Uh, query: I finally sat down and loaded the game and the game crashed in the first battle.

Admittedly, with the release of Splatoon today, I won't be playing it that much, but could somebody point me to the reason why it's not working?

Your folders look like this? That error means the battler folder isn't in the right place.

It should go:
PR 4\Audio\<four folders>
PR 4\Graphics\Battlers\<a lot of images>

Your folders look like this? That error means the battler folder isn't in the right place.

It should go:
PR 4\Audio\<four folders>
PR 4\Graphics\Battlers\<a lot of images>

Ah, thought the Battlers went in its own folder in the root. Whoops.

I should have really remembered that, seeing that I'm also using Game Maker, but I completely forgot.

EDIT: And now that I started; I lost against Blue :V

Last edited:
I did a thing :V

EDIT: And now I'm depressed a level 4 Pidgey just broke 4 Pokeballs while severely injured.

OMG U CHANGE MY GAME I SO MADDDD- :mad:

Nah, I didn't encrypt anything on purpose. If people want to take my ideas, that just means I'll like their game more! :D

Just don't post plot spoilers from teleporting please. Lots of plot flags come from walking too, so be careful.

Balls should be supercheap.

Last edited:
I saved in the Celadon Pokemon Center, then realized I forgot to patch, and now the game won't start because the map is corrupt :/

I saved in the Celadon Pokemon Center, then realized I forgot to patch, and now the game won't start because the map is corrupt :/

UPDATED AGAIN. ALL THREE UPDATED. ON REDDIT NOW.

If you've been to the Rocket Hideout, go back and look for new items and computer logs!

Route 1 has a surprise!

Save please, if the above doesn't fix it.

No 'you caught a mon' or 'you didn't catch anything' dialogue when fishing

Feint-Attack is called Feint (did you rename?)

The dialogue when healing at the Pokemon Center (at Viridian, haven't tested elsewhere) is shorter and lacks anything when the nurse hands your 'mons back to you)

Can't talk to anyone in Viridian beyond the Center nurse and shopkeeper (maybe my fault for saving at the pond outside Viridian before upgrading?)

Trees noticably clip between Viridian and Route 2 (the maps seem to fuse into one another, resulting in cut bits of tree and ground sprites)
*stares at notes*
Huh. So that's why my spoilers always seem weird; Notepad formatting mucks them up. I blame wordwrap. Also, I appear to have...mucked my save, somewhat. Could you transfer my 'mons & 'dex data to a fresh save, Wootius? I mean, I can always start from scratch, but that'd be a pain~ :D

...I need to remember to save in that letter lady's home every update.

No 'you caught a mon' or 'you didn't catch anything' dialogue when fishing

Feint-Attack is called Feint (did you rename?)

The dialogue when healing at the Pokemon Center (at Viridian, haven't tested elsewhere) is shorter and lacks anything when the nurse hands your 'mons back to you)

Can't talk to anyone in Viridian beyond the Center nurse and shopkeeper (maybe my fault for saving at the pond outside Viridian before upgrading?)

Trees noticably clip between Viridian and Route 2 (the maps seem to fuse into one another, resulting in cut bits of tree and ground sprites)
*stares at notes*
Huh. So that's why my spoilers always seem weird; Notepad formatting mucks them up. I blame wordwrap. Also, I appear to have...mucked my save, somewhat. Could you transfer my 'mons & 'dex data to a fresh save, Wootius? I mean, I can always start from scratch, but that'd be a pain~ :D

...I need to remember to save in that letter lady's home every update.

I touched the message scripts while drunk. :V

Try the new DEMO 1-2.rar. That should fix it.

DEMO 1-2.rar UPDATED.

Is the below meant to happen? As that's a picture of the corrupted area I was showing to you earlier.
I was trying to fiddle with my save a bit recently (the past hour or so), but that was an issue even before I began attempting to meddle. Could just be a graphics glitch from my not saving in an NPC house, though. Also, the letter lady isn't at her place anymore.

EDIT:
Can also walk into the wall of the north building in Viridian Forest (from the right side).

EDIT2:
Seems Intimidate doesn't like working in battles. Got this error from it:
---------------------------
Pokemon Rebalanced: Red v4
Exception: NameError

Message: undefined local variable or method `attacker' for #<PokeBattle_Battler:0x9a946e8>

PokeBattle_BattlerEffects:1067:in `pbReduceAttackStatStageIntimidate'

PokeBattle_Battler:1160:in `pbAbilitiesOnSwitchIn'

PokeBattle_Battler:1158:in `each'

PokeBattle_Battler:1158:in `pbAbilitiesOnSwitchIn'

PokeBattle_Battle:1607:in `pbSwitch'

PokeBattle_Battle:1606:in `each'

PokeBattle_Battle:1606:in `pbSwitch'

PokeBattle_Battle:4133:in `__clauses__pbEndOfRoundPhase'

PokeBattle_Clauses:42:in `pbEndOfRoundPhase_old'

EliteBattle_Battle:257:in `pbEndOfRoundPhase'

This exception was logged in

C:\Users\Liam\Saved Games/Pokemon Rebalanced_ Red v4/errorlog.txt.

Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.
OK

Last edited:
That is a misjoined map on my end.

You save is fine otherwise?
...I think so? Haven't noticed any other bugs, beyond the Intimidate one I just edited my post with. Think I'll avoid trying to mod my save of this game in future, though - 'tis a pain doing it for anything but money, and I use CheatEngine for that.

EDIT:
Just got this error when one of my 'mon began evolving. I begin to suspect I broke something important...
Script 'Interpreter' line 276: RuntimeError occurred.

Script error within event 5, map 36 (Route 3):

Exception: NoMethodError

Message: Section118:531:in `pbEvolution'undefined method `setMessageSprites' for Kernel:Module

***Full script:

pbTrainerBattle(PBTrainers::ROCKETELITE_F,"Jessie",_I("Wait till I tell James about this!"),false,0,false)

Interpreter:243:in `pbExecuteScript'

PField_Field:1162:in `pbEvolutionCheck'

PField_Field:1154:in `each'

PField_Field:1154:in `pbEvolutionCheck'

PField_Field:1280

PField_Field:1276:in `call'

Event:54:in `trigger'

Event:49:in `each'

Event:49:in `trigger'

PTrainer_NPCTrainers:518:in `pbTrainerBattle'

OK

Last edited:
...I think so? Haven't noticed any other bugs, beyond the Intimidate one I just edited my post with. Think I'll avoid trying to mod my save of this game in future, though - 'tis a pain doing it for anything but money, and I use CheatEngine for that.

EDIT:
Just got this error when one of my 'mon began evolving. I begin to suspect I broke something important...
Script 'Interpreter' line 276: RuntimeError occurred.

Script error within event 5, map 36 (Route 3):

Exception: NoMethodError

Message: Section118:531:in `pbEvolution'undefined method `setMessageSprites' for Kernel:Module

***Full script:

pbTrainerBattle(PBTrainers::ROCKETELITE_F,"Jessie",_I("Wait till I tell James about this!"),false,0,false)

Interpreter:243:in `pbExecuteScript'

PField_Field:1162:in `pbEvolutionCheck'

PField_Field:1154:in `each'

PField_Field:1154:in `pbEvolutionCheck'

PField_Field:1280

PField_Field:1276:in `call'

Event:54:in `trigger'

Event:49:in `each'

Event:49:in `trigger'

PTrainer_NPCTrainers:518:in `pbTrainerBattle'

OK

I obviously can't support cheat engine modding... no idea what it changes.

Who was evolving?

I obviously can't support cheat engine modding... no idea what it changes.

Who was evolving?
All I do with CheatEngine is edit a few values, such as the total experience a 'mon has or the money I'm currently holding. Haven't bothered using it with this game since you made the wild 'mons give more exp, anyway. Beyond which, unless this game goes multiplayer I'm fine to do whatever I please to my particular save file, no?
The 'mon who was evolving was Froakie.

All I do with CheatEngine is edit a few values, such as the total experience a 'mon has or the money I'm currently holding. Haven't bothered using it with this game since you made the wild 'mons give more exp, anyway. Beyond which, unless this game goes multiplayer I'm fine to do whatever I please to my particular save file, no?
The 'mon who was evolving was Froakie.

I meant I can't guarantee your save will keep working.

Can confirm error. Will work on.

Pretty fun. Certainly more challenging than the originals.

When Onix uses curse, an error window shows up (but it doesn't crash the game or do anything else bad as far as I can tell)

After you get the Pokemon from Bill, his dialogue is just "test"

Potions only restore 20 HP in battle. (They restore 25 outside of battle)

FIXED. DEMO 1-2 UPDATED. EVOLUTION FIXED.

When Onix uses curse, an error window shows up (but it doesn't crash the game or do anything else bad as far as I can tell)

Thanks for playing. I'll definitely look into these errors in the morning. :)

Attempted to actually put Snivy as a starter in the game, instead of hijacking the Bulbasaur event.

Realized that I'd need to find and change every single event that's based off of the starter choices, because it's 1, 2, other, instead of 1, 2, 3. So, not only would I need to change Squirtle every time, but add in an entirely new portion for Snivy.

After finicking with it, I realized that it completely skipped the trainer fight portion of the script, because I have no idea. From there, I then changed the Snivy script to Bulbasaur, and cried a little inside.

I'll work on it again when I wake up.

Last edited:
Mt. Moon area
It'd be a shame of these items on the counter disapeared
suddenly.
if, disappeared

Talking to Brock at Mt. Moon PKMN Center
...people and pokemon inside since Team Rocket eems to be
igoring it fort eh time being.
Pokemon, seems, ignoring, for the

I'll meetup with you...
meet up

Beating Grunt 2 in Mt. Moon
Crapcrapcrap. what's the boss gonna say if we bungle this?
What's, Boss

Hostage a short distance ahead (girl)
I heard those two stronger Rockets talking
about fossils. Is that their goal?
Looks like you shifted paragraph here.

Rocket Grunt who gives Ether
...I got nothing else to say brat
missing a '.', or perhaps '!'

Most Rockets in the cave seem to talk to you before running up and '!' the player. Perhaps have that animation happen first?

Can't use Escape Rope in Mt. Moon ('It can't be used when you have someone with you')

Some 'dex entries cut off. Perhaps add a second panel of dialogue you can access by the 'enter' key?

James before battling
...grunts has allowed us to make off with the objective and stolen pokemon.
Grunts, Pokemon

Brock before battling TR
Ha, if you thing you can take [Player] and me at the same time you're even crazier than I thought! [Player], lets them out before they get away!
think, let's

After battling J&J
...the fossils and stolen trainer's pokemon too!
Fossils, Trainer's Pokemon

...with the trainers if we didn't come, maybe they've ransomed them?
Trainers, maybe they would have/would've ransomed them?
Outside Mt. Moon
...For 100P you can rent a pikeax and have a whack!
pickaxe

If you say no to the stall guy near the Mt. Moon exit, his text is in black instead of blue

Punching guy
...I train here everyday learning to use it.
every day

Trapinch can learn Mega Punch, despite not having any arms (how?!)

Copycat, if used against a 'mon which hasn't attacked you yet, has you use your own last move on yourself
I'm glad you fixed that bug with my 'mon evolving. Was annoying~ not being able to use him in Mt. Moon. Mainly as he was my highest lvl'd at the time. Now Riolu is.

EDIT:
Cerulean Pokemon Center
They say Bill owns over 400 hundred Pokemon! How does he feed them all?!
four hundred (remove the numbers)

I hope the people in Mount Moon will be ok. Their poor Pokemon are gone though!
OK

Bulbasaur trade guy
Hey trainer, I have a deal for you!
Trainer

I want a Lunatone badly but can find one in Mt. Moon. I have this Bulbsuar I don't really want.
can't find one, Bulbasaur

Youngster in Pokemon Center can block the door and not move out of the way. Elevators to second floor don't do anything (perhaps use a base model for the center, and copy it for each location's Pokemon Center?)

Guy near Slowbro Lady
You can have a pokemon cut it down with the move Cut.
Pokemon

Misty runs a small trainer program of her own here in city for fans of the Water type.
Trainer, here in the city

Bike Shop Clerk
...You look like a trainer, right?
Trainer

Guy wanting Ponyta
You don't wanna trade? I gotta catch up
to Bill and I need to Trade to do that!
Sentence jumps a paragraph, like the earlier reported one.

Gentleman in house
It'll take a truly dedicated trainer to earn enough badges to challenge the league.
Trainer, Badges, League

Each badge let you control higher level pokemon yes.
Badge, lets you control higher level Pokemon, yes

Old Man near Nugget Bridge
The Nugget Path challenge draws a lot of trainers from outside the city, but not many can complete it.
Trainers

Sign near Nugget Bridge
/To Route 24, Nugget Path and Bill's Lighthouse
Remove the '/'

Old Lady in PokeMart
Repel keeps wild pokemon away.
Pokemon

...It boost the level of your Pokemon.
boosts

Last edited:

Mt. Moon area

if, disappeared

Talking to Brock at Mt. Moon PKMN Center

Pokemon, seems, ignoring, for the

meet up

Beating Grunt 2 in Mt. Moon

What's, Boss

Hostage a short distance ahead (girl)

Looks like you shifted paragraph here.

Rocket Grunt who gives Ether

missing a '.', or perhaps '!'

Most Rockets in the cave seem to talk to you before running up and '!' the player. Perhaps have that animation happen first?

Can't use Escape Rope in Mt. Moon ('It can't be used when you have someone with you')

Some 'dex entries cut off. Perhaps add a second panel of dialogue you can access by the 'enter' key?

James before battling

Grunts, Pokemon

Brock before battling TR

think, let's

After battling J&J

Fossils, Trainer's Pokemon

Trainers, maybe they would have/would've ransomed them?
Outside Mt. Moon

pickaxe

If you say no to the stall guy near the Mt. Moon exit, his text is in black instead of blue

Punching guy

every day

Trapinch can learn Mega Punch, despite not having any arms (how?!)

Copycat, if used against a 'mon which hasn't attacked you yet, has you use your own last move on yourself
I'm glad you fixed that bug with my 'mon evolving. Was annoying~ not being able to use him in Mt. Moon. Mainly as he was my highest lvl'd at the time. Now Riolu is.

EDIT:
Cerulean Pokemon Center

four hundred (remove the numbers)

OK

Bulbasaur trade guy

Trainer

can't find one, Bulbasaur

Youngster in Pokemon Center can block the door and not move out of the way. Elevators to second floor don't do anything (perhaps use a base model for the center, and copy it for each location's Pokemon Center?)

Guy near Slowbro Lady

Pokemon

Trainer, here in the city

Bike Shop Clerk

Trainer

Guy wanting Ponyta

Sentence jumps a paragraph, like the earlier reported one.

Gentleman in house

Trainer, Badges, League

Badge, lets you control higher level Pokemon, yes

Old Man near Nugget Bridge

Trainers

Sign near Nugget Bridge

Remove the '/'

Old Lady in PokeMart

Pokemon

boosts

Thank you for those! Addressing these now, but a critical update first.

UPDATED. DEMO 1-2.RAR NEEDED. FIXES FOLLOWING POKEMON.

Ctrl now puts your Pokemon away. You should be able to use escape ropes with it away. Buy a few.

Game deving and alcohol don't mix. :V

Attempted to actually put Snivy as a starter in the game, instead of hijacking the Bulbasaur event.

Realized that I'd need to find and change every single event that's based off of the starter choices, because it's 1, 2, other, instead of 1, 2, 3. So, not only would I need to change Squirtle every time, but add in an entirely new portion for Snivy.

After finicking with it, I realized that it completely skipped the trainer fight portion of the script, because I have no idea. From there, I then changed the Snivy script to Bulbasaur, and cried a little inside.

I'll work on it again when I wake up.

Haha, having fun? Maybe I need a prominent Rocket with a Snivy. :D

Last edited:
Back