The avatar of the person above you is going to try to kill you.

I think a cat shouldn't be difficult to beat...
Unless it's a special cat.

You sure some aren`t wizards? It would be a hella coincidence for them all to be female. :D

It is. Arhu, from feline warriors or something like that. Damn tough from what I read. :)

Can't find out who the cat is :(.
@CaesriusPolybius, please inform us! I'm interested!

Also, an Abyss Watcher vs a Black Lantern?
Well, that mixes about as well as oil and water.

The Abyss Watcher might put up a fight for a short while.
But I'm fairly sure a Black Lantern member will emerge victorious.
Though probably a Hollow victory, forgive my pun.

I dunno what your avatar actually is, but if they're at all competant with that flaming sword, I'm boned.

Also, an Abyss Watcher vs a Black Lantern?
Well, that mixes about as well as oil and water.

The Abyss Watcher might put up a fight for a short while.
But I'm fairly sure a Black Lantern member will emerge victorious.
Though probably a Hollow victory, forgive my pun.
Keep in mind that it`s not some random BL mook, it`s Black Hand.

Went to look for a summary on the AW. While it certainly isn`t to laugh at, can it really be that hard for a Lantern? They all have FTL, and flying up and nuking your guy is certainly possible. Not to mention, AW has nothing like ES Lights.

Unless I`m misjudging the situation, it doesn`t seem that hard.

I dunno what your avatar actually is, but if they're at all competant with that flaming sword, I'm boned.
Some normal guy with a christmas hat? I can get away fairly easily I think. :)

Can't find out who the cat is :(.
@CaesriusPolybius, please inform us! I'm interested!

Nope, Arhu, Feline Worldgate Mechanic from the Young Wizards universe(Specifically, the Feline Wizards side-trilogy). Reality warper(diplomancy style), limited by the Wizard's Oath and the fact that it usually has to be written, checked, and fixed like computer code before being cast(For the most part; in certain cases they can just talk reality into doing what they want, it's easier and quicker to do it with the complicated wizardries than diplomacy. The laws of physics can be stubborn). Also able to become completely undetectable by a process called "Sidling," something that they can do without the above limitations.

Oh yeah, and have 11 lives (reincarnation-style), and they may not remember their past lives, or they might. Not sure which life Arhu is on. They can also go cat-angel for a 12th life if they served well, but that's relatively rare, most just go on to Timeheart.
What I just said about him, last page. The same info* is true about all Wizards in that multiverse- they were originally created to combat entropy(not to stop it, just to put it off for as long as possible and leave life as comfortable as possible; when the current multiverse eventually dies, all souls will have been saved to Timeheart and a new universe with a different energy handler can be implemented, and Timeheart can be plugged in. At least, that's how I understood it, that's a bit beyond any wizard's pay grade and isn't really discussed).

*Well, not the sidling and reincarnation. That's something all cats, wizardly or not, can do if they're native to that earth. The sidling can also be done by a dinosaur race that lives 1 universe Timeheart-ward.
For the most part, this means that yes, they're incredibly powerful reality warpers on the side of good, but their bureaucratic limitations often lend them towards seeking more peaceful resolutions, and seeking more expensive, more destructive means could even mean they lose their powers(A process that isn't even held up by the Powers that granted them their powers; if they believe that they went against their Oath, they lose their Art).
And just for fun, a few shown uses for Wizardry: Phasing through materials. Manipulating basic laws of reality**. Making a pocket of hammerspace. Channeling the Powers that Be***. Turning anyone into goop. Causing instant nuclear fission. Space/Time travel.**** 'Patching' spacetime by copypasting a chunk of spacetime 1 parallel over on top of whatever they need to undo(though this is more something that multiple wizards will do after a massive battle that would shatter the masquerade on a world that wasn't ready for it. Like earth.

Oh yeah, and all of this is possible because of the Wizard's Manual, something that all wizards have in some form or another(for cats, specifically, it takes the form of one of the Powers Whispering needed knowledge to them).

**Not thermodynamics; Entropy was created by the Power they combat, and doesn't listen to them except in special circumstances

****This is less an innate thing wizardry does(though it can, it's just more expensive to do so unaided) and usually is done via something called Worldgates, which are basically just always-there open ended wormholes that can be harnessed through wizardries, even remotely. Being part of the Grand Central Station worldgating team, Arhu works on these to make sure they stay in working order- and Grand Central Station has a relatively high number of Worldgates, considering that they're all natural. The Crossings has far more, but that's a nonwizardly setup, most of the gates are artificial in nature.

Blaugh, I think it may be time to switch avatars. One from a series that more people know about(Arhu is from the Feline Wizards sequence, which is a part of the greater Young Wizards multiverse. Author is Diane Duane, if you're interested).

What I just said about him, last page. The same info* is true about all Wizards in that multiverse- they were originally created to combat entropy(not to stop it, just to put it off for as long as possible and leave life as comfortable as possible; when the current multiverse eventually dies, all souls will have been saved to Timeheart and a new universe with a different energy handler can be implemented, and Timeheart can be plugged in. At least, that's how I understood it, that's a bit beyond any wizard's pay grade and isn't really discussed).

*Well, not the sidling and reincarnation. That's something all cats, wizardly or not, can do if they're native to that earth. The sidling can also be done by a dinosaur race that lives 1 universe Timeheart-ward.
For the most part, this means that yes, they're incredibly powerful reality warpers on the side of good, but their bureaucratic limitations often lend them towards seeking more peaceful resolutions, and seeking more expensive, more destructive means could even mean they lose their powers(A process that isn't even held up by the Powers that granted them their powers; if they believe that they went against their Oath, they lose their Art).
And just for fun, a few shown uses for Wizardry: Phasing through materials. Manipulating basic laws of reality**. Making a pocket of hammerspace. Channeling the Powers that Be***. Turning anyone into goop. Causing instant nuclear fission. Space/Time travel.**** 'Patching' spacetime by copypasting a chunk of spacetime 1 parallel over on top of whatever they need to undo(though this is more something that multiple wizards will do after a massive battle that would shatter the masquerade on a world that wasn't ready for it. Like earth.

Oh yeah, and all of this is possible because of the Wizard's Manual, something that all wizards have in some form or another(for cats, specifically, it takes the form of one of the Powers Whispering needed knowledge to them).

**Not thermodynamics; Entropy was created by the Power they combat, and doesn't listen to them except in special circumstances

****This is less an innate thing wizardry does(though it can, it's just more expensive to do so unaided) and usually is done via something called Worldgates, which are basically just always-there open ended wormholes that can be harnessed through wizardries, even remotely. Being part of the Grand Central Station worldgating team, Arhu works on these to make sure they stay in working order- and Grand Central Station has a relatively high number of Worldgates, considering that they're all natural. The Crossings has far more, but that's a nonwizardly setup, most of the gates are artificial in nature.

Blaugh, I think it may be time to switch avatars. One from a series that more people know about(Arhu is from the Feline Wizards sequence, which is a part of the greater Young Wizards multiverse. Author is Diane Duane, if you're interested).
Harry Dresden plox

Keep in mind that it`s not some random BL mook, it`s Black Hand.

Went to look for a summary on the AW. While it certainly isn`t to laugh at, can it really be that hard for a Lantern? They all have FTL, and flying up and nuking your guy is certainly possible. Not to mention, AW has nothing like ES Lights.

Unless I`m misjudging the situation, it doesn`t seem that hard.

I agree. It really shouldn't be hard, at all.
But the Abyss Watcher is a Lord of Cinder.
An Undead who has managed to Link the Flame and thus reached a level to face gods.
The whole undying thing and the Dark Soul he possesses should also interfere somewhat with the Black Lanterns abilities of Death.

But yes, Black Hand will utterly crush the Abyss Watcher.
It will take more than a simple finger flick though, he will need to put in some effort.
But most of all, it will take a lot of time.
Such is the curse of the undead.

I agree. It really shouldn't be hard, at all.
But the Abyss Watcher is a Lord of Cinder.
An Undead who has managed to Link the Flame and thus reached a level to face gods.
The whole undying thing and the Dark Soul he possesses should also interfere somewhat with the Black Lanterns abilities of Death.

But yes, Black Hand will utterly crush the Abyss Watcher.
It will take more than a simple finger flick though, he will need to put in some effort.
But most of all, it will take a lot of time.
Such is the curse of the undead.
Well okay. As I said, not to laugh at but not impossible at all. :)

Considering he`s dead he has plenty of time. :rofl:

How exactly does his undead thing work? Was he dead and brought back or something more along the lines of immortality? Cause, if he was dead and ressurected, theoretically Black Hand can get an extra ring and make him a BL. Hmm?

Well okay. As I said, not to laugh at but not impossible at all. :)

Considering he`s dead he has plenty of time. :rofl:

How exactly does his undead thing work? Was he dead and brought back or something more along the lines of immortality? Cause, if he was dead and ressurected, theoretically Black Hand can get an extra ring and make him a BL. Hmm?

It's a curse.
Never truly dying, always returning until sanity disappears and you become a Hollow.
Many have tried to remove this curse, but none have truly succeeded.
And this is a world where Souls are the very basis of magic.
Even Black Hand should be wary of messing around with even a little bit of the Dark Soul.
One wrong move and it will rampage, causing the spread of the Abyss.

So why do you only need to really kill them once in-game? :???:

To be honest, that hasn't been explained yet.
Some say it's because Time and Space are convoluted, so you only notice resurrection if you experience it yourself.
Others say it's because Gameplay.
And then there's the idea that Boss Souls require a heck lot more time than standard mobs to reform.
Who knows. Personally, I blame it on gameplay mechanics.

It's a curse.
Never truly dying, always returning until sanity disappears and you become a Hollow.
Many have tried to remove this curse, but none have truly succeeded.
And this is a world where Souls are the very basis of magic.
Even Black Hand should be wary of messing around with even a little bit of the Dark Soul.
One wrong move and it will rampage, causing the spread of the Abyss.
Not gonna try that then. :)

Never ever question me.
HEY! Stop being mean to me!

Also, I can FTL away so you can`t land a hit. :p

Hey, is that Xellotath (SP?) from Eternal Darkness? Pretty sure Simon can take her down. Don't know if Ryuko can with her more conventional abilities, but she can kill the mooks no problem.

Standard question: Can you survive my opening volley of city-killing infantry-equivalent mooks or will I need to skip to Battle Systems (artificial weaponised solar systems)?

Back