Apologies for the lack of updates. Seriously just had random stuff come up that stopped writing. I'm partway through the update but progress is a little slow.
Take your time. Real Life takes precedence over writing a story on a forum. We your loyal fans are patient and will continue too wait until the Heat Death of the Universe.

[X]Plan Hyrulean Resources
-[X]Zelda and Malon concentrate on gathering everything from the farm that Malon wants to bring. Mipha gives Midna her bracelet so she can help.
-[X]Paya concentrates on prepping Romani and Irene ready for transportation.
-[X]Ask Mipha to create pitfalls.
-[X]Link and Proxi move hay bales to create a burnable blockade. Link moves things with his super-hylian strength while Proxi helps scout locations.

You nod at Paya, "Irene and Romani need to be prepped to leave, do you think you could make a temporary stretcher for them so we can load them onto the cart?"

Paya nods, "Y-yes. I-I'll get right on it!"

"Be sure to ask Mipha to hand her bracelet over to Midna to help with packing, need her help outside."

She looks at you, worry and fear on her face "A-are we going to be attacked?" She asks, voice trembling with more than her usual nervousness.

"Hopefully not, but we can put something up that's a deterrent for any patrols that come investigating," You try to reassure her, but you can see the worry still plain in her expression. She turned away, disappearing up the stairs with a wave of white hair. You waited a moment, then followed after her up the stairs before turning to your room. Closing your door behind you and taking a deep breath you set the master sword down, and look towards the armour and green tunic you had set to the side.

It wasn't long until you had all your gear on, shield and sword hanging from your back as you don your cap. You spend a moment to carefully gather the rest of your things, leaving them for the others to use the bracelet on. Heading out of the room and back down the stairs you pass your frantic friends and step out the door, where Mipha was patiently waiting, the red-scaled Zora fidgeting anxiously with her trident before she noticed you and immediately stood up straight.

"Link? You wanted me for something?" She asks, looking concerned. You don't doubt she suspected something might be up. But... you couldn't ask her to stay with you. To force her to potentially kill again, to hurt people who might be just doing their jobs. The other's needed her so much more.

You nod, "Yeah, want to stop anyone from investigating so I thought about putting up some barriers and pitfalls. Could you help with that?"

"Of course, but..." She pauses, worry clear in her catlike eyes, "Are you worried about what might come for us?

"I'm worried someone will see us and try to get a closer look. Better they get deterred or stuck for a bit before they run off and get reinforcements. Even if we can delay them a few moments it might just be enough to let us escape," You tell her, not a full lie. You genuinely hoped it would delay.

But some part of you knew better.

Mipha just simply nods, glancing over to the gate of the Ranch with clear apprehension, her already slit pupils narrowing even more as she bites her lip with her shark-like teeth, her expression though different from Hylian features clearly one of apprehension, "I'll do it. It's... It's better if they have a few sprains and cuts then us needing to act."

You can't meet her eyes.

You watch her for a moment as Mipha hurries over to the entrance, her aquatically suited body making her gait notably different from a human's even if she still moved with surprising grace across the dirt, her fins flexing with the anxiety you could see in every fibre of her being as the gravity of the situation had fully settled over you all. You watch as she holds aloft her trident as water begins to pull itself from the air, swirling around the trident like shimmering ribbons. Then the air shrieks as a jet of water shot out at impossible to follow speeds, the ground in front of Mipha detonating, heaving as though a giant Hinox had reached down and scooped out a chunk of earth and sent it flying, scattering out toward the road. Then the ground shook before geysers of mud erupted all around the hole she had dug, spraying everything around her in dirt as deep pits formed a latticework of pitfalls. As the last piece of mud hit the ground she twirled her trident around before slamming the blunt end into the ground. Water suddenly swirled around her, scouring every last speck of dirt from her form. It was an awesome display of magical might, you couldn't help but wonder how many would actually stick around to fight someone capable of those feats. She looks over to you, shimmering from the water droplets clinging to her scarlet scales and you give her a shouted thank you and thumbs up before turning towards the barn, just catching sight of Mipha noticing the others struggling to hitch up the horses and running over to assist.

Stepping in you take note of the bales of hay, you'd bought a lot of feed for the animals, most of it would likely be picked up by the others using the Sheikah Slate but now you had to find which were the most flammable. If only a certain fairy was around to-

"Link?"

You turn around to see the small glowing light and gently fluttering wings of the fairy Proxi bobbing up and down in the doorway of the barn.

You open your mouth to say something to her, greet her but the fairy immediately cuts you off with a concerned voice "You're planning to fight people, aren't you?"

"Yes," You tell her after a long sigh, "Even if they don't know our plan with Irene falling ill and the massive area of dead plants that caused I know... whatever is behind the scenes here will want the Gorman's to respond or watch the place, and they will see the gate activate. I don't expect an army... but I do expect a fight."

"And... you don't want the others to hurt people..." Proxi quietly responds, her wings drooping slightly.

You just nod.

"B-but you'll be fighting a bunch of people by yourself!" The fairy suddenly shouts, zipping over to your face and bobbing up and down rapidly. You can just make out in the light the tiny figure of a girl frantically waving her arms, "I-if monsters show up or something worse who will make sure you don't get hurt!?"

"I'll be fine," You tell her, "As long as we can get everyone away I can deal with whatever comes after me."

"No! No no no!" She shouts, and you feel tiny fists beating at your nose as the light gets so bright you have to close your eyes, "I'm sticking by you so you don't get hurt! That's what us fairies do! So you better just accept the help buster!"

"Okay! Okay!" You shout, recoiling a bit, "Ooooooooow my eyes!"

The blinding light dissipates, and the small sphere shifts into more of a tiny glowing person, "Oh um... Sorry," The fairy mumbles, trailing off slightly before quickly darting around the barn, "Sooo why are you in here again?"

"I'm looking for the most flammable haystacks. Something to create a burning barricade or a distracting blaze with," You tell her as you rub your eyes, you'll be seeing spots all day after this.

"Oh! I can help with that!" Proxi shouts, zipping around the barn, pausing occasionally above a bale of hay muttering to herself. After a few minutes, she suddenly zips back towards you stopping in midair in front of your face, "I found the most flammable bales of hay Link!"

"Oh uh... excellent!" You say, honestly surprised at how quickly she figured it out, "Could you point out which ones and then I'll move them?"

You swear you see the fairy give you a salute and then she zips off again, hovering over a bale of hay and actually changing colours, flashing noticeably and sprinkling a cloud of glowing dust on it that seemed to highlight the bale of hay in a way that instantly drew the eyes. It was remarkable how easy it made to spot things. In fact... could it help in combat, let you casually lock onto enemies so you never miss? No that'd be ridiculous... or is it?

You weren't given long to ponder it though, work needed to be done. Walking over to the bale of hay you lifted it onto your shoulder, only pausing a moment to notice you barely felt the weight before you carried it out of the barn. Then Proxi highlighted another bale, and another and another as the two of you set to work, a significant pile building outside the barn.

Then came setting them up, Proxi again proving invaluable as she helped you set up the bales of hay, each one placed far enough apart that they're not the most effective barricade but close enough together that with a single swing of your boomerang a wave of fire would engulf whoever ran at you. Of course, at worst it would result in some burns and singed clothes but it'd keep whoever tried to break past you away.

Setting down a simple brazier filled with a few dry pieces of wood, old cloth and torches you find with Proxi's help you begin to feel droplets hit you, only a few at first but quickly building towards a torrent as the sky rapidly begins to darken above you and a rumble could be heard in the distance.

++++
You retrieve your bracelet and spend the rest of the day assisting the others in preparing to move everything from the portal as the rain pours down on all of you, none of them making a single comment to the defences you had erected. It was incredible just how quickly the house had been rendered completely barren of any trace it had been occupied as you all set to work, and soon you were all outside trying to force a bunch of uncooperative animals to the still unactivated gate sitting in the middle of a muddy field, cloaks all drawn up tight to you. Malon, now sporting a hooded poncho over her mud-splattered clothing, seemed to take charge as she shouted over the crashing thunder and deafening rain to direct you all. Still more than once she slipped and you had to pull her up, the girl's red hair matted to her head with mud as she pulled her hood back up and went back to directing.

If she felt anything for abandoning her home she didn't show it. In fact, you weren't sure she cared for it at all now, if you asked she'd probably burn it to the ground. All for the promise of saving her sister who was being loaded up onto the wagon next to the feverish Irene, Paya dabbing her forehead with a cool cloth as she sat next to her. The wagon was under an awning that thankfully kept them out of the rain, though Zelda was assisting in getting a cover overtop to keep the rain off them.

Of course, trying to push some uncooperative cattle with the constant crashing of thunder even with a helpful Sif barking at them proved to be a dangerous business and more than once one of you was sent to the ground, clutching bruised or cracked ribs. Mipha though was immediately there to heal whoever was injured, the rain seeming to swirl around her and glow as it raced to wherever the injury was and removing any trace of it on their flesh. Then she was off, the only one of your group not shivering as the rain pelted her.

Soon though the only light was the flashing of lightning, some even getting dangerously close and nearly deafening you all as a powerful blast sent an explosion of dirt and stone into the air from a nearby field until it was swallowed again by darkness. Lanterns were lit, shaking ominously in the wind as the lights inside seemed to flicker.

The hour to activate the portal had arrived. Shouts, barely heard over the wind, came from your friends as you could see Zelda trying to pull out her slate. Every eye moving towards the gate as the Princess stepped up to up, tangled up in her cloak that was so drenched it seemed to weigh her down.

"I'm going to do a quick run around, make sure we didn't leave anything!" You shout as you slip away. You aren't sure any of them heard.

"Link, are you sure someone will come to investigate in this weather?!" You hear Proxi shout into your ear, your hat pulled down low enough on your head she only needed to pop her head out to reach your ear.

You don't say anything, heading to the braiser you had set up. Thankfully it was the type that could be covered and with your back to the wind you set to work lighting it. To your relief, it manages to light and you quickly light a torch, the flame low in the wind. Practically cradling it you quickly run to the hale bales and practically ram it in. For a moment it steams, then it glows and then flames begin to form even in the wind. You step back, enjoying the temporary feeling of heat.

Then the whole field is illuminated in blue light.

You turn, seeing the Shiekah gate burst into light as a wall of light forms in its arch. It was bright enough to leave an afterimage, but not so bright as to blind you and you quickly reignite your torch and begin to make your way to the other hay bales. Soon each was alight, a dull orange glow and a welcome heat to contrast the light illuminating the cattle beginning to be herded through. You imagine Irene and Romani were already through, out of the wind and rain. Things actually seemed to be progressing at a steady clip. You might even be able to make a hasty retreat after temporarily impeding what you knew was coming. The flicker of dozens of lantern lights in the distance told you.

There were only a few horses, most choosing to sit in covered lanterns. All bore the armour that marked them as servants of the Gorman's. They were all armed, spears and swords most prominent among them. You could even see those golems, marching in lockstep behind them heedless of the rain, glowing eyes visible in the darkness. The men looked miserable, angry that they had been called out though none seemed to direct their rage towards those who had brought them out, instead fixating on you.

There had to be over fifty men and golems, maybe even a hundred. They didn't charge, instead stopping in front of the gates. They seemed to know you had prepared traps. They did point their spears and swords at you. You wondered for a moment how you looked, cloak hanging from your frame as your hat flopped in the wind. Whatever menace you had from being highlighted by the burning hay bales was thoroughly quashed by the weather.

There was a shifting in the crowd, men parting as a carriage pulled up. Golems formed around it, not men and you watched as the doors were flung open. One golem got on its hands and knees, becoming a footstool for the two figures that emerged.

They were dressed finely, if bright blue and orange could be considered in fashion. Their ruffled collars were beaten down by the rain, as their vests strained to contain their potbellies. Each slipped in the mud, their shoes not made for this weather as the hose they wore even in the darkness gave you too much of a look at how they looked below the waist. The two Hylian men glared at you under bushy eyebrows, their large moustaches twitching as they slowly began to drop from the water. One snapped a finger and two men slowly ran up, unfurling umbrella's to shelter them from the rain as another shined a lantern in your face.

"And just WHO is this boy?" One of the Gorman brother's asks looking towards the soldiers around him.

"Sire! We believe he's the one male individual spotted at the ranch!" A soldier quickly responds.

"What does it matter brother? Look! She's trying to escape with the cattle through that portal just as it said!" The other Gorman responds.

"Ooooh that little harlot, I knew we shouldn't have waited! Forget the laws, dispose of the boy and bring us the woman! All of them!" The first Gorman shouts to his men.

"NONE OF YOU SHALL PASS!" You suddenly roar, and with one swift movement you draw the master sword. If the portal was bright the sword was blinding. Blue light poured from it, dancing along its edge like flames as the air seemed to hum around it. Even the light of the burning haybales seemed to disappear as the entire scene was bathed in this light. Men and inexplicably Golem recoiled, backing up as you glared at them, the rain and wind no longer seemed to bother you as strength flooded your limbs.

Before any of them can even react to what was happening you almost lazily swing the blade. There was a rush of air, a flash and a wave of energy suddenly erupted from the master sword. It shot past the Gorman's and struck their carriage. Like a bomb the wave of energy detonated as it hit with another flash of blue light, shattering the carriage as broken wheels and bits of wood tumbled into the golems and soldiers and sending the horses off running in a panic.

"Leave now, return to your homes! But mark my words ANY who try to approach will fall!" You shout again, standing resolute.

Men started to back away nervously, you began to notice crossbows being lowered now that there was enough light to see. The Gorman's, however, looked absolutely furious.

"He has a magic sword! How dare such a thing not be confiscated! Oh you thought you were clever boy!" One of the Gorman's spits out.

"He must think he's better than us! The Gorman brothers! Oh we know boy about the women with you! Beauties all, woo'd by that blade no doubt! Oh, they'll have quite a debt to work off as servants!" The other sneers at you.

"Yes yes! Soldiers, capture the boy alive! He dares claims things that should be ours! Oh you'll live to regret that boy, thinking you're some type of-"

"Hero..."

The voice that cut through the air made all of you freeze. The Gorman's looked around shocked, and you couldn't help but take your eyes off them to look around for the voice that had reached all your ears. For nothing human could have a voice like that. The voice of men, woman, children all speaking in unison as something dark and alien lay underneath it all. Yet it didn't seem like multiple people were speaking, no it was one voice that combined it all into an assault on the senses.

"I smell him..." The voice says again,"I smell the hero. His flesh..." A deep sucking sound followed, one unable to be made with a human mouth,"His bright soul..."

"M-my lord, w-what's happening?" One of the Gorman's shouts looking around frantically in terror, "T-the hero?! W-what do you-"

"Too bright..."

The shaking in the ground suddenly became so bad you could scarcely stand. The others weren't so lucky as a chasm suddenly ripped open in the road. Your sword, glowing ever brighter gave you a first hand look as men fell into darkness with a splash as vines topped with fanged mouths shot out of the ground. You could hear splashes, screams as steam that burned your eyes and nostrils shot out from this chasm. The Gorman's ran forward tripping into one of the pits Mipha had dug with a scream. Other men caught in the steam who didn't fall into darkness clutched at their faces as their bodies seemed to swell, boils forming across their skin as their eyes and mouth began to spew blood.

"Must... Kill the hero..." The voice snarled as more fanged vines seemed to shoot out from the ground and chasm. No not vines, massive Deku Baba's that grabbed men, biting them in half, ripping them to shreds even through armour or spewing out poison clouds that made them collapse choking as they vomited up their organs. "Devour him... Mustn't become stronger... We must surpass him..." Screams too close to you fill your ears as you look down into the pit the Gorman's had fallen into, nearly vomiting in the process as you witnessed their flesh began to slough off their bodies, caustic liquid pouring into the pits Mipha had dug, acid that painfully began to turn the Gorman's into a meat slurry. A shape began to rise from the chasm in the road. Larger than anything you've ever seen. More Deku Baba heads followed it, snarling and grinning at you with malicious intent. "Kill... Kill! KILL!"

Finally, you saw the creature that had taken over this town. It was a Deku Baba, its stalk armoured and swollen with blight and malice, purple veins pulsing under its sickly green skin as its bulbous head swayed back and forth. But no Deku Baba was this large, its fanged drooling head was large enough to easily swallow you whole. Wherever its drool hit the ground it sizzled and let forth a sickening smell that made you want to wretch. Like a snake, its head swayed back and forth as it seemed to regard you for a second. Then it opened its jaw wide and roared, your eardrums pulsing painfully from the sound you saw that instead of a tongue was a long flexible eyestalk with a fiery eye nearly the size of you perched on the end. Its slit pupil contracting as you realized with mounting dread and horror the malevolent intelligence clear in the eye as it locked onto you. Hatred unlike anything you had ever felt before seemed to radiate off it, and the creature lunged at you, teeth the size of sword blades ready to rend you apart-

Then a fist made of pure shadow slammed into its chin, sending the head reeling back.

"RUN OFF AND THINK NO ONE NOTICED HUH?!" A voice shouts at you as Midna stepped forward into view, clutching one of her spears in hand as more shadowy hands reached past you to swipe at the creature, "I bet you thought you'd fight an army by yourself, didn't you Link?!"

"Well, I'm really glad you've come to save me!" You shout back, taking a moment to step back out of the reach for the creature to devour you whole.

"Yes, save you!" Midna responds, hastily floating after you, "I'm not letting some overgrown weed devour MY mutt!"

The creature shook its head, roaring loudly again. It seemed hesitant for a moment as you approached the burning hay bales but you could see its Deku Baba children beginning to snake forward. It was also clear Midna's confidence was rapidly draining as she shakily looked towards you, "I-I do hope you've got a plan though, can't expect me to do all the work!"

[] Use the Gale Boomerang to send flames from the Haybales at it while Midna focuses on its children.
[] Have the Gale Boomerang slice up its children while Midna tears into the main body!
[] Bait it into attacking with the Gale Boomerang and then have Midna try to pin it down so you can hit it with the Master Sword.
[] Use the Master Sword against its children and have Midna cover you.
[] Write-in.

GM NOTE: I intended this to be out much sooner, but things kept popping up and taking up a ton of time. Rushed towards the end just to get this out, I hope that the effect was still good as I really half-assed it at the end but you guys needed an update. I'll go over this again if it needs to and do some edits. Hopefully, less things will pop out of the blue so I can work on the quest.

Good update. I think the obvious choice is to use fire against the Deku Baba. Fire's always good against plants.

Though I dunno if we should have Link completely focus on burning the big one or if we should have him split some of his attention to destroying its offspring. Since its also a good idea to eliminate the minions before focusing in the boss.

Then a fist made of pure shadow slammed into its chin, sending the head reeling back.

"RUN OFF AND THINK NO ONE NOTICED HUH?!" A voice shouts at you as Midna stepped forward into view, clutching one of her spears in hand as more shadowy hands reached past you to swipe at the creature, "I bet you thought you'd fight an army by yourself, didn't you Link?!"

"Well, I'm really glad you've come to save me!" You shout back, taking a moment to step back out of the reach for the creature to devour you whole.

"Yes, save you!" Midna responds, hastily floating after you, "I'm not letting some overgrown weed devour MY mutt!"
"Damn it, not again" the monster thinks.

Hm... On one hand, Fire is good.

On the other, we have Evil's Bane in our hands.... Hmm...

[X] Use the Gale Boomerang to send flames from the Haybales at it while Midna focuses on its children.

Fire won. Burn Deku Baba! Burn! *maniacal laughter*

good enough for me.

[X] Use the Gale Boomerang to send flames from the Haybales at it while Midna focuses on its children.

I imagine that if this doesn't work well we'll have the IC chance to stab it anyways.

Fire very good. And if that doesn't work bring out the Sword.

[x] Use the Gale Boomerang to send flames from the Haybales at it while Midna focuses on its children.
This is the most classic Zelda boss fight tactic of all of them. The only thing that would make it more so is Proxi highlighting the targets to guide the boomerang..

[X] Bait it into attacking with the Gale Boomerang and then have Midna try to pin it down so you can hit it with the Master Sword.
That blasted Diababa ist Malice infected. I honestly don't know if fire is actually going to do that much. Evil's Bane on the other hand...
At least the Problems of the Area should be done and over with after the darn thing is dead (again).

Edit: As this is at least partially based on BotW, Bomb Arrows are indeed a thing. The Question is, do we actually have any with us right now? And would they actually work in the Rain?

Last edited:
[X] Bait it into attacking with the Gale Boomerang and then have Midna try to pin it down so you can hit it with the Master Sword.
That blasted Diababa ist Malice infected. I honestly don't know if fire is actually going to do that much. Evil's Bane on the other hand...
At least the Problems of the Area should be done and over with after the darn thing is dead (again).

Edit: As this is at least partially based on BotW, Bomb Arrows are indeed a thing. The Question is, do we actually have any with us right now? And would they actually work in the Rain?
Breath of the wild bomb arrows never worked and ended up wasted if you used them in the rain. Annoyed me more than once when I was in a situation perfect for bomb arrows but the rain would prevent it.

Let's burn this fucker. If the fire makes it panic, then we can drive the Master Sword into it's weakspot. This thing has Malice in it, to the blade will he super effective on it.

- [X] Once the children are gone, have Midna pin it down so you can hit it with the Master Sword.

Last edited:
I just remembered something. Didn't the Gale Boomerang put out fires in Twilight Princess? GM, does it behave differently or is that something we need to find out the hard way?

- [X] Once the children are gone, have Midna pin it down so you can hit it with the Master Sword.

Back