[x] ...sad.

Meanwhile, Wendy's on the side staring at the Tenereian assassin who just got splattered and having flashbacks to all the times she had to spar with Buster Sword Neianne.

Last edited:
[x] ... Grim.

It's hard and sad but there's more of this in the future. May as well start shoring up on the worse of it.

Though I expect our little Dryad to feel sick and sad or a mix once it settles down.

[x] ... Grim.

Glad to see there have been no deaths, still her plan failed, better to start moving out to check on the other dorm.
Can we inform everyone the info we overhead urgh!
Adhoc vote count started by Jrin on Mar 22, 2018 at 3:54 AM, finished with 656 posts and 21 votes.

Adhoc vote count started by Jrin on Mar 25, 2018 at 9:32 AM, finished with 666 posts and 28 votes.

Last edited:
Hrrm...
IDK about you guys but I'm not interested in the sad vote-Buster swords are very deadly, as we can see here, and it's not like we didn't get a head's up about this... I think I'm actually drawn most to Thrilled, since it kinda draws a parallel to Elizabeth that Neienne might not be keen on hearing...At first.
[X] Thrilled

Right, forgot my vote.

[x] ...nothing.

Don't feel like having her second-guess herself when it's time to fight some. Buster Sword means there is very few cases of 'non-lethal injury' when it connect with someone properly. But since I,m not too sure about pride or thrill either, I'll go with this.

Right, forgot my vote.

[x] ...nothing.

Don't feel like having her second-guess herself when it's time to fight some. Buster Sword means there is very few cases of 'non-lethal injury' when it connect with someone properly. But since I,m not too sure about pride or thrill either, I'll go with this.

That would make smol Dryad feel exactly nothing towards the act of killing. Maybe you should switch to grim since there's little good about what we did and what happened, and the woman killed was still a person in the end.

This way Neianne would feel something and be less sucesptible to hesitating in the future. It's part of being a Merc to kill and even the sad option has merit than feeling 'nothing'.

That would make smol Dryad feel exactly nothing towards the act of killing. Maybe you should switch to grim since there's little good about what we did and what happened, and the woman killed was still a person in the end.

This way Neianne would feel something and be less sucesptible to hesitating in the future. It's part of being a Merc to kill and even the sad option has merit than feeling 'nothing'.
Not too sure about this. But I will think some more on it.

Still, ultimately, keeping on the defensive was not a bad idea. Maybe not the most optimal, but hey: it forced the assassins to come to us instead of lying in ambush for possibly anyone that would have tried to rush down to flee. Where they found themselves badly outnumbered. Guess they really underestimated the trainees here.

Elizabeth may have called Lucille an idiot, but I also believe Elizabeth hate staying on the defensive and waiting to start with.

I'm voting sad because I think she'd regret that they had to fight, but not what she did in the fight(that'd be revulsion or the like). If it could have been avoided it'd be nice, but life is sad and now she has to paste you. Possibly while apologizing.

I'm voting sad because I think she'd regret that they had to fight, but not what she did in the fight(that'd be revulsion or the like). If it could have been avoided it'd be nice, but life is sad and now she has to paste you. Possibly while apologizing.
We can't be sad over every single dead body. We're a mercenary, we can't avoid killing people. Being sad about having to fight just means Neianne picked the wrong occupation.

[x] grim

While this is a person, and yada yada, she already helped kill two people we know of in this hall. She was trying to kill us. She was part of ambushing cadets into thinking help had arrived, so they could kill more.

This is not a happy night, but we did what we could to get through to morning.

OOC, I'm amused that we're still the only one that's getting proper XP out of this misadventure. But the holing up in the rooms was dumb. Going on defensive is not a bad plan, but how it was done was really stupid, we should all be in one place with a proper perimeter. There was nothing stopping these people from just barricading the doors and setting the place on fire. We should have at least just secured both ends of the hallway, splitting the group in 2 instead of a half-dozen smaller groups.

OOC, I'm amused that we're still the only one that's getting proper XP out of this misadventure. But the holing up in the rooms was dumb. Going on defensive is not a bad plan, but how it was done was really stupid, we should all be in one place with a proper perimeter. There was nothing stopping these people from just barricading the doors and setting the place on fire. We should have at least just secured both ends of the hallway, splitting the group in 2 instead of a half-dozen smaller groups.
Get in another direwolf and see how long that perimeter hold. Also, we had windows if they bothered to try fire for some reason.

What was forgotten was thinking up some sort of secret question to confirm who was at the door that any hostile couldn't answer. Like, say, how did Neianne fool a wyvern before.

[x] ...proud.

I'm sort of surprised at myself to be voting this way, but I think this would be an interesting direction to go.

[X] ... Grim.

Not exactly going to go with sad since we did know at some point we'd have to kill someone in our line of work, so we'd have that eventuality in mind while we were here. And we did have a moment to consider before entering that fight, so it wasn't entirely out of nowhere. Mostly not going with proud since this in particular was a result of blind flailing, so not like we can say we tried for this result and succeeded rather than them lethally screwing up their escape.

Back