Her posts.

I went through several stages of rehashing and rethinking that took me away from the initial impulse to pull an Ahab "From Hell's heart I stab at thee," so having the option to act free of fiat was appreciated, but not exercised. It was a close fought thing, and Shawna's righteously fucked up.

FATE has been used before but between misunderstood core mechanics, bad hacks, and players tending to have a hard time getting the hang of narrative based mechanics (no one ever remembers Create an Advantage), it's not ideal. Tbh the semi-opaque d6 rolls are fine? I can kinda suss out the broad strokes.
Speaking as the rough system designer, it's a comparative roll system. I won't go further than that, the opacity is intentional to keep people from easily determining the stats of the combatants.

Okay, I get the rest of it, but why is this one unusual? Sabers fire off beams in every grail war.
I don't think the point is that they're unusual, it's that it's extra splashy here.

Saber beaming down a building full of people in the city center is a bit higher visibility than shooting the giant fog shrouded monster out in the bay essentially.

I don't think the point is that they're unusual, it's that it's extra splashy here.

Saber beaming down a building full of people in the city center is a bit higher visibility than shooting the giant fog shrouded monster out in the bay essentially.
And why do you think the Clocktower are probably going to show up shouting:

"THE HELL ARE YOU IDIOTS DOING!"

We are in there backyard Shawna.

So, my first submission is outright ignored, not rejected, ignored, my second was accepted I'm pretty sure as an afterthought and because nobody else wanted to be a Matou, I got a secret alliance that turned out to be useless since my partner master has English as a second language and I couldn't understand his posts (Sorry @Scia but it's true), I got paired with my Servant because there was nobody else left, I spend my first fight losing and the first time things go in my favour, when I try to seize that opportunity I get accused of godmodding and have to change my post in a way that didn't even matter because the counter attack didn't need limbs or the mouth anyway. And now I'm dead.

Oh, and if the dice mechanics were explained anywhere, I couldn't find that post.

Thanks for letting me play guys. I sure had fun.

Well in all seriousness you had a pretty impressive showing. You took on a prepared Caster on his home turf and weren't auto stomped which is better than several people I can think of in that situation. You fought a bio-modded combat monster of a Master, who was roiding out on Dead Apostle juice, one on one and came out on top.

You only lost because you pushed said proto-Dead Apostle into a corner, forcing Shawna to give up the last shreds of her humanity in exchange for making a opening. Well that and being to close to Saber firing off a beam attack. That's a hell of a lot better than my record in such things, last time I played in Grail War RP my sole actual fight resulted in me walking into a Lancer - Saber crossfire and having to run away without doing anything and that was literally all I managed to get done in the war. Well that and having to choose which of my allies died when our base got nuked.

So good show, great writing and interesting character. If I ever get around to/find the free time start that Fate RP I've had on back burner for a while I will most certainly send you an invite.

Okay, I get the rest of it, but why is this one unusual? Sabers fire off beams in every grail war.

It was just a general comparison about how this conflict is ticking more Fate Zero boxes than Stay Night, which isn't a remotely bad thing mind you. But yeah Saber firing off a Beam attack in a city center certainly helps illustrate my point.

Official Announcement that Night 2 has ended. Feel free to have some RP.

Shawna Cash @Mina + Caster @TenfoldShields
Joel von Einzbern @Xasure Higeki + Archer @Jemnite
Fujiwara Sojiro @Wizard_Marshall + Berserker @Deathwing
Saber @Theravis
Yukiko Kuro-Fells @Look to the Left + Assassin @Dragonjackel
Daniel Cash @Wade Garrett + Lancer @Rowknan
Rin Tohsaka @Scia + Rider @Desdendelle
Well, time for Sojiro and Berserker to continue their buddy-cop movie!

Caster's familiar just...opens the door on a shirtless man in blue jeans covered in band-aids and Neosporin (or the English equivalent) playing Tinkertoys with a big pile of bloody pig bones and butcher knives, and another really buff shirtless man in a hoplite loinwrap with a steampunk centipede scalpel nurse gorgon Pokemon stitching him up.

And then just closes it back, "I say, you could have put a sock on the doorknob or something. Pish-posh, bad form."

Caster's familiar just...opens the door on a shirtless man in blue jeans covered in band-aids and Neosporin (or the English equivalent) playing Tinkertoys with a big pile of bloody pig bones and butcher knives, and another really buff shirtless man in a hoplite loinwrap with a steampunk centipede scalpel nurse gorgon Pokemon stitching him up.

And then just closes it back, "I say, you could have put a sock on the doorknob or something. Pish-posh, bad form."
I mean, it is Caster.

He had issues when he was alive. A lot of them.

man idk who's gonna be hating life more in the next in-game hour or so: caster, dan, shawna, archer, saber, or rin.

:o
:cry:
:mad:

Saber:
"Does it frighten you? To face an opponent who can rise from the ashes of his own unmaking?"

Dan:
"Hardly. The fact that I can kill you repeatedly is perhaps your most attractive quality."
One day we'll be on the same side again Wade. One day.

But for now, we'll see. Saber won't be underestimating Caster again.

Hey she does not yet know that her Kohai and cousin (second degree) died, her day is about to get worse.

Hey tbf she has some competition from the Einzbern Master too, considering running one Servant takes a fairly huge amount of a Mage's mana output. And knight-classes tend to guzzle magical gas like a goddamn hummer.

Everyone's just

Having a wonderful day.

:o
:cry:
:mad:

Saber:
"Does it frighten you? To face an opponent who can rise from the ashes of his own unmaking?"

Dan:
"Hardly. The fact that I can kill you repeatedly is perhaps your most attractive quality."
I wonder what Dan thinks of Berserker then? I am hard to kill after all.

And you haven't even seen my final form.
Hey tbf she has some competition from the Einzbern Master too, considering running one Servant takes a fairly huge amount of a Mage's mana output. And knight-classes tend to guzzle magical gas like a goddamn hummer.

Everyone's just

Having a wonderful day.
I am Caster, Thank you very much.

So in summary:

Assassin has reached the Giles/Jack the Ripper tier of mundane casualties and is operating at peak power thanks to plunging the city into darkness.

Team Einzbern now has two Knight Classes, in the form of Archer and Saber, and is looking to start some shit along with maybe forming a Founding Family alliance with Rin/Rider.

Dan Cash has found out his long thought dead sister is in fact alive and we likely are looking at a Cash family team up with Lancer and Caster allying. Oh and Shawna is on the verge of Dead Apostle status and is being tended to by a Caster, whose works tend to involve transformations into monsters rather than the opposite.

Rin does not yet know that her Kohai and cousin (second degree) is dead, but she does know that the war is out of control and Luvia is using a position of relevance in the Clock tower to screw with her.

Team Berserker is being Berserker.

In addition to the above Overserer Kotomine is on the way, the Grail may take direct action if the Masters/Servants keep wrecking stuff and the Clocktower is less than impressed by how things are going.

Wow it's like watching a trainwreck in slow motion.

Last edited:
So in summary:

Assassin has reached the Giles/Jack the Ripper tier of mundane casualties and is operating at peak power thanks to plunging the city into darkness.

Team Einzbern now has two Knight Classes, in the form of Archer and Saber, and is looking to start some shit along with maybe forming a Founding Family alliance with Rin/Rider.

Dan Cash has found out his long thought dead sister is in fact alive and we likely are looking at a Cash family team up with Lancer and Caster allying. Oh and Shawna is on the verge of Dead Apostle status and is being tended to by a Caster, whose works tend to involve transformations into monsters rather than the opposite.

Rin does not yet know that her Kohai and cousin (second degree) is dead, but she does know that the war is out of control and Luvia is using a position of relevance in the Clock tower to screw with her.

In addition to the above Overserer Kotomine is on the way, the Grail may take direct action if the Masters/Servants keep wrecking stuff and the Clocktower is less than impressed by how things are going.

Team Berserker is also somehow still causing less property damage then everyone else.

Especially Assassin. When the sneaky person causes more destruction then Rage Knight their is a problem.

So in summary:

Who says I don't provide quality entertainment?

Back