Planes and Mercs: Steel Skies (Still Accepting Players)

Ahhh, okay. Game Master Credits? Also, are we buying all of our own missiles and gun pods and such, or will they come with the plane?

Ahhh, okay. Game Master Credits? Also, are we buying all of our own missiles and gun pods and such, or will they come with the plane?
General Mercenary Credits, but yeah.

and yes, you do. weapons loadouts are the following cost compared to a plane of the same year:
AAMs-1/5
Gun Pods- 1/20
ATGs- 1/10

I'm... gonna go out on a limb here and guess that bringing nuclear weapons on our first mission would be frowned upon, yes?

It's true: They're made in 1960 too, so they're cheap. NUCLEAR PROLIFERATION HOOOOOO!

Edit: Cost 2 GMC per, and each only takes up 0.5 load points. My plane can mount up to 18 load points. Conclusion: I should mount 7 nuclear AAMs on my jet.

Last edited:
It's true: They're made in 1960 too, so they're cheap. NUCLEAR PROLIFERATION HOOOOOO!

Edit: Cost 2 GMC per, and each only takes up 0.5 load points. My plane can mount up to 18 load points. Conclusion: I should mount 7 nuclear AAMs on my jet.
Doo eet.

We didn't join a mercenary company to follow the rules now, did we? XD

I suspect that when Theravis gets back he's going to discourage that... if not, we are going to be the first PMC to have war declared on it by the UN.

I suspect that when Theravis gets back he's going to discourage that... if not, we are going to be the first PMC to have war declared on it by the UN.
Oh good sir, you have no idea what happened 35 years ago in game XD

Technically it's still playing out, but if the UN doesn't declare war on somebody, I'll eat my hat.

You two are crazy af.....I LIKE IT! Too bad I cant get any of the experimental testbed planes. Oh well. Gonna settle for a SU-27 for now before upgrading to SU-33 then to SU-47. Huehuehue. Damn expensive. 1984 SU-27.

@Theravis can we mix and match the planes and loadouts? Like if im British but use a Russian plane with an American Loadout?

What are the rules on the Generic UGBs because they have no year.

Last edited:
Just read the rest of the OOC.
I'm... gonna go out on a limb here and guess that bringing nuclear weapons on our first mission would be frowned upon, yes?
Doo eet.

We didn't join a mercenary company to follow the rules now, did we? XD

No. Just.... no.

You don't even have to target-lock with a nuke. Though I have heard nukes in tabletop described this way:
"This is your map." *takes out tabletop game mat*
"This is your map with nukes." *Puts lighter to it.*

Yes I know but I meant that there's a 2000 lbs. UGB then a 1000, 500, 250, and they're all treated as being from 1951?
Yep.

They're 1) Crappier than national variants
and 2) I will smack you if you abuse my lack of complex economic systems. I'm usually a pretty lenient guy until someone starts abusing the system.

Yep.

They're 1) Crappier than national variants
and 2) I will smack you if you abuse my lack of complex economic systems. I'm usually a pretty lenient guy until someone starts abusing the system.

I don't have much GMC tbh. So im going Ground Attacker since I only have one missile. Oh but if I buy two gunpods of the same type, will that double my ammo?

Name: Shurelia Barsett

Callsign: Silver

Nationality: British

Motivation for joining Blackthorne Group: As Shurelia would learn, not many groups would allow a 45 year-old lady to join their air force, no matter how qualified they are. Blackthorne is the one of the last groups Shurelia would apply for in order to come back to the Skies, the Skies which she desperately wants to be in and would fight fiercely for.

Picture or Description: WIP

Bio: Abandoned as a child in front of an orphanage, Shurelia was raised by the caretaker, a retired soldier. Growing up, she developed an independent streak, one that would always get her in trouble, from big to small. One day, after graduation from high school, Shurelia decided that a desk job wasn't something she was suited for and she definitely wasn't patient enough to go to college. So she decided to fight for her country. To her, there wasn't really much to it. The only problem was, what branch should she join? After a few minutes she flipped a coin that would decide her fate.

To Shurelia, the Air Force was something that she would come to love. Not because she was being trained, nor was it because it taught her many skills that she would use for the rest of her life. It was because the Air Force allowed her to be in the one place that would give her the ultimate feeling of being independent, of being free. It allowed her to be......in the Skies. The skies was her home, the one place where she was truly free. At the same time, she knew that it was also home to others, others that would, like her, defend their home.

After retiring from the Royal Air Force after twenty-seven years of service, Shurelia settled on a privately owned island to enjoy her life.....for about two months. It first started with some uneasiness, as if she didn't belong. She first thought it was her being sick and got a checkup, multiple times at that. Each doctor that examined her found symptoms of uneasiness but were baffled as to what was the cause. This continued for a month before it just struck her. The Skies. The skies were calling her. She wasn't home until she was in the skies. With that in mind, she applied to join the Blackthorne Group as a pilot.....a pilot with years of service and a kill count to match.

Spotting: 0
Maneuver: 2
Gunnery: 1

Sharp Cornering - Increase your maneuverability by one step.

Flies Like Grandma - Max Speed -2.

Su-27 Flanker-B (34)
  • AAM - 1x AA-5 Ash (R-4T) (3)
  • Gun Pod - UPK-23-250 GSh-23L (0.9)
  • ATG - 3x 1000 lb. UGB, 8x 500 lb. UGB (1.1)
Accepted.

And you may want to do more guns, less bombs, and try to fit in another AAM.

Back