Log Horizon Discussion Thread

I wonder where that whirlpool of gold gets its money. It has to be via some guild or tax system because else the economy would experience hyperinflation.

You actually see that quite often in MMO's, mobs drop money faster than the coins leave the economy causing heavy inflation. In World of Warcraft prices tend to double every year or so.

WoW wouldn't have quite the same inflation problem if money only came from monsters - it's probably the smallest source of new gold in the system. On top of direct money drops, there's gray vendor trash, which grows more and more valuable; soul-bound items that get vendored by non-disenchanters; and quest rewards. Lots and lots of quest rewards. Especially since the removal of the cap on doing daily quests - you can now spend an entire day doing nothing but quick daily quests and *rake* in the gold. IIRC I got an achievment for doing 25 dailies in one day - then I kept going well past fifty, before I had something else I needed to do.

How are the other cities dealing with their financial woes?

By not having ownership of the buildings they live in?

Also, I don't remember if it was mentioned in season one that Shiroe didn't buy the buildings but simply rented them?

It's the same thing. You buy the building but there's a regular upkeep payment demanded.

I'm a little disappointed by the animation. I went straight from re-watching the last season to this and the quality doesn't seem as good. I think they may have rushed a bit to complete this season in time.

I wasn't impressed with the first sequence before the credits. It didn't hook me in.

The story is good - it fleshes out from the books quite well. And it's nice to see the characters back so I'll wait and see how it goes.

Overall, not bad, but I think perhaps it might have been a better.

Mostly a set up episode and I didn't see that many major animation changes except for Maryelle's character design particularly the hair.

So, I'm pretty happy with our new first episode all things considered. I haven't read the Light Novels this far, but things seem like they'll be at least as interesting as season one.

Also I am so psyched that the kept Database as the OP. I don't know how I would have dealt with not hearing that before each episode.

While the OP is really good, it does feel very strange to see a second season with the same OP - when was the last time that happened with an anime? The only recent-ish show that I can remember sticking to one OP for this long was Dragonball Kai, which didn't have a season breaks, and was originally animated in the 90s...

Normal for low budget shows on NHK.
They are the ones Western fans usually don't bother with

I kinda wish they made a second OP... but at the same time, it works.

All them spoilers man. All them spoilers.

And yet I have no idea what's going to happen this season, apart from that some girl with blonde hair is going to be important.

EDIT: I was hoping for more of the Foxy Lady from the last season's finale, though. Where is she?

And yet I have no idea what's going to happen this season, apart from that some girl with blonde hair is going to be important.

EDIT: I was hoping for more of the Foxy Lady from the last season's finale, though. Where is she?

After what Shiroe said, my guess is that she is busy whipping her slaves to bring more money so that they can keep up with her shopping habits. :p

From what I understand the second season is by a different animation studio- that's why everything looks different (particularly the eyes).

I was pleasantly surprised that Database made a return

From what I understand the second season is by a different animation studio- that's why everything looks different (particularly the eyes).

I was pleasantly surprised that Database made a return
Different studio but apparently the team is mostly the same? Not sure how that works, but that's what I've heard.

Our first look at Kanami. Admit it. You'd let her punch and kick the crap out of you and enjoy every second of it.

You also can't get a bust that size in real life either.

Marielle a perfect... wait... what did they do to your HAIR?! DEEEEEEEEEEEN! I wanted her ears out more but not at the expense of her luxurious golden hair. :(

The rent is too damn high!

Akatsuki has the best facial expressions. Also, Isuzu, you're really rocking it mexican style with that sombrero, poncho, and totally-not-an-ammo-belt. You sure you didn't want to sign up for that gun slinging old west MMO?

Kanami's party with a ninja turtle and-

WAIT.

YOU THERE.

TO THE RIGHT AND IN THE BACKGROUND.

ARE YOU DUAL WIELDING SHIELDS?!

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY FUCKING MONEY!

Do recall that the room with all the books from last season is likely only a fraction of his records. And he read ALL OF THEM.

"How do you kill that which has no life?"

Okay, I giggled a bit. That little bit of interaction there made me grin like an idiot.

For the rest of the recap, head over to Imgur.

The first episode was pretty good. The anachronic order irritating, especially since it kept jumping around a lot so that by the time you managed to get a handle on things you were thrown again. Hopefully that doesn't last past the first episode though.

The animation studio has also changed, from Satelight (I think) last season to Deen in this one. They're both QUALITY studios when it comes to animation and that QUALITY shows up differently. I snarked the quality last season, I intend to do no differently here. What Deen did to Marielle's hair was a crime. It's blonde! Not lime green! In all seriousness though, we'll all probably be used to Deen's take on the Log Horizons after a few more episodes, so it shouldn't rub too badly for too long.

I'm honestly glad that they kept Database as the OP. Frankly, nothing else could possibly match or even top it, it's just that damn good.

WAIT.

YOU THERE.

Apparently double shields is a legitimate thing in Log Horizon. The fox-guy guard of Marves late last season also doubled up on shields, although his had razor edges.

WAIT.
YOU THERE.
Also from the few views of her it looks like she's wearing a maid outfit.

A Guardian (I assume) with a maid theme to her armor that dual wields shields...
Da Fuq?

Holy carp, DEEN. The heck did you do to Kanami's chest?

I mean, don't get me wrong, I'm used to unrealistic figures in anime. And to my shame, I'll admit that I appreciated Nureha's design in that respect more than I should have.

Still, it doesn't hurt to have a little consistency, does it? I mean, hell, Kanami looked just fine in the flashbacks in season one.

Blah, first Mari's hair and now this. Just something else to get used to I guess. *sigh* ...And I just realized that because Kanami is on a different character than the one from the flashbacks they actually have justification and ugggggh!

>still waiting another couple days for Log Hora S2 to be free on crunchyroll<

Back