The AnimeJapan stream... happened, I guess. No news was announced game-wise, but the next Samurai Remnant DLC will drop on the 18th of April.

-Fails at impulse control and spends some tickets on the tesla banner in hopes of getting edison-
-Gets tesla in a rainbow spin-
...yeah i deserved that when i know i can get edison with the upcoming 4 star ticket... Tho I guess I'm still lucky since I got an effin 5 star.

Anyways...can i just say
...there are
way too many challenge quests in this
at least it's too much for me
i've managed to do all but certain ones and the giga coil
but i luckily had the time for it this time
if i didn't, i just know i'd lose out on some stuff.
But that's just me. ...also complaining because i haven't opened as many boxes as i wanted to so far. X/ (only 23 as of this writing...I NEED MORE YELLOW CASTER GEMS DAMN IT)
Oh well. Haha. At least things have gone full circle with me now grinding the 90+ node with both my Arjuna and Arash, just like my first 3 turn comp in general.
Anyways...here's what i did for the quests 'cause, even if they are too much for me, I did have fun with them. ...most of them...

Mega Coil Quest 6: I used Skadi, Lobo with various crit CCs, Hans and Sherlock, with plugsuit ver 1 mystic code. I ended up using the revive, which I didn't mind 'cause I figured this would be annoying to deal with. Spoiler alert: yes, but not as much as...others.

Mega Coil Quest 3: lvl 1 Georgias w bond CE, Yu Mei Ren with defense remove CCs, and Nobukatsu with Kscope. I probably could've saved Nobukatsu for the others, but eh, it was fine. It took two tries but that was 'cause I forgot about the defense up on the first try and had to put 'em on Yu.

Mega Coil Quest 5: Habetrot (lvl 69), Nemo, Tamamo-no-Mae, Waver, and Ruler Da Vinci. Habetrot was to deal with the books first turn and then I'd have Nemo deal with Murasaki before she summoned another set of books. The supports were picked because of boosting arts and NP and having a charger but still saving the other supports for the other Mega Coil quests. This quest was done several times, enough that I lost track, because I had to refine which skills to use when as well as a little bit of RNG luck.

Mega Coil Quest 4: This took several tries because of me trying to get rid of all the reindeer turn 1 with minimum supports and Arash. Team comp ended up changing a few members here and there, and in the end technically one of them wasn't actually necessary, but it was still part of the team that beat it. So, team was Fuuma w taunt CE, Arash with lvl 70-ish Aerial Drive, Atalante Alter with attack Kscope, Phantom (yes you see that right PHANTOM IS ON THIS TEAM), and Reines with hp kscope. Plan was:
Fuuma used S3 and I plugsuit him out with Reines
Reines charges herself and Atalante
Then Reines NP, Arash NP, and Atalantr NP
Thus Santa Salter comes in and Phantom does and I go to town about it.
There was a bit of luck as Atalante manages to get her NP again to help get her to the last bar before Phantom has to solo it...BUT YES. I DID IT. I CLEARED THE QUEST WITH PHANTOM OF OPERA. HAHAHA. I probably could've just used Okita J. Souji or literally most of the other 4 star Assassins I happen to have but...c'mon. When was I gonna get another chance to have Phantom do something? I mean the charm and buff removal actually helped.

Mega Coil Quest 2: DOUBLE SISTER TIME...gone wrong. Ish.
The team was Eresh, Ishtar, Shakespeare, Ozymandias, and Koyanskaya, with Jaguar Warrior as a "backup" since I figured by the time she would pop up, there would only be one left and she'd be all alone, or at worst, at least give a star bomb to allies. It...didn't go so well, because the Earth trait bonus damage didn't do as much as I thought it would (I probably typed it wrong in the NP damage calculator...) and it ended up being the three of them fighting against CEO of Amazones. I thought all hope was lost when Ozy went down...until Jaguar showed up exactly for why I picked her and finally beat the quest. And it only took two tries. First time was restarted because of...I think I misclicked a skill on the wrong time. Yeah.

Mega Coil Quest 1: OH MY GOSH THESE STUPID CRABS. Maybe if I had put Mash sooner this wouldn't have taken so long, and with less tries (though yeah it's just three tries but man they were long), and it only succeeded once Mash was on the team. The rest of it was Baohbhan as my main DPS with her NP and her entire deck stacked w/ curse or burn, Robin Hood for his poison skill and class advantage, Caster Cu with kscope for his burn from NP, Dobrynya with kscope for the same reason.

Mega Coil Quest 7: WOOOO LE'S GO ARJUNA ALTER! Man, I'm so happy to have my own now. Ahem, anyways... Team was Arjuna Alter, Santa Martha, Merlin, regular Cu as backup/anchor, and Castoria who I'd switch in with Santa Martha to have her be frontline alongside Arjuna and Merlin. I did have to use an NP CS because all my invincabilities weren't available otherwise for that one turn, but other than that, it went great! Card RNG and timing led to plenty of NPs done and I beat the CQ first try.

Izo: just immortal team himiko ver i aint dealing with his bullshit

Tawara: Jaguar Warrior SOLO...sort of. Actually, she got plenty of support. After several tries with different comps, final team was Merlin with kscope and max append, aforementioned Jaguar Warrior (whp is lvl 90 and NP5), Gong with kscope and max append, Koyanskaya w target ce, and support lvl 1 George with bond CE. They were all supposed to die as soon as possible, but Koyanskaya and Gong lasted longer than intended and...still acted as meatshields as Jaguar Warrior wacked Tawara until George came along and by then Jaguar Warrior's S1 would be off cooldown and I would still have the invincibility from Atlas Academy mystic code so she could survive long enough to activate the damage CE guts once, activate the quest's unique bonue mechanic, and kill Tawara at last.

Leonidas: Immortal team, Morgan ver. ...there's a lot of CQs okay. I saved time when I could.

Mephistopheles: I had...intended to beat the clown a lot sooner, but in the end, my team of Skadi, Xiang Yu, and Castoria, ended up pretty much going through all the mooks until the end where Koyanskaya, Merlin and support Herakles finished him off. My DPS was Xiang Yu because I wanted a Quick AoE NP DPS to pair with Skadi, the main crux of the team thanks to her NP's death immunity, but I didn't want to use Astolfo 'cause...well, I was going to use any excuse to use Xiang Yu, okay? So yeah.

Caster Gil with boss rush team (The Golden Metropolis): Once again, Imortal Team, Himiko version this time. Mostly. Turn one I had a level 1 Gong to taunt enemies to ensure Castoria and Merlin survived while Merlin, with damage CE, Brave chained Bunyan to death and I didn't have to worry about her stripping the defensive buffs. After that, just kept going, yes even when CasGil popped up and slowed progress down to a crawl.

Achilles: ...THIS is what pushed me to MLB the damage CE. My comp was Arjuna Alter, Koyanskaya who I'd switch with Castoria, Merlin, Mash, and support Herakles, and after a few tries, I realized I could beat the quest with this comp...but I needed my Arjuna Alter to get him to at least half of his second bar before he dies so that support Herakles could kill him. And so I gave in and MLB'd the damage CE and on the run after I did, I beat it. Thank. Gosh.

Sheba: WHICH IS A GOOD THING BECAUSE I FUCKING HATED THIS QUEST SO MUCH AND DEFINITELY NEEDED THAT MLB'D DAMAGE CE. Uugghhh... So, I went with Immortal Team Morgan version, but after the first try, I tried Immortal Team Himiko version but THAT run went on almost 60 turns aaaand...I failed at last minute because BAD CARD RNG. So I decided to just go Morgan version until she got killed and then have my Nemo finish the job. Thankfully, that plan did work. Barely. I had good RNG for it and I'm happy about that.

Nero, Fionn, and Napoleon: let's just say this ended up being a really nice pallet cleanser after the last one. Beat it first try with my Oberon as my DPS, Merlin and Castoria and Morgan as backup. ...yes i forgot about oberon's skill messing with merlin's buff success rate again. But I only remembered in the middle of the fight because damn I got quite lucky with Merlin's buffs despite that. Still ended up needing Morgan in the end, but that was mostly because I underestimated how powerful a S3 boosted Oberon NP would be when I think I didn't have NP strength up.

Three Gorgon Sisters: Used a guide comp for this (with changes made to work for my account specifically) and beat it second try because I pressed wrong buttons but also needed a brave chain for turn 2. Again. Anyways, the comp was: frontline Waver with star bomb, Arjuna Alter, lvl 80 chen gong with dragon's meridian and max append, then backline oberon, merlin (who would be switched to frontline and sacrificed) and support Morgan for backup. With this, I 2 turned it by first having Waver charge, then swapped with Merlin and use all his skills, then Gong put his taunt on Arjuna, then Gong NP to Arjuna NP, then next, face cards with max crit to get rid of Medusa before the other sisters get wrecked by Mahapralaya.

Eric Bloodaxe: hehe yu mei ren + sherlock go brrrr...mostly. Unfortunately Yu got killed during run and support Morgan had to finish it up, but otherwisw it was mostly her fighting Bloodaxe.

Romulus: HOLY CRAP GO SANTA KARNA. Ahem. So comp was Santa Karna with damage CE as secondary DPS and his S3 to be used on the main DPS, Support NP4 Muramasa with mlb damage CE as main DPS, Waver with star bomb who's swapped with Castoria with Bodhisattva for frontline, and Reines with kscope. Oh my gosh, it went on for a while with so many close calls, me being an idiot thinking the pierce invul was part of Muramasa's NP instead of his skill, and losing Muramasa at last minute, but at that point I got good RNG and cooldown timing, so Santa Karna had his skills ready AND a Brave chain...but the rest of his cards weren't necessary because his NP was enough to blast the last of Romulus's HP! YEEAAAAH.

Jaguar Warrior and friends: This...ended up way easier than I thought it'd be. And I was just using a support Spishtar because I just wanted to try! Anyways, team was Castoria with Bodhisattva, support Spishtar, Waver with star bomb, Koyanskya with star bomb as "backup" support, and Oberon as both secondary DPS and support for Spishtar. Beat it first try, though it ended up being close because I got a bit careless at the end.

Mysterious Heroine X: This also ended up easier than expected, but I largely blame that on the support Berserker Vlad I used. He was the MVP. I picked him because I wanted an ST Berserker but didn't have any with an Arts NP, and while I had Atalante Alter and Quick as an alternative, I still wanted Arts. I did still have that as a "backup" though. So team was Zerker Vlad, Koyanskaya who was then switched to Castoria, and Merlin as frontline to get rid of as many snacks as possible, and had Atalante Alter, and Skadi. And it went great! ...yes even when I had him at 1 HP for most of the fight (I misunderstood the effect of one of the snacks, okay???). Unfortunately, bad RNG happened in the tail end and lost him, and then I also lost Atalante Alter because I didn't stun X with plugsuit (I THOUGHT THE NP SEAL WOULD HIT). But thankfully, Vlad had gotten rid of all the snacks, so though I was down to Skadi, X was also, thanks to lucky timing for me, down to 1 HP. And so Skadi finished her off.

Brave Liz: i am not doing this one until the bug is fixed. yes it means if they don't fix it in time i will miss out on the ticket. i do not care in this specific case.

Romulus (super version) & Caster Gil with boss rush team (super version): i dont know if i'll bother with these. we'll see after if i can do giga coil as quickly as i did with mega coil (i beat them all in one day as opposed to the exhibition quests which i did over the courseof days)

Tesla, Gil, & CasGil CQ: i was lazy, did not want to figure out a way myself, and so just copied this team and gong'd it to oblivion.

Dante become an arsonist with all the burn stuff but is still the same-ish kit

Cag on the other hand is just cramming his kit with ton of NP charge and a 10K gut

like what the fuck, that a first

Cagliostro has a SSR Kit while being a SR what the actual fuck

S1 For I am Azshara EX [9 to 7 turns CD] - Charges own NP gauge (30% to 50%), Overcharges own NP by 1 stage, Increases own NP damage (20% to 30%) for 3 turns, 30% to trigger Confusion on all enemies for 3 rounds

S2 Althotas Continuum C [12 to 10 turns CD] - Grants self Guts status (5000 Hp to 10000 HP) for 1 time, 5 turns, Charges NP gauge by 30% and overchrages NP by 1 when Guts triggers, Increases own Np gain (20% to 30%) for 5 turns

S3 Oriental Martial Arts A+ [8 to 6 turns CD] - Increases own Arts performance (20% to 30%) for 3 turns, Increases own critical damage (30% to 30%) for 3 turns, Reduces target enemy's debuff resistance by 10% for 1 turn when normal attacking for 3 turns

NP Rebellion Au Monde (Arts) - Removes defensive buffs on all enemies, deals damage to all enemies (450% to 750%), deals super effective damage against [Lawful] enemies (Effect icnreases with overcharge) (150% to 200%), Reduces all enemies defense by 20%

Passives

Diversion Tactic EX - Increases own Star Drop rate by 30%, Increases own critical rate by 20%, Increases own Deuff Resistance by 10%

Heroes' Archenemy (Fake) E++ - Increases own Arts critical damage by 10%

Matter Casting (Fake) EX - Increases own debuff success rate by 10%, Increases own buff removal resistance rate by 10%

We need to put Dantes as the 5star!

But sir, we have the last Apostle!

Make his kit 5star, 4star stats! Both on rate up! Flawless victory!

…or something like that.

Finally finished the Giga Coil CQs which were the last ones I had left. Erice and the Final Idol one were a bit tricky but that's all 31 CQs down.

Which is a silly amount to put in a 2-week lotto event but I digress. I did smile a bit to see that the Idol CQ still switches the BGM if you put one of the idol Servants in the center - I loved that gimmick.

the time have come and so i will rollllllll, for my country

gold: Lancelot, Beowulf, Karna, Osakabehime, ton of Melt, Astrea

FIRST EVER HARD PITY

and i am a freaking F2P

i don't care if they aren't that good, i have them now

Rolling for Twins. 180 quartz got me: Not-Vampire Vlad, Hai Bai Trung and my Ibaraki Douji to NP3.

Then decided to throw my 36 tickets in as well, for fun and got a second copy of the twins.

I know that it won't last, but I wanted to enjoy the time we have before it happens. Until then, do what you do best. Both of you.

;-; OC2 got me fucked up.

Got the twins on my first set of 10 tickets (ticket #9, FWIW).

Then I got greedy. I decided, sure, why not shoot for NP2 or a Melt. She's also only at NP1.

Well, the desire sensor punished me for my hubris. Literally the worst 10 tickets I have ever spent, netting me nothing but silver. Not even new silver CEs, no. Everything I've already MLB'd.

And, of course, the game also chose to style on me by finishing off the roll with a meme offering of Mapo Tofu just to rub it in.

The real question is if this April fools contains Deep Lore™ like RITSUKA in last year's one.
Update: It's apparently Kama Interlude: Oberon Xoqqrr Edition(IE Oberon rips off animeFootball Manga to help Ritsuka's mental health). Apart from the Kadoc event freakouts everyone's wanted, no Deep Lore™ other than Ritsuka's greatest fear.

After, objectively, one of the worst weekends in my life where I managed to get heatstroke and started uncontrollably vomitting on Friday, recovered, and then got food poisoning on Sunday-

My first five star since January showed up.

And it's Merlin!

(I'd rather not go through that again for a five star if it's all the same to you gacha sama.)

yup. as i thought, i didn't have the time for both the lotto AND the last exhibition quest and all the giga coil quests because something came up and i wanted to deal with asap. Oh well. At least, with me grinding up until the server reset/maintainance, I got about 55 and one third boxes. A lot more than worse case scenario. I'm so looking forward to this event being 3 weeks. I can relax after all that rushing...

Back