Let's Play XCOM 2: SVCOM 2.0 [Legendary Difficulty]

I love how @Aleph is a filthy traitor to humanity and yet she's still pretty damn casual about, well, everything.

I love how @Aleph is a filthy traitor to humanity and yet she's still pretty damn casual about, well, everything.
Let's be super fair here.

Aleph won SVCOM 1.0. The last, best, only chance of humanity died mostly because she was pulling the trigger (or lured them to their deaths). She got everything she ever wanted (blood, skulls, unlimited power) and right now, she's winning for double-realsies. The Avatar Project, whatever it is, is basically going to give Aleph Super Alephjin II mode (psychic Aleph was Super-Alephjin I) or something. Complete with crazy power puff-of-flame hair. Every reason to be casual about shit like SVCOM 2.0, because the lasterest, best hope for humantiy is pretty much a tiny, shitty gnat compared to the ADVENT administration and the essentially unlimited grunt armies of the aliens.

She's casual about it because SVCOM doesn't pose a threat.

Yet. :mad:

Let's be super fair here.

Aleph won SVCOM 1.0. The last, best, only chance of humanity died mostly because she was pulling the trigger (or lured them to their deaths). She got everything she ever wanted (blood, skulls, unlimited power) and right now, she's winning for double-realsies. The Avatar Project, whatever it is, is basically going to give Aleph Super Alephjin II mode (psychic Aleph was Super-Alephjin I) or something. Complete with crazy power puff-of-flame hair. Every reason to be casual about shit like SVCOM 2.0, because the lasterest, best hope for humantiy is pretty much a tiny, shitty gnat compared to the ADVENT administration and the essentially unlimited grunt armies of the aliens.

She's casual about it because SVCOM doesn't pose a threat.

Yet. :mad:
Thing is, the original SVCOM didn't pose much of a thread to begin with either. Methinks she should work on her pattern recognition.

If Generica dies, can I replace him as his cousin?
Thing is, the original SVCOM didn't pose much of a thread to begin with either. Methinks she should work on her pattern recognition.
In the defense of her viewpoint, SVCOM was fighting on home ground. Sure most people didn't know about them, but they had government and military support etc. Now, as it was put before, SVCOM 2.0 is the aliens. The people are mostly on the side of the xenos, and the xenos have bases everywhere.

No seriously @Swordomatic how the fuck did Generica live through that?!

This is on legendary to begin with. And then bleedouts are flipping rare to the point where I've only ever had a soldier bleed out on me once in like a hundred hours of gameplay.

Generica was literally on one hit point with a fucking codex in the area. How the- Why- How- why.

Why is he still alive I actually had money on him dying this update.

:V

He's either the luckiest son-of-a-bitch I've ever seen or the unluckiest son-of-a-bitch I've ever seen.

or both.

Original SVCOM made it all the way to the Temple-Ship - i.e. a hair's breadth from victory - before most of the A-Team was slaughtered. After that, Aleph just continued her betrayal: What could the base defense do against Aleph, backed up by all the aliens, without the A-Team (because they were dead or mostly-dead)? Nothing. They lost, in the end.

SVCOM canon isn't XCOM 2 canon where XCOM failed horribly at everything immediately: They were almost victorious, until the grandest act of treason in the history of humanity brought them low.

Wait so if Old SVCOM is like the Imperium of man and the Commander is an analogue to the Emperor and Aleph is basically Horus...

Then who's Sanguinius?

... how the fuck did Generica live through that.

What.
Improved Bleedout Mod, which I literally got right before the mission. Well worth it, I'd say. :V
Wait so if Old SVCOM is like the Imperium of man and the Commander is an analogue to the Emperor and Aleph is basically Horus...

Then who's Sanguinius?
The original EarthScorpion.

The A-Team members who died on the Temple Ship are, if I recall correctly... ckk185, EarthScorpion, MJ12Commando, Lilithium, Zhang, Annette, Nasdaq, shadenight123, and a bunch of people I can't recall off the top of my head. The only two survivors are Havoc and Strype.

Corn doesn't count because [REDACTED], and Aleph doesn't count because she killed them all to begin with ads;khasdfjhdlkhflhdsf;j;j

Improved Bleedout Mod, which I literally got right before the mission. Well worth it, I'd say. :V

The original EarthScorpion.

The A-Team members who died on the Temple Ship are, if I recall correctly... ckk185, EarthScorpion, MJ12Commando, Lilithium, Zhang, Annette, Nasdaq, shadenight123, and a bunch of people I can't recall off the top of my head. The only two survivors are Havoc and Strype.

Corn doesn't count because [REDACTED], and Aleph doesn't count because she killed them all to begin with ads;khasdfjhdlkhflhdsf;j;j
So I never actually read the original LP. I decided to open up the thread and skip to the end to see what exactly happened on the temple-ship gameplay wise, but the last update was on a shot-down UFO or something?

So I never actually read the original LP. I decided to open up the thread and skip to the end to see what exactly happened on the temple-ship gameplay wise, but the last update was on a shot-down UFO or something?
Something happened IRL, and Swordo either lost the last updates or couldn't actually do them, so he's established a story of what happened that we didn't see and given his commander-self minor amnesia over those events. Other characters that survived do know parts of what happened, however, and it's primarily how we, the readers, are finding out what happened ourselves.

Back