Lets Get To It! Rwby Ideas/discussion Thread

Giorno isn't a Dhampir. A Dhampir is the offspring of a human and a vampire. Due to certain things*, Giorno is technically 1/3rd a vampire, same with DIO's other sons. Jaune would be even further down the line.

*the head of the vampire Dio Brando attached to the body of the non vampire Jonathan Joestar, who then mated with a human woman.

Presumably, it's because you're giving Jaune a massive power up with no tradeoffs, combined with the fact that Jaune is the one who usually gets this treatment in the fandom. That's just my guess, though.

:V
If it helps, I'm also giving Yang a stand to start with. Not only does Pyrokinesis has nothing to do with her power meter, but she has /several/ tells for her semblance.

It may or may not be Summer.

And I'm thinking what to do with Weiss which has /the/ Canon hereditary semblance. Especially since while her Glyphs may be actually explained easily as a a semblance, adding necromancy is fucking magic.

Last edited:
Seven gonna seven.
Still, do you really need his story to intersect with the canon cast pre-Beacon? Seems a bit over the top to me.
By "not compatible" do you mean "they're not the same kind of thing" or "they are the same kind of thing, therefore one person can't have both"?
It just opens a lot more possibilities and avenues before we are locked inside Beacon's plot. And I mean that someone can't have both. Both of them are manifestations of your souls, but Semblances drain up your life energy to be used while stands are... well, as officially described; 'Ghostly.'

There may be exceptions, or things may be changed tough. I'm still thinking if giving Yang an Stand is a good idea. Also, I might make Ren a Ripple Adept.

And I'm definitely giving Neo a stand now, to keep on the theme of villians having stands capable of fucking up space-time. No, it's not because Neo is best girl!

/me needs to start plotting more plot.

Any commentaries, ideas, anything would be appreciated. No matter how crazy or bizzare.

Tells you I've been playing DS3 too much, but...

A RWBY fic where Jaune's (see, I almost wrote "Jeanne," there) Semblance is basically the Dark Souls level up mechanic: he builds up a "charge" from killing Grimm or defeating human opponents (maybe just dealing damage instead?) and can "spend" that charge to increase his abilities in increments. Naturally, the higher one of his abilities is, the larger the charge must be before it can be spent on it. He could probably also do a Dauntless (from Worm) sort of thing and upgrade his equipment (within a certain maximum) with the charge, too.

The Deathstalker from Initiation would be the first boss, or a miniboss. Probably a boss, like Iudex Gundyr. Maybe.

"Soul of an Old Grimm," maybe, from which you can build a greatshield with great physical block and maybe high fire resist? Or "Soul of Deathstalker Serket." Then "Soul of Nevermore Pallas," which...would transpose into a sorcery staff or a sorcery in DS, but since those don't exist in RWBY...

Man, I would love to see it, but it would be a pain to write.

Tells you I've been playing DS3 too much, but...

A RWBY fic where Jaune's (see, I almost wrote "Jeanne," there) Semblance is basically the Dark Souls level up mechanic: he builds up a "charge" from killing Grimm or defeating human opponents (maybe just dealing damage instead?) and can "spend" that charge to increase his abilities in increments. Naturally, the higher one of his abilities is, the larger the charge must be before it can be spent on it. He could probably also do a Dauntless (from Worm) sort of thing and upgrade his equipment (within a certain maximum) with the charge, too.

The Deathstalker from Initiation would be the first boss, or a miniboss. Probably a boss, like Iudex Gundyr. Maybe.

"Soul of an Old Grimm," maybe, from which you can build a greatshield with great physical block and maybe high fire resist? Or "Soul of Deathstalker Serket." Then "Soul of Nevermore Pallas," which...would transpose into a sorcery staff or a sorcery in DS, but since those don't exist in RWBY...

Man, I would love to see it, but it would be a pain to write.
Better: Ren has the Dark Souls Semblance. That's why he has so little stamina, because he hasn't hunted many Grimm. But don't worry; by the time V4 rolls around, he will have stamina for days.

Warning: Warning
I'm sorry, all I'm hearing is
*fapfapfapfapfap*
warning Maybe you should get your ears checked. Here, lemme block you off from the thread indefinitely, see how that helps your hearing. We here at Sufficient Velocity take the physical welfare of our users very seriously. Sound is half the experience after all!

(This took far too long and I apologise for that. Carry on.)

So, I have a story I want to write. Well, it's not so much a story as it is a few lines of dialogue that I don't know how to expand on. Treat this as a prompt or whatever.

"Hey, do you ever wonder what happened to the moon?"
"Nah."
"Why not?"
"Because I already know what happened to it."
"C'mon. Be serious."
"It's true!"
"Okay. Will you tell me? How did the moon shatter?"
"Love."
"Love?"
"Sure. Only thing strong enough, don't you think?"

I don't know who is having this conversation, whether they're lying, telling the truth, or speaking metaphorically, but it's been stuck in my head. Any thoughts on how to expand this or what kind of thing this could fit into would be appreciated.

Eh, maybe I'm just a hopeless anti-romantic, but in my mind the only possible next line is *rolls eyes* "Okay, smart-ass, but what specifically happened?"

But then, Remnant probably has myths and legends to explain it. I mean, Earth has some, and our moon doesn't look half as interesting. And none of the made-up stories are half as awesome as where the moon really came from, which sounds like it could be something out of a Michael Bay movie.

Last edited:
"Love."

You know for a second I thought you were going for a Eureka Seven* crossover.

*For those who haven't seen it the series ends with a love heart being carved into the surface of the moon, big enough that it covers 95% of the moon, with the main couple's names inside it. This is done through The Power Of Love!

"Love."

The first thing that comes to mind for me is the story of Ozpin's mistakes and his relationship with Salem. The person telling the story might not be him and the audience may not know who the subject is at first. Given the dialog, I could see Qrow as the narrator.

Depending on the tone you want, it could wind up as a drama(they both made mistakes that led up to this), a comedy(a fairly dark one most likely, but young and reckless Ozpin's mistakes ending with the moon being broken could be very funny), or a tragedy(goes without saying).

So, I have a story I want to write. Well, it's not so much a story as it is a few lines of dialogue that I don't know how to expand on. Treat this as a prompt or whatever.

"Hey, do you ever wonder what happened to the moon?"
"Nah."
"Why not?"
"Because I already know what happened to it."
"C'mon. Be serious."
"It's true!"
"Love."
"Love?"
"Sure. Only thing strong enough, don't you think?"

I don't know who is having this conversation, whether they're lying, telling the truth, or speaking metaphorically, but it's been stuck in my head. Any thoughts on how to expand this or what kind of thing this could fit into would be appreciated.

and why am I seeing Timon and Pumba having this conversation? Oh yeah, because of this one

Back