Recruitment for an Original-World IC Roleplay - GMs, Players, and Storybuilders

Are you interested in being a player or a GM?

• Yes, not as a GM, but I'm interested in moderating.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Dicription

The Prodigy

I haz returned! ÒwÓ But for how long? UwU
Greetings roleplayers!

Note: GREEN = Message for Interested Moderators/GMs , BLUE = Message for Players

This is a kickstarter for an original-world IC roleplay. Because I'm pretty busy these days I need a couple of moderators for the thread while I'm not there. I know I cannot make this happen alone. PM me if you want to be a moderator, and rate or reply if you would be interested or have questions.

A lot of what I do is little based on numbers, and more based on literary and intelligent argument. You start out with a character sheet, one per player, which lists all of the abilities that you would use in the RP. YOU DON'T POST THE SHEETS DIRECTLY ON THE THREAD; instead, you PM Each Moderator/GameMaster the sheet. I will list who the GMs are publicly on the actual Roleplay Thread with a threadmark. Doing a roleplay this way is much more interesting, because you have to actually investigate who other player-characters and nonplayer-characters are. It's a little more personalized.

I'm not a fan of roleplays where all you do is fight- you don't even know "Why is this fight happening?" "Why are the fighters countering eachother's moves so much?" "Have these characters even met eachother before?" Though I have realized on multiple occasions (unfortunately) that is a majority of OOC roleplay because characters are built for a battle (and therefor the players make their characters immensely OP).

Fellow folk who want to be Moderators/GMs, I will take the time to plot a small storyline with a couple of sideplots. I'll give you the details of the world we are on, the people on it, descriptions, etc. However, I will be expecting feedback from you for plot and subplot ideas. My brain can only come up with so much.

Production of this roleplay will start after 8 likes, and at least two PMs from potential moderating candidates. Otherwise it will not happen. Get your friends involved! The more the merrier!

Last edited:
May I ask what this RP will be about?

Albsolutely!

The roleplay is about YOU- erm, I mean the players... The setting is a twisted future version of the real world. Much of it will take place a post-apocalyptic world. Time travel will NOT be involved, but dimensional travel will.

I will make a list for the races you can be in the game, or if you have a proposal for a race you can PM myself or another GM.

Albsolutely!

The roleplay is about YOU- erm, I mean the players... The setting is a twisted future version of the real world. Much of it will take place a post-apocalyptic world. Time travel will NOT be involved, but dimensional travel will.

I will make a list for the races you can be in the game, or if you have a proposal for a race you can PM myself or another GM.

Sounds interesting, OP. Though, perhaps you should expand upon what is what rather than being a more vague "Cool Things are About to Happen!" (which I assume will).

While I doubt I can involve myself in this RP (because babysitting that's why), I'd probably stick around to see what happens.

Sounds interesting, OP. Though, perhaps you should expand upon what is what rather than being a more vague "Cool Things are About to Happen!" (which I assume will).

While I doubt I can involve myself in this RP (because babysitting that's why), I'd probably stick around to see what happens.

Sounds good! Any suggestions would be apreciated! ^.^

Albsolutely!

Interesting, though the setting is a little vague and slightly generic. I'd appreciate it if you could put a detailed description of the setting on the OP post. It's hard to recruit players/GM when they don't even know what they would even play.

I would be interested in being a player(and willing to offer help in finding plotholes/give feedback on subplots & plots not involving myself).
My only qualm would be that you appear to be looking for a sizable cast of both players and Moderators(going off the 15 likes part here) which inevitably brings in the issues that come from having to organize a large group and progress together in a timely manner. I would like to suggest(instead of having a # of like before starting) that you set a limit on the number of players joining up(say 5) and require an amount of Co-GM's before things begin(at least 2?).

@Hykal94, your avatar is adorable and you should feel adorable.

I would be interested in being a player(and willing to offer help in finding plotholes/give feedback on subplots & plots not involving myself).
My only qualm would be that you appear to be looking for a sizable cast of both players and Moderators(going off the 15 likes part here) which inevitably brings in the issues that come from having to organize a large group and progress together in a timely manner. I would like to suggest(instead of having a # of like before starting) that you set a limit on the number of players joining up(say 5) and require an amount of Co-GM's before things begin(at least 2?).
I appreciate the feedback and help! Yes, I'll put the cutoff for players at 8, not including people who are both GMs AND players.

From my standpoint it sounds like you might be interested in Moderating, which will be great as I have learned it's good to have a Moderator who isn't a GM. Oh, and yes you can certainly be both a player and a moderator. ^-^

I believe what The Prodigy intends to have this roleplay is open for discussion and is more of a outline for what is intended to happen. He, I believe, intends to make the outline for the roleplay with the GMs and moderators once he has a few involved. He intends to have them put in ideas as well as following his main theme of a futuristic apocalypse type setting.

@https://forums.sufficientvelocity.com/members/trung-t-rung.8217/

I believe what The Prodigy intends to have this roleplay is open for discussion and is more of a outline for what is intended to happen. He, I believe, intends to make the outline for the roleplay with the GMs and moderators once he has a few involved. He intends to have them put in ideas as well as following his main theme of a futuristic apocalypse type setting.
Yes. Thank you.

Last edited:
Huh, I've always been interested in this type of... I dunno what this's called, next-gen, true sandbox RP?
While the idea of being a moderator interested me, I'm up to my neck in obligations right now. Not to mention my absolute lack of experience...

Huh, I've always been interested in this type of... I dunno what this's called, next-gen, true sandbox RP?
While the idea of being a moderator interested me, I'm up to my neck in obligations right now. Not to mention my absolute lack of experience...

I totally get that ^.^

Tis why I asked for help lol

Does anyone have anything they would like in this roleplay or think would be an important addition.
@Troglodyte
@Trung-t-rung
@Hykal94

Since I'm thinking of joining as a player,...
I get that this is supposed be set in a post apocalyptic Earth but what's the thing about it?

I mean, will we play as scavenger desperate for survivals in a grounded settings?

Or are we super humans fighting for territory between factions with fancy techs and weapons?

Or something like Armored Core 4 where we zipped mechs and super weapons around?

Just classify it as mere post-apocalyptic is hard to pin down what the player supposed to do?

Since I'm thinking of joining as a player,...
I get that this is supposed be set in a post apocalyptic Earth but what's the thing about it?

I mean, will we play as scavenger desperate for survivals in a grounded settings?

Or are we super humans fighting for territory between factions with fancy techs and weapons?

Or something like Armored Core 4 where we zipped mechs and super weapons around?

Just classify it as mere post-apocalyptic is hard to pin down what the player supposed to do?
Yes. lol

@Trung-t-rung , you can be any one of those...perhaps even more than one (Fallout 4 anyone? Bioshock anyone? Portal anyone?)

So my answer is, yes.

OOCRP = Out of Character Roleplay

ICRP = In Character Roleplay

I labeled it discussion page. Read threadmarks.
I think we use IC and OOC to refer to the thread, not the game it self. The OOC thread is where we talk about the game as the players, while the IC thread is where we describe how Testosterone McMan just punched Dr Evil in the gut and is in the process of tap-dancing on his doomsday device.

Back