SV Vs The Whole Chaos World!

(E) munchkinomatic (telekensis)
Name: Myriam
Image:

Personality: Myriam is an unstoppable force of mullish stuborness wrapped in overeager zeal. She get everywhere, butting her nose into everything. If something doesn't seem right, it's become her job to fix it. Her heart is kind, thus her intention are good, but her actions sometime causes more damage than anything.

Book: Psychokinesis, the only spell you'll ever fucking need

Stats:

Strength: 3
Speed: 1
Toughness: 4
Finesse: 2
Charisma: 1

Skills:

Survival 1
Knight Training 1
Blacksmithing 1

Gear: Warrior

Last edited:
Lore

Magic

Magic is the means by which people and creatures do the physically impossible.
In this world it exist in a great number of ways whether bending elements to your will, animating the dead, creating magical objects or otherwise.
However there is one very big universal rule of magic that all creatures and things must obey.

It can either be internal or external of the body.
Various theories, involving ideas of self-hood, the soul, and the nature of magic exist on why this is, however those will be discovered IC.

Internal
Internal magic is, as you guessed inside the body. There exist some limitation that magic inside the body can not exist outside of it.
Internal magic is the nature of magical creatures, and certain people of various kinds that made the choice to be an internal mage.

Internal magic excels at enhancing the body. It can improve any of the stats giving various bonuses as super stats are increased. (Auto successes, 9 again, 8 again,re-rolls)
It can also give special capabilities, like those found within the various races already presented. Scales, claws, wings, extra limbs all come to mind.
Some special capabilities could be justified with just about any internal, regeneration, super stamina, enhanced senses, all come to mind. These are fairly generic effects of having your entire magical power internally.

Enhancing or gaining super stats is just a matter of training.
Enhancing or gaining more of the special capabilities, requires becoming more in touch with the racial aspect that gave them to you. Become more Draconic, or more vampiric for instance.

External

Externals however do the exact opposite, they can only manifest their magic, about an inch away from their skin.
Which means everything I just said an internal can do, they can never do. They can try to recreate some of the effects but it has to be second hand and is inherently less effective.

For example, where an internal can simply regenerate, an external would have to create a healing force or energy in one hand then apply it to his own wounds. An incredibly skilled healer may be able to make that healing spell come out of the wound then be close enough to heal it, and there are important differences there between that and true regeneration.

For flight and external has to make a platform to stand on, or manipulate the wind etc etc. Where the internal just has wings...(If they do).

Externals do however get a much greater amount of versatility, while they will never be as good with elements and magic outside of the book they choose, they can learn many types of magic, and they can with training and practice apply that magic in almost any way they can think of.

This means externals can not give themselves super strength or other super stats and even with force manipulation or telekinesis, it would always be better to just throw raw force than try to enhance yourself, the gap between you and your magic, means it will always be two separate things.

So which is better?

Yes

Internals will always beat Externals in a close combat fight.
Casting takes concentration, fine movement and time.
Stabbing does not.

Externals will always beat internals at sufficient range.
Bows and throwing knives do not compare to lightning bolts and avalanches.

Both work best when working together.
A Pyromancer, shooting down enemy spells and attacks, obscuring his ally with smoke, and then enchaining his were wolf partner's weapon with fire can be much much more effective than a lone pyromancer.
Where as the benefits to the werewolf are equally obvious.

In fact an entire mechanic exist around this type of cooperation which you will learn about later.​
Image:

Personality: TBA

Stats:

Skills:

Survival 1
Knight Training 1
Blacksmithing 1

You probably want to look at this

Discord? The new trending voice chat after Skype? Eh, I'll see, just keep us updated here too!
I will of anything critical.

However a lot of conversation happens there, which I pitch in at, or answer quick questions.

And then there is the gems of suggested book names. "The Fart of War- A Guide to Poison Magic"

Public service announcement, as this info was in discord but not the OP:

Charisma directly affects how many people you can train in an action. Or how many you can train people to be mages (who can then study on their own) Or train to be superhuman warriors.

...Note that this one is going to pretty combat intensive, apparently. Please help us not die?

Its a french RP I'm having with my friends in private online. We created characters using the worm CYOA. We just started and GM made us appear in some forest.

Sorry about that. :oops: I got distracted.

Image:

Personality: Myriam is an unstoppable force of mullish stuborness wrapped in overeager zeal. She get everywhere, butting her nose into everything

Stats:

Skills:

Survival 1
Knight Training 1
Blacksmithing 1

If ya want a Knight build then why take a book? Keeping it internal is best for a Knight build just look at my stats.

*shrug*
I got an idea, wanted to experiment a little.
If ya are still interested then change it a little bit then show it to the GM. We will be both knights ;) . That's going to be useful.
As a human there is no need for Special traits that cost points which make it easy to invest all of yer 20pt on yer stats.

Last edited:
If you look at the map there is a forest a few miles from us. That's why I'm being picked to go scout it since my speed is quite fast.

If you look at the map there is a forest a few miles from us. That's why I'm being picked to go scout it since my speed is quite fast.
Yes, but I thought ya all wanted to stay in the grass field and settle there. That's what I understood. I wanted to move out from there to find a better place to settle in, not necessarly look for civilization.

Don't tell me this was all a misunderstanding. :facepalm:
@dunk1010 Can ya solve the misunderstanding IC?

Yes, but I thought ya all wanted to stay in the grass field and settle there. That's what I understood. I wanted to move out from there to find a better place to settle in, not necessarly look for civilization.

Don't tell me this was all a misunderstanding. :facepalm:
@dunk1010 Can ya solve the misunderstanding IC?
Ok I will try.

But with how I flat out said "Your plan is to find civilisation" and all the IFs I think I might already have. But lets see.

We do plan on settling on the grass because of the ample preexisting food and neaby forest and river.

Last edited:
Oh no that's definitely what we were all planning.

Back