Why Can't My Worshippers Understand What I'm Saying?: A Well Intentioned God Quest

If the slaving stays for another age or two I'm partial to make a push for ALL their people to feel passion for the freedom of all and or common bonds.

Ooooh, later on we could even start colonies and revolutions with that.

Oh yeah sure, my bad. I'll leave the vote open for a little while longer, though since I've got business for most of the day this means that it's going to have to be open for another 12 hours or so since I won't get to update before then if I don't do it now.

Vote is still open.

Thank you. I'm honestly impressed with the speed you are coming up with quality writing, but every time I check this thread I seem to have missed one or even two votes.

I feel like we should do something for the Spear clan, in the interest of fairness. These little guys are like the proto-roman empire, they need things to fight to keep socially stable, though we can't actually give them anything to fight at the moment, so table that thought.

Who's up to running weird science experiments in their biology? The Spears are the most numerous, and they have a separated detachment, so we can experiment. I'm inclined to either give them graphite (to see what happems to their magnets), thermite and magnesium (for explosions), or mineral oil (as an alternative to water as a coolant).

Edit: wait. Could the Knights use their armor as artificial shells while they attempt to moult? Can we encourage that somehow? Even if they hate our guts, I want our little guys to get bigger.

Mostly, I don't want to waste the Miracle Points, they ARE non-renewable, after all.

Last edited:
Here's the QM's official rules for Miracle points.

After perusing the Age, you have 5 Miracle points that can be spent as per the rules of Interventions in the last post. You can choose to Intervene immediately AFTER any Noteworthy Thing on the list, changing the history of the Age as you do so. This will present you with a new and altered Age and, if that is still not to your satisfaction, you can continue to spend Miracle Points. You only have 5 Miracle Points to spend on Interventions in any given Age and just because your first Intervention may change the Age into something completely different doesn't mean you get a new 5. It's still the same Age.
Once you are satisfied with the state of an Age or have run out of Miracle Points and thus must now accept the consequences as lasting fact, you will receive 5 new Miracle Points and a new Age will begin. Lingering Miracle Points from previous Ages do not carry over.

We cannot save them up and they will automatically renew.

That's correct. The only downside to spending all 5 Miracle Points every Age is the possibility of some Interventions being mistakes or having unintended effects.

[X]Intervene further!
-[X] [Fire] [Infusion] A great fire of freedom burns in the hearts and souls of the Spear Clan rebels
-[X] [Earth] [Infusion] The will and the backbones of the Spear Clan rebels grow as hard as steel
-[X] The Spear Clan, already unbalanced and poised to fall, causes the first real war between Lek-kego. A civil war. It's nothing special or unique really, just a rising force consisting of the outer fringes, the disenfranchised, the unsheltered and some of the slaves. The war is brief but bloody and the Spear Clan retains control, the rebels unable to contest their domes while having no safe ground of their own. The empty shells of rebel leaders joins the bird skull in the middle of the great fort. But even so, this prompts a reordering of the Spear Clan as they take massive amounts of slaves from the defeated splinters, propping up their failing slave economy with enough slaves from their own people that they now actually have a breeding population of slaves, slaves from birth. A proper underclass now forms and with the resulting stigma, some select members of the 'higher caste' Clanners start taking reproductive forms of their own will. Using only the slaves as breeders now feels distasteful now that they are dogmatically lesser. This dilutes the martial culture somewhat.

[X]Intervene further!
-[X] [Fire] [Infusion] A great fire of freedom burns in the hearts and souls of the Spear Clan rebels
-[X] [Earth] [Infusion] The will and the backbones of the Spear Clan rebels grow as hard as steel
-[X] The Spear Clan, already unbalanced and poised to fall, causes the first real war between Lek-kego. A civil war. It's nothing special or unique really, just a rising force consisting of the outer fringes, the disenfranchised, the unsheltered and some of the slaves. The war is brief but bloody and the Spear Clan retains control, the rebels unable to contest their domes while having no safe ground of their own. The empty shells of rebel leaders joins the bird skull in the middle of the great fort. But even so, this prompts a reordering of the Spear Clan as they take massive amounts of slaves from the defeated splinters, propping up their failing slave economy with enough slaves from their own people that they now actually have a breeding population of slaves, slaves from birth. A proper underclass now forms and with the resulting stigma, some select members of the 'higher caste' Clanners start taking reproductive forms of their own will. Using only the slaves as breeders now feels distasteful now that they are dogmatically lesser. This dilutes the martial culture somewhat.

Hmm, I also am not really fond of the whole slavery thing the spear clan has going on, and I don't see it resolving itself, but I have to wonder if inciting a complete rebellion won't cause more problems than it solves. The slaves need to be able to leave, not just overturn society in a way that likely will just end up reversing the roles. If we could incite a way for them to split... hmm, perhaps this can just wait until the next age. In the meantime, I DO think we should set up some interesting things in other parts of the world to eventually be stumbled across.

[X]Intervene further!
-[X] [Spirit][Pact] Instruct the spirit/s of the Central Face to protect and guard the relics of the (supposedly) bygone era from any that would try to take them.
-[X] The Spear Clan, somewhat winding down from their boom, receive reports from their scouts who have taken advantage of the now tame beach to travel to the furthest expanse of the sands and back. They bring wild tales of a place where the black sand ends and in its place is an endless plain of steel. They have found the filament itself. This inspires a few revelations in the Spear Clan. Firstly, it is now apparent to them that this world is a made thing. Something put this there. The steel is worked. Were there Lek-kego before them? Was it the Bird Gods, despite them having nothing to do with steel before? Secondly, news of this faraway bounty only increases its economic rise and large expeditions are sent forth as a form of immigration and as a societal pressure valve, the Clan eager to send as many members of its ever-swelling populace far away to this metal wonderland that is, for now, too distant for the main bulk of the Clan to mine regularly. They will not be Clan but they will be of the Clan and they will surely stay loyal. Another golden age is declared but someone in the Spear Clan does this every generation no matter what happens and so it is ignored.

Boss fight continent! Shouldn't affect anything in the current age, but since the Central Face is inevitably going to have the most goodies and some faction of the Lek-kego will almost certainly eventually end up there, I say we set something like this up now while we have spare miracle points.

This one is better than my plan so,

[X]Intervene further!
-[X] [Spirit][Pact] Instruct the spirit/s of the Central Face to protect and guard the relics of the (supposedly) bygone era from any that would try to take them.
-[X] The Spear Clan, somewhat winding down from their boom, receive reports from their scouts who have taken advantage of the now tame beach to travel to the furthest expanse of the sands and back. They bring wild tales of a place where the black sand ends and in its place is an endless plain of steel. They have found the filament itself. This inspires a few revelations in the Spear Clan. Firstly, it is now apparent to them that this world is a made thing. Something put this there. The steel is worked. Were there Lek-kego before them? Was it the Bird Gods, despite them having nothing to do with steel before? Secondly, news of this faraway bounty only increases its economic rise and large expeditions are sent forth as a form of immigration and as a societal pressure valve, the Clan eager to send as many members of its ever-swelling populace far away to this metal wonderland that is, for now, too distant for the main bulk of the Clan to mine regularly. They will not be Clan but they will be of the Clan and they will surely stay loyal. Another golden age is declared but someone in the Spear Clan does this every generation no matter what happens and so it is ignored.

I thought that whenever we change ages we get more and don't keep are old ones. That would make them renewable.
So, maybe I flopped the definition of renewable here.:oops: Yes, they're renewable, but the ones we don't spend are lost forever, and that sounds like a waste. Incidentally, forget science, I think I have an actually good idea.

[X]Intervene further!
-[X] [Spirit][Pact] Task the Spirit of the Spur Clan to guide and guard them.
-[X] [Spirit][Pact] Task the Spirit of the Spear Clan to guide and guard them.
-[X] [Spirit][Pact] Task the Spirit of the Remnant Clans to guide and guard them.

There, a neat and tidy use of 3 points, in a fair and helpful manner that gives us a mouthpiece if need be. And if the Remnant Clar murders theirs, well, it's their loss.

@Dreaming , is this acceptable? If everything has a spirit, I figured our people have one, too.

[X]Intervene further!

I am explicitly voting AGAINST the Earth Infusion. That'd just leave us with a divinely-empowered caste system. I want the society to Balkanize, not turn monolithic in another way. Not sure how to do that given the format, however.

[X]Intervene further! Specify the Intervention and the time period.
[X][Spirit][CREATION][Precise]-Create mid sized spirits to have in reserve for the future.
[X]-The Spear Clan, somewhat winding down from their boom, receive reports from their scouts who have taken advantage of the now tame beach to travel to the furthest expanse of the sands and back. They bring wild tales of a place where the black sand ends and in its place is an endless plain of steel. They have found the filament itself. This inspires a few revelations in the Spear Clan. Firstly, it is now apparent to them that this world is a made thing. Something put this there. The steel is worked. Were there Lek-kego before them? Was it the Bird Gods, despite them having nothing to do with steel before? Secondly, news of this faraway bounty only increases its economic rise and large expeditions are sent forth as a form of immigration and as a societal pressure valve, the Clan eager to send as many members of its ever-swelling populace far away to this metal wonderland that is, for now, too distant for the main bulk of the Clan to mine regularly. They will not be Clan but they will be of the Clan and they will surely stay loyal. Another golden age is declared but someone in the Spear Clan does this every generation no matter what happens and so it is ignored.

I don't like the Spear Clan's slaving and permanent underclass. I say we do something about that.

[X]Intervene further!
Maybe we can use that monster idea to block them off from the steel and easy expansion?

[X][Spirit][CREATION][Precise]-Create mid sized spirits to have in reserve for the future.
[X]-The Spear Clan, somewhat winding down from their boom, receive reports from their scouts who have taken advantage of the now tame beach to travel to the furthest expanse of the sands and back. They bring wild tales of a place where the black sand ends and in its place is an endless plain of steel. They have found the filament itself. This inspires a few revelations in the Spear Clan. Firstly, it is now apparent to them that this world is a made thing. Something put this there. The steel is worked. Were there Lek-kego before them? Was it the Bird Gods, despite them having nothing to do with steel before? Secondly, news of this faraway bounty only increases its economic rise and large expeditions are sent forth as a form of immigration and as a societal pressure valve, the Clan eager to send as many members of its ever-swelling populace far away to this metal wonderland that is, for now, too distant for the main bulk of the Clan to mine regularly. They will not be Clan but they will be of the Clan and they will surely stay loyal. Another golden age is declared but someone in the Spear Clan does this every generation no matter what happens and so it is ignored.

I don't like the Spear Clan's slaving and permanent underclass. I say we do something about that.
Why do you think we should do something about it? Its not going to be permanent, not by a longshot. Besides, at the end of the Age, when the Spear clan sent out the expeditions, it's pretty much a given that those guys are going to become a new clan. Why not try to encourage them to do something when they split off next age?

Also, vote

[X]No further Interventions are required.

Last edited:
[X]Intervene further!

Am I doing this right?

[X][Fire][Phenomenon] The endless plain of steel is ruptured in places, and fire bubbles up from faux-veins of it deep within the shell of the Shard. Where it butts against the black sand, crude glass is formed. In areas of weaker gravity, the fires become spherical - lacking convection - and tend to bluer hues. This strange phenomenon often burns out, only to be replaced by new orbs. Despite their fearsome appearance, the spirits of these will o' the wisps are no stronger than anywhere else (yet?)

Last edited:
Back