MAD MARIO: RAINBOW ROAD - The Super Mario Bros. Movie

I personally would have liked Nick Offerman, play Mario as a blue-collar worker who's lightly annoyed being Isekai'd in the middle of a job.

damn you. damn you for stealing the funny comic i was about to link.

I'm in the minority that I don't *mind* Chris Pratt as Mario. I have enough fond memories of him from da memes that seeing him cast as Mario feels natural, and I'm ready for some dumb-ass bullshit. I like how Illumination movies look, and tbh this casting has me excited to see what happens.

I'm also disappointed Normal Mario didn't get cast for the role. It sucks and I wish he'd gotten his due.

damn you. damn you for stealing the funny comic i was about to link.

I'm in the minority that I don't *mind* Chris Pratt as Mario. I have enough fond memories of him from da memes that seeing him cast as Mario feels natural, and I'm ready for some dumb-ass bullshit. I like how Illumination movies look, and tbh this casting has me excited to see what happens.

I'm also disappointed Normal Mario didn't get cast for the role. It sucks and I wish he'd gotten his due.

I actually discussed this elsewhere, Martinet will be co.staring with Pratt for this one. And honestly I think having the torch passed down is going have to happen at some point, the man is venerable and Miyamoto does agree with the execs that Pratt with his merits in being in every well known youth adaptation means he know how to channel that mario spirit.

I actually discussed this elsewhere, Martinet will be co.staring with Pratt for this one. And honestly I think having the torch passed down is going have to happen at some point, the man is venerable and Miyamoto does agree with the execs that Pratt with his merits in being in every well known youth adaptation means he know how to channel that mario spirit.
it it winds up being old-man Mario talking about young-man Mario that would be rad.

Technically he is going to have a Cameo but Martinet definjty is going help Pratt with his role as Mario

Do not tempt the furries

they're already going to have a field day
There's a reason why they didn't try to make CATs look sexy(/remotely appealing)

Because if they did with the right budget.

the internet will be irreparably damaged

Hey, come on, I know the furry hate is memetic at this point but that doesn't make it right.

Last edited:
Do not tempt the furries

they're already going to have a field day
There's a reason why they didn't try to make CATs look sexy(/remotely appealing)

Because if they did with the right budget.

the internet will be irreparably damaged
Who do you think birth some of the earlier furries movement
Cat!

A true beloved adoption would make it 10 times worse
...You have a catperson avatar. Is your hypocrisy deliberate, with comedic intent?

The main reason I'm disappointed about Chris Pratt as Mario is not because I have a specific better VA in mind, but because Chris Pratt is an ass.

www.polygon.com

Nintendo delays the Super Mario movie to 2023

Miyamoto promises ‘it will be well worth the wait’
Mario creator and game designer Shigeru Miyamoto made the announcement himself, on Twitter, through Nintendo of America's account. Miyamoto said he and his co-producer on the film, Illumination CEO Chris Meledandri, made the decision to delay their Mario movie.

The Super Mario Bros. movie was slated for a Dec. 21 theatrical release. Its new April 2023 release puts it out of the way of another highly anticipated film, James Cameron's Avatar 2, which is supposed to hit theaters on Dec. 16.

Back