Virtual Quest [ON HIATUS]

I'll leave the rest of the votes to the others, but if we're to be a real Kitsune, we need...

[x] Fire magic

[x] Fire magic
[X] Accept rat-killing quest? [Y/N]
[X] Accept quest of... making a sandwich? [Y/N]
[X] Accept quest of sketching the Art Supply Store owner's portrait? (Unlocked by Drawing Skill!)[Y/N]
[X] Accept quest of retreiving fruit from orchard outside town? [Y/N]
[X] Accept quest of killing 10 rabbits outside town? [Y/N]
[X] Make use of those other Skill tutors! Although that'll probably take some time...
-[X] Smithing

And to help us in our noble goal of more than one element:

My muse has apparently decided to stop its months long strike. I have something like five other picture ideas tumbling about, most of them spawned by this update. DAMN YOU ZEN!!!

Last edited:
DAMN YOU ASSANA!!! you have 1200 bonus xp to spend and also i hate you
If you spend it on Fire, please also pick a back-up option in case Fire (somehow) doesn't get chosen. Drunk whining time now. I really need to work out a maximum XP per picture allowable, before the system shatters into puddles of my tears and blood.

[X] Fire magic
-[X] Spend as much XP as is needed to get to Level 10
-[X] Unlock Air magic.

X] Accept rat-killing quest? [Y/N]
-[X] Use our most cost efficient Offensive spell to kill the rats whereever possible
-[X] Use the setting of putting all gained exp into our Fire Magic to level it up
-[X] Start the quest with full MP

[X] Accept quest of... making a sandwich? [Y/N]
-[X] Use bread and stuff. Like (eugh) vegetable
-[X] Use an illusion to make the sandwich taste better

[X] Accept quest of retreiving fruit from orchard outside town? [Y/N]

[X] Accept quest of sketching the Art Supply Store owner's portrait? (Unlocked by Drawing Skill!)[Y/N]
-[X] Draw the portrait with him petting you. Then look at him. Then at the Picture, Then look at him

-[X] Use our Upgraded fire Spell and change our setting to have all xp go to the spell for reduced cost
-[X]Start with Max MP

[X] Accept quest of finding a child's lost toy, SOMEWHERE in town? [Y/N]
- Time-limit: None. Rewards: 1 XP. A little girl's happiness.
That's not shiny at all!
-[X] Find the child and use illusions to see if you can play charades to find out what the toy looks like

[X] (Something else?)
-[X] Look for any trinkets that would allow our ALMIGHTY POWER to regenerate fast.

Last edited:
DAMN YOU ASSANA!!! you have 1200 bonus xp to spend and also i hate you
If you spend it on Fire, please also pick a back-up option in case Fire (somehow) doesn't get chosen. Drunk whining time now. I really need to work out a maximum XP per picture allowable, before the system shatters into puddles of my tears and blood.
Your fault for making me look bad by updating so fast.
*looks at open google doc*
Maybe I should get on that.

[X] Fire magic
Fox Fire!

- Time-limit: 1 hour. Rewards: Variable.
Ara~ If you just draw them as a Kitsune, it's fine, right?
If they don't like it, we can just illusion it to look like something else! We are the ultimate Artist!
- Time-limit: None. Rewards: 20 XP. Weapon. Shame of killing innocent bunnies

Because food.

It is the shinest of them all!

[x] Fire magic.

Because there's few better ways to express the true depths of your displeasure with somebody than by setting them the fuck on fire.

[x] Air magic

This is the first step to flying above those peons as we were meant to! Though going fire and illusioning it to prettier colors is tempting.

[x] Air magic

This is the first step to flying above those peons as we were meant to! Though going fire and illusioning it to prettier colors is tempting.
My vote has both, if I have my math right we should have enough stored XP that when we add the last bonus we can hit Level 10, and take Air too.

What are the chances of us running into other super-AI, anyway? Are they all in similar circumstances?
I have no idea what your chances are, because I have no idea where you're going to go/what you're going to do. :V

Suffice to say that there are no more high A.I. in Little Bark Town at the moment, but the world's a very big place, and there's certainly at least a few more high A.I. running around; some of these will be major NPCs such as rulers of countries, who will start off with level boosts, others may have started at lvl 1 like you, and are there to test the system before the Beta, and to give the overmind A.I. an idea of how Players might start the game and react to quests/skills/levels, etc.

After a week or so, however, as the A.I. gains a better understanding of its work, you might find certain other NPCs A.I. levels rising ('Fufufu~,' as they say) and the interactions (and the world itself) becoming more complex. ... Then you can start casually re-writing lore, if you want.

Last edited:
Those poor rulers have no one worth ruling over right now. Man. I'd kind of like an interlude of one of them, it must be super strange.

Those poor rulers have no one worth ruling over right now. Man. I'd kind of like an interlude of one of them, it must be super strange.
They have high-level chefs working in their kitchens who make feasts on command, and they can run around their castles naked, screaming 'WHEEEEEEEEE!!', or level up skills like Spitting and not get any strange looks.

Trust me, they're pretty chill with it.

[X] Earth magic
-[X] Spend as much XP as is needed to get to Level 10 (If possible)
-[X] Unlock Air magic.

<Earth magic synergises well with our illusions since we can eventually change the terrain without people noticing, and air magic should give us some offensive and status affect stuff for more variety>
-[X]- Time-limit: 1 hour. Rewards: Variable.
Ara~ If you just draw them as a Kitsune, it's fine, right?
-[X] Draw the portrait with him petting you. Then look at him. Then at the Picture, Then look at him

-[X]- Time-limit: None. Rewards: 20 XP. Weapon. Shame of killing innocent bunnies.
Sounds delicious.
-[X] Use our strongest Offensive Earth spells (post BXP) and change our setting to have all xp go to the spell for reduced cost

That's not shiny at all!
-[X] Find the child and use illusions to see if you can play charades to find out what the toy looks like
[X] (Something else?)
-[X] Look for any trinkets that would allow our ALMIGHTY POWER to regenerate fast.

[ X] Fire magic
Again, Fox Fire.
[X ] Accept rat-killing quest? [Y/N]
- Time-limit: 1 hour. Rewards: 50 XP. Rat Leather. ... What is 'rat leather'...?
[ X] Accept quest of sketching the Art Supply Store owner's portrait? (Unlocked by Drawing Skill!)[Y/N]
- Time-limit: 1 hour. Rewards: Variable. Ara~ If you just draw them as a Kitsune, it's fine, right? And if we don't like it, illusion it according to their complaints. We can be pragmatic.
[X ] Accept quest of retreiving fruit from orchard outside town? [Y/N]
- Time-limit: 30 minutes. Rewards: 30 XP. Leather Boots. Hopefully not rat leather.
[X ] Accept quest of killing 10 rabbits outside town? [Y/N]
- Time-limit: None. Rewards: 20 XP. Weapon. Shame of killing innocent bunnies. Sounds delicious.

[X ] Make use of those other Skill tutors! Although that'll probably take some time...
-[X ] ... Dancing

BTW Guy's... You are aware that most of the quest you're choosing have time limits and are mutually exclusive (IE you can't do more than one quest at a time). For example say you wan't to retrieve fruits from out of town, That's say 20 minutes with another 40 minutes for two more quest of variable lengths.

'[GM: Select as many quests as you'd like, working on the assumption that if there's a time-limit, you start completing the quest immediately after accepting it.)]'
So neh!
The [Time Limit] is the amount of time to complete it once we start it, right?
To keep us from making a massive log of unfinished stuff, I assume.

The [Time Limit] is the amount of time to complete it once we start it, right?
To keep us from making a massive log of unfinished stuff, I assume.
It's time-limit from accepting it, but I'm going to presume you'll be doing some running back and forth (and maybe practicing Illusions/Shapeshifting on the way). There's no penalties for failure or refusing them, as these are very basic quests for training new Players.

Replies might be a bit slow, busy packing up my house for moving. Four boxes worth of black sandals is enough, right...?

Back