I really have no idea where you guys are hearing different voices. They sound like the same exact guy.

I adore this art style.

Also, given Gwen shows up in the trailer at a point when Miles is still wearing the crappy outfit instead of his own suit I'm holding out hope that she's prominent through a good chunk of the movie.

Especially with the comic run ending soon I'd like to see her get more play so the popularity stays up and maybe we get a new run at some point to keep it going.

Also though, Silk getting a movie is cool, as long as they don't do the sketch pheromone thing, but where the Gwen movie at?

Last edited:
The impression I got was that, unlike the comics, Miles is actually going to see his Peter die here, which I think simplifies things and makes his guilt complex more understandable.
Actually I think his Peter probably already died a while ago, though I think the movie will open with Peter's death, and I think that Miles's dad may die in the movie, probably by trying to protect miles from whoever the villain is during the climax of the movie.

So they took the idea of a bunch of Spider-People meeting up from Into the Spider-verse and nothing else. I am so okay with this. I have like 9 issues left in my read of Into the Spider-verse and other then the fun crossovers the main plot is so damn forgettable that it can be replaced by anything else. My only wish is that they bring in Spider-Monkey.

Looks really good, actually.

I wonder if Marvel is hoping this film will get people more familiar with the ideas of Spider-Gwen and Miles Morales so they have an easier time incorporating them into the MCU, when the time comes.

Okay, this actually interests me. I'm not sure whether we've seen the more experienced Peter Parker in a Spider-Man movie, but him, combined with Miles, Gwen, Noir, sp//dr, and, of course, Spider-Ham, Into the Spider-Verse is definitely something I'm planning on seeing.

Also, did I spy Aunt May in the hall with all the spider-suits?

This does look good but having come off the PS4 Spider-Man game I feel kind of underwhelmed by this version of Peter :V

...why is Peni a tiny chibi with a squeaky voice? I liked the whole melancholic teenger angle in her first oneshot!

...why is Peni a tiny chibi with a squeaky voice? I liked the whole melancholic teenger angle in her first oneshot!
Because this Peni is more generic anime girl than the explicit Evangelion reference her oneshot was.
I think I kinda get why they changed her up (maybe in order to make her more ... distinctly 2000s anime for the audience?), but I too dug OG Peni. Maybe they'll keep her music schtick, because her like, relating to Daredevil with how they both perceived sounds was my favourite part of the oneshot.

I guess the real question is when we'll get Peni of every anime genre. Mecha Peni. Magical girl Peni. Sports Peni. Romance Peni.

Having never read any of Miles's comics or really had much knowledge of the character? That scene with his dad dropping him off at school totally sold me on him due to how adorable the interaction between the two them was. Hope they include May as well since that would be amusing

I think I kinda get why they changed her up (maybe in order to make her more ... distinctly 2000s anime for the audience?), but I too dug OG Peni. Maybe they'll keep her music schtick, because her like, relating to Daredevil with how they both perceived sounds was my favourite part of the oneshot.

I guess the real question is when we'll get Peni of every anime genre. Mecha Peni. Magical girl Peni. Sports Peni. Romance Peni.
Nnnnnnno I'm pretty sure the reason they changed Peni was due to "not wanting to get sued over copyright".

Back