First Post

Ars Poetica

ULTIMA RATIO NEMO OBLIGATUR
Pronouns
He / Him / His
"HELLO TENKAWA CITY! Looks like we're kicking off the month of March with clear skies and a bright, bright sun! To all you beachgoers out there, pack your umbrellas and towels because it's surfing weather! We've got the best beaches around and everybody knows it! Come on down and say hello to NHK-FM 89.1! And to all you unlucky students, don't worry! You'll be out of school by the fifteenth, and it's looking like we're in for a long and beautiful summer! It's 6:00 and we're glad to have you here!"

1 MARCH 2000

Welcome one and all to the wonderful Tenkawa City. A place known for... a lot of things. Located along the coastline, this city boasts a really nice beach close to home! People come from all over the country to have some fun in the sun~

On some cliffs near the beach's shore lies an intricate web of bunkers and catacombs dating back to WWII. Some even go so far as to stretch towards the City proper, in particular to the now abandoned southern side, filled with tall and unused buildings... Nobody knows why the southern side of the city is abandoned, but that's not important.

These bunkers and tunnels haven't been fully explored, nor are they fully open to the public at large, due to the risks and hazards such as wild animals, gas and the system itself possibly caving in.

In the middle of the city, you'll find an old park built as a memorial to soldiers from the second World War. Right at the edge of it is a cathedral that dates back to the Sengoku Jidai! Though the missionaries that built it didn't survive the test of time, the cathedral did.

Clearly, this is a city with a lot of deep history behind it, and if you ever want to learn more about the city --- and anything else -- come to the Prime Academia! A university in the west side of the city famous for recruiting geniuses the world over; even if their attendance fees are prohibitive, they invest the funds in tracking down prospects the world over regardless of race, religion, age or gender.

But you're not here to go to university. You, and those like you, are a little too young for that. You're here for the history of this old city... you're here for the ghost stories. This city has a lot of rumors about odd occurrences within it. Psychics, ninjas, even shady corporations with mysterious robots have been sighted in the city.

...These are all real.

Skeptical? Don't be. Welcome to Tenkawa City!

And welcome to the Magical Burst RPG.

For those of you who aren't familiar with the rules of engagement, take a look at the following links:

https://yarukizero.files.wordpress.com/2014/06/magical-burst-4-0.pdf
https://yarukizero.files.wordpress.com/2014/06/magical-burst-sheet.pdf

Most likely, you already know most of what you need to. But if you're never sure, don't be afraid to talk to one of the many GMs for our session!

Outside the rules of the game itself, here are the basic rules of the game in our forum format.

1: Seriously don't break the forum rules. Kind of a no-brainer.

2: Try to avoid breaking the rules of the game itself. Also obvious.

3: When two Magical Girls fight, hash out the whole battle as fast as possible in PMs with a GM as witness. The winner writes the results -- after all, can't risk the loser coming up and stealing a win! Haha... :)

4: If a player character doesn't write an update to their character for seven days, we will assume that something... unpleasant... has happened to that character.

Hmm... I think that's about it. So, with that said, our first Episode begins! To all you would-be Magical Girls out there, lets see your best first Episode appearance! This is how you introduce yourself to everyone in the IC board. Who are your friends? Your family? What motivates you?

How long have you been a Magical Girl? Or, perhaps, did you just become one today? How exciting!

The world of killing monsters awaits!

-x-

IC Thread is located here.

Last edited:
You are a monster.

But... Wait, are you serious? Magical Burst is something I've been interested in trying but always found the games closed instantly.

Yes.

Or just use the good ol' Meguca Generator.

Hmm... I'll throw one here just to see if it's something I can work with before I try negotiating for anything.

Name: Fujiwara Haruka
Meguca Name: Fancy Princess Pixie Haruka (Alectainote: wat)
Personality Type: Traditional Japanese Beauty (Alectainote: WAT)
Reason for making a Pact: "Using Magic for real is a dream come true!"
Wish: "I Wish I had my memory back" (Alectainote: This just got interesting all of a sudden)
Magical Element: Vacuum (Alectainote: Here's hoping this string of interesting continues)
Magical Weapon: Mace
Magical Power: Nightmare (Alectainote: Holy shit)
Costume Style: Nurse (Alectainote: And back to wat)
Costume Colors: Gray and Gold
Accessories/Motif: Hero Scarf (Alectainote: I think I can get this to at least be internally consistent if I just take the 1 I rolled and just lock Style down at 1 to get Jumpsuit--Kamen Rider throwbacks yoooo~~)
Magical Attributes: Heart 9, Fury 4, Magic 5
Normal Attributes: Charm 6, Insight 3, Tenacity 5
Base Resolve: 18
Magical Specialization: Knight
Magical Talents: Boost, Recover, Let's Move, Get Back
Crisis: "I had a bad magical mutation manifest in the middle of school where everyone could see" (Alectainote: Hahahahahaahahaahahahaha)
Alectai threw 4 6-faced dice. Reason: Name Total: 8
2 2 2 2 1 1 3 3
Alectai threw 6 6-faced dice. Reason: Meguca Name Total: 19
2 2 2 2 5 5 4 4 5 5 1 1
Alectai threw 2 6-faced dice. Reason: Type of Meguca Total: 12
6 6 6 6
Alectai threw 2 6-faced dice. Reason: Convinced to Make Pact Total: 7
2 2 5 5
Alectai threw 2 6-faced dice. Reason: Wish Total: 3
2 2 1 1
Alectai threw 2 6-faced dice. Reason: Element Total: 8
5 5 3 3
Alectai threw 2 6-faced dice. Reason: Weapon Total: 7
4 4 3 3
Alectai threw 2 6-faced dice. Reason: Magical Power Total: 7
4 4 3 3
Alectai threw 2 6-faced dice. Reason: Costume Style Total: 6
5 5 1 1
Alectai threw 4 6-faced dice. Reason: Costume Colors Total: 14
4 4 1 1 5 5 4 4
Alectai threw 2 6-faced dice. Reason: Accessories/Motifs Total: 5
4 4 1 1
Alectai threw 2 6-faced dice. Reason: Magical Attributes Total: 4
1 1 3 3
Alectai threw 2 6-faced dice. Reason: Normal Attributes Total: 6
5 5 1 1
Alectai threw 2 6-faced dice. Reason: Magical Specialization Total: 4
2 2 2 2
Alectai threw 4 6-faced dice. Reason: Magical Talents Total: 17
4 4 6 6 3 3 4 4
Alectai threw 2 6-faced dice. Reason: Crisis Total: 6
3 3 3 3
Alectai threw 2 6-faced dice. Reason: What was it anyway? Total: 7
3 3 4 4

Last edited:
It begins...

*Begins plotting*
*Plot fails to remain internally coherent due to low Insight*
*Gives up on plotting*

Give it a roll, go with where it lands. If you're uncomfortable with it or unsure how to make it work, you can talk with the GMs about it and try to arrange something that works. :)
Wellll its just that I was halfway to finishing on this concept that I had for the character.

Delinquent Prophet with issues, lots of issues.

May or may not have Jotarou´s social skills.

Back