Mami's Maisonette: Madoka Magica Megathread

Demonstrate that Ai's information is wrong. The burden of proof is not on me. Otherwise, I don't want to hear from you anymore, since you're being rude.

Homucifer's Dark Orb
Rebellion Official Guidebook said:
Upper right: Earcuff
HOMULILLY (in Witch Runes) - Witch name is written on the torso region.
Upper left: Dark orb
Alternate form (worn only on left ear). Has the ability to quietly whisper information gathered by the witch's servants to Homura.
Bottom left:
As it is similar in nature to a witch, the dark orb will occasionally walk about on its own. It does listen to orders, but it isn't something Homura can leave unattended.
Bottom right: Lizard-shaped The eyeball is a (purple) gemstone. Madoka's power is sealed in the gemstone hanging off its tail. Unlike when she was a magical girl, when Homura uses magic, patterns come from the body, and the eye shines, giving the impression that the gemstone is not used as a medium.

Huh. While I had heard that the Dark Orb (Devil Homura's new Soul Gem) had whispered to Homura, I didn't know that it would outright just walk on its own.

Last edited:
*checks the wiki*

They can summon their witch forms in battle?!

*checks the wiki*

They can summon their witch forms in battle?!
Yes no kinda? They're called Doppels, and as far as I can tell there are differences between them and Witches.

Though it'll probably be explained more once the plot actually comes around. Kamihama city looks to be a weird place.

Last edited:
I wonder if they were witch-bombed as a result.

Oh, and it seems that the Homura showing up will be her Moemura self.

I wonder if they were witch-bombed as a result.

Oh, and it seems that the Homura showing up will be her Moemura self.
Moemura is the bribeMagical Girl you recieve in return for signing up early.

The actual Homura will probably not show up any time soon, given that Madoka's reason for coming to Kamihama is to look for her. Expect her to show up when dramatically appropiate.

Either that, or she'll be available for a limited time whenever they need more money.

Specifically, Badass Homura went ahead to this town to find a way to save Madoka, and the other Mitakihara girls are looking for her.

The plot of the game is that Kamihama is a town where "Magical Girls remain as they are"; instead of becoming Witches, they summon Doppels, and so absolute shitloads of Magical Girls are flocking to it.

So Magia Record released just recently, so here's some information (from several translators on Reddit).
  • The Witches in Kamihama city seem much stronger than other Witches by comparison.
  • A Magical Girl called Mitama is known as the "Coordinator" of Kamihama city. She apparently can't fight, but has the ability to strengthen Magical Girls somehow by tinkering with their Soul Gems.
  • Iroha is initially looking for a smaller than normal Kyuubey that speaks like "kyuu kyu" and "mokkyu". She can apparently understand it(?)
  • Small Kyuubey is apparently a mystery, as all the regular Kyuubeys except for this one disappeared from Kamihama without a trace.
  • Iroha initially appeared in Kamihama with no information about her wish, but upon touching the small Kyuubey, remembered the existence of her sickly sister Ui as well as her initial wish to heal her. From how Iroha words it, the existence and memory of her sister just completely disappeared one day.
  • Mitama actually brings up the possibility of the memory of Ui being fake, but Iroha chooses to trust it.

Last edited:
So I just watch episode 10 of the anime, again.
I have come to notice/realize something, Madoka is the goddess in all the possible universes within the Madoka magica mega-verse right?
This means that she must have already picked up Homura from another universe right?
However going by what is seen in the anime, the only time Homura had enough potential to get a wish was right after Madoka offed herself in the first timeline, that no longer is ever going to happen.
Looking at the chat between Kyubey and Homura.
"If I contract with you will any wish I have really be granted?"-Homura
"That's correct. It seems that you would qualify."-Kyubey

Now I know people are going to all go like 'but clearly Homura was able to become a magical girl already'.
But if that was the case why is it that unlike everyone else we see he asks first chance he gets? I mean if he bugged Homura before and got shot down why would he have to state that he can make a wish with her?
I mean it simply just means that Homura only got the ability to make a wish after Madoka died for her.

However, Homura was able to 'see' and understand everything that was going on before she was able to become a MG.
So the question is why? If she had the potential Kyubey would have asked earlier.

Homura always had the potential to become a Magical Girl from the beginning. It's just that Kyubey is much less pushy with potential recruits compared to Madoka "I have enough potential to become God" Kaname. He's also much more willing to wait for them to decide to become Magical Girls.

Other then Homura name a magical girl he didn't ask as soon as possible then. Also why wait until after Wally instead of right before? Homura could have died.
He told Homura she could become a Magical Girl. She decided to put it off at the advice of Mami, because she didn't know what to wish for. It was after Walpurgis when Kyubey more or less told Homura that the offer was still on the table.

Kyubey asked Tart (from Tart Magica) if she wanted to become a Magical Girl, to which she said no. Even then, he stuck around for around a year or two in the case that she wanted to change her mind, to which she eventually did.

He told Homura she could become a Magical Girl. She decided to put it off at the advice of Mami,
1. Could I please have a cite
2. they knew Wally was coming why on earth would they not want another magical girl to assist?

Edit: please give a cite because once again looking at the episode Madoka's whole,
"I am the only one who can stop Walpuris Night."
Is kinda bad if that were the case.

Last edited:
1. Could I please have a cite
Homura having the potential to become a Magical Girl is here from the Mami Route.
Homura is encouraged by Kyubey to become a magical girl, but doesn't feel she can fight.
Mami telling Homura to not become a Magical Girl on a whim is here (Drama CD 1).
Homura wonders if she should become a magical girl just like them. Madoka seems excited, but Mami tells Homura that she should never become a magical girl on a whim
2. they knew Wally was coming why on earth would they not want another magical girl to assist?
Mami and Madoka don't want to pressure Homura to become a Magical Girl when she doesn't have to. It's as simple as that.

Magia Record: Kamihana City Facts
Now that Magia Record's been out for a while, here's some updated info on the setting if anyone cares. It's still weird.
  • The situation of rumors becoming true in Kamihama City is due to Witch-like monsters called 'Rumors', whose goals are to spread and work to initiate the rumors that they were based on. It seems they kidnap those who meet completion of the rumor's condition, and violently attacks those who attempt to halt the completion of the rumor. They apparently can hypnotize Magical Girls as shown in Chapter 2 and are really durable. The wiki (so take it with a grain of salt) states that Rumors can only be defeated by doing the opposite of what the rumor represents, but I'm not exactly sure about that considering Iroha one-shots a Rumor when she first summons her Doppel.
    • By Witch-like, I mean they're pretty much Witches in that they have a barrier and minions. They do not drop Grief Seeds.
    • Some Rumors are apparently sentient and can communicate with other people, but in the end, they are still driven by their nature as Rumors.
  • There is an antagonistic group of Magical Girls called the Wings of Magius who work to try to prevent Rumors from being eradicated. They state that they're doing so to "save Magical Girls by freeing them from their curse".
    • They consider the use of Doppels proof that Magical Girls can be saved in Kamihama. This message is pretty much what Ui (Iroha's sister) was telling Homura in the prologue, "If you want to change fate, then come to Kamihama City, because magical girls can be saved in this city."
  • Summoning a Doppel can only be done when a Soul Gem is completely corrupted, and doing so completely cleanses the Soul Gem.
  • When Mami sees Iroha summon her Doppel, she believes that she is a Witch disguised as a human. The former only backs off when another Magical Girl comes to Iroha's rescue, as she states that she doesn't want to fight another Magical Girl.
  • Mami initially went to Kamihama City to investigate some rumors and didn't come back, which caused Madoka and Homura to go to the city as well.

Last edited:
When the first season was airing, we didn't(and still don't) know much about the Incubators. What is their civilization like? How many planets do they operate on? This lead to a theory that the Incubators were creations or servants of another species. Has Rebellion ruled out this possibility? If the Incubators were serving another species, Homura would of gone after them instead.
So I just watch episode 10 of the anime, again.
I have come to notice/realize something, Madoka is the goddess in all the possible universes within the Madoka magica mega-verse right?
This means that she must have already picked up Homura from another universe right?
However going by what is seen in the anime, the only time Homura had enough potential to get a wish was right after Madoka offed herself in the first timeline, that no longer is ever going to happen.
Looking at the chat between Kyubey and Homura.
"If I contract with you will any wish I have really be granted?"-Homura
"That's correct. It seems that you would qualify."-Kyubey

Now I know people are going to all go like 'but clearly Homura was able to become a magical girl already'.
But if that was the case why is it that unlike everyone else we see he asks first chance he gets? I mean if he bugged Homura before and got shot down why would he have to state that he can make a wish with her?
I mean it simply just means that Homura only got the ability to make a wish after Madoka died for her.

However, Homura was able to 'see' and understand everything that was going on before she was able to become a MG.
So the question is why? If she had the potential Kyubey would have asked earlier.
This raises the question: What is the multiverse in Madoka Magica? I was under the impression that the multiverse was the 100 or so timelines that Homura created by time travel. This would mean there is exactly one Homura in the multiverse.

If the Incubators were serving another species, Homura would of gone after them instead.
I think you're overestimating Homura as rational actor.

The Incubators might be under the control of someone else, but after what they did to Homura, I doubt she'll accept anything less than their enslavement.

When the first season was airing, we didn't(and still don't) know much about the Incubators. What is their civilization like? How many planets do they operate on? This lead to a theory that the Incubators were creations or servants of another species. Has Rebellion ruled out this possibility? If the Incubators were serving another species, Homura would of gone after them instead.

This raises the question: What is the multiverse in Madoka Magica? I was under the impression that the multiverse was the 100 or so timelines that Homura created by time travel. This would mean there is exactly one Homura in the multiverse.

Homura doesn't create timelines, she's visiting them. They have differences that diverge from before her entry, like Kyousuke being a guitar player in the third timeline.

If we go by Homura Tamura, which is obviously of the highest canon and on the same level as the movies, there are a multitude of Homura spread across dimensions.

In fact, you could plausibly have a Magia Record April Fools Event where every single in-game Magical Girl is replaced by an appropiate Homura.

So I got a copy of Homura Tamura and it seams that Homura does go to a different timeline with each new reset. I wonder what happens to the Homura native to a timeline when the timeline hopping Homura visits.

That being said...
Homura Tamura can't be canon or at least it's main character is a different Homura than we see in the anime. Homura in Homura Tamura is 26, which means she would have spent 12 years looping which means around 144 loops. This contradicts Gen Urobichi's statement that the number of loops Homura went though was "nearing 100". Also, some most of the timelines Homura visits are just absurd.

So I got a copy of Homura Tamura and it seams that Homura does go to a different timeline with each new reset. I wonder what happens to the Homura native to a timeline when the timeline hopping Homura visits.

That being said...
Homura Tamura can't be canon or at least it's main character is a different Homura than we see in the anime. Homura in Homura Tamura is 26, which means she would have spent 12 years looping which means around 144 loops. This contradicts Gen Urobichi's statement that the number of loops Homura went though was "nearing 100". Also, some most of the timelines Homura visits are just absurd.
each loop lasts about 45 days, not just a month.
which means that 100 loops could be 12 years.

Yea, 26 is accurate to main timeline Homura; and Homuras physically vanish when they loop out.

Back