Time To Make Your Future! (Project Moon/Worm Quest)

Bottle of tears or Blubbering toad in all likelihood then
[X] See a sphere of water that's half inside a house? It looks like there's some sort of broken glass statue inside. There's heroes surrounding it, and what looks like PRT agents cordoning the area.
-[X] Wander over and take a look? Is this some sort of parahuman thing?

Last edited:
You've already guessed it.
Hint - he's crying
Now I'm tempted to say Toad buddy just because he's new and I like the guy, but Child of the Galaxy could maybe also fit the description.
Besides, Zayins can be pretty murdery if they wanted, and since Waw/Aleph class abnormalities are gonna be more rare, making the lower class ones stronger would help with balancing stuff and make them match up to the regular capes around Earth Bet.
Abnormalities are assigned threat rankings based on danger, not power after all. The strongest Abnormality we've seen is a Zayin-class just because they're cool and don't have any real desire to cause harm, and Fairy Festival is actually pretty terrifying in Ruina since it's gotten hungry. There's also the two fake Zayins, both of whom get the classification because they play at being allies instead of enemies. And let's not even get into the horrors that You're Bald can unleash upon the world...

[x] See a sphere of water that's half inside a house? It looks like there's some sort of broken glass statue inside. There's heroes surrounding it, and what looks like PRT agents cordoning the area.
-[x] Wander over and take a look? Is this some sort of parahuman thing?

Aye
Toad would likely be easiest to find
Simply follow the mournful croaking

I am truly sorry to say that Froggy is not here. Its some man with Bottle Of Tears instead. I did mention glass right? I could have someone with Blubbering Frog's EGO appear later though.

Yes you did
It's why I said follow the mournful cries
It ain't here but the cues for each one's prescence are important to consider

Bottle of tears is a dangerous abnormality
As demonstrated here
Though mention of a statue
An ego corrosion possibly?

I am truly sorry to say that Froggy is not here. Its some man with Bottle Of Tears instead. I did mention glass right? I could have someone with Blubbering Frog's EGO appear later though.

Ps nothing to be sorry for
More our fault then anything else
Though you allowed me to get my point of considering the cues so thank you

Last edited:
Yes you did
It's why I said follow the mournful cries
It ain't here but the cues for each one's prescence are important to consider
Bottle of tears is a dangerous abnormality
As demonstrated here
Though mention of a statue
An ego corrosion possibly?
Ps nothing to be sorry for
More our fault then anything else
Though you allowed me to get my point of considering the cues so thank you
Got it in one! Someone's going through a real bad trigger event, and they've given up.
I personally interpret Bottle of Tears to be more silent suffering, considering the fact that it drowns you and "bottling it up" is a phrase that describes not letting all your anguish out. Also you have to eat the cake on top of it for it to trigger, and you can't exactly make sad crying noises when your mouths stuffed with cake.

Oof
I wouldn't say silent suffering but emotional festering
Many of us try to bury negative emotions under vices
But moment there's no more distraction
Out comes the tears to drown you
Afterall if it were merely silent suffering why would the ego be called eyeball scooper?
It seemed to me more geared toward repression than anything for lack of a term

[X] There's… ships in the bay? They look kind of patched together, abnormally bulky and covered in all sorts of strange extra parts. There's people on them, yelling something and there's some flying heroes who seem to be in the middle of a standoff with them. What's going on here?
-[X] Maybe try to help the "prawns" the voice doesn't seem to think they are dangerous so it may be a misunderstanding.

[X] There's… ships in the bay? They look kind of patched together, abnormally bulky and covered in all sorts of strange extra parts. There's people on them, yelling something and there's some flying heroes who seem to be in the middle of a standoff with them. What's going on here?
-[X] Maybe try to help the "prawns" the voice doesn't seem to think they are dangerous so it may be a misunderstanding.

There's something to note now that I think about it
From the looks of things either this is midway through a 'power surge' ie new wave of triggers or at the very beginning of such
Meaning that ego triggers have been occurring
Meaning prawns could be led by someone with the wellcheers ego
Likely either merchant member or dockworker, likely not Danny Hebert though
Eyeball scooper though
Likely a Winslow kid, not necessarily Taylor but I doubt Taylor is the only bullied person at Winslow who can't get help
Could be wrong though on the later

It is likely these ego triggers mayhaps have a common connection
Possibly cogito or light related

It is also possible assuming another person inherited haywire shard or leet tried to meddle with portals accidentally created a new breach into the project moon universe......... which likely will be investigating both earth bet and aleph
I can imagine a wing making contact with cauldron for their product or the head in order to get an idea for the process as well in exchange for giving new methods to prepare to fight scion with
Not counting what havoc the fingers and other may cause
It is quite possible these ego triggers are cauldrons attempt to create capes who can aid in the downfall of zion

Last edited:
[X] See a sphere of water that's half inside a house? It looks like there's some sort of broken glass statue inside. There's heroes surrounding it, and what looks like PRT agents cordoning the area.

-[X] Maybe try to help the "prawns" the voice doesn't seem to think they are dangerous so it may be a misunderstanding

Voting's closed now. Story comes later.
Scheduled vote count started by ImDead1ns1de on Apr 22, 2023 at 6:15 PM, finished with 31 posts and 16 votes.

• [X] There's… ships in the bay? They look kind of patched together, abnormally bulky and covered in all sorts of strange extra parts. There's people on them, yelling something and there's some flying heroes who seem to be in the middle of a standoff with them. What's going on here?

The Quest Has Begun. What's a Shrimp doing on a boat?
-[X] Maybe try to help the "prawns" . The voice doesn't seem to think they are dangerous so it may be a misunderstanding.

Looking out into the bay, Missy spots some… ships? They were strangely shaped and upon taking a closer look, she could see that they were far bigger and bulkier than they were supposed to be. Weren't most of the boats inoperable or something ever since the shipping industry started to tank? Feeling curious about that prawn comment, Missy couldn't help but wander over, joining the crowd that was starting to form.

"-And you can suck my &*(@#%$^% you @!#*$&$^! It's about time someone took back this #$*(@# city and if you're all gonna get in our goddamn way you can bet your *(&% $#%^( we're all gonna fight you!"

There's some people on the boat, and the one yelling and shaking his fist was wearing a… is that a shrimp mask? Was that the "prawn" the voice mentioned? Either way, the boat workers looked really unhappy with New Wave.

One of the heroes - Photon Lady? Lady Photon? Wasn't it Photon Mom or something? - turns to address the crowd while the rest of her team keeps arguing with the sailors.

"Alright people! I know you all are interested in what's happening here, but for your own health and safety please try to back away and clear the area while we engage these criminals-"

Shrimp guy just starts cackling, "Oh that's $*#(&#)!@ RICH coming from you @#)(&$!#&! Call yourselves 'Heroes' while you abandon half the @)!*$&^#& city TO @(#*@!@(^# NAZIS AND SLAVE TRAFFICKERS but @!#)*!&$#!% FORBID you let the NORMAL people do ANYTHING to protect themselves you (!@#(^%-"

While the shrimp guy starts a very passionate rant, a woman with a welding mask steps forward, and gives him a light tap on the shoulder, glaring at the heroes.

"Ah calm down now love, don't let those goody two shoes get ta yah, we got better things ta do then waste time on them right?"

As shrimp guy starts to calm down, she starts signaling the rest of the workers to start backing out of the bay, flipping off New Wave as she does so. Missy felt even more confused somehow, the sailors didn't look like they were doing anything wrong, and the voice didn't seem to think they were a threat, but, well, Lady Photon did just call them criminals, didn't she? Well, at least things ended peacefully… right?

Ah, it's such a shame to see such earnest, hardworking folk be denied like that. It's so hard to start up a company these days, especially in this environment. Would you like to lend them a hand, little one?

[ ] The boats are leaving, New Wave doesn't seem happy about this but they aren't trying to pursue the ships.
-[ ] Sneak onto the ships! These people are supposed to be criminals right? Even if they're not, sneaking on one of their ships to check could be a good idea… Um, how are you sneaking onto the ships anyways?
-[ ] Sneak onto the ships! While you're not familiar with the situation of the poorer parts of Brockton, these people don't seem so bad. Hey, maybe you could offer to help them, or maybe even join as a member! Um, how are you sneaking onto the ships and helping/joining the sailors anyways?
-[ ] Follow the ships from a distance, maybe you'll get to see a really cool lair! Or something… The ships have to be going somewhere right? Um, how are you following the ships into the great unknown that is the poorer half of the city?
-[ ] Just go home, seeing this does remind you that you'll have to test out your powers eventually, in case something bad happens.
-[ ] Write-In

What a level headed young woman, most don't have such self control. Love is such a lovely thing to see these days, yes? Although those boats aren't exactly the most… elegant of things. At least they're sturdy.

[ ] Before the boats have the chance to leave, New Wave attacks them. Now that a fight is breaking out, what do you do?
-[ ] Fight with New Wave! They have to have a good reason for this, right? I mean, those ship workers are supposed to be criminals according to them. Um, how are you helping a hero team fight boat workers anyways?
-[ ] Fight with the sailors! New Wave was attacking them for no reason, and they didn't seem that bad. They were even planning to leave quietly before all of this happened. Um, how are you helping the boat people against a hero team when you're on land anyways?
-[ ] Try to help people caught in the crossfire, this place is kinda crowded and it would be easy for someone to fall over or get trapped under debris if the fight gets too bad… Um, how are you going to help people anyways?
-[ ] Just try to leave as quickly as possible, you don't want to get trampled by the crowd and there are cannons attached to those boats… Um, how are you getting out of this place anyways?
-[ ] Write-In

Oh how reckless. It seems some people don't understand the concept of civility around here, and to pick on those poor, poor, defenseless shrimp too? It's just a tad cruel don't you think?

Here's Squealer and Skidmark, fishing edition. I don't know what to name these new versions of them, or what they're group/gang name should be. If y'all have suggestions, feel free to post them.

[X] Before the boats have the chance to leave, New Wave attacks them. Now that a fight is breaking out, what do you do?
-[X] Try to help people caught in the crossfire, this place is kinda crowded and it would be easy for someone to fall over or get trapped under debris if the fight gets too bad… Um, how are you going to help people anyways?

[X] The boats are leaving, New Wave doesn't seem happy about this but they aren't trying to pursue the ships.
-[X] Sneak onto the ships! These people are supposed to be criminals right? Even if they're not, sneaking on one of their ships to check could be a good idea… Um, how are you sneaking onto the ships anyways?
-[X] Ask the voice in your head for advice. (Cats are supposed to agile, no?)

For the suggestions, I think the name "Kriller Instinct" sounds absolutely fucking stupid and thus I will defend it until the ends of the earth.

[X] The boats are leaving, New Wave doesn't seem happy about this but they aren't trying to pursue the ships.
-[X] Sneak onto the ships! While you're not familiar with the situation of the poorer parts of Brockton, these people don't seem so bad. Hey, maybe you could offer to help them, or maybe even join as a member! Um, how are you sneaking onto the ships and helping/joining the sailors anyways?
--[X] Ask the voice for help? It gave you powers after all

Last edited:
-[X] Sneak onto the ships! While you're not familiar with the situation of the poorer parts of Brockton, these people don't seem so bad. Hey, maybe you could offer to help them, or maybe even join as a member! Um, how are you sneaking onto the ships and helping/joining the sailors anyways?
--[X] Ask the voice for help? It gave you powers after all.

Same but more with an more positive view of them, tough I don't think anyone wants to join them.

I think neither Squealer and Skidmark should have triggered yet and in canon only start working together after the ABB fuck ups and they see the opportunity to replace them as one of the major gangs.

Also thenew is right "Kriller Instinct" is perfect if they aren't going for WellCheers.

-[X] Sneak onto the ships! These people are supposed to be criminals right? Even if they're not, sneaking on one of their ships to check could be a good idea… Um, how are you sneaking onto the ships anyways?

[X] Before the boats have the chance to leave, New Wave attacks them. Now that a fight is breaking out, what do you do?
-[X] Try to help people caught in the crossfire, this place is kinda crowded and it would be easy for someone to fall over or get trapped under debris if the fight gets too bad… Um, how are you going to help people anyways?

Back