Planes and Mercs: Steel Skies (Still Accepting Players)

Hmm... since almost everyone has chosen a maneuverable air-superiority fighter, I'm not sure whether an attack plane, however fast, would help or be a hindrance...

By the way, @Theravis can we buy ECM pods and flares/chaff with GMCs?

In the end, I think I'll choose either a F/A-18A or an F-15 (yay, even more air-superiority fighters). At least the F-18 can provide some AtG without being a liability for the other jets.

In the end, I think I'll choose either a F/A-18A or an F-15 (yay, even more air-superiority fighters). At least the F-18 can provide some AtG without being a liability for the other jets.
I was debating taking a Warthog but then I figured bringing an aircraft that has proper air-to-air capabilities was probably a better idea. If we do need a dedicated ground attack though I could probably switch to an Su-25 and muck about with the load to get things for it.

I was debating taking a Warthog but then I figured bringing an aircraft that has proper air-to-air capabilities was probably a better idea. If we do need a dedicated ground attack though I could probably switch to an Su-25 and muck about with the load to get things for it.

Hmm... I think I'll go with an F-16 then - it's a good multirole fighter and it has a lot of room for upgrades and/or extras as the game goes on.

The notification system hates this RP. It's not giving me alerts for the IC. @_@

Milena "Princess" Ostrowsky (Sideral)
Still WIP, because I can't find the updated rules for loadout cost in the OP. Is everything else fine?

Info

Name: Milena Ostrowsky

Callsign: Princess

Nationality: Polish

Motivation for joining Blackthorne:
Her career in the air-force was compromised

GMC Wallet: 0.2
Skills

Skills:
  • Maneuvering 2
  • Spotting 1
  • Gunnery 0

Pilot Advantages:
  • Artful Dodger

Pilot Flaws:
  • Double Vision
Bio

The only daughter of an important, high ranking officer, Milena grew naive, spoiled and somewhat arrogant, traits mitigated by her apathetic nature but not discouraged by her father, who used his vast connections to cater to her many whims... like joining a flight academy.

Entry test results slightly "fixed" to ensure her admission, Milena nonetheless proved herself to be a fast learner and a capable pilot, even if her attitude didn't earn her many friends.

In the end, her attitude and over-reliance on her family's connections would be her downfall. Following a change in leadership, as her father's fortunes began to wane, so did hers. With few people at the academy willing to support her, her suspect admission was brought up and used against her father - ruining her career as a pilot before it even started.

With no chance to join her air force (let alone that of a western country) - she was left with very few choices for her future. Of these, joining a mercenary company promised her both money and a chance to fly again - so she leapt at the opportunity, perhaps without thinking too much about what her job would entail.
Aircraft

Aircraft:
Mig-29A Fulcrum

Loadout:

• 2x AA-8 Aphid R-60T (3.5 pts)
  • 2x AA-3 Anab R-98RM (3.2 pts)
  • 2x 1000lb UGB [generic] (0.1 pts)

Last edited:
Still WIP, because I can't find the updated rules for loadout cost in the OP. Is everything else fine?

Motivation for joining Blackthorne Group: Her career in the air-force was compromised
Bio:
The only daughter of an important, high ranking officer, Milena grew naive, spoiled and somewhat arrogant, traits mitigated by her somewhat apathetic nature but not discouraged by her father, who used his vast connections to cater to her many whims... like joining a flight academy.
Entry test results slightly "fixed" to ensure her admission, Milena nonetheless proved herself to be a fast learner and a capable pilot, even if her attitude didn't earn her many friends.
In the end, her attitude and over-reliance on her family's connections would be her downfall. Following a change in leadership, as her father's fortunes began to wane, so did hers. With few people at the academy willing to support her, her suspect admission was brought up and used against her father - ruining her career as a pilot before it even started.
With no chance to join her air force (let alone that of a western country) - she was left with very few choices for her future. Of these, joining a mercenary company promised her both money and a chance to fly again - so she leapt at the opportunity, perhaps without thinking too much about what her job would entail.

Skills:
Maneuvering 2
Spotting 1
Gunnery 0

Pilot Advantages/Flaws: Artful Dodger/Double Vision

GMC Wallet: WIP

Aircraft:
F-16C Block 25

Loadout:
  • 2x Red Top (1.9 pts)
  • 2x AIM 26B (1.3 pts)
  • 1x AGM 78B (1.3 pts)

Missiles to 1/15th, Bombs to 1/20th, gunpods remain at 1/20th.

Here you go.

Motivation for joining Blackthorne Group: Her career in the air-force was compromised
Bio:
The only daughter of an important, high ranking officer, Milena grew naive, spoiled and somewhat arrogant, traits mitigated by her somewhat apathetic nature but not discouraged by her father, who used his vast connections to cater to her many whims... like joining a flight academy.

Skills:
Maneuvering 2
Spotting 1
Gunnery 0

Pilot Advantages/Flaws: Artful Dodger/Double Vision

GMC Wallet: WIP

Aircraft:
F-16C Block 25

Loadout:
  • 2x Red Top (1.9 pts)
  • 2x AIM 26B (1.3 pts)
  • 1x AGM 78B (1.3 pts)
And waitlisted.

LOLOLOLOLOL I am 45 year old LOLI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! AND I STILL GOT IT!

*praying*

HOT MECHANIC GIRL! HOT MECHANIC GIRL! HOT MECHANIC GIRL! HOT MECHANIC GIRL! HOT MECHANIC GIRL!

*praying*

HOT MECHANIC GIRL! HOT MECHANIC GIRL! HOT MECHANIC GIRL! HOT MECHANIC GIRL! HOT MECHANIC GIRL!
Yes. (Not the clothes she's currently wearing)

Before anyone asks, I'm taking the name, face, and family. She's not identical personality-wise.

If you know where the character is from... no spoilers.

Last edited:
For the record, I wasn't just going to haul ass out the door with it; I'm going back to pick up the others and implicate them as my accomplices~

Back