The Second Overwatch [Kantai Collection SI]

Created
Status
Ongoing
Watchers
Recent readers

Hey everyone, this is Hive. I recently poked around Carrier Command 2 in VR and the old Gaea Mission games. In combination with my KC fic binge I got inspired to write something. I was primarily inspired by some elements of the Lord K's CV-44 story, but unlike the poor, poor Solomon Sea I plan to have way less psychological horror and more "daring survival against all odds". Think more Bear Grylls and less Castaway. We'll see how it goes, my exploratory writing can sometimes steer the story elsewhere.

The SI character is (Armed Craft - Coalition) ACC Epsilon DCVN-821 of the United Earth Coalition, she is loosely based on a significantly upsized carrier with the same name from Carrier Command 2, but she's not that carrier. The difference is roughly like between WW2 Enterprise and CVN-65 Enterprise. This is also not a stomp fic, things are expected to be challenging.

Do note, while she is designated as "drone carrier nuclear", she's technically more like an upsized LHA amphibious assault ship with a well dock, an angled deck and catapults. Also I'm using both CC2 and Gaea Mission tech, but Gaea Mission stuff will be refluffed and mostly long term locked to make more sense since CC2 seems to forget about plasma cannons, lasers, nukes and all the other stuff. Performance of existing systems is also tweaked to be comparable to modern samples rather than whatever insanity CC2 carrier is.

This story is not going to significantly affect REINTE or SGQ, the former will take precedence, Ag's KC jump is still planned and the latter is still in the works due to the massive scope of the rewrite and the IRL pressures. As such, the regularity and rate of updates of this particular story is likely going to eventually get lower and less consistent than my other projects. I hope this is understandable, I don't truly abandon stuff without informing people first.

So yeah, I hope you'll enjoy my writing and let's get started.
Back