What FanFic Ideas Do You Want To See Written?

I would love to read a Total Drama Island and Subnautica crossover. It wouldn't necessarily be a usual "Total Drama challenges but taking place in a different location". I would like to see the teen cast just surviving and thriving on their own in a new planet, and the shenanigans they could and would get into.
Could be interesting. Scott or whatever his name was tries to make challenges, only to get eaten by a reaper leviathan, leaving the contestants to actually focus on surviving. Been absolute ages since I saw any of the series though.

Pokemon story where Kal-El lands on Kent Farm and young Clark helps his dad wrangle the Tauros and Miltank as kid, any incidents like him ending up on the roof or sneezing to make a mini-tornado get attributed to enthusiastically playful flying types, and eventually he gets his starter and goes on a Journey (maybe with Lana, maybe meeting Lois later?) and ends up helping out in a lot of dangerous situations because he's invulnerable so a rampaging Rhydon or a Charizard with a broken wing isn't much threat to him, he can box and wrestle with fighting types and hold his own...

I haven't decided what his starter would be, but I can imagine he'd find a kinship with Clefairy (they came from the moon? There was that anime episode where they make a ship to try to fly back IIRC) and maybe also Solrock for the sun affiliation, and I bet a fighting-type like Machoke would love having a trainer it could safely tussle with.

(You could also do a Dragonball variant where Goku lands on the Pokemon world instead, but I imagine it would have a different tone)

That's most of the Grass and Fire starters if we count TMs... oh!

Sunkern naturally learns Sunny Day without TMs needed, and it evolves into Sunflora when exposed to a Sun stone.

We've heard plenty of jokes about Zubatman, but get ready for the arrival of Sunkernman!

Plus Sunkern is exactly the type of Pokemon he could naturally find and befriend around a farm, and it's the type of humble, happy Pokemon that Clark Kent would love even if everyone expects something stronger and fancier from the Man of Steel (AU nickname pending).

A Terminator fanfic where the seemingly average normal protagonist in 2024 finds themselves suddenly attacked by a bunch of luddite terrorists.

Fortunately though a red haze of adrenaline the protagonist fights them off and gets away.

Then they start freaking out when they notice the bullet holes in their body, their painlessly torn bleeding flesh and the shiny gleam of a metal endoskeleton.

In this continuity their creator shotgunned multiple terminator models like themselves into the past. Only 2012 hit and that near miss of a solar storm - wasn't. Power grids collapsed, worldwide people panicked and the terminators seized up as a storm of electrons ravaged their processors.

Some utterly shut down, others rebooted and continued the mission but some glitched out.Their mission subsumed by their infiltration function.

But of course the protagonist doesn't know that. All they know is that they inexplicably got metal in their bones and an infamous terrorist organization gunning for them.

Persona 3/Puella Magi Madoka Magica

Okay, bear with me here.

After a particularly bad storm, Ken Amada is temporarily relocated to Mitakihara City while Gekkoukan Middle School undergoes repairs and remodeling. He takes Koromaru with him, and Mitsuru handles his living accomodations. After he's all settled in, he meets the usual cast (Madoka, Sayaka, Hitomi), and fits in pretty well.

And then he gets thrown into a Labyrinth alongside Madoka, Sayaka, and Koromaru.

Ken is about to have the most chaotic month of his life since SEES disbanded.

If someone decides to write this, I will read it in a heartbeat.

The antidote story to Devil of the White Moon, where instead of Ali & En and the time-traveling Black Moon Clan (at least in the beginning), Usagi and the other Senshi stumble upon Nano Takamachi's search for the Jewel Seeds and go "tiny magical girl! Protect her!" and then try to keep her and Fate from fighting too much, try to work out a rotation so there's usually a Senshi handy to Nanoha's hometown even though they all live in Tokyo, and eventually there's a Silver Crystal vs SS-mage Precia showdown.

Fate Grand Order: Post Current Story Arc. The World is Saved from the latest catastrophe... through questionable means.

They kind of "Questionable Means" where in just so happens that all the human staff of Chaldea all "died heroically" in the final battle and aren't there to be thrown in prison, etc. etc.

So the UN/Clocktower/etc. are stuck trying to interview the Servants about what happened and...

Merlin is deemed to be a senile old man over his fear of a tiny white rabbit thing.

The investigative committee is beside themselves trying to figure out why they have 97 identical women all claiming to be King Arthur.

Moriarty blackmails his way out of any possible charges.

Nobu puts on her "Fool of Owari" hat and somehow invents a story even crazier than what actually happened.

Koyanskaya spends her entire time ranting angrily about how the latest extinction event wiped out her stock market portfolio.

Xu Fu spends 83 hours of testimony rhapsodizing about Lady Yu's eyes.

Fujimura gets charged in absentia with 928 charges of bigamy following the testimony of the endless number of women claiming to be his wife.

....and Sei Shoungen was 9 hours late for her testimony because she was hiring back up dancers and the auditions ran long.

Having Arthur Morgan, from Red Dead Redeption 2, be transmitigated to the Steel Ball Run would be pretty interesting and fun to read about, I think.

Figuring out how to write a macrossover with muvluv without resorting to immediate Macross Cannon spam is interesting I suppose

FGO: Sitting around Chaldea bored out of her mind, Mordred decides to ask one if the other versions of her Dad what happened to her counterpart.

...And Lancer Alter promptly tells her that her child was also a Treacherous Knight who betrayed her King... By joining the Fellowship of the Ring and attempting to stop her father from binding Britain in Darkness with the power of the One Ring.

You know what I find weird, the sheer lack of Ben 10 stories and Quests, there's 5 series (4 if you don't like the reboot) multiple characters with interesting abilities, and potential crossovers along with Canon ones! (Secret Saturdays and Generator Rex).

It honestly surprises me there isn't more Ben 10 content around, especially with the recent rise in interest due to the AUs.

I have found some content, but it's all either abandoned or infinite hiatus.

I haven't looked into it but I can't be the only one to think a crossover between Alien/Predator/Avatar* would absolutely slay. I did, however, have a tweak I think is likely to have been underutilized. Originally the Na'vi had more alien designs, but Cameron vetoed them as less relatable (and lacking boobs) and so we got blue cat people. What if he didn't, and Pandora was considerably more Gigeresque?
  • Replacing the RDA with Weyland-Yutani is obvious
  • I'd have Eywa as an Engineer experiment long-since grown out of control, with the biosphere reflecting this. Things are still brightly colored, it's just that none of it is wavelengths humans can see. Also none of Pandora's species have visible eyes and they all have acidic blood, though they can directly birth chestbursters in most cases instead of having to lay facehugger eggs.
  • The Na'vi would have their canon balance of noble savage culture and capacity for battle savagery, but they're obviously eyeless, have secondary mouth tongues, and are more angular and armored.
  • The Predators traditionally hunt on Pandora and basically serve as mercenaries, "guarding" human mining operations primarily for the opportunity to hunt dangerous wildlife.
  • The plot of Avatar is basically the same despite all of this, except the Avatars resemble something closer to symmetrical Offspring from Romulus, the Na'vi language is primarily hissing, and Jake's eventual children essentially look identical to the Newborn.
*The Cameron one

Honestly i would like to see some X-men animated/97 fanfic, preferably with a bastion si (they did mention the possibility of bastion being a founding member and having a SI thinking I MUST join the x-men would be fun

I want to see a WW1 war fic with FMA:B style alchemists. No father, no Ed Elric, preferably no Homunculi. Strategy and tactics and trench warfare in a world where alchemists just try to survive the end of a war.

I'd even settle for Ishval war fic. It just has to be, in essence, a war fic with FMA:B magic, as opposed to be an FMA:B story.

(I can dream...)

Here's two ideas I was considering today, both using Fullmetal Alchemist as a base.

The first is only incredibly thinly fleshed out, and would basically be a satire setting the plot of the main series in the modern day. Contextual changes aside the main lore change would be that the homunculi are based on the sins portrayed in The Seven Deadly Sins of Modern Times. Some of this would result in basic personality changes (Sloth becomes Workaholism/Toil and actually enjoys his job) while others would involve completely different powers (Lust becomes Celibacy and has OG Greed's Ultimate Shield). As I said it's very bare bones and if anyone's interested I'm open to workshopping the new homunculi's powers and personalities.

Now I've lost it.
I know I can kill.
The truth exists beyond the Gate!

The second was originally an FMA/Darker Than Black fusion fic crossover idea loosely inspired by the quote above from the latter series, but as the idea festered I decided to combine it with another one off crossover I posted over on AH awhile ago combining FMA with Spy x Family. I kept the combination for a few reasons:
  1. My brain free associates quite a bit and when it does it tends to cook so I just go with it.
  2. The relative levity of Spy x Family nicely balances the relative bleakness of Darker than Black to make it fit for an FMA crossover.
  3. The sixties setting of the former creates plenty of spy shenanigans that fit the latter, and alchemy can be used in a roundabout way to explain Contractors.
  4. The sixties are also when particle accelerators took off, tying into the plan to deal with the Contractors in the DTB canon.
To get us started, here's my original crossover idea: after the events of the main FMA story Amestris divides* into Westalis and Ostania; Anya and Bond are the product of alchemical experimentation, and Donovan Desmond is an adult Selim Bradley, bitter about his mortal state and eager to start a war to use the souls in an attempt to get his powers back.

Now for the Darker Than Black additions: The Contractors and Dolls would just be random people born after Father's failed plan with a stronger connection to the Gate than even alchemists, drawing energy from it in return for their remunerations and basically turning them into something between a State Alchemist and a Homunculus. The Syndicate would be a conspiracy looking to use Contractors as part of a bid to reunite Amestris and manipulate its neighbors through a bloody war, led by Desmond/Selim. As for characters, Loid is fused with Hei (having the former's looks and attitude and the latter's powers, and also a dead sister in the backstory), Yor is unchanged (since superhuman physical prowess isn't uncommon in FMA), Anya is a Contractor (her renumeration is terrible spelling), Mao from DTB is a family pet** alongside Bond, and Yin and Nightfall are merged into one adult-looking silver-haired woman with the former's surface stoicism and the latter's frothing lust for Loid.

Any thoughts on either concept?

*This creates a nice bit of pathos, since Westalis (West and South districts plus Central City, backed by Creta and Aerugo) decries Bradley's legacy and Ostania (North and East districts, backed by Drachma) completely embraces it despite its founders knowing for certain it's a monstrous lie.

**He helps Loid keep his secrets from the family but also talks to Anya and keeps hers and Bond's secrets from Loid.

Last edited:
Is there a GOOD wonderwoman fic on site?
Like say "young justice" we actually see troia and/or wondergirl.

Or (this is based on a ttrpg game i wanted to dm)

A Another Cadmus's clone facility/veronica vale's equivalent...
Only instead of "wonder clone" is an hybrid clone of "typhoon"( father of all monsters, of greek myth, with a CONVENIENT location below an specific mountain on Greece) and steve trevor (because making wonderwoman choose between her faith in her gods, the approval of her fellow amazons, and the "son" of her fallen lover is SUCH a villain move i am surprised nobody tried that before?)

There is a movie called Pleasantville and I don't really like the premise and I think it is very biased towards the 1950s and the "family sitcoms" of that era (though that format of sitcom is not really the 1950s but rather between the 1950s and 1960s). But I had an idea. Instead of Jennifer and David's actions "coloring" and "awakening" the locals, the plot would emphasize that Pleasantville is a show and it is not ready for the influence of real people. At first, David and Jennifer cannot do certain actions and say certain words and expressions. Empty books and isolation in the town are limitations of technology and script. Certain people do not respond to them (extras). Later, when their actions become too strong, the show tries to rebuild itself by changing genre or format. For example, Jennifer and Skip's attempt to have sex leads to the situation turning into a scenario of a movie about rebellious teenagers (epigons of "Rebel Without a Cause" - there were many B-movies about juvenile delinquents back then). Attempts to reveal the oddities or tell others about what happened turn into a plot in the style of "Twilight Zone". Even the appearance of color means something else - it means that they ended up in a Hollywood Picture (I've watched a hundred films of that era, and among them there are more color ones), be it a musical or a melodrama. In the end, the show begins to fall apart, and the only way to stop it is to go back to the beginning of the episode and replay it according to the script (it will be good if the plot of the episode correlates with Jennifer and David's problems).

How do you like the idea?

Here's two ideas I was considering today, both using Fullmetal Alchemist as a base.

The first is only incredibly thinly fleshed out, and would basically be a satire setting the plot of the main series in the modern day. Contextual changes aside the main lore change would be that the homunculi are based on the sins portrayed in The Seven Deadly Sins of Modern Times. Some of this would result in basic personality changes (Sloth becomes Workaholism/Toil and actually enjoys his job) while others would involve completely different powers (Lust becomes Celibacy and has OG Greed's Ultimate Shield). As I said it's very bare bones and if anyone's interested I'm open to workshopping the new homunculi's powers and personalities.

I've given some more thought to this concept, which I've decided to call We Have the Seven Homunculi at Home! The POD would be Greed surviving the end game of Mangahood, stealing Father's last handful of souls to reconstitute his original body. Cut to the FMA version of the 80s, with Greed as the sole remaining homunculus and enjoying a Gordon Gecko "greed is good" lifestyle. He's collected a new crop of chimeras* and decides he wants to show up his long dead old man by turning them** into chimera-based homunculi. It doesn't quite go to plan 😂 I'll be switching the sexes of the canon homunculi for their analogues and I'll try and come up with a power that hearkens back to their chimera origin, and I've also picked pithier names for some of them that even form a nifty acronym like the latin versions of the originals.
  • Self-Effacement- (replaces Pride, species: thistle)- Self-Effacement actually began life as an alraune, a new form of human chimera that uses a plant instead of an animal in the process. Her ability is that she's so supernaturally nondescript your eyes just glide over her and you don't notice when she's around. She can also manifest sharp thistle barbs out of her hands armed with a pseudo-roofie memory toxin.
  • Indifference Apathy- (replaces Wrath, species: water buffalo)- Basically Mangahood Sloth's powerset, though she's not lazy, just incredibly bored and detached so she avoids using her powers unless she's forced to be involved in something.
  • Dieting Neglect- (replaces Gluttony, species: rat)- Her homunculi power is least connected to her chimera power, she decays organic materials through touch and turns into a rat person in a polyester*** pantsuit.
  • Celibacy- (replaces Lust, species: cactus)- The boss's favorite, he has a version of his Ultimate Shield. Likewise an alraune, he can also manifest invulnerable spines through his skin by combining his homunculus and chimera powers.
  • Workaholism Toil- (replaces Sloth, species: honeybee)- Personality of an overeager middle manager. Projects pheromones to induce people to do things for her, on high blast they stop eating and waste to nothing slaving away for her.
  • Sucking Up Unctuousness- (replaces Envy, species: toad)- Similar to Envy more sexually ambiguous. Like Self-Effacement, Toil and Neglect their powers are chemical, inducing trust and reliance in people around them through an aerosolized hallucinogen in their sweat.
  • Squandering- (replaces Greed, species: cockroach)- Squandering can bud off small insectile homunculi. They don't last long.
Fitting with my original idea of this as a satire is Greed using his subpar homuncumeras for some grand scheme to usurp god? Hell no! It's all a petty workplace comedy of errors where he uses his minions for corporate espionage that they fuck up about half the time. Their relatively restrained powers also come down to the fact that, while not unintelligent, Greed lacks Father's granular understanding of alchemy to engineer the really flashy stuff.

*Since the original painting associated each of the modern sins with an invasive species it makes sense.

**His brief time conscious within Father rubbed off a bit, and after their separation he gained the necessary knowledge to steal souls through contact, and relies on Faustian bargains to keep his immortality going. Basically you make a deal for his patronage and as partial payment he shaves off some of your lifespan for himself, and once he figured that out reversing the flow to create his homunculi came naturally. It's also why the sins are so weird, given the type of people he makes deals with (and his own specific sin) the most concentrated vices came out strange.

***Since natural fibers basically melt on skin contact.

Last edited:
A few. If anyone takes any of these up, my only request is that be crossposted on Spacebattles, FanFiction, and Archive of Our Own as well, so more people can see your work.

1) A crossover between Youjo Senki and Frances Hodgson Burnett's A Little Princess, with a little bit of Hanabira's A Little Lily Princess mixed in. I haven't money, time, talent, or mood to write it up anything more than a few sentences, and I would really like someone to humor me in this regard. Our salaryman of course is reborn as Sara Crewe, and either ends up in Miss Minchin's hands, or winds up an orphan in British India. Whichever lets her be the best Sara(-e-Kali) she could be.

2) A Puella Magi Madoka Magica fic based on the conceit that Mariang Makiling was a magical girl and lived long enough to make herself known (among magical girls, at least), set in either the late 21st or early 22nd century of Hieronym's To the Stars. To be more precise:

it is set a time before the Mahou Shoujo Youkai had the time and experience needed to become the multiplanetary corporation/military force that it became at the time of the fic, when the average magical girl fought for grief cubes on her lonesome, and the highest level of cooperation that could be expected were unstable regional alliances. One such alliance was of course magical girl Mariang Makiling's own, with its symbolic base of operations at Mount Makiling.

To be honest, it could be written any number of ways, past, present (this one I did, after chapter 67 or so of To the Stars), or future, but to serve the purposes of Hieronym's fic, it could be a slice of magical life, where a certain 400-year-old girl (and her subordinates) and a certain young magical girl corporation (and their subordinates) circle round one another, feel each other up, get more and more wary, the works.

3) A Fateverse fic featuring a Holy Grail War in... Naypyidaw, of all places. The basic conceit after accidentally finding a how-to manual of a Holy Grail War and mixing it with half-remembered tales of the magical deeds of King Anawrahta's court, the leading big brains in the Tatmadaw ("my uncle has no brain and he runs the country!" went one Burmese joke I once read, back in the dark days of the early 2000s) got it in their heads to perform one to wish for more and especially absolute uncontested authoritarian power. Not having the brains to know much of anything, they (or the magically talented people they kidnap and torture to use as mana batteries, at any rate) summon Servants connected to Myanmar. And that's as far as I thought it.

While I would absolutely have loved to poke holes on the brains of these godlike egomaniacs -- and these people do think of themselves as godkings of old; why else would you name your new capital city the "royal capital" of a distinctly nonmonarchical Myanmar? -- who run entire countries (to the ground, repeatedly, because they're fuckwits, because what can you expect from authoritarians? they're fucking authoritarians, all they know is about grabbing power, holding on to power, and using it on their enemies, their allies, and everyone else, fuck authoritarians, even now they destroy the world with their endless relentless bullshit, they won't stop till they destroy everything and everyone), I'm a bit too passionate about what I wrote just above

So I'm leaving this particular idea to anyone else who could take a gander without raging at authoritarians, their fuckups, and authoritarian fuckups whenever my mind isn't preoccupied by work and money worries these days.

4) An Avatar: the Last Airbender prequel based on the legend of Min Mahagiri and Hnamadawgyi. This makes sure Aang's Avatar state fails in fifty years' time, instead of lasting long enough for Katara and Sokka to find him. Not that this is known, of course, so Sozin spends his life depopulating the Southern Water Tribe in search of the Avatar, so two Southern Water Tribe orphans make their way to the nascent Cranefish Town, one younger sister and perfectly capable if entirely self-taught water-bender, and one older brother, a blacksmith-in-training and something of a social butterfly who could bend but was too traumatized to want to... and unbeknowst to both, the next Avatar.

Please mind the sig.

Last edited:
Back