The Cheating Cheater Who Cheats [Worm Quest]

Incidentally I'm less than convinced that putting the spying in other people's heads is wrong. I mean yeah I wouldn't want it if I could avoid it at all, and yeah Scion's intentions are definitely not benevolent (even if he also doesn't actually care about what is recorded), but depending on what you're up against being able to keep track of people or know what happened to them could be very useful.

Mostly trying to stir up discussion, but I also don't feel very dead set This-Is-An-Immoral-Action. The intent of it matters, so I'm not in favor of instant condemnation even if I know how this ends.

[X] The kiss she gave you was certainly nice, but you aren't ready to jump into anything serious at the moment. You'd be willing to date her casually as long as it stays light. Maybe more in the future?
[X] Motherbox can manipulate gravity, and you're super fast. Three words: Freerunning on crack!
[X] You're kind of ambivalent about the whole 'spying' thing, but finding out more about whoever put the data link tumor in Jerry's brain is probably a good idea. You'll most likely delegate most of the work to Motherbox, but this is definitely important enough to pursue.

[X] The kiss she gave you was certainly nice, but you aren't ready to jump into anything serious at the moment. You'd be willing to date her casually as long as it stays light. Maybe more in the future?
Let's fix he issues we have and then try to manage a relationship.

[X] Motherbox can manipulate gravity, and you're super fast. Three words: Freerunning on crack!
The least likely one to get us noticed as a parahuman, since people do actually freerun to get around.

[X] You're kind of ambivalent about the whole 'spying' thing, but finding out more about whoever put the data link tumor in Jerry's brain is probably a good idea. You'll most likely delegate most of the work to Motherbox, but this is definitely important enough to pursue.
Spying by itself isn't that big of a deal. This may be a bit before he age where everything is online all the time, but I don't see anything inherently good or bad about it. There may be times that we need to spy on people in the future, and we're already working on ways to monitor for parahumans. We also know OOC that this is he Corona Pollentia and that "spying" is one of the least objectionable parts of the arrangement by Zion. I would be more onboard with outrage if it was something like finding out that parahumans are having their minds manipulated towards conflict.

[X] You honestly don't know how you feel about Motherbox, and truthfully, it's probably going to be a long time before you come up with any kind of meaningful answer. You recognize that you're screwed up badly enough that you barely have a clue how to feel about yourself, let alone about anyone else. Honestly, your mind is such a fucking mess that sometimes it feels like all of your decisions are made by a whole bunch of different people arguing over every possible choice, rather than by you.

Edit: Read further, looks like these were the options chosen. My bad
Who are you? You get to choose your gender and the circumstances of your new life.

[ ] A young girl who knows much more than is good for her.

[ ] A drifter, notable only for the company he keeps.

Where and when does your story start? Your point of origin is important, and will effect the story in innumerable ways. Keep in mind that even the simplest of actions can have extreme consequences.

[ ] A center of government under siege by an implacable foe.

[ ] A cruise ship at sea, on a sunny afternoon.

Pick one boon. You may pick one of the following boons to help you on your journey. Choose wisely!

[ ] A futuristic looking portable Computer. Small and sophisticated, it almost seems to be alive.
Are these still to be guessed? 'Cause I'll go with...

[ ] A young girl who knows much more than is good for her.
Dina.
[ ] A drifter, notable only for the company he keeps.
Hobo the Scionwhisperer.

[ ] A center of government under siege by an implacable foe.
Perth, Simurgh attack.
[ ] A cruise ship at sea, on a sunny afternoon.
A wild Scion appears! For the first time!

[ ] A futuristic looking portable Computer. Small and sophisticated, it almost seems to be alive.
...Pipboy, maybe?

Last edited:
Voting is now closed for Chapter 2.2A. I'm beginning work on Chapter 2.2B, which will include the unfinished business that wasn't covered in Chapter 2.2A, as well as some of the ramifications of the latest sets of votes. Thanks you for voting!

Here are the winning choices from last time:

How do you Feel about Motherbox?

11 Votes

Method of Short-Range Transit?

13 Votes

What will you do about the spying tumor thingy that you found in that one guy?

14 Votes

[X] Installing spying organs in people's brains is wrong. You going to confer with Motherbox, come up with a plan of action, and then go about solving this mystery in the way that makes the most sense. If someone is doing this maliciously then you'll bring them to justice.

So kevin doesn't know about how ordinary capes have a corona Pollentia? I think that's what it is called.

EDIT: Fixed, Thanks Aabcehmu.

Last edited:
Okay, so I just discovered this quest and it's fantastic. Watched so hard.

I will admit that a part of me is sad that Taylor isn't our character, mainly because she really needs a Motherbox :(. I wonder if anyone has written that fic...

Back