The next 24, eh? :V

Related but not directly, @Grue @Wade Garrett, is there any system in place for when someone is holding things up? Kicking them, replacing them, skipping them? I've been in a few threads where things have been held up because someone just would't post (and I have been that person, on occasion, I am sorry to say), and I'd be interested to know what your methods for it will be. It doesn't matter much now, since most people aren't even in contact with one another, but the thread getting hung up and dying because an important member of a fight not being around would kinda suck.

Well, the other Fate RP I'm in resolved that with Servants chestbusting out of other Servants a la Hassan & Sasaki.

There's no formal system for replacements yet, no.
And This Illusion can get away with chestbursting due to its premise.

"I told them! I said, 'The Grail is losing stability, it could have odd effects on the Grail Vessel', but does anyone listen to me? Nein!"
-Heinrich von Einzbern, Chief Homumculus Wrangler of the Einzbern Family
The actual secret of Phenrisviel is that she was co-designed by the Russians.

She's actually just a giant Justeaze shaped Matryoshka doll. Filled with tinier and tinier homunculi in layers. The tiniest one is Baby Illyasviel, Fate/Zero version.

Pretty sure the ability to do something like that would either require magecraft or would literally fall in the domain of some sort of presence announcement skill.

Well, Lancer manages to just sort of Pop Up on Saber's radar in Fate/Zero. If nothing else, the pair of them just emerged from the Einzbern's bounded field and are now heading into the town proper.

3 kms away from Saber, maybe, but it was literally a beacon to every Servant in the war, and in fact got the attention of most of them (except Caster, the creepy fuck). Five Servants. Across the whole city.

@Olive
Compel on Chivalry to try and persuade your Master to let you tackle the Servant going "Come at me, Sis". It isn't very chivalrous to ignore a challenge, after all.

@BlackHadou Compel on "Adherent to the Ideal Of The Knight". Same reasoning applies.

@Grue
Think we should award a Fate Point on "The Good Knight" for Saber's stupidity lack of self preservation being in character?

Last edited:
I contest the compel on grounds of possessing Mad Enhancement. The chivalrous thing would clearly be to not attack given the risk of collateral.

o_O
Adherent To The Ideal Of A Knight:
May be compelled upon to have Berserker run away and hide (in a very knightly way, of course) when challenged, because "Someone please think of the children". For Berserker is a TRUE Knight who loves all life, not a poser like Diarmuid Ua Duibne or Arturia Pendragon.

o_O
Adherent To The Ideal Of A Knight:
May be compelled upon to have Berserker run away and hide (in a very knightly way, of course) when challenged, because "Someone please think of the children". For Berserker is a TRUE Knight who loves all life, not a poser like Diarmuid Ua Duibne or Arturia Pendragon.
Berserker, however, would also be compelled to fight if she showed up, and thus breaks two tenants of Chivalry in doing so, as she will cause unacceptable collateral damage to the surrounding area and cannot give her name to her opponent.

o_O

Further, it doesn't count as a challenge unless a name and a formal declaration is issued. There is actually a process for a knights challenge, you know.

I find it somewhat odd your trying to compel me to break more rules of Chivalry then I already have to.

Right. Going off the Wikipedia page on Chivalry and Google, Wade's justification for the Compel is along the lines of "Never to refuse a challenge from an equal".
Meanwhile, Hadou's protesting it due to Berserker knowing damn well that battle will result in "RAHHH DIEDIEDIE", resulting in them likely not protecting the weak and defenseless.
Moresoever, Saber is less doing "I challenge you to a children's card game" and more "Hey Servants! I'm over here!" while hoping for a fight.
I'm actually seeing Hadou having a point here, Wade.

Moresoever, Saber is less doing "I challenge you to a children's card game" and more "Hey Servants! I'm over here!" while hoping for a fight.
I'm actually seeing Hadou having a point here, Wade.

All right, then.

Want me to strike through the compels for Berserker and Rider? That reasoning would apply to her as well.

Back