So... Considering it's been around for about 3/4 of a year by now (and is just about to get a new expansion), I was wondering: How are y'all finding the Class Score system so far?

Me personally, I made the dreadful mistake of trying to climb three trees at once and am too stubborn to change my strategy at this point. Besides, I absolutely had to pick all of them. Berserker because Heracles is the strongest; Caster because Nursery Rhyme is the cutest; and Alter Ego because for some strange reason a lot of my favourite Servants have been slotted into that Class. To pick one over the other would be a disservice to my children!

Despite this deliberate mistep, I am overall still somewhat positive? Even spread out like they are for me, the buffs still feel noticeable without being broken. The resource gathering mechanic is imperfect (having to take a break from an Event or a storyline because you have to spend your Storm Pods is a very feelbad experience) and the repeatable battles themselves are kinda 'Meh', but I can't honestly say I can think of a better way of doing it than they've done. On the other hand, the Command Seal Attack/Defense buff is something I absolutely love and didn't see coming.

True, it's not enough to make me actually use the singular Command Seals instead of the 3x Revive option, but it was a great attempt and I really like the feeling of your Fujimaru being such a great Master of Berserker that their Command Seals are superpowered. Rasengle should make an additional tree that gives a buff scaling off of Bond Level to make it even better.

Though the biggest misstep of the system has to be the fact that the trees are all just copypastes of each other. Like, intellectually I understand that making unique trees for every single class would be a balance nightmare, but come on, this is FGO, the very concept of balance has been dead since Merlin was released at the end of 2016! Just throw stuff at the wall and see what cool stuff came shaking out, we would've like it.

Besides, it's not as if you didn't run into some balance problems with the trees as is already. The 'grand prize' for finishing one of the off -requiring a resource so rare we literally only have enough for 1½ Signs- is Noble Phantasm Damage Up. You know, something that's literally completely useless to ~30% of all Casters.

Anyways, those were just my own rambling thoughts on the matter. It turns out I had a bit more to say on the subject than I thought when I started the post.

So... Considering it's been around for about 3/4 of a year by now (and is just about to get a new expansion), I was wondering: How are y'all finding the Class Score system so far?

Me personally, I made the dreadful mistake of trying to climb three trees at once and am too stubborn to change my strategy at this point. Besides, I absolutely had to pick all of them. Berserker because Heracles is the strongest; Caster because Nursery Rhyme is the cutest; and Alter Ego because for some strange reason a lot of my favourite Servants have been slotted into that Class. To pick one over the other would be a disservice to my children!

Despite this deliberate mistep, I am overall still somewhat positive? Even spread out like they are for me, the buffs still feel noticeable without being broken. The resource gathering mechanic is imperfect (having to take a break from an Event or a storyline because you have to spend your Storm Pods is a very feelbad experience) and the repeatable battles themselves are kinda 'Meh', but I can't honestly say I can think of a better way of doing it than they've done. On the other hand, the Command Seal Attack/Defense buff is something I absolutely love and didn't see coming.

True, it's not enough to make me actually use the singular Command Seals instead of the 3x Revive option, but it was a great attempt and I really like the feeling of your Fujimaru being such a great Master of Berserker that their Command Seals are superpowered. Rasengle should make an additional tree that gives a buff scaling off of Bond Level to make it even better.

Though the biggest misstep of the system has to be the fact that the trees are all just copypastes of each other. Like, intellectually I understand that making unique trees for every single class would be a balance nightmare, but come on, this is FGO, the very concept of balance has been dead since Merlin was released at the end of 2016! Just throw stuff at the wall and see what cool stuff came shaking out, we would've like it.

Besides, it's not as if you didn't run into some balance problems with the trees as is already. The 'grand prize' for finishing one of the off -requiring a resource so rare we literally only have enough for 1½ Signs- is Noble Phantasm Damage Up. You know, something that's literally completely useless to ~30% of all Casters.

Anyways, those were just my own rambling thoughts on the matter. It turns out I had a bit more to say on the subject than I thought when I started the post.
Went all in on Rider because if I'm not pursuing or in possession of Grand Servant caliber Achilles then I am dead. I dipped my toes into a few of the other ones, because I mistakenly thought the Class Score milestone missions in the 8th anniversary were temporary, and I threw a few into Berserker. I'm waiting for the Pretender unlock before I go all in on Extra II. At max it's a neat buff. Off a powerful/self-sufficient enough Servant it basically feels like their Brave Chains just ignore Offensive Class Disadvantage when it arises. The Command Spell buff is a fun touch, but the fact that you can't stack it is a little bit lame. I can be trusted with a highly costly 150% Attack buff.

But it does feel one-dimensional, with how the buffs are the same across all the classes, and with the exception of stargen they're all just offensive buffs (they don't even do Card Performance up, which would be broken yes but consider it would be fun). I'd like if it got expanded with a wider suite of buffs as Ordeal Stall goes on, but I'm not hopeful because FGO doesn't really do iteration on its strengthening systems. Servant coins had less than six months before Lasengle just invented a system to get rid of them, after all, even if that's sort of for the better considering the nature of Servant coins.

Hopefully if they do expand it, it's not just more of the same, and we get some variety in the buffs. NP gain would be a big shakeup, and some kinds of defensive buffs would be cool too (and not just crit chance reduction), I need more ways of ignoring Class Disadvantage.

actually use the singular Command Seals instead of the 3x Revive option
Tbf, and maybe this is recency bias hitting, but Teslafest has actually been a great provider of opportunities to use single Seals due to the revival EQs not allowing continues. That said, this is also the last time iirc that a fest event has those, and as Khadroth noted people didn't like that being part of a lotto.

Rasengle should make an additional tree that gives a buff scaling off of Bond Level to make it even better.
I disagree about a tree, since that incentivizes more resource management--unless they also give a more reliable way to get coins. That said, buffs scaling off Bond Level like in Solomon would be appreciated (especially since they're clearly saving Bond CEs for something)

That said, buffs scaling off Bond Level like in Solomon would be appreciated (especially since they're clearly saving Bond CEs for something)
IIRC interviews have mentioned that the Lostbelt finale is going to have a Bond 10 thing like how Solomon had stuff at Bond 5, so we'll at least be getting that sometime in 2026. Probably not as a general thing though, I doubt they'd make Bond CEs a permanent buff.

new Hassan and Marie Alter is here

oh boy, regular normal high school adventure, sure hope nothing bad happen :V

Well, OC2 stream tl;dw
Jeannu + Alter animation update
Marie Alter SSR Avenger, tough we only saw the teen version instead of the one from Agartha the F/Requiem collab. (FA copium)
The TVCM shows, surprise surprise that Dantes is a major character

Last edited:
Well, OC2 stream tl;dw
Jeannu + Alter animation update
Marie Alter SSR Avenger, tough we only saw the teen version instead of the one from Agartha. (FA copium)
The TVCM shows, surprise surprise that Dantes is a major character

Maria Alter was never in Agartha, you're thinking of the Fate/Requiem collab event. Datamining has all the ascensions, Big Maria is her 3rd, and she showed up in TVCM.

Apparently Marie Alter's been in the works for at least two years? Her internal Avenger ID is apparently between Ranmaru and Summer Erice.

That's not much of a surprise, really. We know they make Servants ages in advance and then for some reason just do nothing with them, that's how we got Theseus and Sugitani in that one event.

That's not much of a surprise, really. We know they make Servants ages in advance and then for some reason just do nothing with them, that's how we got Theseus and Sugitani in that one event.
Squirt shut up

we all know why they held back Servant release

stop talking burger

don't what me

La Angle have alway release Servant with the story to help sell them

we all know this

so stop being like a burger

at least a hotdog chewier
I genuinely have no idea what you're talking about.

I brought up Theseus and Sugitani because we literally have commentary from Sanda saying that he was approached when he was writing the Ptolemy event and asked if he could include Theseus and Sugitani because both had been finished for ages but never released, and Sanda said "sure" and wrote both of them into the event.

I'm not even having a take here, I'm just stating facts that they often finish Servants and then don't release them. It's not even true that they always release Servants with story to help sell them—Casturia was released a year before LB6, Muramasa was released as a New Year's Servant years after his debut, and Jason, Paris, Gareth, Bart, Corday, Salome, and Chen Gong were all released at the same time during the 4th anniversary months or years before any would get any story role.

My point is that their pipeline is weird, which I don't think anyone can dispute, and it results in issues like time and effort and resources being put into Servants that they then do not release and have waiting in the wings.

Apparently Marie Alter's been in the works for at least two years? Her internal Avenger ID is apparently between Ranmaru and Summer Erice.
Speaking of things in the works, apparently the new Hassan was originally planned to be in Prototype Fragments before Serenity was chosen instead. So his character concept is around 11 years old.

Pfft, apparently High School AU Taira is specifically a transfer student. Guess Midoriko Usui moved from Misaki at some point.:V

probably incredibly unpopular opinion here: as #1 dantes hater i hope he gets musashi'd, didn't like every other appearance and playing prison tower only made me hate him more so getting him out of the plot forever would be a step up to me.

probably incredibly unpopular opinion here: as #1 dantes hater i hope he gets musashi'd, didn't like every other appearance and playing prison tower only made me hate him more so getting him out of the plot forever would be a step up to me.
I'm not sure if it's really unpopular tbh.

Sakurai has spent years trying to make Dantès cool, but instead of writing him as such, a method was to insert him everywhere whenever she could. And unlike Servants like Da Vinci or Mash who will always be there for clear narrative reasons, Dantès felt like a weird insertion trying to very forcefully make the player like him. Add to that ridiculous stuff added to his backstory by the Drama CD to make him sound even more impressive. It got even more egregious when he was mostly ignored by other Fate writers doing their thing (outside of Shinjuku), unlike his presence in Sakurai chapter constantly reminding you he exists and trying to make you believe he really is just as important a part of the cast guys, always there to protect Ritsuka!

Essentially, he feels like an OC inserted into a narrative instead of a real character.

Reminds me of Mugen from Granblue

Broly ripoff with nothing that made Broly charming. Failed at being popular they attached one of the Six Dragons (another popular character group) to his hip

Didn't work either. Dude's barely a blip even with a super broken halloween limited unit lol

I'm not sure if it's really unpopular tbh.

Sakurai has spent years trying to make Dantès cool, but instead of writing him as such, a method was to insert him everywhere whenever she could. And unlike Servants like Da Vinci or Mash who will always be there for clear narrative reasons, Dantès felt like a weird insertion trying to very forcefully make the player like him. Add to that ridiculous stuff added to his backstory by the Drama CD to make him sound even more impressive. It got even more egregious when he was mostly ignored by other Fate writers doing their thing (outside of Shinjuku), unlike his presence in Sakurai chapter constantly reminding you he exists and trying to make you believe he really is just as important a part of the cast guys, always there to protect Ritsuka!

Essentially, he feels like an OC inserted into a narrative instead of a real character.
I think part of the problem is that he only ever interacts with the generally passive Ritsuka and the bad guys - he's never 'on set' with the rest of the good guys cast. The intent is obviously to make him seem cool and mysterious and aloof, but the effect is to make him seem apart from the narrative and make him seem more tryhard because he can never interact with anybody who could call him out on his chunni schtick and never have any characterization moments other than Tuxedo Mask To The Rescue.

Last edited:
I think Comun put it pretty succinctly (spoilers, hence the spoilers in the quote):

Having already read the date scenes and the Dantès reveals, my personal opinion on this one is:
Sakurai has spent 7 years trying to make Dantès cool and failed every time, but Higashide managed to do it in Shinjuku.
Meanwhile, Higashide has spent 7 years trying to make Jalter romance likable and failed every time, but Sakurai managed to do it in Id.
It's a tragedy that these two characters were owned by the wrong people. Sakurai and Higashide need to trade them permanently.

Shining Star is named so because dude's a living bomb apparently, he overcharges his circuits for his Zabaniya and there's a risk of him actually exploding and harming his own allies

Good old Malfeas' Style Stealth. Nobody can find you if you KILL EVERYONE

Last edited:
Incidentally, Dantes clarified early in OC2 if it wasn't already clear from the existing ones that none of the Ordeal Calls are going to be straightforward in location, so we can assume OC3 isn't properly in Italy either.

Back