Inserted tally
Adhoc vote count started by Mother Nyx on Dec 29, 2017 at 12:10 PM, finished with 96 posts and 37 votes.

• [X] - I trust mother, this must be important, and I'm kind of curious to find out how it works.
    [X] Plan: The Tiniest Overlord
    -[X] - Pick both Perks! Invest early, invest often!
    -[X] Mighty Physique Lv. 1
    -[X] Mark of the Demon King Lv. 2 (But get this one after the Appraisal)
    [X] Plan: XP Snowball
    --[X] - [Attribute] - Sharp Mind Lv.1 - A strong mind and personality are bestowed, giving the character a small immediate boost to intelligence and charisma, plus an additional boost every level. [Cost: 0 XP]
    --[X] - [Unique] - Blessed with Ancestral Wisdom - The character receives a large immediate boost of available XP and also levels up immediately. [Cost: 0 XP]
    [X] Plan: The Right Perks At The Right Time
    -[X] Save both perks for later so we can think this through, there's no rush to this.
    -[X] Mark of the Demon King Lv. 2
    [X] Save both perks for later so we can think this through, there's no rush to this.
    [X] Plan: Example Vote
    - [X] - Pick one Perk, save the other for later.
    - [X] - [Attribute] - Fire Resistance Lv.1 - The character's body is unnaturally resistant to heat-based attacks and environmental damage.
    [X] Plan: Strong Inner Self
    - [X] - Pick both Perks! Invest early, invest often!
    - [X] - [Attribute] - Gifted Soul Lv.1 - A strong and stable soul is capable of better channeling magic without adverse side effects, giving the character a small immediate boost to magic and resistance, plus an additional boost every level. [Cost: 0 XP]
    - [X] - [Attribute] - Willpower Lv.1 - The character is better able to resist mental attacks and traumas through great force of will. [Cost: 0 XP]
    [x] - For some reason, I'm worried about giving up all that information publically. Refuse permission.
    [x] - Pick both Perks! Invest early, invest often!
    [X] Plan: Gifted and Lucky
    [X] - [Attribute] - Gifted Soul Lv.1 - A strong and stable soul is capable of better channeling magic without adverse side effects, giving the character a small immediate boost to magic and resistance, plus an additional boost every level. [Cost: 0 XP]
    [X] - [Attribute] - Lucky Lv.1 - Good fortune is bestowed, tweaking the dice of fate to ensure that events fall in the character's favour a little more often than they would otherwise. [Cost: 0 XP]
    [X] - I trust mother, this must be important, and I'm kind of curious to find out how it works.
    --[X] - [Attribute] - Sharp Mind Lv.1 - A strong mind and personality are bestowed, giving the character a small immediate boost to intelligence and charisma, plus an additional boost every level. [Cost: 0 XP]
    --[X] - [Unique] - Blessed with Ancestral Wisdom - The character receives a large immediate boost of available XP and also levels up immediately. [Cost: 0 XP]
    [X] - I trust mother, this must be important, and I'm kind of curious to find out how it works.

I'll switch then i suppose.

Isn't the vote for the ancestral wisdom literally wasting a perk point, especially if perks are limited by levels? Or have I misunderstood how this works?

I'll switch then i suppose.
You are a saint. By, the way, throw me an idea or two for cutesu Vicky.

Ideas I currently have are her holding a certain magic ball and it shining, her kneeling down and reaching into her shadow, her practicing her punches, and her trying and failing to use a sword.

Yes I see that but if we can only select two perks and one of them just levels us up then why would we take it in the first place?
We could use that on almost anything else and be ahead, unless getting to level two is a monumental task?

Yes I see that but if we can only select two perks and one of them just levels us up then why would we take it in the first place?
We could use that on almost anything else and be ahead, unless getting to level two is a monumental task?
Well, considering the fact that we're only five years old and currently Level bloody 0, it means more than you think.

Level aside, it says we get a 'large' amount of XP to spend so I wouldn't be surprised if we can actually get several skills off of it instead of just one, especially since it's a unique we can only get through evolution perks

Listen if we take a perk that let's us skip the easiest level up then we are actively hobbling ourselves for another level when almost any of the stat perks which cost zero would benefit us in both the short and long term more, the only exceptions is if for some reason getting to that second level is too hard for a child which can't be the case or that XP becomes too hard to come by.

Also as far as I can see age only limits us in what our parents allow so it would be the same if we were level 1 or 2.

Last edited:
Listen if we take a perk that let's us skip the easiest level up then we are actively hobbling ourselves for another level when almost any of the stat perks which cost zero would benefit us in both the short and long term more, the only exceptions is if for some reason getting to that second level is too hard for a child which can't be the case or that XP becomes too hard to come by.
We're not hobbling ourselves at all. This'll help us more than anything. It's a free level for us to gain when we have no readily able way to gain a level. We also don't know how long that perk would stick around. I rather take it now before we find out we can't later.

What I'm getting out of this is that I lack the information required to argue that anyone's position is objectively good or bad. There's still a lot we don't know, but I suspect improving the demon king's mark won't help us much or at all if we already have it. The XP boost will probably at least be enough for a stat boosting skill and then some, or else it'd be a completely pointless.

Still, we don't know how much XP we're likely to get, how easy levels are to come by, or how many perks we'll end up getting. If it looked like it'd win I'd be going for don't spend any perks but if I vote for that mark of the demon king wins and I don't see how that'll be a better choice for us

Fair enough Kitsuneechan.
@Usotsuki Megami what limits perk acquisition, and what stops us from selecting all the perks that cost zero after we finish this vote?

I'm not sure I entirely follow what it is you want to know, but I'll do my best to answer:

Means of perk acquisition isn't entirely known to you right now, but given that you acquired it on reaching level 5 and 'evolving', that'd be a clue. You also got a similar list of options from your Divine Blessing, albeit a more constrained one. If you mean what restrictions there are towards the actual perks you pick, then you're only limited on how many perks you currently have and how much XP you have.

As for what stops you from selecting all the perks that cost zero...if you've already picked two perks, then you won't be able to pick any more of those. You will be able to potentially acquire them using your XP through the normal system, and the costs for doing so are listed in the Skill Catalogue in the first page info post. They are considerably more expensive there (and none are free). Once this vote is finished, unless you choose to save your perks, you won't be able to acquire anything else at zero cost, you'll have to wait until you get new perks that can unlock the skills you want, or until you've saved up enough XP to buy them the old-fashioned way.

Is there anything I've missed out that you want to know?

So, getting these two options which cost 0 XP each is a very good thing.

Oh, I'll also throw you a bone and say that Blessed with Ancestral Wisdom is definitely not a useless waste of a perk, although how it stacks up to some of the other perks is up for you to decide.

Ugh, fine, it's better than the other contending alternative. Strategic voting ahoy.

Adhoc vote count started by Godwinson on Dec 29, 2017 at 1:59 PM, finished with 113 posts and 37 votes.

• [X] - I trust mother, this must be important, and I'm kind of curious to find out how it works.
    -[X] Mark of the Demon King Lv. 2 (But get this one after the Appraisal)
    [X] Plan: The Right Perks At The Right Time
    -[X] Save both perks for later so we can think this through, there's no rush to this.
    -[X] Mark of the Demon King Lv. 2
    [X] Plan: Example Vote
    - [X] - Pick one Perk, save the other for later.
    - [X] - [Attribute] - Fire Resistance Lv.1 - The character's body is unnaturally resistant to heat-based attacks and environmental damage.
    [X] Plan: Strong Inner Self
    - [X] - [Attribute] - Gifted Soul Lv.1 - A strong and stable soul is capable of better channeling magic without adverse side effects, giving the character a small immediate boost to magic and resistance, plus an additional boost every level. [Cost: 0 XP]
    - [X] - [Attribute] - Willpower Lv.1 - The character is better able to resist mental attacks and traumas through great force of will. [Cost: 0 XP]
    [x] - For some reason, I'm worried about giving up all that information publically. Refuse permission.
    [x] - Pick both Perks! Invest early, invest often!
    [X] Save both perks for later so we can think this through, there's no rush to this.
    [X] Plan: Gifted and Lucky
    [X] - [Attribute] - Gifted Soul Lv.1 - A strong and stable soul is capable of better channeling magic without adverse side effects, giving the character a small immediate boost to magic and resistance, plus an additional boost every level. [Cost: 0 XP]
    [X] - [Attribute] - Lucky Lv.1 - Good fortune is bestowed, tweaking the dice of fate to ensure that events fall in the character's favour a little more often than they would otherwise. [Cost: 0 XP]

Really? We're going for the "safer" option instead of the interesting one? What other chance do we have to become the youngest demon king there ever was?

Oh, I'll also throw you a bone and say that Blessed with Ancestral Wisdom is definitely not a useless waste of a perk, although how it stacks up to some of the other perks is up for you to decide.

Is it still going to be available down the line?

(Also, if you're going to argue in favor for that, could you at least balance it out by giving us something on the Mark of the Demon Lord thing? It's narrow enough that just nudging one side is going to lead to that side winning)

Is it still going to be available down the line?

(Also, if you're going to argue in favor for that, could you at least balance it out by giving us something on the Mark of the Demon Lord thing? It's narrow enough that just nudging one side is going to lead to that side winning)

I can't confirm if it will or will not be available down the line, that depends on whether you unlock any similar perks in the future. You can't buy it for XP.

As far as the Mark of the Demon King goes, I can also confirm that it's definitely not useless to pick, and comes with its own significant benefits. I can't say which is better for your situation, of course, but for the most part I've tried to balance them to be roughly equal in value ignoring circumstances.

Really? We're going for the "safer" option instead of the interesting one? What other chance do we have to become the youngest demon king there ever was?
I do not want to become a demon king.

Becoming demon king kills half the enjoyment I get out of this quest.

We already have mad fics and stories for the demon king route, I rather go the opposite direction.

But the title of the fic literally says we are the Demon King, whether we really want to be or not.

Usotsuki to clarify what I meant by that, I was going off of what you posted
if you currently desire (whenever you have unspent perks/gifts or XP that you can redeem, you will always have the option to request to spend them as long as you are conscious.
I didn't see the actual listing and thought the perks shown in the vote were that way regardless of when we pick them the only limit other than shown being our points.
Sorry about overlooking that.

Back