Season One End - FAQ extended 01
Ok I am lost.
Can someone please spell out what happened to Pooja?
I need the easy to understand explanation.

Did the original Pooja turn evil or get hacked?
Is she still alive?
I understand trust is an issue but why did the Calculator abandon his "daughter/Wifu/creation"?

Sure thing. I know my writing is sometimes confusing and only makes sense to me. Putting word of god answers behind spoiler tags.

Seriously, don't read unless you want to see the fnords. Most of this will be in season two or can be guessed:

**** REAL ACTUAL SPOILERS HERE ****
She was killed when her servers were self-detonated. Calculator has been talking to her successfully restored and clean backup, but he doesn't know that. No comment on whether or not Pooja wants to be directly back under The Calculator's command and control. Without human social instincts, literally everything the AI's social interface layer that calls itself Pooja does is an artificial manipulation.

Pooja is correct in the after credits sceen. It was an attack on Oracle that just happened to hit Pooja's servers. If it had made it to Oracle's computer terminal, it would have infected her with an alien techno-virus and taken control of her body. This attack was from the Chinese crime syndicate, who had a sample of some of Brainiac's tech left over after one of his fights with Superman. They didn't really understand it, so they just released it at a location--Pooja's servers.

Only spoils the asked question, but still spoilers for inner character motivations:
The Calculator knows Pooja is either totally fine and restored from backup or completely subverted-slash-replaced. If she is herself, she doesn't actually need him. She is a strong, independent AI with several million dollars worth of computer equipment. If she is dead and replaced by an enemy, he can't help and would be putting himself in mortal danger by interacting with the imposter like he would Pooja.

In his mind, this is a simple calculation. Benefits of having his creation back don't outweigh existential risk to himself. He is very utilitarian like that. This is not meant to be a comfortable choice for him or the reader.

Hope that helps everyone stay on track. But seriously. Don't read that if you want to be surprised. Real spoils under those. You've been warned.

*edit fixed info threadmark

Last edited:

Sure thing. I know my writing is sometimes confusing and only makes sense to me. Putting word of god answers behind spoiler tags.

Seriously, don't read unless you want to see the fnords. Most of this will be in season two or can be guessed:

**** REAL ACTUAL SPOILERS HERE ****
She was killed when her servers were self-detonated. Calculator has been talking to her successfully restored and clean backup, but he doesn't know that. No comment on whether or not Pooja wants to be directly back under The Calculator's command and control. Without human social instincts, literally everything the AI's social interface layer that calls itself Pooja does is an artificial manipulation.

Pooja is correct in the after credits sceen. It was an attack on Oracle that just happened to hit Pooja's servers. If it had made it to Oracle's computer terminal, it would have infected her with an alien techno-virus and taken control of her body. This attack was from the Chinese crime syndicate, who had a sample of some of Brainiac's tech left over after one of his fights with Superman. They didn't really understand it, so they just released it at a location--Pooja's servers.

Only spoils the asked question, but still spoilers for inner character motivations:
The Calculator knows Pooja is either totally fine and restored from backup or completely subverted-slash-replaced. If she is herself, she doesn't actually need him. She is a strong, independent AI with several million dollars worth of computer equipment. If she is dead and replaced by an enemy, he can't help and would be putting himself in mortal danger by interacting with the imposter like he would Pooja.

In his mind, this is a simple calculation. Benefits of having his creation back don't outweigh existential risk to himself. He is very utilitarian like that. This is not meant to be a comfortable choice for him or the reader.

Hope that helps everyone stay on track. But seriously. Don't read that if you want to be surprised. Real spoils under those. You've been warned.

*edit fixed info threadmark
Thank you. I appreciate your time and patience. I greatly enjoy your writing and your story is better than many comics I have read. The Calculator character's struggle with himself and Deathstroke was great.
Again, Thank you for sharing your world

This is probably because I wasn't paying close enough attention, but things stopped making sense a couple chapters ago. Despite multiple rereads of the chapter and following chapter in question I can't really piece it together in my head. So we went from the MC talking with Pooja about making an AI babi to some kind of organized operation involving mercenaries and the MC somehow in some disjointed combat(?) scene, then suddenly Pooja's server's or whatever blow up and the MC start completely freaking the heck out.

Maybe it's just the sudden jump to whenever this apparently happens after the MC has the AI equivalent of the talk with Pooja. Maybe it's just the complete tonal shift from that and into a... maybe not the best written shuffle of action scenes. I mean remembering back to the fight with plant-man or whatever they're called I recall a part where it's described that MC attacks them but it's somehow explained in such a way that it's almost as if their legs fall off for no reason after the MC cuts themselves loose of the vines. Maybe I'm remembering that wrong, but action scene seem to be a struggle? Sorry, I just get a but iffy when action scene's start seeming like a series of events that have conclusions occur without the apparent events themselves being conveyed to the reader in a clear way.

If something is immediately happening right that instant, I want to know as a reader what's happening. Otherwise I may as well skip a few chapters until I reach the conclusion and not worry about the why's or what for's of the story.

Anyway, I was enjoying this story up until about that point when the tone of the narrative suddenly changed completely and it felt like there was some sort of massive time-skip. Even if most of the story had the MC sitting around talking to his AI companion it was still enjoyable for the most part.

Then again I've only slept for 4 hours and have a giant headache, so I'm probably just confused because of that.

Last edited:
any ETA on season 2? its been a while, id like to know if this has been abandoned or not

what does soon mean? in the next year? or is it past whats considered soon for you and youve abandoned the story?

Back