Bugs!
I hit Ctrl during a battle and the UI freaked out. It was stuck as a specific section of my 'mons moves, even when it should have been showing the action select.
I hit Ctrl while playing Voltorb Flip and it did nothing.
Sucker Punch and Judo Throw are both broken and show a (non-crashing) error.
I think this is the most recent part of my error log, which at least has the Sucker Punch and Judo Throw errors.
Code:
Message: undefined method `addUserAnimation' for nil:NilClass
Following Pokemon:234:in `remove_sprite'
Following Pokemon:229:in `each'
Following Pokemon:229:in `remove_sprite'
Following Pokemon:111:in `pbToggleFollowingPokemon'
PSystem_System:163:in `update'
PokeBattle_Scene:1524:in `pbInputUpdate'
EliteBattle_UI:798:in `pbFightMenu'
EliteBattle_UI:796:in `loop'
EliteBattle_UI:827:in `pbFightMenu'
PokeBattle_Battle:2870:in `pbCommandPhase_old'
Exception: NoMethodError
Message: undefined method `pbParnter' for #<PokeBattle_Battler:0x9100760>
PokeBattle_MoveEffects:3167:in `pbEffect'
PokeBattle_Battler:3130:in `pbProcessMoveAgainstTarget'
PokeBattle_Battler:3088:in `each'
PokeBattle_Battler:3088:in `pbProcessMoveAgainstTarget'
PokeBattle_Battler:3501:in `pbUseMove'
PokeBattle_Battler:3475:in `loop'
PokeBattle_Battler:3504:in `pbUseMove'
PokeBattle_Battler:3727:in `pbProcessTurn'
PokeBattle_Battler:3726:in `logonerr'
PokeBattle_Battler:3726:in `pbProcessTurn'
Exception: NameError
Message: undefined local variable or method `pponent' for #<PokeBattle_Move_116:0x9cde3c0>
PokeBattle_MoveEffects:7476:in `pbMoveFailed'
PokeBattle_Battler:2765:in `pbSuccessCheck'
PokeBattle_Battler:3092:in `pbProcessMoveAgainstTarget'
Exception: NameError
Message: undefined local variable or method `pponent' for #<PokeBattle_Move_116:0x9cde3c0>
PokeBattle_MoveEffects:7476:in `pbMoveFailed'
PokeBattle_Battler:2765:in `pbSuccessCheck'
PokeBattle_Battler:3092:in `pbProcessMoveAgainstTarget'
Exception: ArgumentError
PokeBattle_Battler:3130:in `pbEffect'
PokeBattle_Battler:3130:in `pbProcessMoveAgainstTarget'
PokeBattle_Battler:3726:in `pbProcessTurn'

Hmm. Not good.

CTRL is what lets you put your Pokemon away on the field.

I'll have to remove it as it seems incompatible with Elite Battle. :(

Hmm. Not good.

CTRL is what lets you put your Pokemon away on the field.

I'll have to remove it as it seems incompatible with Elite Battle. :(
Have a different letter key do the same thing, perhaps. Left-Shift could work well, or one of the alphabet letters.

Yeah... Quite a bit of level grinding. Blehg.

Do you feel grinding is still bad?

I tried to alleviate grinding some, has it not worked?

DEMO 1-2.rar has been updated several times today. Highlights include a fixed SS Anne Deck, watering can at the family farm, and RANDOM MISTY GYM TEAM. The first of the random teams, all the gym leaders will have them after Brock.

Maybe they'll have 2 teams? Or three?

Heh. :drevil:

Heh. :drevil:

Heh.

Do you feel grinding is still bad?

I tried to alleviate grinding some, has it not worked?
From the brief look I had at the trainers between me and Fuschia, I'm probably going to need to grind to be on par with their 'mons (level-wise). Right now I'm 2-5 levels below what I saw, and I'm about to wrap up everything to do before that.

RANDOM MISTY GYM TEAM. The first of the random teams, all the gym leaders will have them after Brock.

Maybe they'll have 2 teams? Or three?
:o
... Shit.

From the brief look I had at the trainers between me and Fuschia, I'm probably going to need to grind to be on par with their 'mons (level-wise). Right now I'm 2-5 levels below what I saw, and I'm about to wrap up everything to do before that.

:o
... Shit.

I'll gather more feedback then.

Note you only have to win once. So if you lose, you could get a team that is easier for you. Or harder

I'll gather more feedback then.
Something like the Vs. Seeker, or just a place with rematchable trainers with 'mons leveled appropriately, would make it significantly easier.

Note you only have to win once. So if you lose, you could get a team that is easier for you. Or harder
Half my wins have been the result of seeing the team and figuring out how to counter it...
Not Erika, though. It would have been a 4-0 battle if I hadn't gotten cocky with Charizard. Instead it was 3-0.

Delcatty is considerably more useful now! Pre-update, the only reason she could be useful in a battle were Sing and Attract. Now she can do some solid damage.

Nurse Joy in Cerulean has a Slowking! That's new. And it's an Audino in Vermillion. It still says "Bliss!" though.

Ooh, nice. Aron evolves at Lv. 26 now, not 32.

People:"There's wild Pokemon attacking!"
Me: Wanders off to train for a day or two

If you try to leave the S.S. Anne immediately after boarding, you'll find yourself on the dock without the ship. (Passing back through the gate will move you back inside.) You can't get back to Vermillion.
[Later]... weird. I tried again after I ran out of Great Balls, and I got outside just fine, without anything odd happening.

Every time a battle with one of the shinies starts, my pokemon's stats flash in the upper left corner before things proceed as normal.

Giselle has a Level 58 Grovyle on S.S. Anne. I don't think that's intentional?

Last edited:
Um.
With all this talk of losing to Gym Leaders, I'm getting worried for my future Nuzlocke...

Um.
With all this talk of losing to Gym Leaders, I'm getting worried for my future Nuzlocke...
I've been planning on doing something like that, too, to be honest.

Admittedly, the last time I did a Nuzlocke, it was on Pokemon Zeta, and it was also Randomized.

Which meant my first Pokemon encountered was, unfairly; Zygarde.

Huh, after the first Giselle fight, the wild Pokemon are no longer shiny. Is that supposed to happen? I think I got them all by that point anyway, though.

Afterward: Lt. Surge: You'll get off scott free - should be scot-free

Guy in the Vermillion City Pokemart: There are wicked people who will use Pokemon for criminal acts all over the work, Team Rocket isn't the only ones that do it. - work should be world, comma should be period.

The Captain describes cut as a normal type move even though it's grass type now

The policeman in Diglett's cave entrance says it's dark, but it isn't. There also don't seem to be any Pokemon in the cave.

The aide off route 2 says I need 30 Pokemon in the Pokedex before he'll give me his item. I have 49, but he won't give it to me. Maybe he's bad at math?

I can't plant berries in the beds by the daycare center.

I went back to Bill's house, and he gave me a second reward Pokemon. I think that might just be because you changed his dialogue after I'd gotten the first one, though.

Next stop: Vermillion Gym. I'm expecting this to be less of a challenge, though. I have Nidoqueen and a Goldeen with the Lightning Rod ability. Should be easy, right?

Edit:
The third person in Vermillion Gym looks like a trainer (Picknicker) but doesn't challenge you. Are they supposed to?

Aaaand success! Beat Lt. Surge on the first try despite his first pokemon wiping my first two without taking damage and him generally outleveling me. Goldeen and Nidoqueen took out two each, as expected. Cost: Revive x1, Super Potion x2.

Immediately taught Thunderbolt to half my team. Have I mentioned that the change to TMs is great? It really is.

Last edited:
Delcatty is considerably more useful now! Pre-update, the only reason she could be useful in a battle were Sing and Attract. Now she can do some solid damage.

If you try to leave the S.S. Anne immediately after boarding, you'll find yourself on the dock without the ship. (Passing back through the gate will move you back inside.) You can't get back to Vermillion.

[Later]... weird. I tried again after I ran out of Great Balls, and I got outside just fine, without anything odd happening.

Every time a battle with one of the shinies starts, my pokemon's stats flash in the upper left corner before things proceed as normal.

Giselle has a Level 58 Grovyle on S.S. Anne. I don't think that's intentional?

Pokemon Centers now have 'mons that learn Heal Pulse!

Glad you like Delcatty. :)

I can't find the door warp that causes this... but I've moved it up just in case.

UI bug is part of the package, have to wait for an update.

Fixed Giselle levels.

Huh, after the first Giselle fight, the wild Pokemon are no longer shiny. Is that supposed to happen? I think I got them all by that point anyway, though.

Afterward: Lt. Surge: You'll get off scott free - should be scot-free

Guy in the Vermillion City Pokemart: There are wicked people who will use Pokemon for criminal acts all over the work, Team Rocket isn't the only ones that do it. - work should be world, comma should be period.

The Captain describes cut as a normal type move even though it's grass type now

The policeman in Diglett's cave entrance says it's dark, but it isn't. There also don't seem to be any Pokemon in the cave.

The aide off route 2 says I need 30 Pokemon in the Pokedex before he'll give me his item. I have 49, but he won't give it to me. Maybe he's bad at math?

I can't plant berries in the beds by the daycare center.

I went back to Bill's house, and he gave me a second reward Pokemon. I think that might just be because you changed his dialogue after I'd gotten the first one, though.

Next stop: Vermillion Gym. I'm expecting this to be less of a challenge, though. I have Nidoqueen and a Goldeen with the Lightning Rod ability. Should be easy, right?

Edit:
The third person in Vermillion Gym looks like a trainer (Picknicker) but doesn't challenge you. Are they supposed to?

Aaaand success! Beat Lt. Surge on the first try despite his first pokemon wiping my first two without taking damage and him generally outleveling me. Goldeen and Nidoqueen took out two each, as expected. Cost: Revive x1, Super Potion x2.

Immediately taught Thunderbolt to half my team. Have I mentioned that the change to TMs is great? It really is.

Addressed, Surge improved without major changes.

Um.

Nuzlocke without foreknowledge will be a big mixed bag. When Gym leaders are random, even then it will be Chansey.

Trainers are harder, Gym leaders competent, and Team Rocket isn't playing anymore. Pokemon are better across the board.

On the other hand, Pokemon are better across the board. That helps the player the most. Towns have wild Pokemon, giving you eight extra 'mons. I give the GEN 1 starters away like Yellow, so three more. Money and Berries are farmable, depending on how many Nuzlocke rules you're using that's a big boost. I start handing out hold items to help you ~Gym 4.

DEMO 1-2 UPDATED.

Last edited:
story feedback
Can see edges of map on Routes 24-25, I suggest adding more rock.

Invisible barrier in front of Misty, blocking you from moving into that square. Can thankfully still talk to the Gym Leader via the sides.

Can walk through the wall one tile to the right of the entrance mat for Cerulean Gym.

Hiker in the robbed house
bastards

Can see edge of map once exiting the robbed house, with black after the water tiles.

Giselle (random new rival, whoo!)
...finished getting the Boldor and Cascade badges and was looking for you!
Boulder. Music also cuts out after playing once (no loop?) once she stops you.

...newbie like you can roll through the gyms, why couldn't I?
Gyms

...trainer cruise ship called the SS Anne docked in Vermilion City right now.
Trainer, S.S. Anne

Cerulean PokeCenter has a silent Slowpoke (it doesn't talk if you try to interact with it)

Scald doesn't cause super-effective damage on Water type 'mons (don't have specific move functionality coded yet?)

Sign outside Cerulean City doesn't have anything written on it (nothing happens when interacting). It's near the small tree with the Slowpoke girl (...who is also missing a Slowpoke?)

Can't walk into the gatehouse between Route 5 and Saffron City.

After obtaining the bike from the Bike Shop
...flooding this store becasue of you. Just go out there and wreak some Gym leaders!
because, wreck, Gym Leaders

After beating Biker Gang BOSS
...gonna scram before the popo gets here, I'll remember you!
get here

Kid in the Underground Tunnel has no line-of-sight detection, and only triggers battle when you talk to him.

...check for a pokemon eggs, but I have time for practice!
Pokemon Egg

Can use healing items on KO'd Pokemon, even if they don't do anything useful (eg; a Super Potion, which won't heal a KO'd Pokemon's HP)

Fisherman at Vermillion end of Underground Tunnel
...fish are hungrier in Vermilion.
Vermillion

Vermillion PokeCenter - Aid
...to see how your how your Pokedex is coming.
just one 'how your' is needed. Got an extra here.

You've caught 25 Pokemon! Oak will be so pleased.
'Dex entry number isn't correct. As of that moment, I had caught 129 Pokemon, and seen 174. I suspect it doesn't parrot the 'current caught entries' number, but instead a specific one you stated in the text.

[/quote]...let you share experience with that pokemon without it being in battle.[/quote]
Pokemon

Can repeatedly talk to the Aide, and obtain an EXP Share from him each time provided your 'dex has at least 25 entries.
Can I just say I'm loving the plot changes you're doing? From editing how the robbed house in Cerulean goes to the behavior of Prof. Oak, Gary, Team Rocket and even the occasional throwaway line from the Gym Leaders, it's a wonderful way of worldbuilding on the original Red/Blue/Green experience. You're even including people from the anime, and a new rival to boot!

Can see edges of map on Routes 24-25, I suggest adding more rock.

Invisible barrier in front of Misty, blocking you from moving into that square. Can thankfully still talk to the Gym Leader via the sides.

Can walk through the wall one tile to the right of the entrance mat for Cerulean Gym.

Hiker in the robbed house

bastards

Can see edge of map once exiting the robbed house, with black after the water tiles.

Giselle (random new rival, whoo!)

Boulder. Music also cuts out after playing once (no loop?) once she stops you.

Gyms

Trainer, S.S. Anne

Cerulean PokeCenter has a silent Slowpoke (it doesn't talk if you try to interact with it)

Scald doesn't cause super-effective damage on Water type 'mons (don't have specific move functionality coded yet?)

Sign outside Cerulean City doesn't have anything written on it (nothing happens when interacting). It's near the small tree with the Slowpoke girl (...who is also missing a Slowpoke?)

Can't walk into the gatehouse between Route 5 and Saffron City.

After obtaining the bike from the Bike Shop

because, wreck, Gym Leaders

After beating Biker Gang BOSS

get here

Kid in the Underground Tunnel has no line-of-sight detection, and only triggers battle when you talk to him.

Pokemon Egg

Can use healing items on KO'd Pokemon, even if they don't do anything useful (eg; a Super Potion, which won't heal a KO'd Pokemon's HP)

Fisherman at Vermillion end of Underground Tunnel

Vermillion

Vermillion PokeCenter - Aid

just one 'how your' is needed. Got an extra here.

'Dex entry number isn't correct. As of that moment, I had caught 129 Pokemon, and seen 174. I suspect it doesn't parrot the 'current caught entries' number, but instead a specific one you stated in the text.

Can I just say I'm loving the plot changes you're doing? From editing how the robbed house in Cerulean goes to the behavior of Prof. Oak, Gary, Team Rocket and even the occasional throwaway line from the Gym Leaders, it's a wonderful way of worldbuilding on the original Red/Blue/Green experience. You're even including people from the anime, and a new rival to boot!

Do not forget that you read the laptops in the Team Rocket hideout!

I'm very glad you're enjoying it! I felt Gen 1 had decent story that was just never expanded on. I'm definitely trying to stay faithful to it while expanding how it's shown as much as possible.

I have some reservations that I may have gone too far in Fuchsia City. But we'll see.

@wootius
You mucked that quote. Got myself quoted twice, although only a bit of my spoiler remains. And I shall be sure to read those laptops in the TR Hideout, when I get to...the place where Erika is a Gym Leader, the name of which escapes me at present. And raid their Game Corner scam thing.

EDIT:
And~ you fixed it as I was typing. Amusing.

Back