Most Omnipotent Goddess (Bayonetta) (Jubileus SI) (yes, really)

I actually had a hypothesis on why the war hasn't gone anywhere for 1000 years: the differences in structure between Paradiso and Inferno.

Paradiso, on paper, has fewer total forces than Inferno. But Inferno does not really have any sort of central authority or hierarchy. Rather, it's every demon for themselves, as well as whatever followers the higher level demons can scrape up for themselves.

(This is sorta-supported by the fact that Bayonetta 2 does not give Gomorrah a rank. A title of renown, but not a rank. Angels all get ranks, from low to high.)

Hence, Paradiso repeatedly makes gains into Inferno, only for the demons to make a temporary alliance and throw them back out. With the immediate common threat posed by Paradiso gone, Inferno once again falls into fractious infighting, and Paradiso can lick its wounds and launch another attack.

And so on and so forth.

...so much for that hypothesis.

and to the entity who said Jubilina (flairina+jubileus) had a godly figure, hide. Jubilina is wholesome and cute, and will not be lewded without her express and direct permission, and to ensure this, a host of war angels is being led by me, and i have minmaxed my everything.

judgement is coming. and it is coming at sufficient velocity.
I mean its possible to be cute AND have a godly figure(literally)
I mean look at Asia from Highschool DxD and Aphrodite!
But I'm still gonna boop that snoot

Username checks out

Last edited:
and to the entity who said Jubilina (flairina+jubileus) had a godly figure, hide. Jubilina is wholesome and cute, and will not be lewded without her express and direct permission, and to ensure this, a host of war angels is being led by me, and i have minmaxed my everything.

Lady Jubileus, Pingas' talking about going all 'Ye Olde Testament' on 'fast enough' again...

Last edited:
Apocryphon: Ecclesiastes 3:6 (Have You Seen My Power?)
Have you seen my power?
Jon Klassen
beth2​
Jubileus' power is missing!
Jubileus summons Grace and Glory. π•³π–†π–›π–Š π–žπ–”π–š π–˜π–Šπ–Šπ–“ π–’π–ž π–•π–”π–œπ–Šπ–—?

π–‚π–Š π–π–†π–›π–Š 𝖓𝖔𝖙 π–˜π–Šπ–Šπ–“ π–žπ–”π–šπ–— π–•π–”π–œπ–Šπ–—.

Jubileus moves on.
Jubileus comes across Fortitudo. π•³π–†π–›π–Š π–žπ–”π–š π–˜π–Šπ–Šπ–“ π–’π–ž π–•π–”π–œπ–Šπ–—?

Fortitudo tells her about the Left Eye of Darkness.

𝕿𝖍𝖆𝖙 π–Žπ–˜ 𝖓𝖔𝖙 π–’π–ž π–•π–”π–œπ–Šπ–—.

Jubileus moves on.
Jubileus finds a group of Joys. π•³π–†π–›π–Š π–žπ–”π–š π–˜π–Šπ–Šπ–“ π–’π–ž π–•π–”π–œπ–Šπ–—?

The Joys pose stylishly.

Jubileus moves on.
Jubileus hails an Irenic. π•³π–†π–›π–Š π–žπ–”π–š π–˜π–Šπ–Šπ–“ π–’π–ž π–•π–”π–œπ–Šπ–—?

π•Ήπ–†π–›π–Žπ–Œπ–†π–™π–Žπ–“π–Œβ€¦

π•―π–Šπ–˜π–™π–Žπ–“π–†π–™π–Žπ–”π–“ 𝖓𝖔𝖙 π–‹π–”π–šπ–“π–‰.

π•½π–Šπ–ˆπ–†π–‘π–ˆπ–šπ–‘π–†π–™π–Žπ–“π–Œβ€¦

π•―π–Šπ–˜π–™π–Žπ–“π–†π–™π–Žπ–”π–“ 𝖓𝖔𝖙 π–‹π–”π–šπ–“π–‰.

Jubileus moves on.
Jubileus rouses the Right Eye of Light. π•³π–†π–›π–Š π–žπ–”π–š π–˜π–Šπ–Šπ–“ π–’π–ž π–•π–”π–œπ–Šπ–—?

The Right Eye of Light tells her to go to Venus.

Jubileus moves on.
Jubileus visits the Celestial Refinery. π•³π–†π–›π–Š π–žπ–”π–š π–˜π–Šπ–Šπ–“ π–’π–ž π–•π–”π–œπ–Šπ–—?

The workers of the Celestial Refinery praise Jubileus' might and majesty.

Jubileus moves on.
Jubileus is greeted by Temperantia. π•³π–†π–›π–Š π–žπ–”π–š π–˜π–Šπ–Šπ–“ π–’π–ž π–•π–”π–œπ–Šπ–—?

π–„π–”π–š π–†π–—π–Š π–™π–π–Š π–˜π–”π–›π–Šπ–—π–Šπ–Žπ–Œπ–“ 𝖔𝖋 π•»π–†π–—π–†π–‰π–Žπ–˜π–”. π•Ώπ–π–Š π–π–Šπ–†π–›π–Šπ–“π–˜ π–›π–Šπ–“π–‰ 𝖙𝖔 π–žπ–”π–šπ–— π–œπ–Žπ–‘π–‘.

Jubileus moves on.

This ought to be longer and have a proper ending, but doing it right would require a bunch of research. And possibly spoilers for the fic. So you get the "everything I know about Bayonetta I learned from this thread" version.

Thoughts on the slider format? I wanted the rhythm you get from page breaksβ€”and to avoid spreading 180 words across 70 linesβ€”and this was what I came up with. Might not work so well for mobile users.

Have you seen my power?
Eric Carle
beth2

β€”page breakβ€”​

Jubileus' power is missing!
β€”page breakβ€”​

Jubileus summons Grace and Glory. Have you seen my power?

We have not seen your power.

Jubileus moves on.
β€”page breakβ€”​

Jubileus comes across Fortitudo. Have you seen my power?

Fortitudo tells her about the Left Eye of Darkness.

That is not my power.

Jubileus moves on.
β€”page breakβ€”​

Jubileus finds a group of Joys. Have you seen my power?

The Joys pose stylishly.

That is not my power.

Jubileus moves on.
β€”page breakβ€”​

Jubileus hails an Irenic. Have you seen my power?

Navigating…

Navigating…

Navigating…

Destination not found.

Recalculating…

Recalculating…

Destination not found.

Recalculating…

Jubileus moves on.
β€”page breakβ€”​

Jubileus rouses the Right Eye of Light. Have you seen my power?

The Right Eye of Light tells her to go to Venus.

Jubileus moves on.
β€”page breakβ€”​

Jubileus visits the Celestial Refinery. Have you seen my power?

The workers of the Celestial Refinery praise Jubileus' might and majesty.

That is not my power.

Jubileus moves on.
β€”page breakβ€”​

Jubileus is greeted by Temperantia. Have you seen my power?

You are the sovereign of Paradiso. The heavens bend to your will.

That is not my power.

Jubileus moves on.

Last edited:
Read the update on SB (and the prior one, just for the refresher), saw it was here as well, spent a moment confused about why I was reading it on SB (because you recommend it in the first post, for the glow), and then just... reread the whole thing, including the parts I'd read earlier.

Still haven't played Bayonetta, but I love the heck out of this fic.
Well, those two were... surprisingly nice, honestly. I was expecting much rougher attitudes from the angels I vaguely recall being described as war gods. I expect that was mostly their deference to me overriding their normal dispositions β€” though, it probably doesn't hurt that Enochian seems to be a rather formal language just in general.
I love what that says about how you peaced out in the last chapter, if Enochian is a structurally formal language. How surprised were Rodin, Bayonetta, and Jeanne to hear this highly formal language get twisted into "See ya!", I wonder?

I love what that says about how you peaced out in the last chapter, if Enochian is a structurally formal language. How surprised were Rodin, Bayonetta, and Jeanne to hear this highly formal language get twisted into "See ya!", I wonder?
It might have been translated into "UNTIL WE MEET EACH OTHER AGAIN."

Could be seen as either a threat or a promise, from an outside perspective. :V

I suppose that's technically true. In a religious sense, you could potentially interpret it as something along the lines of "Could one of God's creations (made in hisher image and blessed with her grace and wisdom), if gifted the position and power of the Highest in Heaven, serve as an adequate enough subsitute the Almighty to remain an overall force of good in the universe?"
No.

(According to classical theism, at least, because God is not a position, but "to be" in the absolute, unqualified sense. The Arian heresy from the 4th century might disagree, since it said that Jesus was such a creature, rather than a Divine Person of the Godhead in His own right.)

There's also the question of "allowing for the existence of free will, can a single individual with the highest power 'improve' the universe?"
Would the belief in the ability to do this constitute 'Hubris'?
Is an entity that can do 'anything' capable of 'Hubris'?

All excellent questions, ripe for philosophizing on even outside the context of this fic. However...

Hubris is defined as trying to reach into the realm of gods when one is not, soooooo per definition no.

...I kinda like this answer better. :D

On that note is there a version of this without the unreadable font posted anywhere?

It... it's in the header of the chapter. I'm sorry, but I don't know how much more obvious I can make it???

That seems like a very very sad "war." Like, they're completely unable to even indirectly harm each other in any way? The best they can do is ineffectual slap fights?

Oh, they absolutely do still harm and kill each other en masse β€” we see just such a fight in the opening scenes of Bayonetta 2, in fact. The problem is that while each side can win individual battles, the war is eternal, because while demons and angels can fight in Purgatorio, they can't access each other's home territory, and therefore cannot actually stop the other from just holing up and rebuilding their forces for a while when they're losing. Not that Inferno is collectively likely to act that strategically, but not every demon is leaping out of hell towards the angels frothing at the mouth, meaning there will always still be more demons down in Inferno that the angels can't reach β€” just as the inverse is true that there will always be angels who were not on the battlefield of a major loss, and can build the forces of heaven back up over time. Thus the sort of dual-siege the two realms have going on with each other for the past 10000 years.

Weren't they fighting by proxy? I thought the sages and the witches made contracts with angels and demons and then battled each other in Purgatorio.

Of course, that does run into the brick wall of "once all the proxies for the other side are dead, what next?"

Nope β€” the sages and witches were in fact coexisting "overseers of time" originally, and weren't even technically enemies, so much as that they simply feared each other and forbid interrelations between their clans. Then the angels came along looking for the Eyes of the World (which the clans had) to revive Jubileus, Balder got corrupted and started up the Witch Hunts (after being tricked into it initially), the Umbra and Lumen went to war, annnnnd pretty much everyone got wiped out in the process. Fun times...

I actually had a hypothesis on why the war hasn't gone anywhere for 1000 years: the differences in structure between Paradiso and Inferno.

Paradiso, on paper, has fewer total forces than Inferno. But Inferno does not really have any sort of central authority or hierarchy. Rather, it's every demon for themselves, as well as whatever followers the higher level demons can scrape up for themselves.

(This is sorta-supported by the fact that Bayonetta 2 does not give Gomorrah a rank. A title of renown, but not a rank. Angels all get ranks, from low to high.)

Hence, Paradiso repeatedly makes gains into Inferno, only for the demons to make a temporary alliance and throw them back out. With the immediate common threat posed by Paradiso gone, Inferno once again falls into fractious infighting, and Paradiso can lick its wounds and launch another attack.

And so on and so forth.

...so much for that hypothesis.

You aren't actually incorrect! Paradiso IS considerably more structured and organized than Inferno, which I've noted previously over on the SB thread, and does very likely have less total forces. However, there's also a bit of lore from the notebook in the first game, which states "the inhabitants of each realm are unable to interfere with each other's affairs" β€” and, as this specifies the inhabitants of each realm are barred from doing so with the others, I decided to interpret the statement as such.

Now, mind, that information is coming from a human β€” Luka's father, specifically β€” who isn't completely in the know about how angels and demons work, even if he's very well read. However, pretty much all of his other information does ultimately turn out to be correct... and, notably, we never see angels or demons enter the human world proper. We see angels in Purgatorio with the human world as a backdrop, but they never make themselves visible to ordinary people as any more than shimmering outlines, and it's seemingly the same with demons, to the point that even when Gomorrah tears his way out of Inferno and into the NYC skyline, he still remains in Purgatorio, even though he'd have essentially no reason to care about being seen. Similarly, angels are never seen in Inferno except when Balder summons them, and demons are never seen in Paradiso except when Bayonetta or Jeanne summons them, which together seems like some pretty strong evidence for the above conclusion. The Umbra Witches and Lumen Sages seem to be the sole exception to this rule, being inherently part of multiple realms, and even then requiring out-of-the-way portals to travel to and from any of them except Purgatorio.

...of course, this is just the way I'm personally deciding to interpret all that, and could easily be invalidated by Bayonetta 3 if it ever comes out. Hopefully, however this at least helps to explain my thought process.

Lady Jubileus, Pingas' talking about going all 'Ye Olde Testament' on 'fast enough' again...

Pingas, kindly put those angels back where you found them. Hyanblade, stop being a tattletale. :rolleyes:

(Side note, I rather like "Jubilina" as a third person reference; flows better than "Flairbileus" or other variants I've seen. Turnbull on Discord also suggested "Youbileus" as a second person reference, which I honestly find hilarious. :lol:)

Have you seen my power?

Threadmarked! Heh, you always come up with such creative ways to do these.

This ought to be longer and have a proper ending, but doing it right would require a bunch of research. And possibly spoilers for the fic. So you get the "everything I know about Bayonetta I learned from this thread" version.

No worries, I'll fill in for you β€” in the end, Jubileus!me finds out that the power was actually inside me all along! I just had to believe!

(...and also beat it out of Loptr, who was hiding it from my awareness the entire time and trying to absorb it all into his own being, but same difference.)

Thoughts on the slider format? I wanted the rhythm you get from page breaksβ€”and to avoid spreading 180 words across 70 linesβ€”and this was what I came up with. Might not work so well for mobile users.

I think it works pretty well! It gives off the same impression as those chunky little picture books I remember from when I was really little, which I imagine is exactly what you were going for. Works fine on mobile for me, so I'm gonna say it's a success.

Still haven't played Bayonetta, but I love the heck out of this fic.

I'm glad! Always a lovely sort of compliment to hear. <3

Heh, I actually have an official answer for this. See, I can't use the Fraktur font/unicode characters over on FFN, so I translate any of Jubileus!me's centered speech/proclamations into actual Enochian as best I can. The translation I went with for that line ended up being "BAEOUIBE NOAN GI C", which essentially should translate into "God Be With You" β€” AKA the original, unshortened form of "Goodbye".

Whether or not that's what Bayo and company actually heard, or what they actually thought I was trying to express by saying that, I'll leave up to you to interpret. ;)

Last edited:
Heh, I actually have an official answer for you! See, I can't use the Fraktur font/unicode characters over on FFN, so I translate any of Jubileus!me's centered speech/proclamations into actual Enochian as best I can. The translation I went with for that line ended up being "BAEOUIBE NOAN GI C", which essentially should translate into "God Be WIth You" β€” AKA the original, unshortened form of "Goodbye".

Whether or not that's what Bayo and company actually heard, or what they actually thought I was trying to express by saying that, I'll leave up to you to interpret.

And that is the way bayo and Jeanne stressed themselves into a new haircut, new weapons and new outfits. They say the stress-induced Buying Spree still shakes Wall Street to this day.

Using anchor tags to index the enochian-free version might make it more usable. It might be possible to link to them directly by adding a number-sign followed by the tag to the end of the address, but I haven't actually used anchor tags so couldn't conveniently test that(It does seem to work for my first link here to the anchor tags description, so if that page is practising what it preaches...).

Then again, boring housekeeping is boring.

Last edited:
YES, BOSS!

okay, guys, operation redeemer is a no-g- YES, i know, we spent a lot of time planning this, but Her Gloriousness herself said to stop. well, really, she said to return you guys, so i can carry it out myself, but im pretty sure she meant to just put a stop to it.

Kek
Reading SB omake about Jubilina in smash meeting Kirby make me think about Jubilina messing with Cereza about the meme of Joker being Bayonetta son kek

Oh, they absolutely do still harm and kill each other in Purgatorio en masse β€” we see just such a fight in the opening scenes of Bayonetta 2, in fact. The problem is that while each side can win individual battles, the war is eternal, because the demons/angels cannot access each other's home territory, and thus cannot actually stop the other from just holing up and rebuilding their forces for a while when they're losing. Not that Inferno is collectively likely to act that strategically, but not every demon is leaping out of hell frothing at the mouth at Paradiso, meaning there will always still be demons in hell, just as the inverse is true that there will always be angels not on the battlefield to build the forces of heaven back up afterwards. Thus, the sort of dual-siege they've had going on with each other for the past 10000 years.
If they're unable to get inside each others' realms full stop, then I'm going to call that an ineffectual slap fight.

Because AFAIK what they want is not to merely deal each other a bloody nose and get their licks in. They each want to actually destroy each other as a force opposing themselves. (Or at least Paradiso wants to conquer Inferno - my imagining of the demons is that they are much more concerned with getting a leg up over their fellow demons in the here and now, and killing angels is at best instrumental to that goal).

Unless there is actually something worth fighting over in Purgatorio/the mortal realm...

(Which is not impossible, I suppose, given that both games feature Bayonetta travelling to places that exist in the earthly realm - Vigrid and Fimbulventr - yet are strongly associated with Paradiso and defended by angels.)

..then Inferno and Paradiso are sending troops to die pointlessly. It's nothing more than an elaborate form of posturing. The only reason I can think of for the angels and demons to even bother is that it increases their prestige within their respective realms in some way.

Now, mind, that information is coming from a human β€” Luka's father, specifically β€” who isn't completely in the know about how angels and demons work, even if he's very well read. However, most of his information does turn out to be correct... and notably, we never see demons or angels in the human world proper. We see them in Purgatorio, but never the human world, where they'd be visible to ordinary people as more than just shimmering outlines, and it's the same with demons, to the point that even when Gomorrah tears its way into NYC, he's still clearly in Purgatorio. Similarly, angels are never seen in Inferno except when Balder summons them, and demons are never seen in Paradiso except when Bayonetta or Jeanne summons them, which together seems like some pretty strong evidence for the above conclusion.
I'm not sure the divide between Purgatorio and the human world is a very hard one.

Angels clearly interact with the human world without trouble, when they want to. The angels, although invisible to humans, had no problems tearing Luka's father to pieces (and almost did the same to Luka himself during the events of Bayonetta 1). Bayonetta, while in Purgatorio, can break stuff and watch the humans react and flee.

Also, I remember black cats in B1 as something that existed in Purgatorio and the human world simultaneously. And, according to the Hideki Kamiya, Bayonetta can be reflected in mirrors even when in Purgatorio.

Angels remaining within Purgatorio seems to be matter of convenience more than anything else, to preserve The Masquerade for whatever reason.

I don't want to come across as backseat driving, and I'm cautious of hurting an author's muse, but...I don't think I like the idea of each realm being flat out inviolable to the other? It seems to fly in the face of the raison d'etre of the Inferno-Paradiso war.

If they're unable to get inside each others' realms full stop, then I'm going to call that an ineffectual slap fight.

Because AFAIK what they want is not to merely deal each other a bloody nose and get their licks in. They each want to actually destroy each other as a force opposing themselves. (Or at least Paradiso wants to conquer Inferno - my imagining of the demons is that they are much more concerned with getting a leg up over their fellow demons in the here and now, and killing angels is at best instrumental to that goal).

Unless there is actually something worth fighting over in Purgatorio/the mortal realm...

(Which is not impossible, I suppose, given that both games feature Bayonetta travelling to places that exist in the earthly realm - Vigrid and Fimbulventr - yet are strongly associated with Paradiso and defended by angels.)

..then Inferno and Paradiso are sending troops to die pointlessly. It's nothing more than an elaborate form of posturing. The only reason I can think of for the angels and demons to even bother is that it increases their prestige within their respective realms in some way.

You say that like basically besieging the other realm and keeping all of them trapped would not be victory in and of itself, not to mention the possibility of things worth fighting over literally anywhere else.

If I couldnΒ΄t enter your house, I could still make innumerabel kinds of trouble for you, especially if "me" actually means "unstoppable army of angels/demons that you currently lack the strength to oppose".

I don't want to come across as backseat driving, and I'm cautious of hurting an author's muse, but...I don't think I like the idea of each realm being flat out inviolable to the other? It seems to fly in the face of the raison d'etre of the Inferno-Paradiso war.

That just means they have to get creative and do things like, I dunno, ressurect the create of the universe? And whatever the demon equvalent would be, as well as less total victory versions of that.

You say that like basically besieging the other realm and keeping all of them trapped would not be victory in and of itself, not to mention the possibility of things worth fighting over literally anywhere else.

If I couldnΒ΄t enter your house, I could still make innumerabel kinds of trouble for you, especially if "me" actually means "unstoppable army of angels/demons that you currently lack the strength to oppose".
I did acknowledge the possibility of things worth fighting over in the human realm. Read. My. Post. Before you reply to it.

But AFAIK neither Bayonetta game explicitly mentioned such things. Unless this fic explicitly mentions such things, they don't exist.

Also, even if it is possible to lock either side in their realm, that's not necessarily the same as being locked in your house. Being locked in your house is bad because if you can't go out to buy groceries, you die. The more apt metaphor here would be being holed up in a castle with a dwindling food supply with an army at your gates.

But like I said, there's no explicit reason to think there's actually worth fighting over in Purgatorio or the human world. Which means that each side has an entire world/universe to themselves and everything they could need. Which is the exact opposite of being meaningfully besieged - the other dudes cannot do anything to meaningfully hurt you.

I just watched the Bayonetta 2 cutscenes on YouTube.

The ending suggested to me that Jubileus is still kicking around in some capacity as of B2, though that might have been time travel shenanigans (there are SO SO MANY time travel shenanigans in Bayonetta-verse) or Sheba wearing Jubileus like some horrifying skin-suit.

Wasn't she just kicked into the sun? Sounds less like death for a god and more "damnit how do I get out of here".

miniature floating islands
The existence of miniature ("smaller than normal") floating islands implies a standard size (range) for floating islands. I'm curious what sets this standard.

and numerous smaller sub-islands drifting about with completely different orientations and gravity from the mainland.
I choose to interpret "sub-islands" to mean "submarine-shaped islands".

Well, scattered all throughout Paradiso, apparently!
Evenly? Clumpily? Is the distribution absolutely continuous (w.r.t Lebesgue measure, of course)? Discrete? Hopefully not singular continuous, that could get messy.

Balder really screwed up by not reviving me in the realm of the angels β€” in forgoing that crucial step, all the power which should have automatically returned to me in the process failed to do so, because it was an entire realm of reality away. Though perhaps that was by design, depending on how much control Balder expected to have over me-β€”er, her...?
Well, you're getting this information from the Right Eye, which Balder also hadβ€”still has, actuallyβ€”so presumably he knew this would happen. In which case it may have been intentional on his part, or perhaps merely unavoidableβ€”circumstances may have rendered it infeasible to perform the resurrection in Paradiso. Or perhaps he just failed to ask the right questions.

Regardless, while it may not have returned to me during my "rebirth", there shouldn't be anything stopping me from simply locating all that lost energy and manually re-absorbing it now that I'm awake.
I'd use this as an excuse to write The Very Hungry Dea, but I'm saving that for when Ashtaroth gets a bit bigger.

Well, nothing wrong with a little forward-thinking.

𝕴 π–π–†π–›π–Š π–˜π–Šπ–›π–Šπ–—π–†π–‘ π––π–šπ–Šπ–˜π–™π–Žπ–”π–“π–˜ π–—π–Šπ–Œπ–†π–—π–‰π–Žπ–“π–Œ π–™π–π–Š π–ˆπ–šπ–—π–—π–Šπ–“π–™ π–˜π–™π–†π–™π–Š 𝖔𝖋 π•»π–†π–—π–†π–‰π–Žπ–˜π–”.
π•±π–Žπ–—π–˜π–™ 𝖔𝖋𝖋, π–œπ–π–Šπ–—π–Š π–ˆπ–†π–“ 𝕴 π–Œπ–Šπ–™ 𝖆 π–‰π–Šπ–ˆπ–Šπ–“π–™ π–˜π–†π–“π–‰π–œπ–Žπ–ˆπ– π–†π–—π–”π–šπ–“π–‰ π–π–Šπ–—π–Š? 𝕴'π–›π–Š π–‡π–Šπ–Šπ–“ π–π–†π–›π–Žπ–“π–Œ π–˜π–” π–’π–šπ–ˆπ– π–‹π–šπ–“ π–Šπ–π–•π–‘π–”π–—π–Žπ–“π–Œ π–’π–ž π–šπ–“π–Žπ–›π–Šπ–—π–˜π–Š 𝖙𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕴 π–‹π–”π–—π–Œπ–”π–™ 𝖙𝖔 π–Šπ–†π–™.

I smile, internally relieved. Good β€” even though that was essentially a tacit admission that I'm not as all-knowing as they presumably expect of me, their unwillingness to question God seems to be working in my favor after all.
Eh, people have been coming up with excuses for their gods' ignorance, impotence, or inaction for thousands of years. "It's a test" is reasonably popular, as are "they're just pretending for reasons you aren't allowed to know", "they just don't you like you that much", and "shut up". The angels can likely rationalize just as much as humans.

π•Ώπ–π–Šπ–ž π–π–†π–›π–Š π–†π–œπ–†π–Žπ–™π–Šπ–‰ π–žπ–”π–šπ–— π–—π–Šπ–˜π–šπ–—π–—π–Šπ–ˆπ–™π–Žπ–”π–“ π–•π–Šπ–—π–π–†π–•π–˜ π–’π–”π–—π–Šπ–˜π–” 𝖙𝖍𝖆𝖓 π–†π–“π–ž π–”π–™π–π–Šπ–—π–˜.
Just π–’π–”π–—π–Š; there's nothing to be π–˜π–”.

Frankly, I think I need to start moving Jubileus's image away from that persona β€” I doubt I'm mimicking it all that accurately anyways, and going out of my way to act selfish, entitled, and just generally ungracious is not only personally uncomfortable to me, but... well, most everything that's wrong with the Auditios' attitudes to be honest, and hardly the best example to be setting for the rest of the angels if I hope to ever make them worthy of the name.
Well, I suppose the Creator being angel-Mom is appropriate enough. You're not wrong about the need to change your character to one that you can play consistently; it'll be interesting to see how you choose to handle that transitionβ€”there are several possibilities.

I turn and stare off into the distance for a moment, the endless golden sky clashing in places with streaks of star-filled void, and wonder if it's hubris to think I truly could improve this universe.
That is an… interesting sky. Not strictly impossible, but certainly not an ordinary sort of thing.

As to hubris, given that there is no objective measure of quality, the only metric by which you could evaluate improvement is alignment with your personal preferences. There's better than even odds that the universe was not created specifically to please you, and it does not particularly appear to be metastable, so it is reasonable to think you may be able to make improvements. Reasonable to be confident, even, at least for small-scale improvements. Cosmic-scale? I still wouldn't call it hubris, unless you think you can make improvements without also making highly damaging mistakes.

the closest large piece of my original power is located within the Celestial Refinery
Is that refinery which happens to be celestial, or a facility which refines celestials? Also, interesting that your power is in discrete pieces of variable size.

If it wasn't already obvious from the way they name things, Devil May Cry and Bayonetta both take major inspiration from Dante's Inferno/Purgatorio/Paradiso (AKA the original Catholic self-insert fanfics)
You know, "divine comedy" would be a reasonable tag for this story.

No worries, I'll fill in for you β€” in the end, Jubileus!me finds out that the power was actually inside me all along! I just had to believe!

(...and also beat it out of Loptr, who was hiding it from my awareness the entire time and trying to absorb it all into his own being, but same difference.)
Oh, yeah, that works. "The power was in you all along" is usually aimed at a slightly older audience, but intentional incongruity is part of the style. Now the sole remaining major flaw is that I only managed to sneak in a single pun. I should be better than that.

I think it works pretty well! It gives off the same impression as those chunky little picture books I remember from when I was really little, which I imagine is exactly what you were going for.
Yup! The title plays on Have You Seen My Cat? (by Eric Carle, hence the struck-out author credit), although the pattern is closer to e.g. Are You My Mother? [EDIT: I misremembered; I was thinking of Jon Klassen's I Want My Hat Back, not Are You My Mother?]. I don't think I quite nailed the style, but it's close enough.

Heh, I actually have an official answer for this. See, I can't use the Fraktur font/unicode characters over on FFN, so I translate any of Jubileus!me's centered speech/proclamations into actual Enochian as best I can. The translation I went with for that line ended up being "BAEOUIBE NOAN GI C", which essentially should translate into "God Be With You" β€” AKA the original, unshortened form of "Goodbye".
Fun fact: these are two of the most common forms of farewells. Looking up various goodbyes, the most common meaning seems to be "until we see each other again" (see you later, 'til next time, arrivederci, au revoir, auf Wiedersehen, tot ziens, nΓ€kemiin, zΓ ijiΓ n, do svidaniya, etc.), and (etymologically) religious well-wishes are also quite common (goodbye, adios, adieu, Khoda Hafez, shalom, αντίο, tschΓΌss, etc.). Non-religious well-wishes (farewell, take care, have a nice day, etc.) are also common.

(Disclaimer: I have done minimal research to confirm these assertions; if I am incorrect about the usage, origin, or spelling of any of the listed phrases, I apologize.)

But like I said, there's no explicit reason to think there's anything actually worth fighting over in Purgatorio or the human world.
Barring exceptional circumstances or temporary summonings, angels cannot enter Inferno, and demons cannot enter Paradiso.
Similarly, angels are never seen in Inferno except when Balder summons them, and demons are never seen in Paradiso except when Bayonetta or Jeanne summons them, which together seems like some pretty strong evidence for the above conclusion. The Umbra Witches and Lumen Sages seem to be the sole exception to this rule, being inherently part of multiple realms, and even then requiring out-of-the-way portals to travel to and from any of them except Purgatorio.
Access to and influence over beings that they can use to strike at their enemies' homeland seems like something worth fighting over. So there's at least one thing.

Last edited:
Fanart: Jubileus!me Human Form by MG37R
Sadly, Human!Jubileus!me didn't feature in the latest chapter, and probably won't be showing up next chapter either. But I got more art of her/me, so I'm posting it anyways!

𝕴 𝖆𝖒 𝕾𝕺 𝖓𝖔𝖙 π–Žπ–“ π–™π–π–Š 𝖒𝖔𝖔𝖉 𝖋𝖔𝖗 π–™π–π–Žπ–˜...

This piece, as you can see from the watermark, comes from MG37R on Deviantart, who did an absolutely fantastic job on it. Every part, from the irritated expression, to the cross-armed lean, to the subtly-raised shoulder and head tilt... there is just so much snooty teenager energy pouring off this image that I don't think I could have possibly imagined it any better. The original Jubileus should be proud. ;)

Last edited:
Back