Teen Spirit

Lost in Ever After
Pronouns
He/Him
So because we need a release valve for this somewhere. If I've posted this in the wrong forum I do apologize.

So for those of you who don't know recently Nintendo introduced a new item in their upcoming Super Mario U Switch Edition whatever the heck. This item allowed Toadette to turn into Peach.

Initially people where mainly focused on the bizarre lore implications of this.

Then, someone on twitter posted this

And the internet exploded like Tsar Bomba. This thing has gotten insane amounts of fan art and other attention over the weekend.

It literally raised Nintendo's stock. Naturally the guy who made the fanart was a bit...surprised.

So I figured we needed a thread for (Safe for Work) Bowsette and Bowsette related art and other things.

Last edited:
When I learned about this, I felt incredulous, bemused, and "Internet, what the hell?!". I enjoyed the results, namely because I enjoyed Smug Wendy when that was a thing. Also, it's Bowser, and after the ending for Odyssey, and this Nintendo Direct, well... what did anyone expect to happen. Also, much of the blow up came from Japan ("Japan, why?!":lol:rofl:), so yeah, it's a thing...

When you got manga-ka, doujin artists, and everyone else in a bandwagon, you know you've made something amazing. Poor ayyk92, though, just that one 4koma exploded him into popularity.

Also:

You know we're in the weirdest timeline when Murata (the manga artist behind One Punch Man) gets in on it.

Not just Murata, there's also Kotoyama (Dagashi Kaishi), Cool-Kyou Shinsha (Dragon Maid), and Himura Kiseki (Sword Dancers). Probably more, but those three are off the top of my head.

I've been feeling that sent in the air like a bunch of people have discovered a new fetish since sunday, so it's good to know what's been causing it.

Anyway,

Something tells me it's only going to get stranger from here.

I am legit not sure if this is supposed to be the God Emperor holding Bowsette up like in the lion king or as a romantic thing like in Titanic. Or whether this a photoshop or not.

Oi what's the point of a girl Bowser is she's not actually a lizard-turtle-dragon lady?
Yeah, but that would be just Rule 63 Bowser, which isn't anywhere near newsworthy these days.

This is Bowser turning into a near identical copy of the person he's been trying to marrying for years and the person his arch nemesis is romantically interested in, and then potentially dating said arch nemesis.

There's a lot of complicated factors that have to be taken into account to understand this perfect storm of memery. Should we get Jemnite or some really confusing and terrible political compass in here to explain this?

Oi what's the point of a girl Bowser is she's not actually a lizard-turtle-dragon lady?
It's complicated. First I'm pretty sure a fair amount of people are into this because Mario and Bowser have a far more interesting dynamic with each other than they do with Peach. And this is a way to ship them that has broader appeal than what that ship will normally involve.

Second, Bowsette is a far cooler version of peach in general.

then there's the fact that it's an item that does this. Besides the bizarre lore implications, makes it rather interesting when you think about the fact that bowser choose this form. And reading into why he did it (Power, UST with Mario, Yuri times with Peach, he liked the dress) gives you more to work with than normal rule 63. Plus the item makes it hella easy to apply it to other characters.

Also, ahh yeah. Unique tag. Good times, good times.

Edit:

Last edited:
I still don't know how this happened (like, I know the story, not how this went viral like this) but the fanart is amazing:

Last edited:
Everyone, post sources when possible! And search in places that use sources- they aren't harder. It's worth it, like here's Peachser's artist, Revolocities, and knowing that shows you three more arts!

Anyway, here's a nice breakdown on why one person thinks it's so popular:

A lot of it is 'it's easy to lewd, but there's nothing inherently lewd about it,' and 'it's a simple, solid design using canon items.'

And here's some Luigi bullying:

Last edited:
Back