- Spy +1
- Historian +1
- Old Terra​

Weapons:
- Knife
- Web Pistol
- Eldar Slinger Pistol

Last edited:
This specific ship is not all that big. It's a tramp freighter, a design millenia out of date, economically unsustainable but the for the little floating city niche it managed to get itself in.
It's got 25 000 people in it, it's ghetto is 30 meters long and contains a grand total of 24 people, and so on.
Scale might not play in our favor here.

And While we have (or rather, Praxis has) pull with the distant owners of this ship, that gives us only a limited amount of pull with the specific captain. This ship only came into their ownership relatively recently, in a game of cards. The captain might be somewhat resentfull if we start meddling overly.

while the Sanctifiers' wealth came mostly from the medical services and esoteric skill training they could provide to planetary clients.

That said, it's sort of interesting that the Sanctifiers haven't gotten much luck selling medical services.
I guess we could try to coax the captain into doing universal healthcare or something, to provoke stronger domestic demand?

This specific ship is not all that big. It's a tramp freighter, a design millenia out of date, economically unsustainable but the for the little floating city niche it managed to get itself in.
It's got 25 000 people in it, it's ghetto is 30 meters long and contains a grand total of 24 people, and so on.
Scale might not play in our favor here.

And While we have (or rather, Praxis has) pull with the distant owners of this ship, that gives us only a limited amount of pull with the specific captain. This ship only came into their ownership relatively recently, in a game of cards. The captain might be somewhat resentfull if we start meddling overly.

That said, it's sort of interesting that the Sanctifiers haven't gotten much luck selling medical services.
I guess we could try to coax the captain into doing universal healthcare or something, to provoke stronger domestic demand?
It should be noted there are another 16,000 crew or something like that, I have to review my notes. It's also, bizarrely, undermanned, because it used to have more guns and stuff. It needs that big crew to operate all the engines because Dragon's vision of ship engines in 40k is just so amazing.

Last edited:
It should be noted there are another 16,000 crew or something like that, I have to review my notes. It's also, bizarrely, undermanned, because it used to have more guns and stuff. It needs that big crew to operate all the engines because Dragon's vision of ship engines in 40k is just so amazing.
16 000 included in the 25 000, or on top of that.

Either way, how bad is your healthcare if you have 16 000 linesmen working around yer average radioactive plasma based pseudo-sail reaction engine, and you can't make money selling medicine?

One might almost expect the reverse. Steel, does, after all, last longer than flesh.

Seems like the best long term option we can do is create enough internal demand that the tithes can be paid even without any extra-ship interactions. Set up a way for the crew to hire from the hold for odd jobs so they see the passengers as a resource rather than treat them as barnacles?

Seems like the best long term option we can do is create enough internal demand that the tithes can be paid even without any extra-ship interactions. Set up a way for the crew to hire from the hold for odd jobs so they see the passengers as a resource rather than treat them as barnacles?

Yeah we absolutely need to open up the Enforcers and other shipwide institutions to the passengers, this would siphon juvies off from the militias and help foster investment in a shipwide identity.

The thing is the, crew fundamentally see the passengers as different and lesser-than, and it's exactly the reason the captain probably doesn't care what's going down in the hold as long as the tithes keep coming up. It's a classic problem for voidships in the Imperium, just one that's much less pronounced here because it's so small-scale. That also makes it easier to fix, hopefully.

Honestly yeah I think a lot of this tied up in the disconnect between the internal ship communities and the external money economy that they're attached to and that the passengers, captain and crew, all the worlds on their route, all need in cold hard Thrones Gelt to pay to the Imperium at large. There's definitely something to how all the posturing of eternal conflict is both completely true and kinda slippery and, like all great feud cycles, there's a rhythm here that right now is just in like the climatic maximum or something, the bloodiest stage of this couple of centuries. That ultimately, this is the grim barter in bodies and blood-payments that collects and allocates the monetary resources of the hold, the bridge between the vessel's shadow economy of guild obligations and kinship networks and the universe outside.

xvsdgvs
16 000 included in the 25 000, or on top of that.

Either way, how bad is your healthcare if you have 16 000 linesmen working around yer average radioactive plasma based pseudo-sail reaction engine, and you can't make money selling medicine?

One might almost expect the reverse. Steel, does, after all, last longer than flesh.
.... yeah i hadn't really intended this connection but oh my god they def aren't getting the healthcare they need and they're avoiding all these doctors in the hold out of prejudice (while buying tools and stuff from them because that can be done through intermediaries)

wow thsi ship is fucked up huh :V

Are we sure their reactor is that radioactive? If it comes from a complete/near complete STC it probably has all the GAoT safeties because removing them would be literally blasphemy.

Are we sure their reactor is that radioactive? If it comes from a complete/near complete STC it probably has all the GAoT safeties because removing them would be literally blasphemy.
Dragon's conception of the 40k's engines, which I can not find right now, relies on the idea that ships have elaborate crews of linesmen who have to shepherd, connect and disconnect the plasmatic fields that diverty plasma from the reactor at the ship through the various engines.

So the reactor can be as safe as you want, you're still getting a nice suntan because you're working on the outside of the ship while the engine is spewing it all into space.

Back