These are the Voyages (Star Trek)

[X][Planet] The Fifth Planet
[X][Approach] Within the rules

I suspect the lack of power signature has to do with eezo engines. If its abandoned, then we get to raid the ship for archaeology.

- A P Class Ice world. There are no signs of colonization here, but there is that ship in orbit of the planet that might be interesting. Or it might just be a scuttled wreck.
[X][Approach] By the book
- You may be in another galaxy, but you are still Starfleet, and that means handling things by the Prime Directive. Until such a time that you have evidence of them having faster than light travel, do everything you can to avoid actually encountering the people here

[X][Planet] The Third Planet

Let's check out the locals first before we start investigating their stuff too much. The Third Planet seems like it would be the easiest way to figure out just how stealthy we need to be. Once we have some idea of what their technology is like in general, we will not only know whether the Prime Directive applies here, but also whether they could be a threat to our ship, and whether the mysterious ship is in fact theirs or someone else's. And if they are in fact FTL-capable in some way, then introducing ourselves first would just be polite.

I suspect the lack of power signature has to do with eezo engines. If its abandoned, then we get to raid the ship for archaeology.

That presumes the tech in the Halcyon system is that of Mass Effect's and not Outer Worlds'. This is a crossover after all and we don't know how Outer Worlds has been fused into Mass Effect so we shouldn't rule out any of the unique tech from that game that wouldn't be feasible with Mass Effect's techbase from showing up.

"If the race is not Faster than Light capable, there will be the Prime Directive to account for."
Sod that. FTL or not anyone able to colonise other systems is 'advanced' enough to talk to.

Really, it seems that you aren't going to be able to learn anything more about this strange civilization just sitting here and watching them.
I find your lack of faith in Federation sensor technology disturbing.

No mention of the groundbreaker or other active ships. Somewhat worrying.

[X][Approach] Go Loud
We are guests in this system. We should see if anyone is answering the phone before barging into their home.

If we're trying to do this more or less by the book, quietly scanning a ship that's likely to be a derelict gives us the maximum amount of information for the minimum amount of exposure and getting involved in the system's internal affairs.

Also, if that derelict is what i think it is (it might not be, my knowledge of the game is incomplete and spotty at best), then scanning it might be very enlightening.

Well, alright then.

So given the whole "Suddenly The Outer Worlds" thing going on, the most obvious question to me is "But if humans came from our galaxy, who are they?" Outer Worlds' whole thing is being Humans having colonized another system and being trapped in the throes of hyper-capitalism.

Personally I think interacting with Phineas is a good idea if that's actually what's going on, since he's opposed to the whole hyper-capitalism thing and wants to actually free the people on The Hope instead of making them eternal wage slaves like the bigwigs of Halcyon want.

I mean, they might be humans, but its just as likely that they're gonna be human-like aliens that are in the same situation as the canon Outer Worlds Humanity, slowly colonizing systems around their homeworld with their slow FTL.

I mean, they might be humans, but its just as likely that they're gonna be human-like aliens that are in the same situation as the canon Outer Worlds Humanity, slowly colonizing systems around their homeworld with their slow FTL.

That would be the simplest answer. On a somewhat different note, this is primarily a Mass Effect crossover but set in Andromeda right? Like, the whole point of Mass Effect: Andromeda was that they sent colonizers to another galaxy (partially to escape the Reapers I think?) so...

Is this a crossover with Mass Effect 1/2/3 set in a galaxy that was identified as Andromeda? Like, there was a lot of stuff unique to Andromeda, and the big point of that was it being untouched by the Reapers.

So it shouldn't make sense to put both ME: A and Reapers together. That and Humans being members of the Citadel for ages was kind of important, so it can't be because of Starfleet.

Like, I'm just confused by what this being a Mass Effect crossover set in Andromeda means.

That would be the simplest answer. On a somewhat different note, this is primarily a Mass Effect crossover but set in Andromeda right? Like, the whole point of Mass Effect: Andromeda was that they sent colonizers to another galaxy (partially to escape the Reapers I think?) so...

Is this a crossover with Mass Effect 1/2/3 set in a galaxy that was identified as Andromeda? Like, there was a lot of stuff unique to Andromeda, and the big point of that was it being untouched by the Reapers.

So it shouldn't make sense to put both ME: A and Reapers together. That and Humans being members of the Citadel for ages was kind of important, so it can't be because of Starfleet.

Like, I'm just confused by what this being a Mass Effect crossover set in Andromeda means.
The thing is that just as equally, it's... not impossible, but extremely difficult to have Mass Effect and Star Trek in the same galaxy. because yes, Star Trek has only really explored a small swath of their own galaxy, maybe 15%, there is the issue of how wide spread Mass Effect's 1% is, and how a lot of it is slapped right in the middle of Explored space.

You can't really put it anywhere in the Beta Quadrant without having to deal with the Klingons and the Romulans. The Alpha Quadrant is pretty full of smaller empires so it doesn't really fit there.

The Gamma Quadrant might work, but all we know of it is Diminion Space, and they hold large territory, and the Delta Quadrant has the borg.

The thing is that just as equally, it's... not impossible, but extremely difficult to have Mass Effect and Star Trek in the same galaxy. because yes, Star Trek has only really explored a small swath of their own galaxy, maybe 15%, there is the issue of how wide spread Mass Effect's 1% is, and how a lot of it is slapped right in the middle of Explored space.

You can't really put it anywhere in the Beta Quadrant without having to deal with the Klingons and the Romulans. The Alpha Quadrant is pretty full of smaller empires so it doesn't really fit there.

The Gamma Quadrant might work, but all we know of it is Diminion Space, and they hold large territory, and the Delta Quadrant has the borg.

I meant more just the simple problem of "Is that Mass Effect's Andromeda or a different place called Andromeda". Like, if it is supposed to be the same Andromeda from Mass Effect, that'd be entirely different than if it is really Mass Effect 1/2/3 just identified as Andromeda.

I've been under the impression that Andromeda in this quest is a mix of Mass Effect's Milky Way and Mass Effect's Andromeda with the added possibility of ME:A's events occurring centuries earlier so that it can happen concurrently with the trilogy's.

I don't think there's anything in ME:A's background details or plotlines that's incompatible with the idea of Reapers running rampant and messing everything up every 50,000 years. I suppose the prevalence of functional alien ruins and automata is inconsistent with how the Reapers prefer to wipe the playing field post every cycle.

It could be that 'Andromeda' is its own isolated bubble of space that the Reapers haven't come across or at the very least haven't visited in recent cycles. A lack of nearby Mass Relays would support the idea that the Reapers have never been around.

I just realized our dolphin science officer and the system have the same name, don't know how I missed that.

Ah, I seem to have forgotten to put a finite timer on this vote for longer than I meant to. Oops.
Scheduled vote count started by Lunaryon on Nov 18, 2021 at 9:22 PM, finished with 41 posts and 24 votes.

Back