Most Omnipotent Goddess (Bayonetta) (Jubileus SI) (yes, really)

Chapter 14: Excommunication (or, Trouble in Paradise)
My arrival at the Divine Information Aggregate โ€” that is, the hub of Paradiso's news and intelligence network, which in this realm takes the place of Mercury โ€” is greeted with roughly the same reaction as my earlier visit to the Celestial Refinery.

Which is to say that everyone immediately loses their Me-damned minds.

I lay my fingers on my temples as the increasingly familiar cries of adulation ring out from all around me. At least there's no human souls in the vicinity, meaning my uncovered glory isn't sending anyone into ecstatic seizures this time, but that doesn't stop me from cursing myself for not thinking about this about ten seconds ago. I don't need to be "seen" here; I should have just made myself invisible or something so I wouldn't have to put up with this again.

...could still do that, actually. Better late than never.

Between blinks of an eye, I shroud myself in nothingness, removing all trace of my existence from the world around me. Waves of confusion ripple out through the previously-reverent crowd, but I ignore their bewilderment as I plunge unseen into the facility below.

Interestingly, the inside of the DIA isn't nearly as mechanical-looking as the Celestial Refinery was, instead consisting primarily of a titanic, interconnected network of half-translucent pipes, the kaleidoscopic light they're formed from making them appear almost like three-dimensional waveforms. Within them, countless angels and heavenly scrolls pass back and forth at speeds outstripping the naked eye's ability to process โ€” though that obviously doesn't apply to me. I try not to look too long anyways, as they'd undoubtedly only distract me from my goal.

...that said, without relying on the Right Eye or a convenient unicorn angel to guide me, I'm admittedly a little lost regarding how to get to said goal. Nothing exactly appears to be labeled in here.

Quirking my currently-invisible lips, I call the Heavenly Radar I summoned for myself earlier back up and adjust its parameters a bit, redefining its target from seeking out my lost divinity to seeking anything that inherently qualifies as "divine" โ€” such as, for example, the angels themselves. I don't really want to know the present location of every last member of Paradiso, but where exactly would I find the largest group of-

Got it.

I soundlessly teleport a few thousand miles down and to my left, reappearing in front of what looks like a shutter over a hundred miles long. Willing it upwards, I cast aside my cloak, pass through into the space beyond, and find myself inside Paradiso's parking garage.

...okay, so that's undoubtedly not its actual name, but I'd be hard pressed to call a space with this many Irenics parked in it anything else.

๐•ฌ๐–™๐–™๐–Š๐–“๐–™๐–Ž๐–”๐–“, ๐–†๐–‘๐–‘ ๐–š๐–“๐–Ž๐–™๐–˜.

The innumerable car-like angels snap to attention as I let my halo flare with light, my voice filling the seemingly endless space with ease.

๐–„๐–”๐–š ๐–†๐–—๐–Š ๐–™๐–” ๐–‰๐–Š๐–‘๐–Ž๐–›๐–Š๐–— ๐–† ๐–’๐–Š๐–˜๐–˜๐–†๐–Œ๐–Š ๐–™๐–” ๐–†๐–‘๐–‘ ๐–”๐–‹ ๐•ป๐–†๐–—๐–†๐–‰๐–Ž๐–˜๐–”, ๐–˜๐–™๐–†๐–—๐–™๐–Ž๐–“๐–Œ ๐–œ๐–Ž๐–™๐– ๐–™๐–๐–”๐–˜๐–Š ๐–†๐–“๐–Œ๐–Š๐–‘๐–˜ ๐–˜๐–™๐–†๐–™๐–Ž๐–”๐–“๐–Š๐–‰ ๐–ˆ๐–‘๐–”๐–˜๐–Š๐–˜๐–™ ๐–™๐–” ๐•ฐ๐–†๐–—๐–™๐–.

Billions of heavenly engines immediately rev an affirmative response.

๐•ท๐–”๐–•๐–™๐–—, ๐–† ๐–‹๐–—๐–†๐–Œ๐–’๐–Š๐–“๐–™ ๐–”๐–‹ ๐–™๐–๐–Š ๐–‹๐–”๐–—๐–’๐–Š๐–— ๐–Œ๐–”๐–‰ ๐–”๐–‹ ๐–ˆ๐–๐–†๐–”๐–˜, ๐–๐–†๐–˜ ๐–‡๐–Š๐–Œ๐–š๐–“ ๐–† ๐–ˆ๐–—๐–š๐–˜๐–†๐–‰๐–Š ๐–”๐–‹ ๐–๐–Š๐–—๐–Š๐–˜๐–ž ๐–†๐–Œ๐–†๐–Ž๐–“๐–˜๐–™ ๐–™๐–๐–Š ๐–๐–Š๐–†๐–›๐–Š๐–“๐–˜. I intone. ๐•ณ๐–Š ๐–ˆ๐–‘๐–†๐–Ž๐–’๐–˜ ๐–๐–Ž๐–’๐–˜๐–Š๐–‘๐–‹ ๐–† ๐–•๐–—๐–”๐–•๐–๐–Š๐–™, ๐–†๐–“๐–‰ ๐–™๐–๐–†๐–™ ๐•ด ๐–†๐–’ ๐–™๐–๐–Š ๐•ฏ๐–Š๐–’๐–Ž๐–š๐–—๐–Œ๐–Š. ๐•ฌ ๐–‹๐–†๐–‘๐–˜๐–Š ๐–Ž๐–‰๐–”๐–‘, ๐–ˆ๐–”๐–’๐–Š ๐–™๐–” ๐–‰๐–Š๐–ˆ๐–Š๐–Ž๐–›๐–Š ๐–ž๐–”๐–š ๐–†๐–‘๐–‘.

No way of getting around that, no matter how much I'd rather not even mention as much.

๐•ฟ๐–๐–Ž๐–˜ ๐–Ž๐–˜, ๐–”๐–‹ ๐–ˆ๐–”๐–š๐–—๐–˜๐–Š, ๐–† ๐–‡๐–—๐–†๐–Ÿ๐–Š๐–“ ๐–‘๐–Ž๐–Š. I continue, letting cool derision seep into my tone. ๐•ด๐–“ ๐–™๐–—๐–š๐–™๐–, ๐•ท๐–”๐–•๐–™๐–— ๐–˜๐–Š๐–Š๐–๐–˜ ๐–”๐–“๐–‘๐–ž ๐–™๐–” ๐–˜๐–š๐–‡๐–›๐–Š๐–—๐–™ ๐–ž๐–”๐–š ๐–†๐–˜ ๐–•๐–†๐–—๐–™ ๐–”๐–‹ ๐–† ๐–‰๐–Š๐–˜๐–•๐–Š๐–—๐–†๐–™๐–Š ๐–‡๐–Ž๐–‰ ๐–™๐–” ๐–—๐–Š๐–ˆ๐–‘๐–†๐–Ž๐–’ ๐–•๐–”๐–œ๐–Š๐–— ๐–™๐–๐–†๐–™ ๐–“๐–” ๐–‘๐–”๐–“๐–Œ๐–Š๐–— ๐–‡๐–Š๐–‘๐–”๐–“๐–Œ๐–˜ ๐–™๐–” ๐–๐–Ž๐–’. ๐•ฎ๐–—๐–Ž๐–•๐–•๐–‘๐–Š๐–‰ ๐–†๐–˜ ๐–๐–Š ๐–Ž๐–˜, ๐–๐–Š ๐–Ž๐–˜ ๐–ˆ๐–‘๐–†๐–œ๐–Ž๐–“๐–Œ ๐–†๐–™ ๐–™๐–๐–Š ๐–”๐–™๐–๐–Š๐–— ๐–—๐–Š๐–†๐–‘๐–’๐–˜ ๐–‹๐–”๐–— ๐–†๐–“๐–ž ๐–’๐–Š๐–†๐–Œ๐–Š๐–— ๐–˜๐–ˆ๐–—๐–†๐–• ๐–”๐–‹ ๐–Ž๐–“๐–‹๐–‘๐–š๐–Š๐–“๐–ˆ๐–Š, ๐–‘๐–Š๐–†๐–‰๐–Ž๐–“๐–Œ ๐–†๐–“๐–Œ๐–Š๐–‘๐–˜ ๐–†๐–˜๐–™๐–—๐–†๐–ž ๐–™๐–” ๐–˜๐–š๐–•๐–•๐–”๐–—๐–™ ๐–๐–Ž๐–˜ ๐–๐–”๐–•๐–Š๐–‘๐–Š๐–˜๐–˜ ๐–ˆ๐–†๐–š๐–˜๐–Š, ๐–Š๐–›๐–Š๐–“ ๐–†๐–˜ ๐–๐–Š ๐–˜๐–Ž๐–’๐–š๐–‘๐–™๐–†๐–“๐–Š๐–”๐–š๐–˜๐–‘๐–ž ๐–ˆ๐–”๐–š๐–—๐–™๐–˜ ๐•ด๐–“๐–‹๐–Š๐–—๐–“๐–”. ๐•พ๐–๐–”๐–š๐–‘๐–‰ ๐–๐–Š ๐–”๐–— ๐–™๐–๐–”๐–˜๐–Š ๐–๐–Š ๐–๐–†๐–˜ ๐–‰๐–Š๐–ˆ๐–Š๐–Ž๐–›๐–Š๐–‰ ๐–†๐–•๐–•๐–—๐–”๐–†๐–ˆ๐– ๐–ž๐–”๐–š, ๐–๐–Š๐–Š๐–‰ ๐–“๐–”๐–™ ๐–๐–Ž๐–˜ ๐–˜๐–Š๐–—๐–•๐–Š๐–“๐–™'๐–˜ ๐–™๐–”๐–“๐–Œ๐–š๐–Š, ๐–‘๐–Š๐–˜๐–™ ๐–๐–Š ๐–‰๐–—๐–†๐–Œ ๐–ž๐–”๐–š ๐–‰๐–”๐–œ๐–“ ๐–™๐–” ๐–—๐–š๐–Ž๐–“ ๐–†๐–‘๐–”๐–“๐–Œ๐–˜๐–Ž๐–‰๐–Š ๐–๐–Ž๐–’.

I allow my expression to fall slightly, dropping officiousness in favor of concern.

...๐•ด ๐–œ๐–”๐–š๐–‘๐–‰ ๐–“๐–”๐–™ ๐–œ๐–Ž๐–˜๐– ๐–˜๐–š๐–ˆ๐– ๐–”๐–“ ๐–†๐–“๐–ž ๐–”๐–‹ ๐–ž๐–”๐–š.

I raise my head and rake my gaze across the gathered angels.

๐•ฒ๐•บ
(Go.)

Portals open all across the hangar, and the sound of infinite screeching tires echoes outward as the army of Irenic pour through them, all too eager to fulfill their purpose of spreading the message of Divine Will across the heavens.

Left behind in the newly vacated space, I'm finally free to sit back on nothing, sigh, and let my brow slant downward with a mixture of ire and unease.

That felt supremely uncomfortable to say, both tonally and content-wise, but it had to be done, as I don't believe for a second that Loptr actually sent that flock of angels to try and oust me. They had essentially no chance of succeeding at all, and he's too intelligent not to realize that โ€” or at least, he has too much information by way of the Prophetic Power to realistically believe such a relatively minimal force could do more than briefly inconvenience me, even had Bayonetta and Jeanne not been present as well. On the surface, all that attack really ended up doing was alerting me to Loptr's movements in the first place, so there's no way that's all there was to it.

No โ€” far more likely, the point was to strike not at me, but at my power base... at Paradiso itself. Loptr didn't think those angels could depose me, he was essentially just gathering testimony that I'm not the God that Paradiso believes me to be, or perhaps just not one worth following. If I showed mercy and allowed the renegade angels to live, they could provide eyewitness proof to other angels that I'm "consorting with witches" and strengthen whatever rhetoric Loptr is already using, while if I chose to condemn them and wiped them out instead, that itself provides proof that I will willingly turn on my own "children" should they speak out against me. Given my ongoing refusal to reunite the Trinity of Realities, there probably are at least some genuine dissenters scattered across Paradiso, angels not being so inherently loyal as to make them incapable of free thought, so all Loptr has to do is keep stoking those embers of doubt until they burst into genuine flames of rebellion. The entire scenario was a trap, designed to force a choice where any of the obvious options would produce the exact same result in Loptr's favor.

...or at least, that's my best guess. Given the subject matter, the Right Eye would be useless here even if I were using it right now, so I can't exactly be certain of that conclusion. Frankly, I'm still not sure why Loptr is even acting this early. I'd assume he wants his eye back, but unless he was just poking me to test how feasible that would be, I don't see why he'd bother showing his hand now, when he doesn't even have Loki yet, and thus lacks his Sovereign Power, without which he couldn't take it from me anyways.

Unless, of course, he's banking on his future self assisting from within me...

My ribbons twist and wind together, my fingers grasping at nothing. This uncertainty is part of why I chose not to chase the other angels even after the Glamor revealed their allegiances and self-terminated. For all I know, baiting me into pursuit was the entire intention, and I'd really rather not risk playing right into Loptr's hands โ€” better to simply cut him off at the pass.

Hence that little speech just now.

I float back out of the hangar, anger still warring with apprehension. That Loptr is technically right about my fakeness is already a big mark against me, so hopefully my words were officious enough to pass muster, while still believably parsing as having come from the original "Spoiled Teen God" โ€” though, with only those two descriptors to go off of, I'm admittedly not sure the real Jubileus in this situation would have sent out a message in the first place. Felt like a worthwhile risk though, as a direct warning and command from God should keep at least most of the rank-and-file angels from falling to Loptr's rhetoric.

I frown. "Should" being the operative word. If I'm wrong, that same logic might actually end up working against me โ€” but then again, the number of angels created only after Jubileus was already sealed away likely vastly outnumbers those that came before, so perhaps keeping "in character" isn't really as big a deal as I initially believed. "Spoiled" isn't exactly the image I want to be projecting anyways, and if there's any time to start changing that, it's now, when there's literally a hostile entity trying to entice my angels to his own side.

Whatever the case, if Loptr is already making moves, then dealing with him needs to take precedence over everything else. And if I don't want to risk approaching him in person to do so, lest my eye suddenly decide to rip itself out of my head and allow him to kill or possess me, I'm going to need to gather up a war room...

My marble lips curl back in irritation. I'm getting sick of this. Seems like every time I turn around lately I come across yet another most pressing priority, leaving me flitting from one urgent issue to the next before I can even fully resolve the one I was already working on. If one of my plans to recover the Translunar Faith Allocator had worked even just in part-

No, you know what?

I snap my fingers, instantly teleporting out of Paradiso and back into the human world โ€” or, at least, the human realm.

This far out in space, hovering around the outskirts of the asteroid belt, "world" doesn't feel like the best descriptor anymore, to me.

Extending an arm towards the sprawling fields of drifting space rock, I beckon them to me, pulling several hundred thousand out of orbit at once. As they stream towards me from every conceivable direction, drawn countless miles in the span of an instant, I take a moment to judge their collective mass... and frown, finding it wanting.

That's not nearly enough. I need, what, roughly 70 sextillion kilograms? I clearly overestimated the magnitude of my materials here; this is nowhere even close to what's required.

...well, no matter. That, at least, is easily fixed.

Rather than reduce the belt any further or spend time manifesting the remainder manually, I instead simply take the materials I've already gathered and nudge their physical properties a little. The density of the asteroids skyrockets as they spiral downward, rising exponentially even as the rocks themselves begin to shrink, condensing and coalescing together in front of me into a single churning mass of stone.

Soon enough, everything has merged together, the end result having swelled to just over a fifth of a mile wide. Floating a final asteroid from the weightless void to my grasp, I keep hold of it just long enough to drastically edit its elemental makeup, then use a single finger to gently push it forward towards the rest.

As the asteroid impacts and bonds with the now roughly-spherical aggregate, its altered atomic composition acts as a catalyst, rapidly spreading across the object's entirety. Beneath the surface, distinct layers form and settle into place, while the exterior shifts in color and tone to a familiar, silvery yellow-gray.

Good โ€” now for a personal touch.

Curling my fingers together, I rear back, then thrust my fist forward into vacuum. Despite not coming anywhere close to actually touching the sphere, a tremendous chain of impacts suddenly strikes all across its surface, forming thousands of craters of all shapes and sizes across the porous rock... some shaped slightly more like my knuckles than others.

As the resultant quaking settles, I raise a hand to my chin, examining the end result from all angles.

Hmm. It's not perfect, but... it'll do, I think.

Turning, I form a large portal to just beyond the Earth, where the few small remnants of its recently-destroyed natural satellite still drift, now little but errant asteroids themselves. Floating through, I take hold of my creation and gently push it into place โ€” then allow it to explode outward from the 1/10,000th scale I've been holding it at to its true intended size, the sphere's sudden expansion propelling its predecessor's now-useless debris out into void. I take a quick moment to stabilize its orbit, making sure it isn't going to just come tumbling down onto the planet or the like, then step back into Purgatorio to admire my work.

There โ€” one new moon, identical to the old one in all the ways that matter, recreated and restored to its proper place. This should re-stabilize the tides, bring light back to the night, prevent a bunch of species from going extinct, make sure the Earth's axis doesn't inevitably end up going off-kilter later down the line, and basically just get everything that the old one's destruction ruined back on track.

...in the human world, at least. Unfortunately, without a replacement for the heavenly facility that's supposed to be attached to it, this still doesn't help Paradiso at all, but-

I pause, my gaze drifting back down to the planet whose celestial partner I just remade.

Actually... maybe there is one more thing I can do here...

Stay tuned for the return...

A huge thanks to @Pheonix14, @Warclam, @ScorpioBot, @Captain Skipjack, Leaf, Bertucchi, BlackEagle91, Jordan Juengel, Alxariam, and my eight other Patrons not named here, as well as an extra special thanks to a certain generous patron who wishes to remain unnamed. Each of them receives a model of the newly reforged moon at a 1/10,000,000th scale (meaning about a foot or so in diameter). It floats and orbits freely around other objects of a larger mass (like you!), and comes complete with a maker's mark โ€” by which I mean a miniature crater that is very clearly an imprint of my fist. ๐ŸŒ—

Last edited:
Really shows why Jubi is called a "Dea"...she just went: "Here, new Moon...you need to put the flag there again though, couldnยดt bother with the details. Good luck!"

Love her being proactive.

TFC!

"I gave you new moon," pokes fingers "pls respond"
โ–บLollipopWitch
Replied:
Where is the personal touch?
The flair? The decorations? The style?

โ–บMotorbikeBeauty
Replied:
I do agree. It was a clean slate to start from.
Why did you make it look like the old one? Make it pink. Or violet.​

โ–บLollipopWitch
Replied:
Instead it's so...boring.

โ–บDeusOmnipotens

Replied:
You two suck! And why do you have accounts on a Paradiso forum?!​

Would be amusing if that it actually did help Paradiso to put in the new/recreated moon. Some sort of cosmic remnant of the facility still linked in. Or maybe that the reason why the facility was put on the moon, was that it was providing Faith as well, just not as much as needed.

Well that, or the facility just plops itself onto the moon, now that it's there. A 'out of phase for safety/auto-repair when able'. Though how that would have been accomplished would be something. (Maybe more likely is that various Angels start fixing it up, now that it's in a state. Now, how much they'd be able to manage is a different story.)

Naturally Flarina!Jubilius wouldn't notice for some time, since so many other things are on the todo list. But that theoretical reveal would most likely be at some point sooner than looking back on the issue, once the most immediate emergencies were handled.

Alternatively, the human world realizes that the moon got fixed somehow, causing a resurgence in prayers. Without the Allocator, it might end up going to her. Which in and of itself would have implications as to how the Allocator worked, and the side effects it had.

Naturally Flarina!Jubilius wouldn't notice for some time, since so many other things are on the todo list. But that theoretical reveal would most likely be at some point sooner than looking back on the issue, once the most immediate emergencies were handled.
Jubi: "Ah yes! Totally! Keikaku Dohri! I am the Greatest."

Suffering from success would be a very Flarina!Jubilius thing to do.

And it will probably help give the impression that she is indeed who she says she is just with the problem of working with a much smaller energy budget and also not particularly familiar with how the allocator and things like it actually were made since she was in a Coma at the time they were constructed
Not to mention the implied list of issues alongside a number of hostile actors

1 out of 5 stars: Slightly too yellowish and my favorite crater is missing

5 out of 5 stars: I think the craters spell out a cuss word!

3.69396868 ร— 10-8 out of 5 stars: Only a moon, much smaller than stars
0 out of 5 stars
Absolutely perfect. I would give it five stars, but I'm quirky. Tee-hee.

Bayonetta: Me dammit. No, not going to blow the moon up just because of some idiots on the Internet.

No โ€” far more likely, the point was to strike not at me, but at my power base... at Paradiso itself. Loptr didn't think those angels could depose me, he was essentially just gathering testimony that I'm not the God that Paradiso believes me to be, or perhaps just not one worth following. If I showed mercy and allowed the renegade angels to live, they could provide eyewitness proof to other angels that I'm "consorting with witches" and strengthen whatever rhetoric Loptr is already using, while if I chose to condemn them and wiped them out instead, that itself provides proof that I will willingly turn on my own "children" should they speak out against me.
I mean, the Lumen Sages and the Umbra Witches successfully coexisted at least for a time. And the witches are fundamentally still human. So the whole "consorting with witches" thing is... kind of going against what was established before the Clan wars?

Yes, yes; we are talking about how zealots of some flavor or another would take things but...*shrug*

...or at least, that's my best guess. Given the subject matter, the Right Eye would be useless here even if I were using it right now, so I can't exactly be certain of that conclusion. Frankly, I'm still not sure why Loptr is even acting this early. I'd assume he wants his eye back, but unless he was just poking me to test how feasible that would be, I don't see why he'd bother showing his hand now, when he doesn't even have Loki yet, and thus lacks his Sovereign Power, without which he couldn't take it from me anyways.
Maybe he has to act? He maneuvered himself into a time loop so he might have to act while things are still similar to "how they should be". Any later action might risk him ending up in a timeline that has drifted too far from that time loop, which... Might not be a problem for a full god, but the weakened fragment of one?

Actually... maybe there is one more thing I can do here...
Add spy systems to the moon? Get in touch with the local church?

I am stoked to see this update, and it's cool to see Big J* getting into the act after the initial flailing. Hopefully there will be more flailing as time marches inexorably onward, mixed with Overlord-style trying to act the part.
Really shows why Jubi is called a "Dea"...she just went: "Here, new Moon...you need to put the flag there again though, couldnยดt bother with the details. Good luck!"

Love her being proactive.
Nice to see Big J flexing those divine muscles.

Happy to hear! While many of Jubileus!me's problems are largely resistant to being resolved by just throwing enough power around, there are at least still some things that are relatively trivial to fix in comparison. (๏ฟฃyโ–ฝ๏ฟฃ)โ•ญ

"There may be one more thing I can do, but...where am I going to get a decorator who can handle a project this big? On a Sunday?"
*Bayonetta looks over Big J's shoulder grinning madly*

Not that Jubileus!me asked for either witch's input, but rather than Bayo, it would likely make more sense to hire Jeanne. She's presumably still dealing with the aftermath of having been brainwashed and missing for however long having wrecked her standing as a teacher, so even assuming she wasn't fired outright, she's undoubtedly at least got the time. :whistle:

โ–บLollipopWitch
Replied:
Where is the personal touch?
The flair? The decorations? The style?

โ–บMotorbikeBeauty
Replied:
I do agree. It was a clean slate to start from.
Why did you make it look like the old one? Make it pink. Or violet.​

โ–บLollipopWitch
Replied:
Instead it's so...boring.

โ–บDeusOmnipotens
Replied:
You two suck! And why do you have accounts on a Paradiso forum?!​

DeusOmnipotens locks the SpaceHarmonies and TranscendentAcceleration forums until she can figure out how the witches got backdoor access to a Heaven-locked site. Back on Earth, ArmamentArchfiend smirks and lights another cigar.

"I gave you new moon," pokes fingers "pls respond"
1 out of 5 stars: Slightly too yellowish and my favorite crater is missing

5 out of 5 stars: I think the craters spell out a cuss word!

3.69396868 ร— 10-8 out of 5 stars: Only a moon, much smaller than stars
0 out of 5 stars
Absolutely perfect. I would give it five stars, but I'm quirky. Tee-hee.

Customers the same in all universes. ๐Ÿ™„

This move is going to be noticed, obviously. Though I think the fact the 'moon' isn't the moon is also going to be noticed and be a point of major debate. I mean, the church already had major support/evidence of the divine, literally having the moon replaced by god is going to uh, cause a stir.

...religious moon tourists sounds absurd, but its the bayoverse so...religious moon tourists.

Jubileus!me accidentally renewing interest in space exploration, thus leading humanity to grow closer to the angels not in soul, but by literal proximity, is... certainly one way to get more people into heaven, I suppose. ^^;

"Hmm... this new moon I just made needs craters to actually look like a moon. What do? Oh! I'll just God Punch the shit out of it!"

Yeah, that's one way to solve that problem. xD
The Moon with giant fist prints on its surface doesn't look suspicious at all.
Some human on Earth, looking out of the window:
"Dear, look, the Moon is back! But it seems like someone has beaten it upโ€ฆ? Shit, don't tell me that our Moon owes money to some cosmic mafia."

Conspiracy theories begin popping up that The Moon actually vanished for a week to go fight off an interplanetary threat that was heading towards Earth, defeating it before returning with new battle scars. They're far harder to contest than they really should be, as no one actually has a more logical explanation for where the moon went or how it came back.

Would be amusing if that it actually did help Paradiso to put in the new/recreated moon. Some sort of cosmic remnant of the facility still linked in. Or maybe that the reason why the facility was put on the moon, was that it was providing Faith as well, just not as much as needed.

Well that, or the facility just plops itself onto the moon, now that it's there. A 'out of phase for safety/auto-repair when able'. Though how that would have been accomplished would be something. (Maybe more likely is that various Angels start fixing it up, now that it's in a state. Now, how much they'd be able to manage is a different story.)

Alternatively, the human world realizes that the moon got fixed somehow, causing a resurgence in prayers. Without the Allocator, it might end up going to her. Which in and of itself would have implications as to how the Allocator worked, and the side effects it had.
And it will probably help give the impression that she is indeed who she says she is just with the problem of working with a much smaller energy budget and also not particularly familiar with how the allocator and things like it actually were made since she was in a Coma at the time they were constructed
Not to mention the implied list of issues alongside a number of hostile actors

Enjoying the theories as to how Jubileus!me is possibly an accidental genius. By all means, praise me more! :D

Missed opportunity for a "Jubileus moons humanity" joke.

Jubileus!me is always mooning humanity. No clothes, remember? :rolleyes:

Nonsense. Too pretentious. She is the God of Creation, not some carnival show charlatan!

Honestly, when you're literally God, I'd argue there's precious little that can be considered "too pretentious", if anything at all.

That moon creation and speech were wayyyy too good to have been purely on the fly- are you sure youre not really capital g god? :p

;)

Angel cars: PUT YOUR PEDDLES TO THE METAL!! MOM IS GETTING SAD!!

"And someone maybe go get her some flowers while we're at it!"

Seeing as how the likes of Singularity can consume over 2,000 timelines/universes, I have to wonder how "large" the Realm of Chaos truly is, and if there's any other inhabitants out there besides the humans and fairies on Earth.

Couldn't say โ€“ again, this fic was planned before I had any knowledge of that or need to account for it. Though there probably are other species of beings out there, if simply because if they ever do a Viola solo game (though I'm not sure I'd actually want that or not in all honesty), she's gonna need something new to fight.

Tbh at this point i choose to believe Bayo 1, 2 and 3 all take place in different verses each for the sake of my headache

I mean, Bayonetta 1 and 2 pretty much have to take place in the same universe as each other, as their plots are pretty inextricably intertwined. Bayonetta 3 though, sure, since no real references to the previous games are made, characters are all so different in appearance that their heights no longer even match up, and the game's all about the multiverse, so that honestly kind of tracks anyways.

Given the Four Cardinal Virtues are likely the creations of Jubileus herself, being the "embodiments of Divine Will", if any of them have been turned against Jubi, I wonder how much power she could restore if she is forced to reclaim what is hers from them....

Funnily, as I recall, that's literally what happens in the anime movie. Fortitudo and countless other angels fly to Jubileus and merge with/bestow her with their power, allowing her to awaken in tandem with Balder's actions. Debatable how much this would help Jubileus!me right now though, as I don't imagine it would have worked without the Right Eye being part of the equation.

On a different note, going over the lore, would one say that any of the Audito, including the Four Cardinal Virtues, are the celestial equivalent to the more myriad, so-called Infernal Gods?

Because if someone like Rodin, (before he was cast down), could be a "Dea" class angel equivalent to Jubileus herself, I have to wonder if the problem with Paradiso isn't JUST so much that Inferno keeps nabbing angels and growing their numbers, but rather that angels aren't able, or possibly ALLOWED to grow, and "rise above their station".

What with his belief in Humanity's potential, I can almost imagine Loki being the one to point this out if Jubi doesn't realize it. I don't think Aesir exactly handcrafted everything when the Realm of Chaos came be, more like, "Set Things In Motion".

Hard to say. I've always seen the Infernal Gods as being based on how texts like Paradise Lost would recharacterize the gods and mythical creatures of other cultures as demons. Frankly, we don't really know how non-Capital-G gods are defined in the Bayonetta-verse per se, nor where/when/how they came to claim dominion over certain concepts. Were they angels with great power that fell during the First Armageddon? Separate beings that existed at the time that got forced into demonhood as a result of the same event? Natural demons that just claimed or were given the epithet "god" by those who came to encounter them? We don't even know their technical power level. A bunch of them are in weapons, so we can't go from that, and we can't really compare them to other demons by any decent metric, since it seems even normal (if powerful) demons can match the Auditio when utilized properly (see Bayonetta 2). But is that a question of the power Bayonetta and Balder could respectively provide to them, or their inherent abilities? Would it be different if Bayonetta ever summoned one of those gods directly? Rosa uses Madama Khepri's limbs, and they don't seem any more powerful or effective than Butterfly's/Styx's. Many questions, few answers.

(Regardless, if other angels/beings were going around proclaiming themselves as "god" where the original Jubileus could hear them, it's entirely possible she may not have taken it too well.)

If her mother, Rosa, upon dying went to Inferno and has become a demon, whilst Balder upon HIS death may become the first of a new breed of Angel of Jubi's own design, I don't think those two will need ANY prompting from their daughter should they appear together.

Continuing the thought, Jubi making Balder Cereza's own "Guardian Angel" would DEFINITELY be welcome for the sheer hilarity that would ensue alone.

He'd have to first be dead for that, I'm afraid.

I mean, the Lumen Sages and the Umbra Witches successfully coexisted at least for a time. And the witches are fundamentally still human. So the whole "consorting with witches" thing is... kind of going against what was established before the Clan wars?

Yes, yes; we are talking about how zealots of some flavor or another would take things but...*shrug*

Yes, they coexisted and weren't actively fighting, but 1) the clans still didn't really interact unless they had to, owing to that permanent tenet of "never shall dark and light intersect" (such that Bayonetta's mere birth was considered a crime of the highest order), and 2) the clans weren't the actual angels, who seem to have a more hard line stance about it all, and frankly seemed to have no real great love for the sages anyways, let alone the witches. Recall that while it was technically Loptr's idea, they were perfectly willing to have both clans slaughter each other to a man.

Bayo's gonna flip.

Literally.

She can moomwalk once again.
Given that the Umbran Witches get a boost from The Moon, Jubi's actually doing them a favor.

Not untrue. You'd really think the moon blowing up would be a more significant bit of lore, considering how it should impact Bayonetta's powers, especially as it's not like they retconned witches drawing power from moonlight โ€” it's just Bayonetta always gets it from some other source after that event, like Noatun's devices in 2, or those artificial puddles of moonlight in 3. That shouldn't be necessary now at least, so maybe the local witches could show a little appreciation next time Jubileus!me shows up?

"๐•ด ๐–Š๐–๐–•๐–Š๐–ˆ๐–™ ๐–† ๐–™๐–๐–†๐–“๐– ๐–ž๐–”๐–š ๐–ˆ๐–†๐–—๐–‰ ๐–†๐–™ ๐–™๐–๐–Š ๐–›๐–Š๐–—๐–ž ๐–‘๐–Š๐–†๐–˜๐–™."

Last edited:
im imagining Nasa finding out that the flag is gone, sending up a replacement, only for Flairbius to have put her own flag there first.

Not untrue. You'd really think the moon blowing up would be a more significant bit of lore, considering how it should impact Bayonetta's powers, especially as it's not like they retconned witches drawing power from moonlight โ€” it's just Bayonetta always gets it from some other source after that event, like Noatun's devices in 2, or those artificial puddles of moonlight in 3. That shouldn't be necessary now at least, so maybe the local witches could show a little appreciation next time Jubileus!me shows up?
Well, now I'm imagining there being something happening as a side effect because the moon was replaced/restored. Something minor or cosmetic, but still noticeable/be an annoyance.

Such as, say, maybe when utilizing the moonlight, they get color shifted. Possibly only Bayonette, what with the look-a-like bit. I mean, just imagine the comments about her 'deciding' to look like Jubileus, when she pulls out her more powerful moves. Or just draws enough from moonlight.

And this all being completely unintentional. Flarina!Jubileus would only first hear about it via Bayonetta's complaints. Secondhand or not. And if it turns out it's only Bayonetta getting hit by the oddities/change, it sort of looks more like it's Bayonetta doing it, rather than anyone else.

Perhaps Flarina!Jubileus would respond with something like "Do you really think I have time to mess with you like that? There is enough things on my plate that I'm trying to figure out, some of them quite time sensitive. Not to mention I have limited power that isn't either missing, or tied into things that I can't reclaim them from at the moment. So unless you can tell me exactly how something that seems to be entirely cosmetic happens and a 'solution' that actually requires me that won't take time, I just don't really care right now.

"And if your solution is 'destroy the moon', then you really need to reexamine your priorities."

(Almost feels like there's a bit of a full omake potential there, but there's a bare bones version... It's just that would likely be the very last bit of it. The words did sort of oddly flow freely, for that little bit.)

im imagining Nasa finding out that the flag is gone, sending up a replacement, only for Flairbius to have put her own flag there first.
Well, given that the flag that was there, would have been made entirely white. Essentially a surrender flag.

"See! It's not that I just didn't bother to track down where it went. Though where did the other flag come from?"

In the Age before The Trinity of Realities formed, part of me imagines a scenario comparable to the Et'Ada before the creation of Mundus in Elder Scrolls, but rather than the latter being planned, it was all a result Jubileus throwing a cosmic temper tantrum.

I'm not up to date on my Elder Scrolls lore, but the idea of OG!Jubileus basically just going "๐–‚๐–๐–” ๐–™๐–๐–Š ๐–๐–Š๐–‘๐–‘ ๐–†๐–—๐–Š ๐–†๐–‘๐–‘ ๐–™๐–๐–Š๐–˜๐–Š ๐–Œ๐–š๐–ž๐–˜?! ๐•ฟ๐–๐–Š๐–—๐–Š'๐–˜ ๐–œ๐–†๐–ž ๐–™๐–”๐–” ๐–’๐–†๐–“๐–ž ๐–”๐–‹ ๐–™๐–๐–Š๐–’, ๐–Œ๐–Š๐–™ ๐–™๐–๐–Š๐–’ ๐–™๐–๐–Š๐–’ ๐–”๐–š๐–™ ๐–”๐–‹ ๐–๐–Š๐–—๐–Š!" feels quite on the nose. XD

I mean, technically this is a new moon, so technically no one has landed on it, so technically if you were to land on it you would be the first to land on the moon.

Que Space Race 2

Spes sends a message to Jubileus!me to inform me that, while they're certain I already know, my new planned site for the TFA's restoration seems to be attracting pests, and I should probably do something about that. ๐Ÿง‘โ€๐Ÿš€

Actually using Angels as messengers, whodathunk?

It's what the Irenic are explicitly for, so if I didn't use them, what would even be the point of having them? ;)

Hopefully they aren't gonna need to break out the trumpets any time soon, though.

Afraid you're too late for that, as the Affinity foot troops already use them as their basic ranged weapon. Also sousaphones for some reason? Almost makes one wonder if the Immortal Forge just has an entire subsection dedicated to musical weaponry โ€” instruments of music, instruments of war, why not combine them?

I mean, since when did either of those ladies require an invitation?

Party crashers through and through, the both of them. Honestly, the best way to keep them away from something is likely to just straight up invite them in the first place.

Say, why didn't she just will a new moon into being instead of actually going through the trouble of creating one? Or did that simply not cross her mind?

...because that's not very fun to read, now is it? ๐Ÿซค

(Seriously, I could give a Watsonian reason, but if I started letting this fic boil down to "Jubileus!me willed this to happen, and so it instantly did with no strings attached, and not even the slightest effort expended in doing so", exactly how interesting do you think the resulting nigh-literal epitome of "tell don't show" would actually be? Hell, what you're asking doesn't even apply to how God is portrayed in actual religious texts. Why isn't the story of Noah just "God wanted to start humanity anew, and so humanity just instantly poofed into oblivion"? Why'd it take God six days to fashion the universe when it could have been done instantly? Why does God repeatedly work through human proxies instead of just skipping straight to the desired end result via that purported total omnipotence? Like, sure, maybe God could do all that, but there wouldn't be much of a story to tell if so, now would there?)

I like the implication that this wasn't the first time Moon went on a shonen adventure to protect Earth-chan.

Where do you think the original one's craters came from? :p

The best descriptor for this story is "God is a anime girl slowly being drive to alcoholism".

Nice.

I'd argue it's more along the lines of "God is an anime girl who woke up from an unplanned nap to find she has a 10000 year backlog of problems to solve.", but hey, close enough. ยฏ\_(ใƒ„)_/ยฏ

Hey, Flairina. If I may ask, why did you decide to make this fic an SI instead of an alternate timeline?

...because "inserted into X universe as God" was the entire initial joke? I feel like as time goes on, that is increasingly forgotten for some reason. ^^; Also, I don't think even an AU version of Jubileus would be acting the way Jubileus!me has been, as our information/memories would simply diverge too much even if our attitudes somehow perfectly lined up, so that would essentially be an entirely different story.

Well, now I'm imagining there being something happening as a side effect because the moon was replaced/restored. Something minor or cosmetic, but still noticeable/be an annoyance.

Such as, say, maybe when utilizing the moonlight, they get color shifted. Possibly only Bayonette, what with the look-a-like bit. I mean, just imagine the comments about her 'deciding' to look like Jubileus, when she pulls out her more powerful moves. Or just draws enough from moonlight.

And this all being completely unintentional. Flarina!Jubileus would only first hear about it via Bayonetta's complaints. Secondhand or not. And if it turns out it's only Bayonetta getting hit by the oddities/change, it sort of looks more like it's Bayonetta doing it, rather than anyone else.

The first sign is when she abruptly turns blonde. The second is when angels stop attacking her on sight. By the time she looks more like a mini-me than herself, she's more than a little pissed off. Jeanne is quite concerned, while Rodin just thinks this is hilarious. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
...because "inserted into X universe as God" was the entire initial joke? I feel like as time goes on, that is increasingly forgotten for some reason. ^^; Also, I don't think even an AU version of Jubileus would be acting the way Jubileus!me has been, as our information/memories would simply diverge too much even if our attitudes somehow perfectly lined up, so that would essentially be an entirely different story.
Maybe it's because the original inspiration for the joke is left a bit forgotten. Sort of. I mean, the exact line that inspired it is stuck right below your username on the forum. But the fic that inspired it, is just sitting there.
The first sign is when she abruptly turns blonde. The second is when angels stop attacking her on sight. By the time she looks more like a mini-me than herself, she's more than a little pissed off. Jeanne is quite concerned, while Rodin just thinks this is hilarious. :rolleyes:
"Why isn't the hair dye working!?"

Meanwhile, Flairina!Jubileus is wondering where all this hair dye is coming from.

Back