The skills of Batman or Barbie?

The skills of Batman or Barbie?

• Total voters
Yup, never denied that'd be included. What exactly would you use that for, though?
Probably make NASA line up to suck my dick because the stars themselves bend to my will? "Wanna know what it's like in the Andromeda galaxy? I'll pull it closer for a minute so the Hubble Telescope can snap some pics. I would like a Lamborghini now."

EDIT: I love how Barbie has a 10-to-1 lead on Batman. Bruce Wayne confirmed BTFO, go cry about your dead parents some more.

Last edited:
Batman, easily.

If we assume that choosing Barbie gives you the skills of every iteration of Barbie then we must also assume that choosing Batman gives you the skills of every iteration of Batman.

If we assume that choosing Batman gives you only the skills of a single iteration of Batman then we must also assume that choosing Barbie means you only get the skills on a single iteration of Barbie.

I don't think superhuman abilities should be counted if they're not an actual skill, so unless her singing to alter stars is a thing that could be taught in universe and Barbie was just the only one talented enough to do it you wouldn't also be able to do so.

I don't think superhuman abilities should be counted if they're not an actual skill, so unless her singing to alter stars is a thing that could be taught in universe and Barbie was just the only one talented enough to do it you wouldn't also be able to do so.

In universe would be our universe. Singing can't move stars in our universe. You would have memories of a skill that doesn't work.

I would also assume that much of Batman's clarktech would similarly not function when built.

Wonder Woman is legit pretty awesome from the start- diplomat, leader, positive icon, etc., though perhaps a subject for another thread.

Last edited:
Yup, never denied that'd be included. What exactly would you use that for, though?

I imagine lots of things. Or maybe I should've responded with "I was replying to @LupineVolt's comment
Who needs marketable skills when you've got inherited wealth though?
and that quite frankly your reply has no bearing on my original conversation with him, or at least if you're going to single me out on this address the both of us equally.

Ok, I'm going to have to ask where the heck that's from?

Last edited:
Batman can't even fix Gotham.

To be fair, Batman lives in a city where good people like Harvey Dent are twisted into monsters.

And Batman does go out of his way to fix Gotham as Bruce Wayne when he's not beating criminals half to death as Batman. The world just seems intent on continuing to fuck him over. In Batman Beyond Gotham is pretty much stated to have been destroyed and rebuilt from the ground up complete with widespread crime and corruption despite Bruce's best efforts throughout his life as Batman with the Justice League. And despite all this, which would have broken even the strongest of men, Bruce still holds onto his hope for a better tomorrow and trains Terry to be the next Batman.

I would take Batman's skill set over Barbie's any day. Barbie lets you do anything, Batman lets you survive everything.

Ok, I'm going to have to ask where the heck that's from?
Mad Max Fury Road
To be fair, Batman lives in a city where good people like Harvey Dent are twisted into monsters.

And Batman does go out of his way to fix Gotham as Bruce Wayne when he's not beating criminals half to death as Batman. The world just seems intent on continuing to fuck him over. In Batman Beyond Gotham is pretty much stated to have been destroyed and rebuilt from the ground up complete with widespread crime and corruption despite Bruce's best efforts throughout his life as Batman with the Justice League. And despite all this, which would have broken even the strongest of men, Bruce still holds onto his hope for a better tomorrow and trains Terry to be the next Batman.

I would take Batman's skill set over Barbie's any day. Barbie lets you do anything, Batman lets you survive everything.
Well yeah, Gotham is the true big bad of Batman, but it reinforces the point: outside of this hell on earth, Batman's set of skills are kind of useless.

Last edited:

Huh, given how many times I've seen that movie you'd think I'd a known that.

Well yeah, Gotham is the true big bad of Batman, but it reinforces the point: outside of this hell on earth, Batman's set of skills are kind of useless.

Gotham's situation isn't exactly unique even in the real world, even if exaggerated. I mean, being a ninja millionaire with first world military-grade tech has to be useful somewhere.

On one hand, Batman has various skillsets relating to crimefighting and criminology, and is comic-book 'peak human' in terms of physical abilities.

On the other, Barbie has significantly more skills, though I don't think she's Batman-good in the fields where they overlap. And since i'd bet money she's had several role that require being physically fit (athlete, for example), I imagine she's hardly weak.

Decisions, decisions...

Batman, easily.

If we assume that choosing Barbie gives you the skills of every iteration of Barbie then we must also assume that choosing Batman gives you the skills of every iteration of Batman.

If we assume that choosing Batman gives you only the skills of a single iteration of Batman then we must also assume that choosing Barbie means you only get the skills on a single iteration of Barbie.

Actually this is a good point, if Barbie gets skill sets and powers from multiple universes, that means else world Batman applies, one of which is Kal El (Speeding Bullets).

Now since Kal El is a Batman, a case could be made that all other iterations of Kal are also iterations of Batman.

And this is just one of the published what if character X was Batman.

And this is not even taking into account things like Pirate Batman, Cowboy Batman, Ninja Batman, and Russian Anarchist Batman.

Which means that even if you only get skill sets, and not any super human powers, from either, Batman's skill sets are nigh infinite

Actually this is a good point, if Barbie gets skill sets and powers from multiple universes, that means else world Batman applies, one of which is Kal El (Speeding Bullets).

Now since Kal El is a Batman, a case could be made that all other iterations of Kal are also iterations of Batman.

And this is just one of the published what if character X was Batman.

And this is not even taking into account things like Pirate Batman, Cowboy Batman, Ninja Batman, and Russian Anarchist Batman.

Which means that even if you only get skill sets, and not any super human powers, from either, Batman's skill sets are nigh infinite

But only for ones who're actually characters. So Pirate, Cowboy, and Russian, yes, but no speculating more. That may add... some, but honestly not too much because they mostly focus in the same area and the base one is so multiskilled to begin with.

Back