OP

Dovahsith

Lost on the road of life
Fate/Isle of Sorrows: The Grail War of 2019

Upon the eve of WW2, the Third Fuyuki Grail War took place, the three founding families of Einzbern, Makiri and Tohsaka in addition to four additional strangers began a ritual to summon Heroic Spirits, Servants and begin a battle for the the Greater Grail, hoping use it's power to their own ends. Some wished for a path to the root, others more materialistic ambitions. The clash ended in fire and blood, as in the confusion several masters made a play for the Greater Grail itself. In path of time, the pathetic attempt by the interlopers would be squashed by the founding families. In another, the Grail would be snatched away before the completion of the ritual by an ambitious man known as Darnic Prestone Yggdmillennia, who hoped to use the Grail to create his own organisation, one potentially capable of rivaling even the Mages Association itself! But Time is fluid, Destiny is fickle and there is so many paths within the kaleidoscope of possibilities.

In one, far closer to our reality than most, the Grail was seized by an enterprising young scion of a worthy Magus family, who naturally sought to take the Grail war away from the unworthy backwater bloodlines for his own family's study. Though the Mages Association seeing the value of the Grail sent Enforcers to...confiscate the stolen property, by the time they had cornered the young man, the Grail had been hidden from their sight. The would-be thief expired during his interrogation, never revealing the whereabouts of the Grail as it lay dormant, deep beneath the growing city of Manchester as it slowly recharged from the ambient leylines, hidden right beneath the Associations gaze till it reactivated mere weeks before the coming New Year of 2019.

Now from all over the world, Masters enter the impending War. Some from the Founding families, seeking to reclaim their stolen property. Some are sent by the Mages Association and Church, intending to claim the Vessel for their own ends. Others arrive to battle, lured by the opportunity to gain that single promised wish....

So yeah, it's a Grail War RP! A RP of the Classic-style Grail War, with of 7 PC mages, 7 PC servants, with fluid alliances and a single almost unlimited wish to vie for! Should be self explanatory. Write ins are accepted with prior approval, but Servants will be hidden and assigned to masters as I see fit. Please PM servant applications. It will be set in the city of Manchester, United Kingdom.

Side-Note: Accepting Applications for Co-GMs.

Templates for Master and Servant sheets if you lack one to use.
Name:
Element:
Origin:
Description:

Magic Circuits Quantity:
Quality:
Magecraft/Mystic Codes:

Family History:
Class:
True Name:
Title:
Cultural Sphere:

Strength:
Endurance:
Agility:
Magic:
Luck:

Class Skills:

Personal Skills:

Noble Phantasms:

Biography/Personality(Use Spoilers):

Rules:
  1. Standard site regulations are in effect.
  2. No God-modding.
  3. All character applications will be submitted via PM. These PMs will be formatted as follows:
    Fate/Isle of Sorrows (Name of the applicant)
    If your PM does not follow this format it will be ignored.
  4. You will be expected to exercise some basic writing skills in this RP. If the GM has trouble understanding what you're writing, you won't get in.
  5. This is a war; characters are going to die or be otherwise eliminated in some capacity. Do not get salty in the OOC over this.
  6. Do not apply if you do not believe you cannot devote the free time necessary to this RP. If you intend to leave the RP, be sure to notify the GM beforehand and work something out regarding how you intend to have your character exit the stage. Otherwise, it'll be an absolute pain trying to make something of where you left off and trying to resolve the issue of your character in a manner that keeps the plot moving. Prolonged or unexplained absences will result in your character being relinquished to your partner or get killed off.
  7. Be reasonable and polite when dealing with other players; caustic and/or condescending behavior will get you kicked from the RP. Or at the very least will have me yelling at you, which I don't want to do.
  8. Players are expected to have knowledge of the Nasuverse and its workings. I am willing to explain things but not everything.
  9. Any instance of cheating will be punished with an immediate ejection from the RP, as will causing moderator intervention. Excessively forcing the GM to intervene will do the same.
  10. I'll accept a maximum of TWO applications per player. If you want to submit multiple Servants, please don't open a new convo. I'll be swamped enough as it is.
  11. Crossover Servants are not allowed and Masters only when they're an expy. If you really want to be a canon Master, I might allow it, but I'm going to expect both justification and quality from you. The founding families of Einzbern, Matou and Tohsaka, if present, are going to be pretty integral after all.
  12. Standard classes only. If you think your servant might be too overpowered for me to accept, you are probably right. Don't forget that the stronger the servant, the greater the Mana Drain.

Last edited:
Player List
Last edited:
Player List:

Masters:

Servants:
Saber:
Lancer
Archer
Berserker: @Deathwing
Rider:
Caster:
Assassin:

Will be finalized 1st January!
Now I am interested in what Berserker you chose from my options.

Also clearly showing I was excited for this is the fact I handed in two sheets the second you announced the game. and I think this game is a lovely Christmas gift.

Ooh, this looks interesting. I'll attempt to think up something for a servant today between all the Holiday Festivities.

And I have submitted the my pair of nutjobs for this freakshow. ONWARDS, TO GLORY!

I'm just curious since it seems like things are filling up rather quickly, over a holiday, when things aren't finalized until the 1st.
The power of advanced notice because of it being mentioned in discord and the OP being thrown up in another thread as an advertisement a couple days ago.

The power of advanced notice because of it being mentioned in discord and the OP being thrown up in another thread as an advertisement a couple days ago.
Okay, but that doesn't explain the rush to acceptance. There's a point where Grail Wars take way too long to select players/pairings but we're well short of that.

I'm just curious since it seems like things are filling up rather quickly, over a holiday, when things aren't finalized until the 1st.
Ah, I misunderstood, thought you meant who gets to summon what. I was honestly expecting there to be a slow start with the applications. I'll admit fault with the sudden filling of slots. Trying to balance it all out. Will continue to accept applications for slots and take the current listing off in case it might change.

I'm hoping everything gets filled by the 1st, which led to me picking that as the Date for finalization, but if everything gets covered before then, I might start the game earlier. But not for the next few days at least so people can have the chance to apply.

Back