There Are Only Three Levels

If you got in a fight with someone over a clash of ideals, what would you do next time you saw them?

• Apologize and try to make amends

Votes: 28 6.6%
  • Mock them to prove the folly of their beliefs

Votes: 26 6.1%
  • Give them the silent treatment

Votes: 33 7.8%
  • Be respectful but remain firm in your ideals

Votes: 290 68.6%
  • Punch them in the face on sight

Votes: 46 10.9%

• Total voters
Voting is open
Changing the cost to a Map either destroys a whole room, destroys our entire ability to map rooms, or just resets our map. It might - might - be powerable with maps scratched out on the floor, but honestly, CHP is a safer, saner alternative that's still pretty much unlimited in downtime because we can just turn SP potion into HP Potion.

Ah. but if we change it to MAP, we can then change it to NAP and get free uses at the cost of many, many catnaps.
What about LAP? Or CAP? Actually, have we tried TAP?

Edit: A thought occurs. iirc, we voters are level 4 right? What if Lori matches or surpasses our level via the System? Could she cut off the connection on Mary?

Last edited:
Bad idea: use our change a letter spell to change the title from "there are only three levels" to "there are only tree levels" or something like that. Can we? Maybe. Should we? Probably not. Do I wanna see what would happen? Absolutely.

1MAP (probably costs us the minimap or breaks reality)
1PSP (find an out of production video game console)
1MOP (surely the keep needs cleaning sometimes, no one wants an infestation of Level 3 cockroaches)
1MHP
1MSG (either this is defined as message or it's the flavor enhancer)
1TSP (one tablespoon)

carni probably wishing she could just veto all of these automatically

but on the other hand needing to look for spoons to power our reality hacks sounds like it might be funny

[X] Change the cost of Backspace Replace to 1 TSP
[X] Realise you tragically don't have any tablespoons on you

Last edited:
1MAP (probably costs us the minimap or breaks reality)
1PSP (find an out of production video game console)
1MOP (surely the keep needs cleaning sometimes, no one wants an infestation of Level 3 cockroaches)
1MHP
1MSG (either this is defined as message or it's the flavor enhancer)
1TSP (one tablespoon)

carni probably wishing she could just veto all of these automatically
I mean, she kinda can.
While Estelle does her thing, you decide to fiddle around with your new ability. Your first order of business is to make A Real Natural less costly in order to give yourself cheaper Natural Twenties. To do this, you'll have to first replace the "C" with and "H," and then the "L" with a--

ERROR: Resource "HL" undefined in SYSTEM! Reverting...

Oookay, looks like that's not gonna work. Seems that since you can only replace one letter at a time, each change must be individually valid or it'll be rejected (this also means "CP" is unlikely to work unless Cheese Points are somehow hardcoded into SYSTEM). There's still a lot of room for exploits that way, though.
Most of these things probably aren't "somehow hardcoded into SYSTEM" any more than Cheese Points are. MHP is an exception, of course.

Just did a reread to refresh on what we were doing. Was a good call! After hiatuses like this I always forget that like, oh yeah this thing is really good, and a reread reminds me of that.
Unfortunately, you can't see into an unvisited room. You would need a level two camera to accomplish this.
Next time we get a level 2 levelite we should see if we can actually do this, that would be really handy.

I have no idea what you're talking about, now, excuse me, I need to go search for my glasses.
This post will be here when you get back.

pantherasapiens's initial post seems to be referring to the title of this thread, "There Are Only Three Levels". I think he's joking about using Backspace Replace to alter either the thread or one of the handful of times that phrase has been title-dropped during the game.

Voting is open
Back