Mami's Maisonette: Madoka Magica Megathread

The last chapter outright states that if left unchecked, the giant Wraith would bring calamity to the world. So yes, it was on its way to becoming a world ending monstrosity.
Well of course, as more and more wraiths went insane they would switch from passively draining emotions from people to killing them, which division of the powers drained from Homura and the ability to stop time they would slowly wipe out all life on earth, which is nothing compared to Gretchen who would outright eat the earth.

Ai explicitly says that the giant Wraith would eventually corrupt and destroy the entire universe, so that nothing remains. Literally, it's an avatar of the Witch of Despair, a universe-ending entity.

Ai explicitly says that the giant Wraith would eventually corrupt and destroy the entire universe, so that nothing remains. Literally, it's an avatar of the Witch of Despair, a universe-ending entity.
I mean I understand what your saying and yes Gretchen would be producing an never ending amount of grief
I mean Aura, considering it had months going from simply when Homura first got her powers taken to when the dokawraith took her soul...... and nothing major seem to have happened. So, I think I will call BS on it taking out the universe.

I mean Aura, considering it had months going from simply when Homura first got her powers taken to when the dokawraith took her soul...... and nothing major seem to have happened. So, I think I will call BS on it taking out the universe.
The window between Homura getting her powers taken to Wraithpurgis happening is about a little more than a week at minimum to maybe 2-3 weeks at maximum. Wraith Madoka outright said that the giant Wraith had isolated itself in order to devote itself to digesting the emotional energy that it was receiving from Krimheld Gretchen even though it would eventually succumb to it, which explains why it took some time for the giant Wraith to get completely corrupted as it did. When Wraithpurgis arrived, that's the sign that it ultimately failed and succumbed to the curses completely.

The mutated giant Wraith isn't literally Krimheld Gretchen, nor in its scale of power or in identity, but it is described as a "manifestation" of it and carries the purpose of bringing calamity to the world, to which AuraTwilight has already described in detail. By the time it appeared, it was outright one-shotting the Magical Girls meaning that yeah, it was getting stronger.

Um...it was a few days. And also how does any of that even matter? It's a complete nonsequitor.

Um...it was a few days. And also how does any of that even matter? It's a complete nonsequitor.

1 week.

another month, 5 weeks.
As for a nonsequitor, well needless to say
I am making the assumption that the incubators are fully capable of killing it long before it reaches that point, An it is far from unkillable even by regular magical girls considering the fact that it seems to have done little large scale damage in the timeframe its had it powers mean's either
A. It's not stronger then Wally,
B. It's hasn't gone entirely insane yet.
Considering that dokawraith wanted Homura who has literally no power to somehow kill it....... Well I just simply Don't hold it as a credible world ending threat, after all Homura was left with some magic and power and while it was curses inside the Wraiths........... Well regular magical girls fill with curses too.

I think we can all agree that whenever Homura shows up, time starts getting weird.

As for a nonsequitor, well needless to say

I am making the assumption that the incubators are fully capable of killing it long before it reaches that point, An it is far from unkillable even by regular magical girls considering the fact that it seems to have done little large scale damage in the timeframe its had it powers mean's either
Considering that dokawraith wanted Homura who has literally no power to somehow kill it....... Well I just simply Don't hold it as a credible world ending threat, after all Homura was left with some magic and power and while it was curses inside the Wraiths........... Well regular magical girls fill with curses too.
Just because it has less physical strength than Walpurgisnacht and Kriemhild doesn't neccesarily mean it can be destroyed more easily than those. "Physically weaker but practically unkillable" is a pretty common monster type, after all.
And given the way it basically killed by inflicting instant-death rather than throwing buildings, it makes sense to treat as a more esotheric threat than the Witch of Stage-construction.

As for Homura destroying it, well, given that it was born of Homura's magic it makes sense for Homura to be more effective against it. Madoka is the only thing shown to be capable of defeated Kriemhild Gretchen, and of course Rebellion had a lot of imagery of Homura killing Homura.

Rebellion had a lot of imagery of Homura killing Homura.
Homura specifically brought in other people to kill her. I mean hell Homura's whole witch is basically failing to kill itself no-matter what it tries.
Madoka is the only thing shown to be capable of defeated Kriemhild Gretchen
Considering the fact that Gretchen still seem's to be able to cause shit Madoka doesn't seem to be doing that well of a job of having it be destroyed.

1 week.

another month, 5 weeks.

That's assuming that Homura got ambushed by the Wraith a day or two after Sayaka's death. We don't even know how much time went by between Sayaka dying, Homura transferring in, and Homura losing her power to the Wraiths. The time between these events could go from anywhere from a few days to a few weeks.

The only confirmation of a timeline after Homura lost her powers was that she spent a few days waiting for her powers to come back, to which Kyubey explained it wouldn't happen. Then she met Wraith Madoka, and spent a week trying to track down the giant Wraith. And then shit started to go down with the mutated giant Wraith. A little bit more than 1 week is the minimum time, while a little bit more than 5 weeks is the absolute maximum time, and the latter is assuming there was little to no delay between Sayaka dying, Homura transferring, and Homura getting her power stolen by the Wraiths.

Homura specifically brought in other people to kill her. I mean hell Homura's whole witch is basically failing to kill itself no-matter what it tries.
No, she brought in other people to help make her dream world. She just assumed that two veteran Magical Girls would be sufficient to kill herself.

And Homulily's theme is not killing herself, it's getting executed as penance for her sins. Except that said sins are too dire to be absolved by death, so she ressurects. Deep down, Homura herself does not want to die either, as evidenced by the fact that Homulilly has two large, grabby hands that desperately try to hold on to anything that might slow down her execution.

Considering the fact that Gretchen still seem's to be able to cause shit Madoka doesn't seem to be doing that well of a job of having it be destroyed.
That Gretchen was located inside a pocket dimension located inside her own shield made in a timeline that no longer exists. If there's any place outside Madoka's jurisdiction, it would be there.
(plus, I kinda assumed that the Gretchen was Homura's own curses, which given her Rebellion could probably rival a universe, but I'm an idiot so that theory isn't sound)

That's assuming that Homura got ambushed by the Wraith a day or two after Sayaka's death. We don't even know how much time went by between Sayaka dying, Homura transferring in, and Homura losing her power to the Wraiths. The time between these events could go from anywhere from a few days to a few weeks.

The only confirmation of a timeline after Homura lost her powers was that she spent a few days waiting for her powers to come back, to which Kyubey explained it wouldn't happen. Then she met Wraith Madoka, and spent a week trying to track down the giant Wraith. And then shit started to go down with the mutated giant Wraith. A little bit more than 1 week is the minimum time, while a little bit more than 5 weeks is the absolute maximum time, and the latter is assuming there was little to no delay between Sayaka dying, Homura transferring, and Homura getting her power stolen by the Wraiths.
Considering the wraith that Sayaka die fighting is the one that stole Homura's powers, and that wraith came specifically because the wraiths felt Homura emotions before she arrived I highly doubt their is much time between the two events.

And Homulily's theme is not killing herself, it's getting executed as penance for her sins. Except that said sins are too dire to be absolved by death, so she ressurects. Deep down, Homura herself does not want to die either, as evidenced by the fact that Homulilly has two large, grabby hands that desperately try to hold on to anything that might slow down her execution.
Well deep down Homura believes witchdom is a fate worse then death. (If she didn't then killing Madoka all thouse timelines ago would have driven her to becoming a witch/killing herself much faster.
That Gretchen was located inside a pocket dimension located inside her own shield made in a timeline that no longer exists. If there's any place outside Madoka's jurisdiction, it would be there.
Considering that timeline is the same one Madoka came from...... I don't get how the witch still lived.

Considering the wraith that Sayaka die fighting is the one that stole Homura's powers, and that wraith came specifically because the wraiths felt Homura emotions before she arrived I highly doubt their is much time between the two events.
The doesn't mean anything about the timeline between the events. Chapter 3 implies that that several days went by at least between Homura's transfer and Homura being defeated by the Wraiths, meaning that while the Wraiths were after Homura's powers, they didn't actively go after her.

Long story short, vague timeline is vague.

Homura specifically brought in other people to kill her.

ICH TÖTE MICH (lit. "I kill myself").

Time: 00:20:15

You missed the point of his statement; Omega meant it more in the emotional sense rather than literally killing her.
So what does this all mean?

Absolutely nothing because this happens between the anime and Rebellion. If you only watched the anime, you're fine. /missing the point of your previous post

Last edited:
SpeckofStardust said:
another month, 5 weeks.

This is worthless without knowing the time table for when Sayaka dies compared to when Homura gets her magic drained, but nice try.

We have no proof the Incubators could do anything about it, that's baseless. It's also objectively stronger than Wally. Dokawraith is Ai, so of course she had faith in Homura's ability to take care of the problem; she knew it for a fact since she WAS Homura's ability to handle the problem, given sentience.

Madoka will fight the Witch of Despair forever; that's the whole point of Mami saying she had a cursed fate of fighting witches forever.

Madoka will fight the Witch of Despair forever; that's the whole point of Mami saying she had a cursed fate of fighting witches forever.
... Or the fact that as long as there is magical girls witches will 'try' to be born from them.
It's also objectively stronger than Wally.
:Citation Needed:.
Dokawraith is Ai, so of course she had faith in Homura's ability to take care of the problem; she knew it for a fact since she WAS Homura's ability to handle the problem, given sentience.
Then why didn't she handle it herself if she was all that was needed to handle it?

Mega-Wraith tries to destroy all of existance, Walpurgisnacht doesn't.

Personally, I'd argue that it's more differently strong than objectively stronger (Walpurgisnacht certainly seemed more capable of collateral damage to me, even if it had lower killing potential), but said reading is supported.
Is the person that gives us this lovely info AI alone? Because if so I kinda don't trust the power/entity that is supposedly the representation of the connections between Homura and the Madoka/Grecthen.

Then why didn't she handle it herself if she was all that was needed to handle it?

"I am someone who exists for Homura's sake."

Is the person that gives us this lovely info AI alone? Because if so I kinda don't trust the power/entity that is supposedly the representation of the connections between Homura and the Madoka/Grecthen.

I trust her because she is literally a personified info-dump from the author. Doubting her word is literally worthless wanking and I won't entertain it.

"I am someone who exists for Homura's sake."
Meaning she has a reason to lie in order to make Homura feel better, check.
I trust her because she is literally a personified info-dump from the author. Doubting her word is literally worthless wanking and I won't entertain it.
If the info only comes from her, and she gets no backing from the other info dump called Kyubey, well the thing is she is limited to the information of Homura (who has surprised her before) Madoka (the only character that outright lied in the anime) an once again neither Madoka or Homura is all knowing, soooo ya. Then again if you cant entertained the idea AI may be wrong/untruthful then there is no point in continuing this because your just going to hide behind your condition so. Good day.

Then again if you cant entertained the idea AI may be wrong/untruthful then there is no point in continuing this because your just going to hide behind your condition so.
I mean.

You asked for a citation, he gave it, and then you asked for an absolute statement that cannot be.

So who is hiding behind conditions in this?

Meaning she has a reason to lie in order to make Homura feel better, check.

If the info only comes from her, and she gets no backing from the other info dump called Kyubey, well the thing is she is limited to the information of Homura (who has surprised her before) Madoka (the only character that outright lied in the anime) an once again neither Madoka or Homura is all knowing, soooo ya.
Ai is literally meant to be an info dump from the author. Saying, "she's lying" or "she may be wrong" is dumb because she's meant to be the author's way of providing exposition. Storywise, the info that she provides comes from several sources. She's part of Homura, literally her magic and therefore knows the mechanics of how it works, and she was part of the network connected to the giant Wraith during her time as Wraith Madoka. So yes, she knows the danger of the giant Wraith, and she knows how it's being affected by Krimheld Gretchen as well as Homura's magic.

She obviously doesn't know everything, but considering her nature and the events that occurred in the Wraith Arc, she's the person most qualified to give accurate exposition about Homura's magic and the Wraiths.
Then again if you cant entertained the idea AI may be wrong/untruthful then there is no point in continuing this because your just going to hide behind your condition so. Good day.
Now this is just being rude. Stop it.

Back