About servants getting datamined (ergo incorporated into the game) years before they really appeared, wasn't Calamity Jane datamined the first year of the game, and even then she didn't appear till the second Saber Wars, ergo more than 4 years later?

About servants getting datamined (ergo incorporated into the game) years before they really appeared, wasn't Calamity Jane datamined the first year of the game, and even then she didn't appear till the second Saber Wars, ergo more than 4 years later?
One piece of art was which might have been her then-final ascension, but it ultimately went unused. Her design didn't really change though, so it definitely seems like they had her lying around for ages and just eventually decided "fuck it" and retooled her into a Servant Universe thing to get her out the door.

If we're going to talk about Servants that remain unused despite probably being mostly ready.
Perseus.
2 versions were datamined from the very start of the game.
He's had cameo appearances in multiple animated works already.
He's referenced endlessly by Medusa. As in, she keeps jacking his shit.
He's one of the more famous heroes in Greek myth we don't have yet.
We're approaching the 10th anniversary.

If they're honestly going to sit on a name like that for a full decade+, everything else is sorta peanuts. But it does underscore the point that they're willing to sit on finished servants for long-ass times, more or less just because they can/want.
You really can't tell me there wasn't any opportunity to put this dude in at any point since 2014.

If we're going to talk about Servants that remain unused despite probably being mostly ready.
Perseus.
2 versions were datamined from the very start of the game.
He's had cameo appearances in multiple animated works already.
He's referenced endlessly by Medusa. As in, she keeps jacking his shit.
He's one of the more famous heroes in Greek myth we don't have yet.
We're approaching the 10th anniversary.

If they're honestly going to sit on a name like that for a full decade+, everything else is sorta peanuts. But it does underscore the point that they're willing to sit on finished servants for long-ass times, more or less just because they can/want.
You really can't tell me there wasn't any opportunity to put this dude in at any point since 2014.
In complete fairness, we've never seen evidence that he's got in-game assets actually finished the way we did for people like Jane, Roland, Sugitani etc.

To spin it the other way, their pipeline is so fucked that despite having two versions of Perseus on their datamined list of planned Servants back in 2015, they've released zero versions of Perseus up to 2024.

To find the humour in the situation, it's kind of hysterical that after 9 years of no Perseus, we got Andromeda first.

i think the Eli challenge quest is bug

dmg+ CE not working

and doing it with out it is painful

To spin it the other way, their pipeline is so fucked that despite having two versions of Perseus on their datamined list of planned Servants back in 2015, they've released zero versions of Perseus up to 2024.
Rather than the pipeline, it says to me that their organisational structure is fucked, and the pipeline being so fucked is an effect of that.
In the end, I think it all goes back to the fact that they thought FGO would be a 1-2 year squeeze and didn't plan for anything to handle the long term, both the team working on it and the game itself.
The latter of which manifests in spaghetti code, and the former in them not having anything ready in any time that makes sense.

Like, we had Andromeda as Valentine, Ok, then what if the Rate-up servant of CBC following that would have been Perseus instead of a Charlie Rerun?
Even if the Servant pipeline is 6months+, nobody thought to have put Perseus to the top next to Andromeda?

Something has and is continuing to go strangely wrong for seemingly no reason over at lasagna.

Last edited:
Rather than the pipeline, it says to me that their organisational structure is fucked, and the pipeline being so fucked is an effect of that.
In the end, I think it all goes back to the fact that they thought FGO would be a 1-2 year squeeze and didn't plan for anything to handle the long term, both the team working on it and the game itself.
The latter of which manifests in spaghetti code, and the former in them not having anything ready in any time that makes sense.

Like, we had Andromeda as Valentine, Ok, then what if the Rate-up servant of CBC following that would have been Perseus instead of a Charlie Rerun?

Something has and is continuing to go strangely wrong for seemingly no reason over at lasagna.
Well, not no reason—as you said, the pipeline is fucked, and while there are a bunch of potential reasons the most obvious one is that the organisational structure is probably fucked too.

I kind of suspect that a not-insignificant part of it is Summer being such a colossal hog of resources and effort that it has knock-on effects throughout the year, and then Lasengle have to play catch-up which leads to issues like LB7 not being ready for release when it was due and the like. Choosing to abandon reruns is another big thing, because it means that they're less able to just go "well okay just release this event again and give us a 2 week breather" and instead have to rely on making events 3 weeks long as standard.

It'd be fascinating to be a fly on the wall at Lasengle meetings, honestly. I'd love to understand where and how things got so screwy, because they definitely have. New hires can't magically fix a bad system, but at a certain point when you're making literal billions it's gotta be worthwhile to just pay someone to come in and tell you what's wrong at least.

As I understand it, apparently Femboy Hassan says he'll be meeting you for the first time in the future, and this could be a hint towards a Prototype collab. Maybe then they'll release Perseus.

Frankly, I'm not all that enthused. Prototype is very much meh to me.

Like he's twink verging on twunk. I'm not seeing any stereotypically feminine attributes here, but that's just me.

Finished all the Mega Coil CQs. I really enjoyed the idea of having to plan out your fights because you can't use those servants for the others. Figuring out when and where to use the major supports and damage dealers in my account was especially interesting.

Making my way through the revival EQs as well--immortal team continues to reign, though I'm struggling with the Super Hard Mode of the Nero+crew fight.....whoever decided to put Ana in this quest is going to burn in hell.

Also fully cleared out the shop aside from the epilogue unlocked mats, which I've got the necessary currencies for. Feels good.

new Buff for Jeann and Jalter

Jeann S1: star gain per turn increase to 5/15, gain 20% NP Gauge and buff 20% to Art for every one

Jalter: Buster up got a gain 30/50% NP Gauge

At first I was thinking that this doesn't help Jeanne's "We have Castoria at home" issues, but apparently the stargen's been boosted to a point that's legitimately useful for Arts teams?
(Her third skill is still entirely useless outside of Servants, but that's a Strengthening for another time.)

I have now played through the entirety of Id. Through the muddlement of emotions that hit me every time I try to understand complex stories with at best rudimentary Japanese, one thought stands true amongst all others: Theodoric Alter will be added to my far too long list of "Servants I desperately beg to become playable". Because oh boy, does he hit a lot of my charm points. Not all of them - we aren't dealing with a LB6 Spoiler/Camazotz situation yet - but enough that if Rasengle ever want to drain my account of 900 Quartz they know what to do.

And yes, I would specifically like Theodoric Alter, not Avenger Wild Hunt. Avenger Wild Hunt as a concept would instead be much more fun if they made them an Alter Ego and not an Avenger.

(Her third skill is still entirely useless outside of Servants, but that's a Strengthening for another time.)
Specifically, a Strengthening where they buff it to also apply the Command Seal Activation buff on one of your Servants.

I mean, God's Resolution A's flavour is literally Jeanne having a Quadrillion Command Seals and using one to bind your enemy, it'd be a perfect fit! Plus, it would effectively give Jeanne "Classes you the player like"-type Synergy, which is cute.

Back