What are your opinions on the God Emperor of mankind

Honestly even GW itself has backed away from the Emperor being in the right in-setting(if they ever really believed or supported that in the first place, which is arguable). When returned Guilliman met with the emperor, he came to the conclusion that yes, the Emperor really is an amoral asshole who uses humanity as his pawns, and that the emperor never loved his "children" the primarchs, he just saw them as tools. That if anything, is what I take as final proof the Emperor is awful.

My assumption is that by "fusion of all the shamans thing" they actually meant Eliezer Yudowsky, his rationalist! cultists, and all "SB competence" types. With results about what you'd expect. He's cargo cult rationalism.

Last edited:
Considering that even Guilluman post-nap is like, "man dad was a giant fucking dick" I'm pretty sure Empy is a pretty terrible person.

The most horrific example of an Eldar fanboy in known existence.

.... I wish I was joking here, but in my mind, his attempts at building humanities webway and cutting it off from emotions are his best attempts at imitating the Eldar without realizing that it's impossible because his superhumanly powerful mind (very questionably superhumanly powerful mind) processed things more like how an Eldar would do than in the ways a human would.

Well, there is a theory that Emps' is different to different people. That is, he is perceived differently because of his ludicrous psychic power affecting the minds of those near him. Being on the Golden Throne and worshipped as a god probably doesn't help there.

In addition, a major cause for the Great Crusade was the Orks no longer being contained by the Eldar, and even with his patchjob unification, the GC barely made it to Ullanor in time. I might be misremembering it, but I'm pretty sure that it's the closest the nascent Imperium came to defeat. They'd been challenged before, but the fights had never been on the knife's edge like that.

It would be interesting to see a 40k setting where the Emperor never existed. On one hand humanity would most likely be a lot more fractured and factional on the other they would not have had to suffer through the age of apostasy and without the Horus Heresy Chaos would not have nearly the strength they do in canon. Humanity would not have the Astronomicon to guide them but... without the dogmatic Admech and their ban on progress they might have found another way. I mean Dark/Golden age humans did so its not impossible. I am imagining something closer to battle tech or Dune with many different competing feudal houses and corporations vie for power. Its worth thinking about I guess.

It would be interesting to see a 40k setting where the Emperor never existed. On one hand humanity would most likely be a lot more fractured and factional on the other they would not have had to suffer through the age of apostasy and without the Horus Heresy Chaos would not have nearly the strength they do in canon. Humanity would not have the Astronomicon to guide them but... without the dogmatic Admech and their ban on progress they might have found another way. I mean Dark/Golden age humans did so its not impossible. I am imagining something closer to battle tech or Dune with many different competing feudal houses and corporations vie for power. Its worth thinking about I guess.
that would have been interesting and open the door to create more factions along with more stories

It's important to remember that the Emperor's birth robbed the psychic potential from over a thousand generations of Humanity, so without the Emperor Humans would have had Psykers"Shamans" from the very beginning.
So there would be no "suddenly Psykers show up everywhere and Humanity's completely unprepared culture practically implodes in on itself because of this".

Last edited:
It's important to remember that the Emperor's birth robbed the psychic potential from over a thousand generations of Humanity, so without the Emperor Humans would have had Psykers"Shamans" from the very beginning.
So there would be no "suddenly Psykers show up everywhere and Humanity's completely unprepared culture practically implodes in on itself because of this".
but weren't the shamans being nommed on by demons and the shamans did the emperor ritual to not leave humanity without some sort of guardian and because they got some weird vision from the future.

edit: just saw the grammar errors.

Last edited:
The Enslavers and Daemons were killing the shamans, so they created the Emperor to leave a guardian too strong for the Daemons to soul-steal in their place.

The Enslavers and Daemons were killing the shamans, so they created the Emperor to leave a guardian too strong for the Daemons to soul-steal in their place.
Then we fight them off, or learn to adapt. I am sure some societies will persecute the psykers under them while others will use them to fight back the deamons and see them as heroes. Remember this is is before the fall of the eldar and heresy so psykers are much less of a liability then later. (side note I am fairly sure the treatment of psykers in 40k was originally ironic. As in, the inquisition hunts them because they are so dangerous... but they are so dangerous only because they are constantly hiding from the inquisition until they are caught or turn to chaos. It was a self reinforcing cycle... until the fascist apologia seeped into the setting and persecuting people became totally justified I swear) In any case I think it could be a good spring board for a AU, because I refuse to believe the only options are "get eaten by deamons" or "submit to daddy space hitler".

Random 40k question: Why does Vulkan talk all Orky in Text to Speech Device?

Random 40k question: Why does Vulkan talk all Orky in Text to Speech Device?

When he killed the Beast, they were thrown into a nearby reactor, and Vulkan was infused with Waagh! energy, though whether this was due to the nature of the reactor, Vulkan attempting to avoid getting splattered, or some of both, is unclear.

Anyway, Vulkan died, and the integration of Orkish psychic energy likely contributed to his long regeneration period, as his status as a Primordial Primarch means that he'll come back to life shortly if killed, though most Primordials seem to take longer, and soul-damaging attacks put Primordials down for longer.

When he killed the Beast, they were thrown into a nearby reactor, and Vulkan was infused with Waagh! energy, though whether this was due to the nature of the reactor, Vulkan attempting to avoid getting splattered, or some of both, is unclear.

Anyway, Vulkan died, and the integration of Orkish psychic energy likely contributed to his long regeneration period, as his status as a Primordial Primarch means that he'll come back to life shortly if killed, though most Primordials seem to take longer, and soul-damaging attacks put Primordials down for longer.

This is fucking hilarious.

We really should have a Text to Speech Device thread.

as his status as a Primordial Primarch means that he'll come back to life shortly if killed, though most Primordials seem to take longer, and soul-damaging attacks put Primordials down for longer.
No, it's because he is a Perpetual.
Notable Perpetuals

• The Emperor of Mankind
  • The Primarch Vulkan of the Salamanders Legion
  • John Grammaticus
  • Ollanius Pius (Ollanius Persson)
  • Damon Prytanis
  • Alivia Sureka
  • Anval Thawn
  • Cyrene Valantion
  • Mordrac

Last edited: