Winter Rose (Worm/Steven Universe) (Alt Power+Crossover)

All irregularities will be handled by the forces controlling each dimension. Transuranic heavy elements may not be used where there is life. Medium atomic weights are available: Gold, Lead, Copper, Jet, Diamond, Radium, Sapphire, Silver and Steel. Sapphire and Steel have been assigned.

I do hope this story updates at some point, wherever it ends up being; it's quite enjoyable.

I haven't read all the non-story posts in this thread so forgive me if this was already asked, which it probably was:

Why is Taylor's gem on her head and not her stomach like for Rose and Steven?
Also, I'd have thought Amethyst would appear before Bismuth. If Lapis is coming too, then she'd presumably come third instead- it's mainly Bismuth's position in appearance that doesn't seem to track with the superluminal mass rankings. Garnet gets a pass for me because I can see Ruby and Sapphire holding on to each other even through space-time and reality, because of the power of love.

I do hope this story updates at some point, wherever it ends up being; it's quite enjoyable.

I haven't read all the non-story posts in this thread so forgive me if this was already asked, which it probably was:

Why is Taylor's gem on her head and not her stomach like for Rose and Steven?
Also, I'd have thought Amethyst would appear before Bismuth. If Lapis is coming too, then she'd presumably come third instead- it's mainly Bismuth's position in appearance that doesn't seem to track with the superluminal mass rankings. Garnet gets a pass for me because I can see Ruby and Sapphire holding on to each other even through space-time and reality, because of the power of love.

Gem placement is largely symbolic. Steven and Rose's gems were in their bellies because they are motivated at their core by their instincts and emotions; in english we even say things like "Gut feeling." to denote the primary driver that moves Steven and Rose to their actions. These placements are often loosely associated with the chakras.

Taylor's gem is also very high on her head, right up against her hairline, and it faces up.

Last edited:
Gem placement is largely symbolic. Steven and Rose's gems were in their bellies because they are motivated at their core by their instincts and emotions; in english we even say things like "Gut feeling." to denote the primary driver that moves Steven and Rose to their actions.

Taylor's gem is also very high on her head, right up against her hairline, and it faces up.
White is going to be tickled pink when she finds out

I'm fairly certain that symbolism was intentional, but if it wasn't, it sure as heck feels like it was. Even in places where you might not expect it. Yellow Diamond wants to project the image that she's a cerebral, detached, logical leader who always makes objective decisions, but she's not. When you actually press her, it becomes instantly clear that Yellow Diamond thinks with her heart, just like blue does. And as one can see from their actions, that is NOT always a good thing.

I'm pretty sure that Pearl has color elements from all of the Diamonds because she's White Diamond's Pearl... and was created for her before she had even split Yellow and Blue from herself. Meaning Pearl is the second oldest Gem in the entire show.

CG Pearl is actually the youngest out of the four Diamond Pearls we see, Pearls are made to order, and after Pink Pearl was taken away as punishment (like she was tv privileges), whoever made CG Pearl for Pink Diamond used all four Diamond juices to make her. That's why she's so colorful.

She has a forehead Gem for a desired personality, the other Diamonds wanted a Pearl who'd follow her caste as a servant and not be Pink Diamond's friend and enabler.

Obviously this effort failed. No matter what they do it seems like the Diamonds fail to account for things like free will, ingenuity and creativity in their subjects every time.

CG Pearl is actually the youngest out of the four Diamond Pearls we see, Pearls are made to order, and after Pink Pearl was taken away as punishment (like she was tv privileges), whoever made CG Pearl for Pink Diamond used all four Diamond juices to make her. That's why she's so colorful.

She has a forehead Gem for a desired personality, the other Diamonds wanted a Pearl who'd follow her caste as a servant and not be Pink Diamond's friend and enabler.

Obviously this effort failed. No matter what they do it seems like the Diamonds fail to account for things like free will, ingenuity and creativity in their subjects every time.
I really need to finish up thar show at some point

I just realized:
- High-tech incredibly-fast computing
- Crystaline Bodies
- Multidimensional supertough materials
- Destructive and material-heavy reproductive cycle
Are the Gems (as a species) an alternate-timeline evolution of the Entities?

I just realized:
- High-tech incredibly-fast computing
- Crystaline Bodies
- Multidimensional supertough materials
- Destructive and material-heavy reproductive cycle
Are the Gems (as a species) an alternate-timeline evolution of the Entities?

Huh. They are very similar to each other. Some differences though:

Gems: Universal; Entities: Multiversal

Gems: Entirely inorganic; Entities: combination of inorganic & organic

Gems: seemingly does not need to eat despite burning energy; Entities: have a need to consume some form of energy whether it's solar, radiation or predation of organics

Gems: did not evolve (I.e A.I machines); Entities: evolved naturally considering their environment

Gem Homeworld: Earth-like planet with Earth-like physics; Entity Homeworld: grey sludge planet where physics goes to die

Huh.
An interesting storyline would have been introducing the creators of the Gems.

Assuming that Homeworld is actually the Gems' original Homeworld than they either went extinct or left for the stars. Possibly seeding Earth since there's so many similarities between humans and Gems.

Edit: Honestly though? A society that's even older than the Gems and isn't immortal? They're probably all dead. Any survivors might not even have historical knowledge, if we're going with the seeded Earth theory.

Another possibility is a singularity event with White being the sole survivor, possibly the reason for her obsession with 'perfection' if she remembers how being organic led to everyone dying or something.

Last edited:
Assuming that Homeworld is actually the Gems' original Homeworld than they either went extinct or left for the stars. Possibly seeding Earth since there's so many similarities between humans and Gems.

Edit: Honestly though? A society that's even older than the Gems and isn't immortal? They're probably all dead. Any survivors might not even have historical knowledge, if we're going with the seeded Earth theory.

Another possibility is a singularity event with White being the sole survivor, possibly the reason for her obsession with 'perfection' if she remembers how being organic led to everyone dying or something.
It looks like White wasn't done cooking before the makers died out, but White always knew she was supposed to make things better. My guess is the gems were supposed to solve a labor shortage and thus prevent a population impulsion of the makers species

So with Future coming out and actually being okay, as well as giving us some even More juicy updates on Pink Diamond, I think it may be time to revive this fic.

The thing is, picking right up from where I left would feel a little bit like a grind to me. I want to skip ahead just a little; probably towards the point in the timeline where OG Worm starts. Any objections?

So with Future coming out and actually being okay, as well as giving us some even More juicy updates on Pink Diamond, I think it may be time to revive this fic.

The thing is, picking right up from where I left would feel a little bit like a grind to me. I want to skip ahead just a little; probably towards the point in the timeline where OG Worm starts. Any objections?
No objection here

No objections here...a couple of months for the rest of the gems to show up and get settled, the Temple built and maybe some warp pads dropped off around the place, and the smarter gangs to get a handle on this new group's abilities and decide to start poking.

It'd be nice to see the arrivals, but that can be done just as easily in flashbacks or through internal narrative. I'm glad that you've got some of your mojo back, and I look forward to seeing where you go with the story! ^_^

Back