Welcome to the Family (Sidekick Quest)

Voting is open
I want this quest to offer some tactical options to you guys, since I think Masks really shines when you are able to utilize the label shifting mechanic to the fullest, but it seems that maybe asking for two successive moves simultaneously might be pushing it. Would it be easier to break these votes out? It would slow the update schedule as I'd have to give sufficient time for vote and and then more time for vote B, but it would also allow voters to make informed decisions without predicting what the outcome of the first half of the vote would be.
This is why I find it impressive when someone successfully imports a PnP ruleset to a forum format. It requires automating certain decisions on part of the players without letting them feel like the author is the only one deciding which way the story goes.

Both of these options don't appeal to me. I dislike unnecessary plan votes because when they aren't needed they just limit the agency of players who don't vote for what they want but have to pick a set of votes in its entirety. Decent plans thus can "sneak in" options that wouldn't normally be voted in by majority, but are because of the way it splits the vote count.

And when in a tabletop it only takes a few seconds to ask the players what they want, it takes half a day at least to gauge the opinion of a forum, and more if you don't want people to feel left out. The questers should primarily be voting on choices that advance the narrative, or the story won't go anywhere.

I think the way I would personally consider best would be to minimize the number of dependent votes, while making some of the decisions for the players. Take the "choose several benefits", for one... should they be a part of any plan if they only happen on a high roll, and there is a possibility of a GM ignoring them altogether? Not only is it too much micromanagement for too little gain, but we also can't reliably base our next choice on them; ergo, they shouldn't be a part of the vote. I understand that this system in particular deals with self-perception, and that players may find it more important than your regular to-hit rolls and may want to have more say in it, but this kind of mechanic already gets a soft implementation by GMs when the characters' behavior and outlook are shaped by the choices they have taken, and may affect future choices. Is there a reason why we should get to decide where the Labels shift upon rejection of Amy's Influence, as opposed to them shifting in the opposite direction from where Amy wants them to?

So I'd probably second Birthday's approach. Let players shift their labels / pick their bonuses freely when they have more time to reflect, and do it for them in a more action-packed context based on how the rolls fall. Alternatively, offer the choice selection like it was done in the prior update, when you make the roll yourself and let us know what we have to work with. Admittedly, this can only be done when the course of action is set beforehand.

Things may get tricky with mid-combat dialogue, like in this very choice. Players may have very specific things in mind they want out of interactions, and may be left annoyed if the characters ignore them. Having a good feel for intentions of your playerbase may help a lot with that. Not that it's very relevant to Amy; we barely know her, and aren't interested in much other than apprehending her.

Last edited:
Thanks. Do you think we should specifically frighten Amy though? Wouldn't that only cause her to get more desperate, and also encourage her to ty and run away instead of standing and fighting? Surprise feels like it would be more practical.
You have a point. I was think that with her blind and frightened I could get her to surrender for fear of moving something vital into the path of an otherwise non-lethal blow. Hmm. @Gally which is more likely, panic or surrender?
Decent plans thus can "sneak in" options that wouldn't normally be voted in by majority, but are because of the way it splits the vote count.
Ironic, since I didn't originally have a plan but switched to it when the vote method came into question because it's a familiar and easy to use set up. The thing is not everyone wants to take the time to hash out there own version of the more complex votes.

I've been flaking on that myself for a quest. I give my input and leave the meat of making it into something workable on someone elses shoulder, and live with the fact that I'm getting most of what I want, instead of all of it. Not everyone can be fully invested in the quest or has the time to put together something that complies with the authors requirements once votes get beyond basics.

All that said there is the task version of voting tallying? It would divide the vote into the 4 catagories, reject and direct ect, and then individually tally the sub vote options to each major action.

I have another quest with similar pacing where the author had trouble deciding what to write outside votes. We put together a system where we would select focuses for the characters mind to be on at the start of every day, which would color and direct the writing. We could do something similar here. Instead of constantly shifting around danger or mundane or such as a situation rises we could tally them at a specific point for gally to determine. A sort of process vote at the conclusion of one of these micro arcs to determine what wyatt took away from it, with gally determining our options for adjustment.

Last edited:
Well, I'm not sure about future instances, but it seems to me like the Reject/Accept Amy's influence move could have been handled by you directly. I don't think it's very likely that Wyatt or the players would want to accept Amy's influence over them, especially when the scene in question is action focused, not dialogue focused. Plus, failing the Reject move would result in a label shift regardless.

Masks is a more narrative system anyway, so I think any tactical decisions we make would be better served by framing them in the context of the narrative instead of the context of the mechanics.
Totally fair. This is a superhero quest - I vibe with the desire to punch people.

To explain the alternative options - if only to justify making it a choice at all - Pierce the Mask can be used to end a conflict just like Directly Engage a Threat can. If you get a hit and ask "How could I get you to surrender?" I would be more than happy to let Wyatt piece together a talking strategy for getting Amy to stand down. In this circumstance, allowing her to shift your labels would actually be beneficial, because it gives you a +1 to the relevant stat. It would be like Wyatt taking her negative perception and turning it around on him - she thinks that he's Mundane, he's normal human and weak, but Wyatt perceives that as a strength, and he ultimately uses it to beat her. It's this kind of interplay between the mechanical and story aspects of the label shifting that I find so fascinating about Masks.

TLDR: These are viable methods for conflict resolution and I just want to ensure that people aren't defaulting to punch because they don't see another way forward. You should be punching because punching is rad.

This is why I find it impressive when someone successfully imports a PnP ruleset to a forum format. It requires automating certain decisions on part of the players without letting them feel like the author is the only one deciding which way the story goes.

Both of these options don't appeal to me. I dislike unnecessary plan votes because when they aren't needed they just limit the agency of players who don't vote for what they want but have to pick a set of votes in its entirety. Decent plans thus can "sneak in" options that wouldn't normally be voted in by majority, but are because of the way it splits the vote count.

And when in a tabletop it only takes a few seconds to ask the players what they want, it takes half a day at least to gauge the opinion of a forum, and more if you don't want people to feel left out. The questers should primarily be voting on choices that advance the narrative, or the story won't go anywhere.

I think the way I would personally consider best would be to minimize the number of dependent votes, while making some of the decisions for the players. Take the "choose several benefits", for one... should they be a part of any plan if they only happen on a high roll, and there is a possibility of a GM ignoring them altogether? Not only is it too much micromanagement for too little gain, but we also can't reliably base our next choice on them; ergo, they shouldn't be a part of the vote. I understand that this system in particular deals with self-perception, and that players may find it more important than your regular to-hit rolls and may want to have more say in it, but this kind of mechanic already gets a soft implementation by GMs when the characters' behavior and outlook are shaped by the choices they have taken, and may affect future choices. Is there a reason why we should get to decide where the Labels shift upon rejection of Amy's Influence, as opposed to them shifting in the opposite direction from where Amy wants them to?

So I'd probably second Birthday's approach. Let players shift their labels / pick their bonuses freely when they have more time to reflect, and do it for them in a more action-packed context based on how the rolls fall. Alternatively, offer the choice selection like it was done in the prior update, when you make the roll yourself and let us know what we have to work with. Admittedly, this can only be done when the course of action is set beforehand.

Things may get tricky with mid-combat dialogue, like in this very choice. Players may have very specific things in mind they want out of interactions, and may be left annoyed if the characters ignore them. Having a good feel for intentions of your playerbase may help a lot with that. Not that it's very relevant to Amy; we barely know her, and aren't interested in much other than apprehending her.
Makes sense. I will try for a little more automation going forward, at least as far as it concerns Wyatt's labels and emotional state, and if you guys feel like control of the character is slipping away from you just speak up. I suppose it might benefit to run a few "social combat" encounters where I let you guys make choices based around Wyatt's personality, then take that guidance and implement it into the fighting scenes (where you determine is more physical actions) rather than trying to do it all at once.

You have a point. I was think that with her blind and frightened I could get her to surrender for fear of moving something vital into the path of an otherwise non-lethal blow. Hmm. @Gally which is more likely, panic or surrender?
If you take her sight? Panic, probably. Her power gives her near complete immunity from bludgeoning harm, which means she could probably throw herself off the train blind and survive, and might risk it.

II have another quest with similar pacing where the author had trouble deciding what to write outside votes. We put together a system where we would select focuses for the characters mind to be on at the start of every day, which would color and direct the writing. We could do something similar here. Instead of constantly shifting around danger or mundane or such as a situation rises we could tally them at a specific point for gally to determine. A sort of process vote at the conclusion of one of these micro arcs to determine what wyatt took away from it, with gally determining our options for adjustment.
Very interested in this. Do you have a link?

Totally fair. This is a superhero quest - I vibe with the desire to punch people.

To explain the alternative options - if only to justify making it a choice at all - Pierce the Mask can be used to end a conflict just like Directly Engage a Threat can. If you get a hit and ask "How could I get you to surrender?" I would be more than happy to let Wyatt piece together a talking strategy for getting Amy to stand down. In this circumstance, allowing her to shift your labels would actually be beneficial, because it gives you a +1 to the relevant stat. It would be like Wyatt taking her negative perception and turning it around on him - she thinks that he's Mundane, he's normal human and weak, but Wyatt perceives that as a strength, and he ultimately uses it to beat her. It's this kind of interplay between the mechanical and story aspects of the label shifting that I find so fascinating about Masks.

TLDR: These are viable methods for conflict resolution and I just want to ensure that people aren't defaulting to punch because they don't see another way forward. You should be punching because punching is rad.

Makes sense. I will try for a little more automation going forward, at least as far as it concerns Wyatt's labels and emotional state, and if you guys feel like control of the character is slipping away from you just speak up. I suppose it might benefit to run a few "social combat" encounters where I let you guys make choices based around Wyatt's personality, then take that guidance and implement it into the fighting scenes (where you determine is more physical actions) rather than trying to do it all at once.

If you take her sight? Panic, probably. Her power gives her near complete immunity from bludgeoning harm, which means she could probably throw herself off the train blind and survive, and might risk it.

Very interested in this. Do you have a link?
forums.spacebattles.com

Alternate Grand Order (Fate/Grand Order Quest)

Recruited to help protect humanity's future, How were you meant to know it would go this wrong?

It starts out slow, but the action picks up once we clear the prologue, and dispite some of the sillier elements of the source material it's pretty serious, as the MC just took a knife to the spine in a recent chapter.

Edit: Okay adjusted part 2 of direct to Impress instead of frighten. I think Surprise is just as likely to lead to a bail, while impress could be tricking her into surrendering by claiming she is surrounded and she's impressed afterword that you got her witha bluff.

Last edited:
OK so I said that I was going to give this vote 24 hour's notice and I'm doing that now. Will close the voting tomorrow and make adjustments going forward. Thanks for everyone's comments, I'm excited to work this out with y'all.

OK so I said that I was going to give this vote 24 hour's notice and I'm doing that now. Will close the voting tomorrow and make adjustments going forward. Thanks for everyone's comments, I'm excited to work this out with y'all.
Thanks for the oppertunity. This has been really interesting so far, especially considering this is essentially the prologue arc.

[X] Plan Accumulative Damage

Enjoying the quest so far, Gally. I'm not as familiar with the Masks system, so I had a few questions.

1. Am I correct in understanding that the "Labels" are generally intended to be "net zero" i.e. raising 1 label is always associated with lowering another, or are there ways to get a "net gain" for the labels (through getting enough XP, etc)?
2. For "My Expectations", what is the "potential" that we gain for treating one of our teammates as an equal?

Edit: Okay adjusted part 2 of direct to Impress instead of frighten. I think Surprise is just as likely to lead to a bail, while impress could be tricking her into surrendering by claiming she is surrounded and she's impressed afterword that you got her witha bluff.
I kinda disagree? It's important to note that this is Directly Engage, meaning all of our options will involve combat fullstop. What you're describing would be a Provoke roll, not a Directly Engage Roll. If that's what you want to do, I would recommend either choosing the Pierce the Mask option, or ask Gally if you could make a Provoke roll instead of Directly engage. Now, impressing her could lead to a Provoke Roll that would do what you say, trick her into surrendering via a bluff, but it wouldn't automatically succeed just because we impressed her.

Honestly, I still think Surprise is our best choice, since her powers rely on momentum, meaning if we can restrain her, she becomes remarkably easier to deal with. Surprise would guarantee an opportunity to do so.

Last edited:
I kinda disagree? It's important to note that this is Directly Engage, meaning all of our options will involve combat fullstop. What you're describing would be a Provoke roll, not a Directly Engage Roll. If that's what you want to do, I would recommend either choosing the Pierce the Mask option, or ask Gally if you could make a Provoke roll instead of Directly engage. Now, impressing her could lead to a Provoke Roll that would do what you say, trick her into surrendering via a bluff, but it wouldn't automatically succeed just because we impressed her.

Honestly, I still think Surprise is our best choice, since her powers rely on momentum, meaning if we can restrain her, she becomes remarkably easier to deal with. Surprise would guarantee an opportunity to do so.
Hmm. Maybe it's just waking up and not wanting to think things thru alot, or the smell of coffee brewing making me more agreeable, but you've convinced me.

A little late but I'm calling it. Plan accumulative damage takes it.

Could I get 2 rolls of 2d6? I will add relevant modifiers, as the result of the first roll will change the second.

Oh, that brings up another thing. Gally needs to provide us opportunities to clear our conditions. Like in the last scene, Dissent told us to go after Amy so we couldn't really "take a foolhardy action without talking to our team".

Power
"Doesn't matter if you've got a knife or a gun or a goddamn missile, I'm the one with the power here."

Truth has an edge to it, and this one catches you despite your best efforts to let it sail by. Every week it seems like there are more and more meta-criminals on the streets – every week it seems like there are more and more variables for you to have to anticipate, react to, overcome. Any thug you meet in a dark alley could have the power to vaporize you with a glance, and you have no such tricks hidden up your sleeve. You've trained for this job every day of your life, but how long until you get yourself killed by some punk who was just born lucky?

Something swells in your gut – something angry and violent and alive, spurring you to action. It washes through you, submerging the aches and pains of your body under a furious purpose. Adrenaline sharp enough to feel in your teeth.

You charge in forward, taking initiative. Metas have more tricks up their sleeves than the average bear, and it's dangerous to give them time to set those up. Put them on the back foot and they're less likely to be clever with their powers – fear pushes and they fall back on their instincts. Become stupid.

It only takes you a moment to realize that Amy isn't your average meta-thug. She stomps the top of the train as you charge over and over, reaching out with a hand to block your first blow.

Building up charge. You wrench yourself to the side at the last moment, whistling by her outstretched hand. There's a muffled thump and the air in front of her fingers ripples, distorted by the force she projects.

You roll to your feet, twirling the knife in your fingers. She smiles as she turns on you, her foot pounding rhythmically against the train again. Waiting for you.

You take a deep breath and force down the eagerness that rises to meet her smile, that suicidal pride that Augur has lectured you for so many times. It's different now. You are no longer the only choice for Oriole – your every moment must be dedicated to earning back that certainty that you had for so long taken for granted. There is work to be done, and it must be flawlessly.

In, out. In, out. The breathing settles you. You're content to wait. Amy is already packing enough force to break half the bones in your body with a touch – let her build up more. She's too dangerous to charge in on recklessly. You'll need to be certain that you can end this before you get within range of her hands again. A single exchange of blows is already more than you can afford. This is not a frenzied back and forth, a back-alley brawl where carelessness can be forgiven. This is the moment before the cut, in the samurai movie, the instant before the draw in a showdown at high noon.

Amy speaks, raising her voice to be heard over the rushing wind. "Not much of a talker, are you?" She asks, taking a few hesitant steps forward. She has all the power here, but still she steps hesitantly. You're a teenager with a knife, and she's a grown woman with the power to make physics her bitch, but still she steps hesitantly.

She is nervous, you realize. The wind whips her hair against her face and though her eyes don't move from you she cringes somewhat, trying stop her hair from impairing her vision. She has all the power, but beneath it she is human as you. As vulnerable as you.

"Would you prefer I banter?" The other knife is still in her shoulder. It must hurt like a bitch, but she doesn't seem to feel it. Adrenaline will help with that, but not entirely. She's used to pain. Knows how to endure it. Training...or a general familiarity with violence. The KMA doesn't like training assets itself, so she must've proven herself with another outfit before getting the spot.

Amy shakes her head ever so slightly. "I'm not really the bantering type." And yet she continues to talk. "The longer this takes, the more likely it is one of my boys guts your friend."

You toss the knife from one hand to the other, and her eyes follow the glint of the blade back and forth, back and forth. "Dissent can take care of herself." Why is she talking? Some people like the chatter, use it to vent the frustration and anxiety that arises in the middle of a fight, but you don't think that's her. Those types tend to ramble, to babble, to say the first thought that comes into their heads. Amy's words are too slow. Too calculated.

"Are you sure about that? Or do you just not want to think about what will happen to her when she-"

You tune Amy out as easily as flipping the channel. You still hear her, but as long as she's going to pull such juvenile tricks you're happy to let the words go in one ear and out the other. Another step forward. She's still talking, and not very well. You can see the concentration in her face, pulling her muscles taut even as she tries to feign amusement. No, this isn't her usual method of operation. It's a play, and one she's not entirely comfortable with.

Why? She steps forward again, shrinking the distance between the two of you. You're out over the river now, open water barely illuminated by silvery moonlight. She's close now. Only a few more steps separate you from her. You want more distance, more time, but to take a step back now would tell her that you were scared, and you have no doubt she'd pounce. She wants to see fear, needs to be in control.

Control. Your head jerks and she rocks, as if expecting more movement. She had brought two dozen KMA agents to deal with Dissent. Lured her into a killbox where she could have a sniper watching her at all times. Still bothered to poison her, and waited for that poison to take effect. Didn't hesitate for a moment when the plan blew up – ran for the edge immediately. Knew exactly where the high line was. Knew exactly when the train would be coming. It's about control. As much as she can have over the situation.

Such a human need. But taking that from her is only the first step. The high line reaches land again and New York whizzes by around you, transitioning quickly from the overpriced bars and diners that infest the riverside to massive, gleaming skyscrapers. A moment later those are gone, replaced by dilapidated high rises. New York is a patchwork city, each new development woven into the existing pattern with no care for what adjoins it. It finds its identity somewhere deep within that chaos and unpredictability.

You will have to do so as well. Amy takes another step forward. No more time.

"Augur," you say, loud enough for Amy to hear clearly. "Stop the train."

Steel screeches, a high keening cry into the night. Amy's eyes widen as the train begins grinding to a halt. Her escape route, compromised. Her control, shattered. If only for a moment.

A moment is all it will take. You dash forward, low, reverse grip on the knife. Amy flails wildly, fighting the lurch of the rapidly slowing train, trying to get into position to counter your attack. You come within range of her hands and they snake towards you, the air already rippling around them. You surge upwards and swing the knife hard.

Her finger finds the blade. You can feel the force of the blow travel up your arm, jarring your shoulder. The steel of the knife flexes, flexes, flexes – and then suddenly shatters into a hundred splinters which are carried away by the night. You can see the triumph in Amy's eyes. She has you. She slams her foot against the train again.

Your flashlight springs to life, a high powered flash directly to her face. It's not the laser pointer intensity you directed at the sniper earlier tonight, but it's enough to blind her temporarily, stop her from connecting with you as you pivot and fall past her. Your right hand finds the handle of Dissent's knife, still lodged deep in Amy's shoulder. You pull, fingers dancing along the length of the hilt. It comes free with a sick squelch, flinging droplets of blood in a high arc, and you toss the weapon back behind your head, reaching out with your left hand until you can feel the grip against your fingers.

You clench your fist, seizing the knife mid-tumble, and drive the blade into Amy's throat.

She gasps. Steady. STEADY. A single movement will kill her and she knows it. The train has stopped completely, and you can hear the confused shouts of its passengers, but right now you only have eyes for Amy.

Her face is raw, human panic. No control. "You need medical attention," you whisper, voice still ragged from adrenaline. "Only I can give it to you. You understand?"

She cannot speak her assent. Cannot nod her head. But she says yes all the same.

*​

By the time you return to the Hell's Kitchen bar where your chase began, Dissent is laid out on a paramedic's stretcher throwing curse words at anyone who jostles her IV.

"Cardinal!" She says as you approach. Her words are slurred, but the southern drawl is back – not quite as strong as when she dons her costume, but noticeably stronger than when she talks to you as Charlotte. "Did ya get the bitch?"

"She's in police custody." You look Dissent up and down, checking for serious injuries, and though her body is a Pollock of cuts and bruises, you don't see anything that sticks out as truly life threatening. She will be recovering though – for weeks, if not longer. "You did alright for yourself, it looks like."

"Thank Christ." Her head lolls backwards – the slow, liquid movements of someone pumped full of painkillers - and gives you a lazy smile. "Makes all the...gettin' the tar kicked outta ya...kinda worth it, huh? When it means ya...really nail 'em?"

"That's why we do it." You can't help but think of what Amy had said, back on that rooftop. The bounty on Charlotte's head – so much money for one girl. "Listen, Dissent,"

"Nah, nah," Dissent waves you off. "Not doin too much a' that right now...hey, Cardinal, tell me somethin." Her eyelids flutter, then close, but she is not yet asleep. "Why're ya out here?"

You frown beneath your mask, disengage one gauntlet. It comes off your arm with the click and whirr of a dozen different mechanisms working in concert, and you press the back of your hand to Charlotte's forehead. No fever. "What are you talking about?"

If she notices your hand at all, she doesn't react to it. "I mean why do you keep doin' this?" She says. "I saw you on the news...while I was in that cell...hit by a truck...you ain't like me. Ain't got the…" she gestures vaguely at herself. "I just wanted to...just thought I might...pick your brain a lil, you know?"

"I really don't. Dissent, you're on a lot of drugs right now, I think it would be better if we did this a little la-"

She reaches up and grabs your hand, which you realize is still on her forehead. Her grip is weak, but you don't pull away. "Hit by a truck," she says again, "came right back...what made ya think...anythin' about tonight...would be different from the last?"

{} Dissent is trying to give you Influence. Since you already hold influence over her, you will instead shift one of her labels (Danger/Savior/Freak/Superior/Mundane) up and another down.

[] "Because I'll make it different."
+Savior; -Mundane

[] "Because I won't let the city stop me."
+Danger; -Savior

[] "Because I'm going to be Oriole."
+Superior; -Danger

{} The following question is deliberately vague - it's up to you to interpret and answer as you see fit.

Do you see Dissent as an equal?

[] Yes
[] No

Mechanics of "Power"

You rolled to reject Amy's Influence. Because of your Insecure Condition, you took a -2 penalty to the roll (2d6-2)

[4,4] = 8 - 2 = 6 FAIL

Amy successfully shifts your Danger down (to 0) and your Mundane up (to 0)
You mark potential (XP) for failing a roll

You rolled to directly engage a threat (2d6+0).

[5,3] = 8 +0 = 8 SUCCESS

At a 7-9, you choose 1 option from the list. Per the plan, that was "take something from them" - Amy's sight.

As you exchanged blows, I rolled for you to take a powerful blow, rolling +Conditions (2d6+1). Because I am an idiot, I forgot to do this in the thread, so you'll have to trust me.

[3,1] = 4 +1 = 5 FAIL

Failing the take a powerful roll blow is good. You mark potential and take no damage.

Enjoying the quest so far, Gally. I'm not as familiar with the Masks system, so I had a few questions.

1. Am I correct in understanding that the "Labels" are generally intended to be "net zero" i.e. raising 1 label is always associated with lowering another, or are there ways to get a "net gain" for the labels (through getting enough XP, etc)?
Really glad you're enjoying! Both are correct. Any move that raises one label will lower another, but upon level up you can choose to take a +1 to any label.

2. For "My Expectations", what is the "potential" that we gain for treating one of our teammates as an equal?
Potential is XP. Every time you fail a roll, and with certain moves, you mark potential. Every 5 potential is a new level.

Oh, that brings up another thing. Gally needs to provide us opportunities to clear our conditions. Like in the last scene, Dissent told us to go after Amy so we couldn't really "take a foolhardy action without talking to our team".
That was intentional - I'll admit to giving you fewer chances to clear conditions in these introductory micro-arcs because of how short they are, but even in a longer arc I don't think chasing Amy would've qualified. Clearing conditions require big, negative actions. Chasing off after Amy wouldn't have counted as foolhardy because it was a reasonable decision under the circumstances.

[] "Because I'll make it different."
+Savior; -Mundane

[X] "Because I won't let the city stop me."
+Danger; -Savior

[] "Because I'm going to be Oriole."
+Superior; -Danger

Honestly I'm not to sure about this. 3 matches wyatts drive best but 2 fits the methods more, while 1 is the response the person who is going to be blackbird should give. It's really complicated. Well done @Gally.

[X] No

I'd like to say yes, it would be the heroic thing to do. But she's out of commission for several weeks and only because her meeting was rigged from the start and she managed to get her damage sponge meta ability going. Without that she's dead, and without failing to Palm some jewelry in the first place and going over her head to bring auger in on this, we wouldn't have even caught Amy. I'd prefer to say she's close, but she needs to be able to get the job done and be ready to sbow up for patrol the next day as well. Some growing to do, but she's at least earned our trust.

{} The following question is deliberately vague - it's up to you to interpret and answer as you see fit.

Do you see Dissent as an equal?

"Does Cardinal respect her as an equal member of the team?" - I would say yes. Being part of a team is all about checks and balances, about being able to do things that the other members can't. Dissent is opportunistic, quick-witted, and ready to face challenges head on. Just because it's different from Cardinal doesn't mean it's bad. In fact, she managed to open up a chance to take in a member of an organization that's been a thorn in the Family's side for ages. Her meta-power may encourage recklessness, but I think that if she really thought she couldn't outlast the mobsters, she would have told us.

"Does Cardinal view her as an equal contender for the mantle of Blackbird?" - I would say no. From what I've gathered, part of the role of Blackbird is being head of The Family, and the rebel-without-a-cause is not going to cut it. Right now, the candidates view Augur as a minder, but they are eventually going to be viewing her as a partner, and you DON'T keep Mission Control in the dark about what you're doing. If Dissent was planning on going to the meet-up alone, she'd be up in the hospital for weeks with nothing to show for it. I'm not saying that she couldn't become a better candidate in time, but from what I've seen today, she's not there yet.

Voting is open
Back