Shadows on the Silverbird (Mafia)

As an infiltrator, this would mean that he has the face of someone who is already in the game. And also... You shouldn't have been able to see his face at all.
-_-

It was the Captain himself the one that give those cloaks, and it really says that I watched under the cloak.

This is the thing, if you're going to try to analyze this looking for mistakes or things like that, you will fail, because I'm not doing anything of the sort, I'm not that smart.

I'm simply saying what I have.

Like, this is not what you claimed your power to be, the actual cop is proven in death now, and you chose to investigate the guy that shot down your attempt of getting more investigators to reveal.
Wait, wait, wait.

How is this not what my powers do? My powers let me see if someone is town a.k.a. a member of the crew, I use my powers on Terra and it says that he has the face of Xerxe, a member of the crew, what's your reasoning?

This is the thing, if you're going to try to analyze this looking for mistakes or things like that, you will fail, because I'm not doing anything of the sort, I'm not that smart.
As in, I'm not doing any kind of trick and manipulation.*

That's what happens when I write fast. u_u'

Wait, wait, wait.

How is this not what my powers do? My powers let me see if someone is town a.k.a. a member of the crew, I use my powers on Terra and it says that he has the face of Xerxe, a member of the crew, what's your reasoning?
Well here's what I would expect your results to be if that was your power.
"QuantumTesseract is a member of the crew!"
"Terrabrand is not a member of the crew!" or "Terrabrand is an outsider!"
NOT
"Terrabrand looks a lot like a member of my crew."

"That is actually this other member of the crew, who already died."

Like, if this is the result of some way he has to conceal being non-Town ala Godfather, it's countered by you saying that was the result and Xerxes saying "Hey, that's me!" or by Xerxes being dead. This kind of result just makes no sense regardless of what Terrabrand is, so I think it's you trying to lynch Terrabrand by saying he is pretending to be the guy we all know is dead already.

NOT
Well, too bad, because that's what I got.

I do find it suspicious though, because when I used it on QT the result was.

"He's a member of the crew."

No tittle or anything.

So I have two different fluff to the same action, lovely.

"That is actually this other member of the crew, who already died."

Like, if this is the result of some way he has to conceal being non-Town ala Godfather, it's countered by you saying that was the result and Xerxes saying "Hey, that's me!" or by Xerxes being dead. This kind of result just makes no sense regardless of what Terrabrand is, so I think it's you trying to lynch Terrabrand by saying he is pretending to be the guy we all know is dead already.
Yeah... last time you were so sure of someone shinobi got lynched and he was town, so maybe rethink a little?

Yeah... last time you were so sure of someone shinobi got lynched and he was town, so maybe rethink a little?
I'm gonna need a refresher on what you are talking about here. Last two games I've been scum, game before that SS was modkilled, I wasn't in any of the games between that and Witches, where SS wasn't in the game, Mafio Party and White Raven didn't have SS... Like, what are you talking about?

Also, "You were wrong this one time so you're wrong about me!" at the exact same time you are saying that I am right about how suspicious that is... isn't a very good argument.

Well, too bad, because that's what I got.

I do find it suspicious though, because when I used it on QT the result was.

"He's a member of the crew."

No tittle or anything.

So I have two different fluff to the same action, lovely.
Maybe it's a specific fluff against the infiltrator if they've taken the face of someone who already died?

I'm gonna need a refresher on what you are talking about here. Last two games I've been scum, game before that SS was modkilled, I wasn't in any of the games between that and Witches, where SS wasn't in the game, Mafio Party and White Raven didn't have SS... Like, what are you talking about?

Also, "You were wrong this one time so you're wrong about me!" at the exact same time you are saying that I am right about how suspicious that is... isn't a very good argument.
Wait sorry, I mean LMBF, my bad.

And isn't about "You were wrong this one time so you're wrong about me!", but more like, you should think a little more before going directly to the accusation part. u_u'

Maybe it's a specific fluff against the infiltrator if they've taken the face of someone who already died?
That's the think, I can understand he having the face of someone else if he's an infiltrator, but he saw LMBF die, so shouldn't he have a different for now? Why he didn't change it? That's my main doubt with this.

Then what's the point?
Wait sorry, I mean LMBF, my bad.
Wait, you mean the guy that I didn't vote against, didn't try to lynch, and didn't expect to be non-Town? Like, the entirety of my point against LMBF was that he wasn't playing the game, has habitually not played the game, and I wouldn't care if he was lynched because he doesn't contribute anything. That's not "Being so certain about" that's "Not caring about" and you'll note that I actually tried to get him to engage and get someone who I actually thought was scum lynched instead.

Seriously.

Archeo, look at it mechanically. If it's a way to be seen as Crew, it should tell the Cop that he's a member of the Crew, not that he looks like one. Especially if the Cop already gets binary results for if someone is Crew or Not.

Hmmm, if that's right, then sorry, if just that I feel that every time you mentioned him, it was in a negative light.

But seriously, look lets assume that I'm trying to lynch Terra, why the hell would I use such a complicate way? Why not simply say that the result was that he wasn't town? Why make it all this complicate? I told you, if you're expecting some plan or strategy, you will find none.

Hmmm, if that's right, then sorry, if just that I feel that every time you mentioned him, it was in a negative light.

But seriously, look lets assume that I'm trying to lynch Terra, why the hell would I use such a complicate way? Why not simply say that the result was that he wasn't town? Why make it all this complicate? I told you, if you're expecting some plan or strategy, you will find none.
The reason would be if you were scum rather than a lyncher, since that way you could (maybe) argue that you'd been framed after he flipped town.

There's no such thing as a move that's never justifiable in mafia, just how likely you expecta given worldline to correspond with the action.

It probably was.
A way to back out on it if he's revealed to be Town. I'm not exactly going to take you at your word that you wouldn't do it like that, so I either have to think that you're the second cop and that the GM fed you a result that means he's a Godfather but not really, or I assume that you aren't a second cop, and that you're either a lyncher or scum.

It's pretty simple. We lynch either you or TB, and then depending on the results, lynch the other tomorrow. The question is who to lynch first. Clearly we should lynch the one most likely to be scum first, so that we have the highest chance of tagging scum and not killing town....

It's pretty simple. We lynch either you or TB, and then depending on the results, lynch the other tomorrow. The question is who to lynch first. Clearly we should lynch the one most likely to be scum first, so that we have the highest chance of tagging scum and not killing town....
...*sigh*

I better bring out the "I told you so memes" folder then.

:facepalm:

I better do my part at least.

[x] Lynch Terrabrand

...Welp, wanna get even more confuse?

I use my powers on Terra last night, my response was that apparently, Terra has First Mate Xerxe face... I don't know what the hell is with that. o_O

Like, this is not what you claimed your power to be, the actual cop is proven in death now, and you chose to investigate the guy that shot down your attempt of getting more investigators to reveal.

Unless if Terrabrand plans on revealing that he's actually Xerxes Clone or something else that makes your result make sense, I'm calling you on bullshit.

[x] Lynch Astaroh-M

NOT

That's the think, I can understand he having the face of someone else if he's an infiltrator, but he saw LMBF die, so shouldn't he have a different for now? Why he didn't change it? That's my main doubt with this.

... Okay yeah I really don't want to claim but this'll look real bad for me if we lynch what is probably a legit cop of some kind given I can't imagine how he got that result if he isn't and we know now there's mutineers who are almost certainly set against town.

Yes hello hi I am not town. I am not a member of the crew. I am a survivor, a Mimic. I was sleeping in the form of a lamp and apparently got brought aboard the ship by you lot at some point, and now I just want to live through this mess.

As a Mimic I can, well, mimic people. I have to eat their corpses to do it, and this gives me a limited ability to use their power, as well as, so far as I can tell, their fluff in the form of absorbing memories. I was honestly expecting to not get a positive result from being cop checked, so I was kinda dreading this, but at this point throwing out the full facts is probably the safest move for me.

I can give more exact details if you want, kinda just woke up. Let's start with the good faith stuff.

I ate Abdbla's corpse n1. He was a vanilla, hence part of why I said I had no reason to doubt him, above and beyond townness. N2 I had more of a choice given we had two power role sounding fellows to choose between, but I figured Hybrid sounded like a vig and something to ramp down kill count seemed more useful to me.

So i ate the corpse of First Mate Xerxes and gained his memories and powers. I'm no threat to anyone right now, he was telling the truth, jailor. So in the interests of surviving, any questions?

N2 I had more of a choice given we had two power role sounding fellows to choose between, but I figured Hybrid sounded like a vig and something to ramp down kill count seemed more useful to me.
Also, I just wanted to state that I personally disagree with this. Best way for Survivors to win is to bring the end of the game faster, the best defense is not having an opponent anymore kind of thing.

Also, I just wanted to state that I personally disagree with this. Best way for Survivors to win is to bring the end of the game faster, the best defense is not having an opponent anymore kind of thing.
I figured I'd get cop checked sooner or later and have to claim and 'I'm not against you' works much more poorly as a claim if I have been murdering people in secret.

Not how I expected getting cop checked to work but I was kinda right.

I figured I'd get cop checked sooner or later and have to claim and 'I'm not against you' works much more poorly as a claim if I have been murdering people in secret.

Not how I expected getting cop checked to work but I was kinda right.
Truly, you are proving monsters to be a bastion of logic, reason, and common sense. :p

Back