Sonic The Hedgehog live action movie

This movie is a sign of how far we've strayed from God.

On the other hand, I genuinely would go to the theater for a Sonic Adventure 2 adaptation. I think that you would need to do some rewriting, but I think there's a story there in the core.

The one thing I always felt that Americans got right about Sonic that Japan didn't get was that Sonic never interacts with any fucking humans. Then Hollywood steps in and ruins that.

That's like the one major advantage that the old saturday morning cartoon show had over the games; Sonic looks weird and unnatural when you put him in the same space as regular human beings; but Japan keeps doing it anyway even though it's objectively weird and creepy. In American properties by contrast, Sonic lives on another planet with a completely different history and the only humans around are both villainous and cartoonishly mutated Eggman and Snively.

How do you screw that up? Who thought this was a good decision? I bet it was that same asshole who thinks that Battle Angel Alita needs horrifying Roswell eyes because "Anime!"

I suddenly don't feel too bad about the Mario movie being made by illumination.

The one thing I always felt that Americans got right about Sonic that Japan didn't get was that Sonic never interacts with any fucking humans. Then Hollywood steps in and ruins that.

That's like the one major advantage that the old saturday morning cartoon show had over the games; Sonic looks weird and unnatural when you put him in the same space as regular human beings; but Japan keeps doing it anyway even though it's objectively weird and creepy. In American properties by contrast, Sonic lives on another planet with a completely different history and the only humans around are both villainous and cartoonishly mutated Eggman and Snively.

How do you screw that up? Who thought this was a good decision? I bet it was that same asshole who thinks that Battle Angel Alita needs horrifying Roswell eyes because "Anime!"
Well until Sonic tries to fuck one of the humans it beats Sonic 06.

Well until Sonic tries to fuck one of the humans it beats Sonic 06.

You say that now, but have you ever known hollywood writers to resist the temptation to include a pointless romance subplot?

Maybe if we're lucky she too will drink the ninja turtles Ooze that turns Sonic into a hedgehog and there will be some dreadful post credits scene where she goes "Oh everyone calls me Amy"

I'm not sure why people keep expecting that when to my knowledge none of Illumination's non-Despicable movies have had a Minions analogue.

Lorax was also insanely marketed. I'd also completely forgotten Sing and Pets ever existed and thought they'd done the Angry Birds movie. Apparently I don't have that good a grasp on their work :p

Not as bad as the worst possible outcome but it's still not good. It's definitely Sonic but every single detail seems slightly off or at odds with another. Like, why ditch the gloves? Why draw attention to that by coloring his hands white? If you're afraid of looking like a cartoon why keep the side mouth?

For me, it seems like the body is poorly proportioned for the character. His legs look too short and his torso looks elongated.

Back