Succubusekai: The Demoness Just Wanted To Stay With Her Friends! [Original-Ish] [Quest]

[X] (EXPLANATION) Tell them (an abridged version of) the whole truth, and use your webcam for proof. Might mean raid doesn't happen tonight, but it would be the most honest route.

The tech simply isn't there yet. The most realistic Vtuber 3d rig is still deeply in the uncanny valley. (Hence why nearly all Vtubers use unrealistic avatars.) I uh, don't remember her name... but I've seen clips and IMO she's fairly creepy to watch. And besides that, 1-1 realistic 3D graphics still aren't a really thing outside dedicated movie studios, teams working on game engine experiments, and the like.

On the other hand, Senaz could try to get a job streaming. No idea how big the consequences would be of putting real magic on camera, but live-streaming as a shapeshifting and magical succubus would get her tons of views. (Those massive consequences, tho.)

This is an option, for sure, though a couple posts more distant than the current tag.

Speaking of coming out, I'm left to wonder how much Helen knows about the history of social justice issues on her past life's Earth. I assume the Compact is casually accepting of different identities. If she's up on her history, she might understand the need for Senaz's friends to let the trans thing sink in before directly broaching the isekai part. If not, she could be a spanner in the works because of people dwelling on something that to her is a complete nonissue...

Some Compact members aren't as good as others, but in general the Compact is indeed casually accepting of different identities - but also PAINFULLY aware of places that don't.

Last edited:
[X] (EXPLANATION) Write-In - Use the webcam to show your friends your new look, but allow them to steer the conversation rather than launching into exposition. Your long-term plan is to ease them into the truth over time, neither directly lying about anything nor confirming things that aren't true. This way, you won't scare them off by throwing too much at them at a time to believe.

Okay, I kind of like this option.

[x] (EXPLANATION) Make shit up and pretend you're on a voice changer to see if that helps with your long-standing gender dysphoria issues you've recently been clued into.

[X] (EXPLANATION) Write-In - Use the webcam to show your friends your new look, but allow them to steer the conversation rather than launching into exposition. Your long-term plan is to ease them into the truth over time, neither directly lying about anything nor confirming things that aren't true. This way, you won't scare them off by throwing too much at them at a time to believe.

On the other hand, Senaz could try to get a job streaming. No idea how big the consequences would be of putting real magic on camera, but live-streaming as a shapeshifting and magical succubus would get her tons of views. (Those massive consequences, tho.)
So what if we back down from "massive consequences" and settle for something more modest? Skip the Real Actual Magic, skip on-camera shapeshifting, and consider what people would find plausible, despite being unlikely, in our own 2022. If a new Vtuber appeared on the scene who had the usual "hot monstergirl" look, except rendered IRL instead of as a cartoon, I think the first conclusion people would come to would be "oh, they're using some kind of experimental deepfake ML tech, like Kizuna Ai was for live mocap". Senaz's friends might know enough to deduce that she can't afford backing like that, but viewers who didn't know her before getting isekai'd would have no such assurances, and it seems like the more likely explanation than concluding that it's not a trick at all.

If Senaz leans into that assumption, she's got enough mundane skills to do quite well busking the internet for USD. What's her bonus to Performance rolls again? Something obscene like +8? I don't have the PHB for this edition but that sounds like plenty of proficiency to "make it big" on whatever topic she'd prefer her streams to cover.

Last edited:

The only thing I know to be a hardlocked fact so far, is her boobs be rocking.
Was that not already a given?

[X] (EXPLANATION) Tell them (an abridged version of) the whole truth, and use your webcam for proof. Might mean raid doesn't happen tonight, but it would be the most honest route.

This .....has turned into a difficult situation, as Kizuna Ai would say. On one hand, there's absolutely no way going back to the old life is gonna happen thanks to dysphoria and such. But on the other hand, it's hard to think of a way to comfortably work with a situation that may end up with a semi-forced coming out. I like the idea of using a voice changer too, though, and that +10? Performance and high charisma should hopefully be able to help smooth over any bumps here.......

[X] (EXPLANATION) Make shit up and pretend you're on a voice changer to see if that helps with your long-standing gender dysphoria issues you've recently been clued into.

As far as YouTube and such, it's a pity we don't have Minor Illusion as a cantrip ( though I suppose Prestidigitation could suit for certain purposes) because we could probably make some money/views by pointing a camera at a wall, using illusion magic to make something, and just record/edit the stuff together to make some weird videos.

Want to make a cartoon? Rig up a camera in the right position and just use minor illusion to make the individual frames in sequence (or create a moving picture if that's possible). Or use the sound making aspect of the spell to create music.

Prestidigitation could potentially also work for the animation bit since it can create illusionary trinkets. Simply have the trinket be a tiny picture or animation cel and take a photo of it.

There could be questions on how exactly you're doing all this animation or music making, which could pose problems if Senaz doesn't know how these things are done without magic... but not necessarily dangerous.

These's also Unseen Servant which can perform "any task a normal human servant can do" including things like mending clothes or serving food. So... we might be able to get it to cook food or candies or make other stuff we can sell.

Actually... we have Mage Hand. If we really want to we could get a puppet and use mage hand to move it around without using our real hands, or have an unseen servant invisibly puppeteer it (though we'd have to provide the voices).

I will point out that the job situation may have an easier solution already described in the first post.

Though whether Senaz wants to put up with it is a good question - her Past Life Connections might push her to take a route she enjoys much less, though.

As far as natural appearance goes, one thought that comes to mind is pairing red hair (either a realistic shade or something more anime candy-red) with the kind of charcoal grey skin often depicted on drow. (That coloration would suggest lighter or brighter barely-there clothes for contrast, in turn, at least to me.) Possibly also go with red eyes, glowing optional. Also leaning towards prominent horns as opposed to cute token ones.

I admit there's a push-and-pull to be had there. On one hand, it's perpetuating dark = evil, but on the other it's subverting the idea that you have to be white to be attractive.

Yeah, money-wise, there's already an easy solution (If not necessarily enjoyable): A pre-existing job. And since Senaz has only been dead for ten minutes on that side of the world, I highly doubt they've been fired. So unless they lose that, I'm fairly sure we're fine for money to upkeep the lair, even if we have to actually show up for work. Though we might need to investigate what is in the bills and what isn't, just to make sure if there's rent the job can actually pay for what the former room-mates were chipping in for previously.

Probably the best option; easing folks into that is probably the best way to go about it, though we might want to be a little careful with the camera. No telling what chaos would erupt if we show up with a new pair of demon bazongas after all, and I think we'd want to avoid killing any of Senaz's old friends from them choking if they're eating at the time :p

Regarding appearance, To second Pteryx, a set of proper horns just seems... fitting for a demon. Like something would just seem missing without them. As for the skin, given that we're not entirely mortal we're probably not constrained to human skin colours, and a dark, dusky purple or burnished dark red seems like a good fit, though it'd work with lighter tones of either too. As for the hair, no real thoughts on the colour, but a ponytail or something along those lines would compliment the horns nicely.

Vote closed
Scheduled vote count started by NekoIncardine on Sep 4, 2022 at 12:21 PM, finished with 29 posts and 17 votes.

• [X] (EXPLANATION) Write-In - Use the webcam to show your friends your new look, but allow them to steer the conversation rather than launching into exposition. Your long-term plan is to ease them into the truth over time, neither directly lying about anything nor confirming things that aren't true. This way, you won't scare them off by throwing too much at them at a time to believe.
    [x] (EXPLANATION) Make shit up and pretend you're on a voice changer to see if that helps with your long-standing gender dysphoria issues you've recently been clued into.

Hooray for the first write-in victory!

Senaz is going to veto her (default) skin being an out-of-human-range color like charcoal grey or purple. "Look, if I were operating in the Underdark or another Drow-heavy region, then that kind of color would make more sense, but it doesn't as much in a surface-based operation - it'd be drawing the wrong kind of attention one way or another." (This does mean that if she winds up in the Underdark, she would consider such colors there.) She isn't entirely sure on the horns, for one very simple reason:

(I'm trying to avoid Senaz having too much Shamiko energy for a couple of reasons, but sometimes...)

I'll be working out her appearance based on the collected thoughts and some shared privately to me for the next post.

Last edited:
So out-of-human skin color is out, but what about hair color? Can we get all fancy with the hair color?

I'm of the opinion that purple hair is always cool.

She isn't entirely sure on the horns, for one very simple reason:

(I'm trying to avoid Senaz having too much Shamiko energy for a couple of reasons, but sometimes...)
What do you mean by "too much Shamiko?" ( :p )
You could also give her horns like Vigna's.
In her E0 and outfit art, they're too small.
In her E2 art, they gain this spiky... fin-sorta thing that looks rather sharp and unpleasant to hold.

This seems in character for her established motivations and friend dynamic.
[X] (EXPLANATION) Write-In - Lie only temporarily! Use the voice change excuse (or just don't mention it and hope they don't either) for the Raid and then tell the abridged truth afterwards. You're not going to let something stupid like your untimely demise and subsequent promotion to deuteragonist/waifu status get in the way of your friends having a good time!
EDIT: Whoops, missed the vote close.
(It's possible the QM forgot something 3.5 Succubi get
Damage Resistances - You are immune to Electricity and Poison damage, and resistant to Acid, Cold, and Fire damage, as well as resistant to Bludgeoning, Piercing, and Slashing damage from nonmagical attacks. "As you might imagine, very useful in far more situations than you'd want to think about."
Technically, their general damage resistance is only bypassed by Good magic or cold iron weapons, not any magical attack, and stacks with their energy resistances. You also forgot the Tongues effect and the daily attempt to summon a vrock (only 30% chance of success though).
(Seriously, Succubus was her solution for that issue, what in the Nine Hells…)
In the between 666 and infinite Layers of the Abyss actually.

Last edited:
Technically, their general damage resistance is only bypassed by Good magic or cold iron weapons, not any magical attack, and stacks with their energy resistances. You also forgot the Tongues effect and the daily attempt to summon a vrock (only 30% chance of success though).
Is it even possible to inflict alignment-tagged damage in 5e? I can't find any references to it in the online material I know how to access, and most spells that used to be explicitly aligned have been changed to being more generically anti-Outsider without referencing alignment directly.

I suppose cold iron could theoretically be a thing, though, since there's definitely e.g. silvered weapons.

Last edited:
Is it even possible to inflict alignment-tagged damage in 5e? I can't find any references to it in the online material I know how to access, and most spells that used to be explicitly aligned have been changed to being more generically anti-Outsider.

I suppose cold iron could theoretically be a thing, though, since there's definitely e.g. silvered weapons.
Smites and certain magic weapons are close enough. Probably Radiant Damage too, but I'd have to look that one up.

I personally took the simplification to "from nonmagical attacks" to be an effort to both be more in line with 5e norms and to not be too busted. Forms of physical DR that aren't specifically overcome by magic or silvered weapons are very much a 3.5ism (which carried over to PF1).

So out-of-human skin color is out, but what about hair color? Can we get all fancy with the hair color?

I'm of the opinion that purple hair is always cool.

Any color that is natural or could be attained with alchemical hair dyes would be reasonable for Senaz to use - purple might draw SOME odd attention because it's got some association with royalty (historically, purple dyes were Kind Of Expensive), but wouldn't be "out of range."

I mean, it in part depends on what the range is in the area we're operating... unless we're operating basically around the world, to be honest.

Super-summarized: Based on the current plan, most of the potential adventure will be on the surface of Aridia, within a rather standard Medieval Europe Analog - which includes trade with the Near East and with North Africa, meaning the range of skintones that would be 'no one blinks twice at it' is quite wide for humans and the other major races.

I personally took the simplification to "from nonmagical attacks" to be an effort to both be more in line with 5e norms and to not be too busted. Forms of physical DR that aren't specifically overcome by magic or silvered weapons are very much a 3.5ism (which carried over to PF1).

This is the specific logic I went with, yes; Aligned damage was removed from 5e, and Cold Iron isn't specified anymore, so I just went with 'nonmagical attacks' , keeping to the 5e style.

You also forgot the Tongues effect and the daily attempt to summon a vrock (only 30% chance of success though).

Rest snipped; Tongues effect will be added to her character sheet; however, based on an obscure 3.5 web article about redeemed demons, no Vrock's going to respond to Senaz's summons as long as Helen is in her circle.

Senaz's appearance will lead the next post, including a couple variations she commonly goes to. I'm starting on it now - it may take a day or three.

Back