totem: +1 X-1 only research slot.
  • Gremlin Intelligence Bureau
    • Shadownet: +1 Espionage-only action slot.
    • Section 06 (0 of 100 points): "The Spy wants to set up a division solely for "probe team" training. Hacking, deep-cover spying, sabotage."
  • Captain's Mechyard (0 of 300 points)
  • Industrial DEA (33 of 400 points)
    • ++++ industry.
  • Science DEA (0 of 400 points)
    • ++++ science.
  • Xeno R&D Lab (0 of 150 points)
  • Energon Power plants (0 of 175 points)
Infrastructure:
  • Spaceport
  • Spaceport-Beta
  • Titan cyber-surgical suite: ++Medical care, +Cybernetic augmentation.
  • Myco Agriculture Zones: ++Growth.
  • Factory Farm DEA's: +++Growth, +Economics.
  • Myco Processors: ++Growth.
  • Baron's Borehole: Engine-metal mining.
  • Coffee Factory: Coffee production.
  • Raider R&D Lab: Not under our control.
  • Organic Farming (0 of 200 points)
  • Ultralight Composite Fabricators (0 of 150 points)
  • Vehicle Field Academy (246 of 250 points)
  • State Hospital (0 of 150 point)
  • Public Schooling System (86 of 250 points)
  • Baron's Just-in-time-supplies (0 of 200 points)
Planetary Exploitation:
  • Industrial Level 2: +1 action slot, +10 to one Industry-related action.
R&D:
  • [New R&D Project: Creator Database Diving 101] "Dive in, see what we can dig up"
  • [New R&D Project: Civilian Energon Engines] "If the military is using Hot Fusion, then perhaps civilians could make use of Energon?"
  • [New R&D Project: C-3 squared] "Improve command and control ability for strategic operations."
  • [New R&D Project: X-1 Energy Barriers] (Need large amounts of power) "At last, energy shielding. Or beginnings thereof."- Chekov.
  • [New R&D Project: X1 Appsci- Hot Fusion 2.0] "My designs were crude. I see so much better now. I can fix them." (-30)
  • [New R&D Project: X1 AppSci- Lasers] "We've been doing it wrong! I can make them better!" (-20)
  • [New R&D Project: X1 AppSci- Mechs] "More mechs! Better mechs! Bigger mechs!" (-30)
  • [New R&D Project: X1 AppSci- Precision Mechanisms] "Improve mech legs, artillery, and industry" (-20)
  • [New R&D Project: X1 AppSci- Galvanic Tech] "Lightning power! Lethal in metal confines." (-20)
  • [New R&D Project: X1 AppSci- VI's] "Basic semi-sentient computer systems. Good for lab work. Or driving vehicles." (-20)
  • [New R&D Project: X1 AppSci- Particle Cannons] "Big energy cannons. Okay, power-hogging, but useful." (-30)
Actions:
  • [New Action Project: Myco Cultivation] "Begin large-scale attempts to cultivate this stuff."
  • [New Action Project: Access Code Scavenging] "Dig around in the wastes to look for computer codes." (-20 difficulty)
  • [New Action Project: Investigate the Orbital Hab Complex]
  • [New Action Project: Expedition to the Ice Forest, search for X-2 (Hazardous: -20)]
  • [New Action Project: Coffee Brewing: Produce 0-2 units of coffee]
  • [New Action Project: Borehole Engine-Mining. Produce 1d6+2 engine metals]
  • [Build Project: Organic Farming] (0 of 200 points)
  • [Build Project: Ultralight Composite Fabricators] (0 of 150 points)
  • [Build Project: Vehicle Field Academy] (246 of 250 points)
  • [Build Project: Xeno R&D Lab] (0 of 150 points)
  • [Build Project: Energon Power plants] (0 of 175 points)
  • [Build Project: Colonial Guard] (0 of 250 points)
  • [Build Project: Molecular Forge] (0 of 250 points)
  • [Build Project: Incendiary Munitions Line] (0 of 150 points)
  • [Build Project: State Hospital] (0 of 150 point)
  • [Build Project: Public Schooling System] (86 of 250 points)
  • [Build Project: Baron's Just-in-time-supplies] (0 of 200 points)
  • [Build Project: Captain's Mechyard] (0 of 300 points)
  • [Build Project: Industrial DEA] (33 of 400 points)
  • [Build Project: Science DEA] (0 of 400 points)
  • [Build Project: Section 06] (0 of 100 points)
  • [Build Project: Engineering Lab Server Farm] (0 of 100 points)
  • [Build Project: Builder R&D Lab Server Farm] (0 of 100 points)
  • [Manufacturing Project: Produce Heavy Munitions, 25 points each]
  • [Manufacturing Project: Produce High-tech munitions, 50 points each]
Star Lord Actions:
  • [Star-Lord Action: Zeal- Worship! Religion! All obey the star-lord!] You get a little extra Star Power via worship and Life is more obedient to your wishes as well as to other tasks.
  • [Star-Lord Action: Artificer] You can design and grant gifts of unusual power to your Life. For good, or for ill.
  • [Star-Lord Action: Liberate tutemet ex inferis!] There are some levels of hyperspace best left unknown. You didn't know that. Do you dare breach the highest and lowest boundaries between dimensions?
  • [Star-Lord Action: Tinker with the Q-space tap]

Slot and modifier list.

Slots: (Some can be converted into modifiers instead)
  • 2x Star-Power (1 inherent, 1 Temple of Faith)
  • 3x R&D (2 inherent, -1 racial, 1 Creator's Labs, 1 Hero-Chekov)
  • 1x R&D - Military (1 Grand Armory)
  • 1x R&D - Creator (1 Builder R&D Lab)
  • 1x R&D - Engineering (1 Engineering Lab)
  • 1x R&D - X-Artifact (1 X-1 Lab)
  • 9x Actions (5 inherent, 1 Public Transit, 2 Factory of Faith, 1 Planetary Exploitation)
  • 1x Action - Build (1 racial)
  • 1x Action - Economic (1 Hero-Baron)
  • 1x Action - Exploration (1 Exploration Command Center)
  • 1x Action - Espionage (1 Shadownet)
  • 1x Action - Media (1 Ministry of Truth)
Modifier list:
  • +15 to one R&D project per turn. (Hero-Chekov slot conversion)
  • +20 to one Military R&D project per turn. (Grand Armory slot conversion)
  • +20 to one Economy-related action per turn. (Hero-Sokov slot conversion)
  • +20 to one Exploration-related action per turn. (Exploration Command Center slot conversion)
  • -30 to building vehicles. (Event)
  • +20 to one Industry-related action per turn. (Racial)
  • +30 to one Industry-related action per turn. (Factory of Faith)
  • +10 to one Industry-related action per turn. (Planetary Exploitation)
  • +5 to one Industry-related action per turn. (The Industrial Sector)
  • +5 to one Industry-related action when fueled by one unit of Engine-metal, to a max of three per turn. (The Industrial Sector)
  • +10 to one Industry-related action per turn, with upkeep of one unit of Engine-metal (The Industrial Sector)
  • +30 to one Power-related action per turn. (Chekov's Reactor)
  • +10 to one Creator-ruin related action per turn. Nullifies low/mid-level locks. (Creator Software Key)
  • +20 to one Mech production action per turn. (Grand Armory)
  • +10 to one R&D project per turn. (Lab Tech Abundance)
  • +5 to one Builder R&D project per unit of curios to a max of two per turn. (Builder R&D Lab)
  • +10 to one Zeal power-action per turn. (Factory of Faith)
  • +20 to one espionage-related action per turn. (Hero-The Spy)
  • +10 to Mech production or R&D next turn. (Ministry of Truth)

Somebodynobody10 said:
I would rather like that we save our zeal action to when the enemy army is close to us. Can you think what would happen if we cause a religious mutiny on their light infantry just the moment when the armies converge?
Enemy attack is due next turn, and trying to be cute with our timing could backfire big time. Besides, Zeal is aimed on Tricorp's conquered population, not army (it is highly likely to be resistant to such actions anyway).
mkire said:
Thank you for maintaining the census Jexx.

Do you have an opinion on my proposed plan?
Just one, should we throw all these resources to Industrial DEAs? It is not going to be finished next turn in any case.

I propose using two actions and modifiers to finish our armor unit, economic action plus one modifier to DEA and distribute other modifiers to actions which can benefit from it.

Err, another thing : People, Chekov's mod is EITHER +1 R&D slot OR +15 modifier to R&D project. Not both at once, as you have been using it.

@Trent: Could we keep previous results from doubling up? I think it would be equal exchange for missing one action slot for a few turns.

Ok, I want to offer Engine metal and government support to the Raider to help with that secret super project on the condition that they do a documentary on the thing in action.

Jexx said:
Just one, should we throw all these resources to Industrial DEAs? It is not going to be finished next turn in any case.

I propose using two actions and modifiers to finish our armor unit, economic action plus one modifier to DEA and distribute other modifiers to actions which can benefit from it.
Honestly i couldn't think of anything better to do and there is a chance to finish the Industrial DEA like that, though it is small.

I will say that if we concentrate that sort of resources on something we've got a really good chance to complete a 250 point project in one turn, we could likely build the colonial guard or the baron's supply system before we get attacked.
Err, another thing : People, Chekov's mod is EITHER +1 R&D slot OR +15 modifier to R&D project. Not both at once, as you have been using it.
My understanding is we/chekov built a lab in which to research the X-artifacts, so we don't need to use his genius for more research slots in order to research X-1

oh, i see what you're talking about. wow, i remember having more than just two non-chekov general R&D slots.

mkire said:
Honestly i couldn't think of anything better to do and there is a chance to finish the Industrial DEA like that, though it is small.

I will say that if we concentrate that sort of resources on something we've got a really good chance to complete a 250 point project in one turn, we could likely build the colonial guard or the baron's supply system before we get attacked.
Baron's supply system, then - we currently have 6 units (1 Raider's, 3 infantry, 1 Mech and 1 half-built armor) and current cap is 7 (I added this to census under 'Key Items'). It will be a patch job, but we don't really have time for anything better.
oh, i see what you're talking about. wow, i remember having more than just two non-chekov general R&D slots.
We used to have second R&D slot from creator infrastructure, but it was cannibalized for X-Lab.

EDIT :
If Tricorp gone for Infantry-heavy army, it could be worth the effort to design specialized anti-personnel weaponry for Military R&D slot.

Jexx said:
Baron's supply system, then - we currently have 6 units (1 Raider's, 3 infantry, 1 Mech and 1 half-built armor) and current cap is 7 (I added this to census under 'Key Items'). It will be a patch job, but we don't really have time for anything better.

We used to have second R&D slot from creator infrastructure, but it was cannibalized for X-Lab.

EDIT :
If Tricorp gone for Infantry-heavy army, it could be worth the effort to design specialized anti-personnel weaponry for Military R&D slot.
I revised my plan. please take a look and see if it looks okay to you

Is there any possibility you could fit in starting a second mech battalion by co-opting some of the explosive manufacturing actions and the like? The military is still pretty underwhelming, and the weaker it is the more likely it is the Raider will think the Gremlin Council is weak and needs to be co-opted for the good of her people.

drake_azathoth said:
Is there any possibility you could fit in starting a second mech battalion by co-opting some of the explosive manufacturing actions and the like? The military is still pretty underwhelming, and the weaker it is the more likely it is the Raider will think the Gremlin Council is weak and needs to be co-opted for the good of her people.
Judging by GM Bat Signal, we are going to have significant problems raising second mech battalion, unfortunately.

Hang on a second. We're a faction of Believers, and the Spy wants to train probe teams.

I'm getting SMAC flashbacks, here.

I had a thought: Could we simply bury the enemy in explosives?

Trent If we had say 30 units of HE, could we apply it liberally to win the coming battles?

mkire said:
I had a thought: Could we simply bury the enemy in explosives?

Trent If we had say 30 units of HE, could we apply it liberally to win the coming battles?
Yes. Developing a proper delivery mechanism would be an issue however. Right now your shooting it out of light artillery pieces from your fire support units. Say about 1 or 2 units of HE per round of battle tops. If you want to use it in bulk, you need to find a way.

And: Heavy Explosives arn't usable everywhere. There are ways to defend against it or avoid the threat.

Trent01 said:
Yes. Developing a proper delivery mechanism would be an issue however. Right now your shooting it out of light artillery pieces from your fire support units. Say about 1 or 2 units of HE per round of battle tops. If you want to use it in bulk, you need to find a way.

And: Heavy Explosives arn't usable everywhere. There are ways to defend against it or avoid the threat.
then my next question is the critical one: Do we have only this turn to prepare for the coming battle, or will we have more time than the coming turn to prepare?

Trent01 said:
okay.

for the expedition to get x-2, could we spend time preparing for it in order to have a bonus in the futuer? (IE: Use one turn's explore action to prepare for it, then the next turn actually send the expedition)

mkire said:
okay.

for the expedition to get x-2, could we spend time preparing for it in order to have a bonus in the futuer? (IE: Use one turn's explore action to prepare for it, then the next turn actually send the expedition)
Yup. That works just fine.

Mkire Action plan Mk3

Star-Power
[x][x] Zeal: Spark rebellion among the Tri-Corps (+10; Industrial-Faith complex)

The Insurrection Begins: Gremlin-kind is a scattered and disparate species, shrouded in a time of kin-slayers, but that time has begun it's end. The Star God gazes down upon his beloved people with both pity and disgust. Though they know him not, he has watched them and those who came before with growing love. Hardy, industrious, and ever determined, yet above all know that strength comes in unity. Yet, there are some amongst them committed to the abuse of their brothers and sisters for there own gain. No more. Forget the promises of blinding lights and beguiling haze, for the star god's being exceeds any splendor and there is no greater joy then to works towards a greater purpose of your own design. Forget the lies of the betrayers, for they care for not but themselves. Forget the might of the abusers, for it is naught before the glory of our lord! Know now that this road, is long and hard, but for those who have the strength and will to take it know that a better life for all gremlin-kind is at the end. So, soldier of the faith, GO FORTH AND RESIST! RESIST WITH YOUR VOICE AND PEN, RESIST WITH GUNS AND BOMBS! Sabotage the might of their industry and military, crush what they use to distract the people from there plight, and spread the word that that there is a better way. Rally against them and liberate what you can, but know that even know the fellow disciples of the Star God even now amass there strength, ready to free us from our chains. So,RESIST, and know that in your struggles you are never alone, for the Star God is always with his true believers,

(Thank you Zeitgeist for the wonderful write-in)

---

Actions:
[x] finish mech battalion 175/200 +20 (Armor bay)
[x] finish Vehicle field academy 246/250
[x][x][x] Build Armor Batallion 1/???
[x][x][x]Baron's Just-in-Time Supplies 0/200 +Chekov's Reactor +30, factory of faith +30, +10 planetary exploitation, +5 industrial sector, +20 Racial
(Total bonuses +95, three actions)
[x] Build High-tech munitions

Build:
[x] public school system 86/250 +the director if he's willing to keep helping us with it.

Espionage:
[x] Sabotage the enemy supply lines. +the spy (+20) +Gremlin Shuttle for transport.

Economic:
[x] continue industrial DEA 33/400

Exploration
[x] Prepare for an expedition to the ice forests (A bonus to the future attempt to retrieve X-2)

R&D

General slots:
[x][x] C-3 Squared

engineering
[x] Civilian Energon engines

creator lab
[x]Creator Database Diving 101: "Dive in, see what we can dig up" +10 Software key
-"Let's see what they knew about Energon."

X-1 lab: x-1 ApSci: VI -20 +15 Chekov, +20 (coffee) +10 lab tech

miltary testing ground: let the Master of Arms have it, along with 1 heavy munitions and the high tech munition that was produced.

mkire said:
Is the below a viable course of action?
[x][x][x][x] Build Armor Batallion 1/???
I'm putting a limit of three dice on a roll, tops. Four or more, and its impossible to fail, plus in-universe you don't have the capabilities to focus that much of your component industries and workforce on single projects just yet.

Back