China...what are you doing?

Anyways, I could see China attempt into assaulting Taiwan to be pain in the ass thanks to distances, heavy defenses and general inexperienced PLA.

Though, I could see Taiwan-held islands near China to be fallen way quickly due to undermanned units and Taiwanese citizens percieved those islands to be not strategically important at best, and areas filled with pro-PRC collaborators at worst.

Also, it is nice to see that Russia is beginning to wrap their warlord era up, though the warlord era in its neighboring country of Belarus could heat up further.

By the way, there will be an TNO-style of reunification war the moment Russian Federation, Eurasian Federation, and Neo-Tsarist Russia the moment the minor warlords are taken out?

From the book's name I wager that PRC didn't fall into the same traps that Russia did and pretty much ascended to new heights, right?
Pretty much. If you want more of an idea for where this might go, then go ahead and check out the EG article on the subject. I like it a lot because it's not a simple "go go gadget China is now a democracy" situation that you see so much in so many future history timelines.

By the way, there will be an TNO-style of reunification war the moment Russian Federation, Eurasian Federation, and Neo-Tsarist Russia the moment the minor warlords are taken out?
You'd be correct.

Interlude VII
The Hamada-Furtado household wasn't all too different from any other lower-class abode in Sao Paulo. The rooms were often cramped and stuffy, the floorboards creaked with every step, and the furnishings were borderline spartan. But to Bruno, it was the home he had known for all his life, and to his good friend Marcio it wasn't too far out of the ordinary, either.

The two walked into the living room, which was equipped with an old couch, an area rug adorned with flowers, a coffee table, and an antiquated HD television set hooked up to a DVD player, PlayStation 4 and Nintendo 64.

Bruno quickly went to the TV set, where he fiddled with a few buttons on the N64 before joining Marcio on the couch. "Here, check this game out. I've heard it's a big meme in the United States." As the two of them watched, the television played the intro screen for Mundial Ronaldinho Soccer 64, complete with janky music and the forced laugh.

Marcio was impressed, yet incredulous. "Dude, how come you didn't tell me about this? I didn't think your family was one to keep retro games."

Bruno gave his friend a smirk. "Oh, none of this mine. I stole it."

"What?"

"Yeah. A few months ago I found out that this friend of mine had an uncle who had a bunch of N64 games, so I asked him if I could borrow it for a bit. He still hasn't asked for it back yet, and even when he does I'll just ignore him."

"Wow, that's... pretty shitty. Why would you do that?"

"For the meme, Marcio. For the meme." Bruno gestured to the TV set, still displaying the game's title screen. "There are people in the US who will pay thousands for a copy of Ronaldinho. It's just that much of a joke."

"Wait, you're gonna sell it? That... that doesn't sound right."

"Anything sounds right if you live like I do," Bruno retorted. "Anyways, my dad's gonna be back from his business trip in a few days. I've already got a buyer from Diddit, and I don't want to disappoint."

Marcio pinched the bridge of his nose. "So, you stole a N64 from your friends' uncle in order to sell it to some random guy on the Internet? I can't believe this. I really cannot believe this."

"I mean, what other fucking choice do I have?" Bruno threw up his arms in defiance. "I can give you some of the money if you want."

"Alright. Listen, Bruno," Marico began, standing up in a hurry. "I really don't want anything to do with this, so if you don't mind me I'll just head back home."

"Fine, man. It's your loss."

Marcio wasted no time walking out of Bruno's house, eager to get back home before nightfall.

- - -

The East Toledo Steakhouse wasn't very busy, even for a Thursday night. Perhaps it had something to do with the light drizzle coming down from outside. Perhaps the declining quality of service from the steakhouse's employees was driving away customers, and sooner or later the owners would close it all down. Perhaps it was just a slow day.

Regardless of the circumstances, it was here that two senior-year high schoolers, Jake Strand and Lisa Steward, sat by a table near a window. Despite half of the steak remaining on her plate, Lisa had taken a reprise, holding out her phone and tapping away at the virtual keyboard.

Jake paused with a steak slice on his fork. "What's wrong?"

Melissa looked up in surprise, thinking for a second before answering. "Nothing. I'm fine."

"You know, if you didn't like steak, then you could've just told me beforehand."

Lisa was taken aback. "I do like steak! I'm just not in the mood for it today."

"My point still stands."

"I would never cancel a date on the day of, Jacob! Wouldn't you do the same thing?"

Jake threw up his hands. "Alright, fine, I'll drop it. I just... don't want to make a scene."

"Okay."

Lisa continued to work on her steak, still slow to eat. Jake drank a sip of coke before starting a new conversation.

"So... what kind of music do you like?"

"Oh, you know, the pretty standard stuff. Talyor Swift, DJ Leenman, 100 gecs-"

"Wait, wait, wait. 100 gecs is not standard. Those guys are batshit insane! Why are you lumping them in with Taylor Swift?"

"Oh, come on, she can be pretty experimental. Once she wrote a song that was nine minutes long. That takes some balls for someone who's so mainstream!"

"Uh huh. Try 'Echoes' by Pink Floyd. Or anything by Yes or King Crimson."

Just then, the waitress arrived with a checkbook in her hand. "Hey, are you finished?"

Melissa piped up in an instant. "We're ready to pay."

Jake began to raise his hand in protest, only to put it back down a moment later. "Yeah, we're done."

Lisa and Jake split the check before the waitress left and the two of them got up from their seats.

"I wasn't expecting it to be so expensive," Jake muttered.

Melissa seemed unaware of his date's remark. "Maybe we shouldn't go out to eat next time."

Jake shook his head in agreement. "Yeah. That sounds like a good idea."

The two went off in their separate ways, completely oblivious to the violence unfolding on an island located halfway around the world.

- - -

The promotion had come out of nowhere. Qin assumed it had something to do with his father's connection with Mr. Zhuanzhou and the other high-ranking department bureaucrats, but other than that the motives were beyond him. He had only been working there for about four years, and for some nebulous reason the top leadership in Changsha's local branch of the National Public Complaints and Proposals Administration saw him fit to fill in for an assistant district manager position that had been vacated due to the retirement of its former officeholder.

Regardless of the circumstances, he couldn't help but appreciate his new station. It came with a private office space in its own room, a fancy name tag on his desk, and a pay increase that was sure to bring him on the fast track to the city's high society. Most importantly, it gave him direct access to all of the numerous grievances given by the Yuelu District's one-and-a-half million residents to the NPCPA. The good he would be able to do by addressing every one of the masses' concerns made him proud to live in such a wonderful country.

Of course, he would only be able to do good if there were any complaints made by the public, and on the day of Thursday, October the 8th there did not seem to be very much of that. He had just gotten back from a two-hour-long group meeting with the managerial staff of Yuelu District, and in that time there hadn't been a single new report according to his laptop. Instead, Qin was browsing the internet, checking the latest news in hopes of killing time.

Just then, his eyes were caught by a startling headline: "President Xi Jinping announces major military operation in Taiwan". Though he didn't like to think about it, he had always thought of Taiwan as a separate country from the People's Republic, forever estranged from the mainland. But in an instant this peace had been shattered, and now his life - and the lives of billions of others - would undoubtedly be turned upside down.

The entire economy would be geared towards the war, the civilian population put to the sidelines in favor of the proud PLA. The westerners would no doubt slap numerous sanctions, forcing the His friends might get caught up in a military draft - oh, gods, he hadn't even thought of the possibility for a draft!

There was no way in the universe that his superiors would hear anything about his anti-war stance. He shuddered to think of what they might do to him if he spoke up. He would have to keep his head down, continue work as usual, and never, never step out of line-

No.

He had to work to make a difference.

As an assistant manager for a minor department in an unnoteworthy district, he could do nothing. But if he were to take what he was given and shoot for the moon, he just might be able to make a difference. If he was elected to the Municipal People's Congress, he could try to undermine the war effort in secret, make connections with the anti-war groups that were bound to spring up. Failing that, he would take to the streets himself, organizing a grassroots campaign under the noses of law enforcement. Imprisonment was a risk he should be willing to take - after all, he still hadn't seen his father in so many years. Why shouldn't he follow his example?

No one man - not even President Xi - could singlehandedly alter the course of an entire nation. But Qin Luoyang would damn well put in all he had.

- - -

Erin and Pat sat on a rickety futon, watching the local news streamed from their TV. The reporter was going on about Mayor Brooks' recent crackdown on "unlawful" environmentalist groups and the backlash she was facing from both the public and the City Council, but for the most part the two roommates were more focused on managing things on their phones and laptops.

Pat looked over to Erin, taking note of her blue-tipped hair. "I'm still enjoying this new place a whole lot. It's a real American Graffiti house."

Erin shook their head. "Yeah, I don't think so. Can't wait to graduate and get out of it."

"Well, you know me. I'm still studying for my master's." Pat glanced at the remote before turning back to Erin. "Didn't you want to be a diplomat?"

"Still do," they corrected. "If I can't get in the Foreign Service, then I can still try for the city's sister city program. I'd like to travel and make connections with all sorts of people. Wish I could remember what you-"

Just then, the television blared in announcement.

"Good evening, and welcome to this NBC News special report. President Xi Jinping of the People's Republic of China has announced a special military operation in the Republic of China, also called Taiwan, in wake of the recent political violence in the latter these past few months. The United States has labeled the operation as an aggressive invasion, with President Biden expected to make a speech on the matter in a few minutes. Here's Lucy Martinez with the full story."

The screen cut to phone-recorded footage of PLA warships firing artillery on the Taiwanese coast. Pat and Erin looked on in near-disbelief.

"Well, I'll be damned," Pat muttered. "Those dictatorial types really are of the same mind."

"Oh, come on! Don't lump in Xi with Putin," Erin protested. "They're about as different as... well, Hitler and Stalin!"

"Yeah, but they're all still dictators. Dictators tend to fight wars of aggression."

"What about Iraq or Afghanistan?"

"Are you fucking serious?"

"What... what do you mean?" Erin chuckled. "How were they not wars of aggression?"

"Oh, I don't know, how about you ask the thousands of families who lost loved ones on 9/11?" Pat threw up his hands. "How about you ask Caleb? He had an uncle who worked in those towers!"

"Oh... oh shit, you're right." Erin mumbled, mind deep in thought. "I don't think Taiwan's done anything like that." They apologized before continuing on. "For most of my life, I've always thought that China was the lesser of two evils, but I just can't imagine the United States doing something unprovoked like this. Maybe they are a lot worse than we are."

The two sat in uncomfortable silence, punctuated only by the coordinated patter of the news anchor.

It was Erin who broke the ice. "Okay, I should probably study some more. Don't wanna fail that calculus quiz on Monday." She got up from their seat and went to their bedroom, leaving Pat alone to watch the situation unfolding on the TV screen in front of him.

- - -

The lecture hall was unusually stuffy for October. The students watched the professor drone on in a half-hearted manner, some even checking their phones under their desk in the hopes that he wouldn't catch them. There were a few, however, who were intent to watch

"...the main provisions of the Parliament Act of 1911 were threefold: they limited the Lords' ability to veto money bills, they limited their ability to veto public bills in general, and limited the maximum length of any given Parliament. Now, who can tell me how the act limited the Lords' ability to veto money bills ...no one? Alright, I suppose I'll have to call someone at random... yes, Mr. Flander?"

John looked up from his notes before mumbling out an answer. "Um... they made it so that the Lords... could only delay money bills... for a month, right?"

"Yes, that's correct, thank you Mr. Flander. Now, if you can only delay money bills for a month, then there's not much else you can do in order to actually prevent them from passing, is there? Yes, with the passage of the act the Lords could no longer prevent the Commons from spending however they wanted, including, of course, everything that was in the People's Budget..."

John wheezed a sigh of relief before immediately going back down to write notes. In the meantime, he couldn't help but think about his estranged friend, Ron. Last he heard of him, he was going on about how he could hear the mind control waves that satellites were beaming into the heads of the world population. It was a shame, really; just a few years ago he seemed perfectly stable, with no hint of the deranged conspiracy theorist that he was to become. Who knows - maybe he just wasn't paying enough attention...

I wager that Qin Luoyang will become that person that ensures semi-democratic Chinese dominance in the OA setting proper, right?

Chapter E
LEAVING THE CRADLE // Terror in Taipei.

Chinese fleet smashes through woefully underprepared Taiwanese naval forces.
  • China Daily; October 9, 2027.
Taipei, Hsinchu, Keelung City and Toufen showered with artillery shells.
  • BBC News; October 9, 2027.
Watch Forbes's exclusive interview with VirtuTech CEO James Smith.
  • Forbes; October 9, 2027.
"The recent developments in Taiwan are horrendous and appalling... the United States and its allies will do everything in their abilities in order to support th-the Republic of China in their fight against the PRC."
  • Quote form President Biden's Oval Office Address regarding the PRC's invasion of Taiwan; October 9, 2027.
"sure you will Brandon. Sure you will"
  • @Soyjick43 (Twitter); October 9, 2027.
People's Liberation Army launches amphibious assault on Hsinchu.
  • Euronews; October 10, 2027.
Biden administration imposes heavy economic sanctions on China, in addition to banning all travel to and from China by US citizens.
  • The New York Times; October 11, 2027.
"...these sanctions are a necessary and formidable response against the Chinese government's aggressive and unnecessary actions."
  • Joe Biden on the US sanctions against China; October 11, 2027.
President Ching-te, most government ministers, and most of the Legislative Yuan escape via airplanes to Australia.
  • The Liberty Times; October 12, 2027.
Argentine Popular Front captures central Buenos Aires with relatively few casualties.
  • O Globo; October 12, 2027.
Most of Toufen and Hsinchu under PRC control.
  • Reuters; October 13, 2027.
Hundreds of thousands of Taiwanese refugees flee on boats to Hawaii, Australia and New Zealand.
  • NBC News; October 14, 2027.
Approval rating for President Biden takes dip in wake of China's war against Taiwan.
  • Fox News; October 15, 2027.
Ships hosting thousands of Taiwanese refugees enter Manila harbor.
  • Daily Tribune (Philippines); October 15, 2027.
Taipei 101 hit by stray Chinese bomber.
  • The Courier-Mail; October 16, 2027.
TAIPEI 101 COLLAPSES INTO RUBBLE!
  • CNN; October 16, 2027.
Legalize Cocaine activists hold protest in Seattle, Washington.
  • KING-TV; October 17, 2027.
Kier Starmer resigns as prime minister following failure of Taiwanese refugee accommodations bill in Parliament.
  • BBC News; October 18, 2027.
Chinese invasion of Taiwan becomes main topic of discussion during tonight's Freedom Party presidential debate.
  • OANN; October 19, 2027.
"The Chinese military is going to face fire and fury like never before when a Trump starts sitting in the Oval Office again."
  • Donald Trump, Jr. during second Freedom Party presidential primary debate for 2028; October 19, 2027.
"Oh, [Trump Jr.] doesn't have anything compared to what I'd do. If worst comes to worst, then nuking Beijing is by no means off the table."
  • Marjorie Taylor Greene during the same; October 19, 2027.
"It would be so much scarier if either of them actually had a chance."
  • @ItreoGuevera (Twitter); October 19, 2027.
APF establishes new Argentine government modeled on Peronist lines.
  • TV Brasilia; October 20, 2027.
King Mswati III of Eswatini dead at age 59.
  • SABC News; October 21, 2027.
Lisa Nandy elected new leader for Labour.
  • The Guardian; October 22, 2027.
Deltarune Chapter 6 released to massive critical acclaim.
  • FanNow; October 23, 2027.
"Who cares about Taiwan? Ralsei betrayed us all!"
  • @EddsworldFan2013 (Twitter); October 24, 2027.
"This is why kids shouldn't be allowed on the internet."
  • @makedsoo (Twitter); October 24, 2027.
Downtown Taipei subject to intense urban warfare between PLA and Taiwanese ground troops.
  • Reuters; October 25, 2027.
Much of Belarus remains divided among numerous warlords and ideological factions.
  • Axios; October 26, 2027.
NYSE continues to take nosedive in wake of White House's sanctions against China.
  • CNBC; October 27, 2027.
Conservative Party gains minority government in Canadian House of Commons.
  • CBC News; October 27, 2027.
Trump takes lead by 2 and a half points in Freedom primary polls.
  • OANN; October 28, 2027.
People's Liberation Army captures Taiwan's Presidential Palace after days of underwhelming defense.
  • China Daily; October 29, 2027.
Conservatives enter coalition agreement with People's Party.
  • The Toronto Star; October 30, 2027.
Forces in Keelan retreat following barrage of fire from the PLA.
  • Reuters; October 31, 2027.
Kevin McCarty levies harsh criticism against Biden's apathy towards the war in Taiwan during rally in San Antonio.
  • Fox News; November 1, 2027.
Major towns and cities across Eswatini rocked by pro-democracy protests.
  • Rapport (South African newspaper); November 2, 2027.
Citizens of California, Vermont and Washington state vote yes to implementing ranked choice voting for all statewide elections.
  • Politico; November 3, 2027.
Illinois voters reject statewide ranked-choice voting amendment.
  • The Chicago Tribune; November 3, 2027.
51% of Massachusetts voters approve the implementation of a statewide universal healthcare system.
  • The Boston Globe; November 3, 2027.
Texas Rangers beat Chicago Cubs 4-3 in 2027 World Series.
  • ESPN; November 4, 2027.
PLA in control of much of the northern and western coasts of Taiwan; only Tainan and Kaohsiung Cities remain under ROC control.
  • Reuters; November 5, 2027.
Mayor Derek Forman of Wichita held hostage in home by QAnon terrorists for 3 hours.
  • KPTS; November 6, 2027.
VirtuTech remains one of the few stable stocks in the post-Taiwan chaotic global market.
  • Bloomberg; November 7, 2027.
Russian legitimists moving in on Perm.
  • Reuters; November 8, 2027.
UN General Assembly passes resolution condemning the PRC's invasion of Taiwan.
  • Politico; November 9, 2027.
"If you don't like it so much, then why don't you do something about it?"
  • PRC official responding to the UN's condemnation of the Taiwanese invasion; November 10, 2027.
Chinese Communist Party issues apology for remarks made by press official yesterday; makes claim that said spokesperson has been "reprimanded accordingly".
  • CNN; November 11, 2027.
Protestors calling for US entry into the war with Taiwan gather around Veterans Day parade in the nation's capital.
  • The Washington Post; November 11, 2027.
Anderson vows to "revoke the corrupt and power-hungry Church of Scientology's tax exemption status once and for all" during campaign speech in Salt Lake City.
  • Fox News; November 12, 2027.
Italian government makes increasingly loud calls for the disbandment of the Mediterranean Nautical Task Force following the collapse of the European Preservation Front.
  • Avvenire; November 13, 2027.
Belarussian warlord launches full-scale invasion of Russia's Smolensk oblast.
  • Reuters; November 14, 2027.
Venezuelan Popular Front claims responsibility for the assassination of Apure State's governor.
  • El Colombianino; November 15, 2027.
Almost all of Yilan and Luodong under the control of mainland China.
  • TVNZ; November 16, 2027.
North Korea reportedly sending military aid to the Chinese war effort in Taiwan.
  • NBC News; November 17, 2027.
South African president Oliver Xingwana speaks in defense of the Chinese invasion of Taiwan.
  • Newsweek; November 18, 2027.
Labour retains minority government following snap elections held following Kier Starmer's resignation.
  • ITV News (UK); November 19, 2027.
Muslim rioters in Lagos, Nigeria target Christian churches as part of retribution against Boko Haram crackdowns.
  • Euronews; November 20, 2027.
PlayStation 6 selling well in North America and Japan - but European gamers don't seem to be too interested.
  • Game Informer; November 21, 2027.
Greek prime minister joins Italy in push to disband the MNTF.
  • Apogevmatini; November 22, 2027.
Sejm approves referendum for withdraw from the European Union, to be held on May 7.
  • TVP Info; November 23, 2027.
"...and while we're at it, did you know that Anderson's middle name is Kitchener? As in, Earl Kitchener, the guy who interred thousands of Dutch Boers in concentration camps during the Boer Wars in South Africa? His parents must have been some real weirdos."
  • Tucker Carlson (OANN); November 24, 2027.
Mayor of London Sadiq Khan announces his standing down for the 2028 election.
  • The Daily Mail; November 25, 2027.
No plans for Call of Duty: Ukraine's cancellation, despite ongoing current events.
  • PC Gamer; November 26, 2027.
City of Smolensk under direct assault from Orshaski Combine.
  • Lietuvos Rytas; November 27, 2027.
President De Matos places "tentative trust" in the new Argentinian government; declares that he and the Brazilian government will keep a "close eye" on them to "ensure that they will fulfill their democratic promises".
  • TV Brasilia; November 28, 2027.
Pope Francis dead at age 90.
  • BBC News; November 29, 2027.
Over 1.7 million Taiwanese refugees have sought asylum in Japan since October 8th.
  • The Yomiuri Shimbun; November 30, 2027.
CCP leadership reportedly considering instituting the draft for the war in Taiwan.
  • The New York Post; December 1, 2027.
A closer look at the anti-war movement in mainland China.
  • Vox; December 2, 2027.
Taiwan recaptures Chiayi City from PRC invaders.
  • Taipei Times; December 3, 2027.
Bosnia and Herzegovina in final stages of negotiation for admission to the European Union.
  • Euronews; December 4, 2027.
Libyan GNA and allied forces closing in on Tubruq.
  • Reuters; December 5, 2027.
Most of Smolensk under the control of the Orshaski Combine.
  • Hürriyet; December 6, 2027.
Biden's approval ratings at 29%, the lowest of entire presidency.
  • Breitbart; December 7, 2027.
King Sobhuza III of Eswatini agrees to the establishment of a new constitution which will likely add limits to the monarch's power.
  • The Daily Sun (South Africa); December 8, 2027.
A look into life in Myanmar under the rule of the National Unity Government.
  • ABC News (Australia); December 9, 2027.
"The thing about Tim Anderson is that he's not very different from all the far-right populists who came before him... they say Ron DeSantis was Trump with a brain, but I'd say Anderson is a better candidate for the title than anybody else."
  • Donald Carter (CNN); December 10, 2027.
Civil unrest in Mashhad and Esfahan largely quelled by Iranian military.
  • Al Jazeera; December 11, 2027.
City of Kazan returns to legitimate Russian governmental control.
  • TASS; December 12, 2027.
New video footage shows squad of Taiwanese infantry huddling together in a bunker, staying strong.
  • Vice; December 13, 2027.
East Siberian warlords allegedly fleeing to Mongolia in wake of Eurasian advance.
  • CNN; December 14, 2027.
Anderson rails against corporate welfare and calls for tax hikes against the upper class during rally held in Boston.
  • Fox News; December 15, 2027.
Jordan barely leading opinion polling for Republican primaries by just below 1 point.
  • ABC News (US); December 15, 2027.
Blue Origin unveils joint plans developed with NASA for an unmanned, teleoperated mission to Mars.
  • Space.com; December 16, 2027.
Papal conclave elects Cardinal Carlos Osoro Sierra, Archbishop of Madrid.
  • National Catholic Reporter; December 17, 2027.
Newly elected pope chooses regnal name Gregory XVII.
  • The New York Times; December 18, 2027.
Chinese law enforcement launch massive crackdown on anti-war protest held in Hong Kong.
  • AP; December 19, 2027.
The Legend of Zelda: The Movie brings lukewarm sales during opening weekend.
  • Entertainment Weekly; December 20, 2027.
Syrian Democratic Forces' renewed offensive into Aleppo ground to a halt by Turkish arms and ammunition.
  • Fox News; December 21, 2027.
Taiwanese president Lai Ching-te establishes government-in-exile in Brisbane.
  • ABC News (Australia); December 22, 2027.
President Wauquiez welcomes Taiwanese refugees with "open arms" in speech held at the Champ de Mars.
  • Le Parisien; December 23, 2027.
IED detonates on 7th Avenue, one block north of Times Square.
  • The New York Times; December 24, 2027.
18 confirmed dead from Times Square bombing, with dozens more injured.
  • NBC News; December 24, 2027.
- - -

26 years and 3 months after New York City was rocked by a strike of horrific proportions, the City that Never Sleeps was again hit with a terrorist attack, this time on the eve of a national holiday.

The most important difference between 9/11 and the Christmas Eve bombing lied in the nature of its perpetrator; within hours of the detonation, US intelligence officials were able to determine that the attack was most likely domestic in origin. From there, they reviewed hours and hours' worth of security camera footage in hopes of identifying the person who planted the bomb, but to their dismay they had obscured their face in a mask and hoodie. By the end of the day, however, they were able to catch the suspect taking his mask off for a brief moment, and identified the suspect as a white male in their late 20s.

The hunt was on...
  • Nathan Mulman. "From Bin Laden to Beauman: The Violent History of Terrorism in the 21st Century", IPNN Interactive Books, 2144.
- - -

"Gods above, is 2027 going to be the new 2020?"
  • @ItreoGeuvera (Twitter); December 24, 2027.
Nationwide manhunt begins for perpetrators of yesterday's bombing.
  • The New York Post; December 25, 2027.
"Yeah, that'll show the bastards. FBI will get to them soon enough."
  • Tim Anderson during a recording of a closed-doors campaign staff meeting leaked in 2031; December 25, 2027.
2028 New Years' Eve celebrations in Times Square cancelled due to heightened security concerns.
  • WABC-TV; December 26, 2027.
NYC's Christmas Eve bomber identified as 25-year-old Ethan Connors, radical environmental activist from Queens and known adherent of Ted Kaczynski.
  • Fox News; December 27, 2027.
"These eco-nuts are causing far more harm than good - and it's all in the name of an overexaggerated 'threat' that the globalist elites have been pushing on us since the 90s!"
  • Donald Trump, Jr. (Mastodon); December 27, 2027.
Christmas Eve bomber arrested earlier this afternoon.
  • AP; December 27, 2027.
European Parliament narrowly votes to disband the MNTF.
  • Das Erste; December 28, 2027.
Brazilian Space Agency announces plans for the launch of an unmanned lunar lander by 2032 and an unmanned Mars rover by 2042.
  • TV Brasilia; December 29, 2027.
Orshaski Combine publishes online manifesto calling for the reunification of the former Soviet Union under a technocratic regime.
  • Le Monde; December 29, 2027.
A close look at the Ukrainian border wall being constructed in order to fend off Russian warlords.
  • CNN; December 30, 2027.
Jordan rally in Albuquerque, New Mexico disrupted by socialist agitators.
  • Fox News; December 31, 2027.
- - -

Despite everything I've done, I still consider my senior year of high school to be one of the best periods in my life. Even with all the chaos that went down in the wider world, I don't recall ever feeling very distressed by said chaos, or even being aware of it to begin with. Maybe it's because I've divorced all the terrible events of the mid-2020s that I read or watched in the news from my personal life and the time I spent having fun with my friends - well, except maybe for the Christmas Eve bombing. Pretty sure everyone remembers their reaction to that.

I mention all this because it was then, during Christmas break, when I finally set myself on working a job at NASA. Being an honest-to-god astronaut was still out of the picture; there were far too few job openings in that career for me to actually consider it. But I had a great GPA, I was near the top of my class in both math and science, and I had already gone so far as to pick out my major in college.

Of course, I still took time out of my day to hang out with friends, watch the latest shows on TV, and say a word or two to my parents. I remember my mom in particular telling me the tired adage of "these are the best days of your life, Jake. You don't want to waste your time in school goofing off, Jake. You'll miss these days when they're gone, Jake." Heh. I wish I could've fully appreciated what she was telling me back then, but given all that's happened since I'd imagine she might have been wrong.
  • Jacob Strand. "Living Beyond", VirtuTech Books, 2069.

China finally did the funni! Unfortunately, it seems that they have chosed the wrong landing sites as Western Taiwan is pretty much urbanized (and I dunno if PRC somehow bypassed the outer islands near PRC's coast that ROC currently controls).

Something that the United States will use it as a chance to prep their Marine QRFs and the entire 7th Fleet that stationed in Japan and Guam to finally enter the war on the side of Taiwan (of course, there will be hurdles for it).

No candidate able to win 270 electoral votes; Congress to vote on the matter on Friday.
  • Fox News; November 6, 2024.
Senate votes to elect Harris as vice president; House of Representatives votes for Biden via plurality.
  • NBC News; November 8, 2024.

..Uhh this is not how American contingent elections work. They don't do it during November. The contingent election is done by the incoming congress in January. After the incoming congress is sworn in and elections ratified, state delegations vote en bloc to choose the president instead of representatives voting individually. Senators cast votes individually for vice president.

So, VirtuTech will be the brand to push for widespread transhumanism, right?
Not transhumanism, but something somewhat similar. True transhumanism won't become a mainstream movement until the 2050s.

China finally did the funni! Unfortunately, it seems that they have chosed the wrong landing sites as Western Taiwan is pretty much urbanized (and I dunno if PRC somehow bypassed the outer islands near PRC's coast that ROC currently controls).
The PLA seized the outlying Taiwanese islands within 18 hours of the invasion's commencement.

Something that the United States will use it as a chance to prep their Marine QRFs and the entire 7th Fleet that stationed in Japan and Guam to finally enter the war on the side of Taiwan (of course, there will be hurdles for it).
Always remember: the PRC's words are backed by nuclear weapons. Any US-led intervention will always be paired with the looming threat of atomic attacks.

..Uhh this is not how American contingent elections work. They don't do it during November. The contingent election is done by the incoming congress in January. After the incoming congress is sworn in and elections ratified, state delegations vote en bloc to choose the president instead of representatives voting individually. Senators cast votes individually for vice president.
Well shoot, thanks for pointing that out. Pretty sure I've changed all the relevant entries.

Is the journalist that shot and killed Putin still alive?
He was imprisoned without trial by Russian authorities during the evening hours of December 26, 2025. Since then, the Moscow government has remained tight-lipped on his status, stating that the information has been "classified". Helps that President Belyakov and other government officials rarely, if ever, do interviews with any news agency that isn't owned and operated by the Russian legitimists.

Chapter F
LEAVING THE CRADLE // Interesting Times.
Libyan National Army leaders flee Tubruq via aircraft.
  • Al Jazeera; January 1, 2028.
Will this year's presidential election be the last?
  • Vox; January 1, 2028.
The Legend of Zelda: The Movie makes insane comeback from opening weekend, grossing over $750 million USD internationally.
  • The Hollywood Reporter; January 2, 2028.
Twitter continues to bleed money, according to annual financial report.
  • The Wall Street Journal; January 3, 2028.
Ohio governor Albert Harrison endorses Anderson for the 2028 Republican primaries; says
  • The Columbus Dispatch; January 4, 2028.
Tsarists closing in on Volgograd.
  • Euronews; January 5, 2028.
Why is Diddit filled with Times Square bomber defenders? The answer is a lot simpler than you might think.
  • Vice; January 5, 2028.
Pope denounces homosexuality as a "cardinal sin"; calls for "all the faithful in the world to make penance and refrain from such deviant practices."
  • The Sun; January 6, 2028.
"Just when you thought the last pope would turn the tides, some reactionary bigot comes in and ruins everything."
  • @MinsterMann7 (Twitter); January 6, 2028.
Taliban leader Hibatullah Akhundzada dies at age 69.
  • CNN; January 7, 2028.
House of Representatives introduces bill that would admit Washington, DC as a new state.
  • C-SPAN; January 8, 2028.
Prime Minister Nandy signs deal with the EU in hopes of relaxing mutual trade barriers.
  • ITV News (UK); January 9, 2028.
PRESIDENT BIDEN COLLAPSES DURING HARRIS CAMPAIGN SPEECH!
  • Fox News; January 10, 2028.
Biden currently held in serious condition at Jackson Memorial Hospital.
  • The New York Times; January 11, 2028.
Biden checked out of hospital with clean bill of health.
  • CNN; January 12, 2028.
Paradox Development Studio announces fifth instalment for Hearts of Iron grand strategy game series, set to release in late November of this year.
  • PC Gamer; January 13, 2028.
Libyan GNA captures last remnants of opposing resistance in Tobruk.
  • BBC International; January 13, 2028.
Zelda movie breaks $1 billion in the global box office.
  • Kotaku; January 14, 2028.
Bishop of San Diego speaks out against the Pope's "homophobic" and "un-Christian" rhetoric.
  • The San Francisco Chronicle; January 15, 2028.
Tsarist forces entering the outskirts of Volgograd.
  • Das Erste; January 16, 2028.
"On this day of national importance it's important to remember that MLK would have hated what the civil rights movement eventually morphed into. Never forget everyone, Black Lives Matter does not represent what you think it does."
  • @Ebonpr1ncess (Twitter); January 17, 2028.
"Yeah, well he's not alive anymore. Quit fixating on the past"
  • Killer Mike (Twitter); January 17, 2028.
New Zealand government accuses the CIA of supplying arms and ammo to the Eurasian Federation.
  • The New Zealand Herald; January 18, 2028.
Biden administration assures continued commitment towards traditional State of the Union Address, despite the president's declining heath.
  • CNN; January 19, 2028.
"holy shit even CNN isn't trying anymore"
  • @Soyjick43 (Twitter); January 19, 2028.
Tsardom of Russia in control of much of southern Volgograd.
  • Reuters; January 19, 2028.
"There's a very famous quote by former President Bill Clinton that I'd like to read to you all: 'there is nothing wrong with the United States that cannot be cured by what is right with the United States.' Now, I may find Clinton to be a depraved monster on a personal level, as I'm sure many of you can agree, but his politics are a different matter entirely. He advocated for a Third Way, for a reconciliation between the two sides of the political spectrum, and if that isn't what we as Americans need so desperately in this contentious hour then I don't know what is."
  • Tim Anderson as a campaign rally in Cedar Rapids, Iowa; January 20, 2028.
Spanish and Catalonian governments reach agreement promising to give the latter independence by 2033.
  • ABC (Spanish newspaper); January 21, 2028.
Is Los Angeles becoming a warzone?
  • The New York Post; January 22, 2028.
"Not any more than NYC is."
  • @transSocialite (Twitter); January 22, 2028.
Governor Anderson assures that, as president, he would "work towards welcoming Ukraine into the NATO family."
  • NBC News; January 22, 2028.
Inside the resurgence of LGBTQ+ pride within major cities across the US.
  • The Washington Post; January 23, 2028.
Cartoon Network shutting down its television programming on August 31st, with all former time slots being reallocated to Adult Swim.
  • Media Watcher; January 24, 2028.
Catholic Bishop of San Diego resigns following allegations of child molestation.
  • The San Diego Union-Tribune; January 25, 2028.
AOC wins Iowan Democratic caucus; Jordan wins the Republican round.
  • CNN; January 26, 2028.
"Given that Harris is leading the Democratic primaries by over 5 points, it doesn't seem likely that anyone else will win the nomination. After all, wasn't Biden the vice president for Obama before 2020?"
  • Danielle Warburg (MSNBC); January 27, 2028.
Supreme Leader of Iran Gharibian introduces reforms enabling women to attain drivers' licenses, among other things aimed at given women greater rights; draws harsh criticism from much of the Consultative Assembly.
  • Al Jazeera; January 27, 2028.
SDF inches back towards Aleppo - at heavy cost in Syrian lives.
  • Newsweek; January 28, 2028.
Far-left protestors disrupt Anderson rally held in New Haven.
  • WTNH; January 29, 2028.
Government of National Accord apparently moving to integrate allied ethnic militias.
  • CNN; January 30, 2028.
Italian Parliament passes bill legalizing same-sex marriage.
  • Euronews; January 31, 2028.
All of Volgograd under control of Tsarist forces.
  • The Guardian; February 1, 2028.
Anderson wins New Hampshire's Republican primary; Harris wins Democratic primary for the same.
  • Fox News; February 2, 2028.
Polish parliament approves plans for an EU exit referendum, to be held on August 6.
  • Euronews; February 3, 2028.
McCarthy rails against the Biden administration's "lax attitude" towards Chinese aggression in Taiwan during campaign speech held in Tampa, Florida.
  • WTVT; February 4, 2028.
Sega announces the release of a new European-exclusive console, the Sega Now, for October 20.
  • Game Info Now; February 5, 2028.
Vice President Harris narrowly wins South Carolina primary.
  • WCBD-TV; February 6, 2028.
Cotton wins less than 2.5% of the vote following South Carolina Freedom primaries.
  • Justice News; February 6, 2028.
Tom Cotton drops out of Freedom presidential primaries.
  • Breitbart; February 7, 2028.
Legend of Zelda movie sequel based on Ocarina of Time announced for spring 2029.
  • Polygon; February 8, 2028.
Kevin McCarthy wins Nevada primaries, with Tim Anderson coming in at a close second.
  • Fox News; February 9, 2028.
Poilievre resigns as Canada's prime minister following the failure of harsh Chinese sanctions bill in Parliament.
  • The Toronto Star; February 10, 2028.
South African government bars Taiwanese refugees from seeking asylum, sparking outcry from much of the international community.
  • BBC International; February 11, 2028.
Moscow government captures Perm from brutal warlord.
  • RT; February 12, 2028.
Cincinnati Bengals beat Green Bay Packers 22-15 at Super Bowl LXII in Arrowhead Stadium in Kansas City, Missouri.
  • CBS Sports; February 13, 2028.
Snap federal elections scheduled for April 10.
  • CBC News; February 14, 2028.
Invoking Article 4 of NATO for Belarusian warlord incursions would be "on the table" if elected president, says McCarthy during Fox News interview.
  • Fox News; February 15, 2028.
Former internet political commentator Andrew Tate found dead in Romanian prison cell.
  • The Washington Post; February 16, 2028.
VirtuTech CEO affirms his company's commitment towards limiting the use of AI and automation within corporate operations.
  • CNBC; February 17, 2028.
Microsoft announces the upcoming launch of the Xbox 5000, with a North American release set for late November.
  • Gaming Insider; February 18, 2028.
"Wait, what? They skipped over 4,998 consoles? Why would they do that?"
  • @punchbillgates (Twitter); February 18, 2028.
Provisional East African Federation capital established at Dar es Salaam.
  • New Vision; February 19, 2028.
"What I don't get about Anderson is why he's all gung ho about Taiwan but still wants to pull out of Iran. Something about these contradictory viewpoints smells very fishy to me."
  • @ItreoGuevera (Twitter); February 20, 2028.
Right-wing disruptor yells "corrupt bitch" and "fuck you" during Harris 2028 rally held in New York City.
  • CBS News; February 21, 2028.
Kaohsiung becomes key battleground for the war between China and Taiwan.
  • CNN; February 22, 2028.
Prime Minister McLean speaks in opposition towards new Indigenous Voice abolishment bill introduced in Parliament.
  • ABC News (Australia); February 23, 2028.
Governor Tom Gregory wins Michigan Republican primaries.
  • The Detroit News; February 24, 2028.
Recent survey shows that over 7% of all car owners in the US own at least one hybrid or electric vehicle.
  • Ars Technica; February 25, 2028.
What's behind the surge of anti-undocumented immigrant sentiment among Americans of both sides of the political spectrum?
  • Vice; February 26, 2028.
No clear victor in the never-ending war for Taiwan.
  • The New York Post; February 27, 2028.
US Air Force announces the development of the F-44A, a fully automated fighter jet.
  • Military.com; February 28, 2028.
California State Assembly votes in approval of bill decriminalizing cocaine.
  • The San Francisco Chronicle; February 29, 2028.
SDF leadership's call for ceasefire shut down by Assad government.
  • Times Now; March 1, 2028.
"And here we were 5 years ago, thinking Twitter would be done for by 2024. I'm so glad we've been able to stick together for so long"
  • @ItreoGuevera (Twitter); March 2, 2028.
Anderson takes Idaho and Missouri caucuses in landslide.
  • Newsweek; March 3, 2028.
Kathy Hochul narrowly takes Michigan in the Democratic primaries.
  • WXYZ-TV; March 3, 2028.
Over 53% of US voters support the admission of DC as 51st state, says recent Gallup poll.
  • Snopes; March 4, 2028.
Reformists win over 40 seats following Iranian general election held on Friday.
  • BBC International; March 4, 2028.
White House closes in on revised agreement to ship arms, supplies, and trainers to guerilla fighters in Taiwan.
  • Military.com; March 5, 2028.
Mayor of Gold Coast "warns" against "increased crime rate" among Taiwanese refugees.
  • Sky News (Australia); March 6, 2028.
15th National People's Congress holds inaugural session in Beijing.
  • China Daily; March 7, 2028.
Harris wins primaries in Alabama, American Samoa, California, Colorado, Massachusetts, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Texas, and Virginia; Ocasio-Cortez wins Arkansas, Tennessee, Utah, and Vermont. Hochul wins Maine and Minnesota.
  • NBC News; March 8, 2028.
Anderson takes the GOP Super Tuesday by storm, winning Alabama, California, Colorado, Maine, Massachusetts, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Texas, and Viginia. Jordan wins Arkansas, Utah and Vermont.
  • Townhall; March 8, 2028.
Trump, Jr. wins 14 out of 18 states which held a Freedom primary/caucus yesterday, with Taylor Greene winning the rest.
  • OANN; March 8, 2028.
"There's no doubt in my mind that Harris will win the general election. I mean, just look at her polling numbers compared to Anderson!"
  • Donald Carter (CNN); March 8, 2028.
Antony Blinken drops out of the Democratic primaries.
  • CNN; March 8, 2028.
Marie Le Pen found dead in jail cell.
  • Euronews; March 8, 2028.
Kevin McCarthy drops out of Republican presidential race.
  • Fox News; March 9, 2028.
"So it's down to Anderson and Jordan... I think we all know which one would be best."
  • Jesse Waters (Fox News); March 9, 2028.
Massive protests wrack France against the alleged state-sanctioned murder of Marie Le Pen.
  • OANN; March 9, 2028.
French authorities deny any involvement with Le Pen's death; National Rally leadership alleges otherwise.
  • GB News; March 10, 2028.
House of Representatives narrowly votes in favor of doing away with the Indigenous Voice to Parliament.
  • ABC News (Australia); March 10, 2028.
Incumbent Bongbong Marcos leads the polls for the 2028 Philippine presidential election.
  • SunStar Manila; March 11, 2028.
- - -

Jacques Pernet couldn't help but watch the crowds gathering outside his apartment window. It was Saturday, the first Saturday since all the chaos had begun, and now he had a chance to see it all unfold. He wished he could go outside without fearing for his life.

There was no bloodshed, thank God - none that he could see, at least. In fact, it was more akin to an angry, disorganized parade than anything else. People were carrying picket signs, some presenting a snappy phrase or two attacking some aspect of the government, others displaying an image of their martyr, Le Pen, while the rest did without and just went along with the crowd. He couldn't hear much through the window glass, but he was almost positive that they were singing La Marseillaise.

He couldn't even begin to imagine what drove these people to become to virulently opposed to the government they elected as a nation - although thinking back to his visits to his relatives in the slums, he was already starting to get an idea.

- - -

President Wauquiez calls for "peace and understanding" among the nation's people in wake of Le Pen's death.
  • Le Monde; March 12, 2028.
First wave of TeleNauts deployed in LEO.
  • Space.com; March 13, 2028.
IDW Publishing holds over 15% of the US market share for comic books, according to new report.
  • ComicNews; March 14, 2028.
Anderson wins Idaho, Mississippi, and Missouri; Jordan wins Hawaii and Washington.
  • Fox News; March 15, 2028.
Kamala Harris wins primaries in Idaho, Mississippi, Missouri and Washington.
  • Politico; March 15, 2028.
Biden slow to speak and barely comprehensible during State of the Union address held earlier today.
  • OANN; March 16, 2028.
Azerbaijani government announces the annexation of all Fists of the Azeris-held territory.
  • Al Jazeera; March 17, 2028.
French riot police struggles to control Le Pen demonstrators in Paris, Lyon, and other major cities.
  • The Sun; March 18, 2028.
UN General Assembly passes resolution condemning the Azerbaijani annexation of Iranian territory.
  • Euronews; March 19, 2028.
Russian forces smite out last remnants of the Restored USSR.
  • TASS; March 20, 2028.
Iranian military launches renewed offensive into Fists of Azeris-controlled territory.
  • NBC News; March 21, 2028.
Anderson wins Florida, Kansas, New York and Ohio; Jordan wins Arizona and Illinois.
  • ABC News (US); March 22, 2028.
"I don't know about you, but I don't think Anderson deserves the right to call himself a conservative. He's adamant on taxing the rich, he's apathetic at best to the growing sexualization of society thrust upon us by the LGBTQIAPOC+ crowd, and during a campaign rally in January he even praised Bill Clinton! Yes, that Bill Clinton, the one who had an affair with a minor and was a staunch left-winger on just about every issue imaginable. It'd be a safe bet for you to keep your children far away from this creep."
  • Tucker Carlson (OANN); March 22, 2028.
Vice President Harris takes Arizona, Florida, Kansas, Ohio, and Puerto Rico. AOC wins Illinois and New York.
  • CNN; March 22, 2028.
New York Governor Hochul indefinitely suspends presidential campaign.
  • The Huffington Post; March 22, 2028.
Government of National Accord declares "definitive victory" over the Libyan National Army; announces elections to be held on June 4th.
  • Al Jazeera; March 23, 2028.
"one more week of facebook moms. wonderful news"
  • @solkinne612 (Twitter); March 24, 2028.
Kaohsiung remains last bastion of Taiwanese resistance against the People's Republic of China.
  • The Yomiuri Shimbun; March 25, 2028.
Riot police fire rubber bullets on National Rally protestors in Paris.
  • Fox News; March 26, 2028.
Municipal President of Cuidad Juarez found dead in home apartment building.
  • TV Azteca; March 27, 2028.
President De Matos declares organized crime "the number one threat" to Brazilian national security.
  • O Globo; March 28, 2028.
Morale among PLA troops stationed in Taiwan remains high.
  • China Daily; March 29, 2028.
Anderson leading Republican polls by 4 points; Harris leading Democratic polls by over 9.
  • Axios; March 30, 2028.
Inside the Internet Archive's massive project to save petabytes' worth of Facebook posts and images.
  • The Verge; March 31, 2028.
Biden taking "mysterious", "unannounced" leave of absence from campaigning for Harris starting on March 29.
  • Fox News; March 31, 2028.
- - -

By the spring of 2028, the initial post-Putin chaos of the first phase of the Second Russian Civil War had begun to give way to a three-sided confrontation between the three victors of said first phase: the legitimate Russian government based out of Moscow, the neo-monarchist Restored Tsardom of Russia with a de facto capital based out of Grozny, and the Eurasian Federation based out of eastern Siberia.

Despite two years of attritional warfare and an attempted military coup in February 2027, the Moscow legitimists managed to hold strong and even win many victories in the two years since Putin's assassination. As previously established, the new President Belyakov was a strong leader, a capable man who in such short time managed to secure virtually all of the European border north of Rostov-on-Don, took swift action after the collapse of the Restored USSR, and defeated countless warlords in a divide-and-conquer strategy that saw the legitimists begin their approach towards the Urals by April 2028.

The Eurasian Federation, or EF for short, was for the most part an international pariah. The only major international support came in the form of guns and other materiel supplied by the Central Intelligence Agency of the United States, and the details of even this were unknown to the public. Viktor Antonovich, prime minister and political architect of the EF, continued to espouse utopian rhetoric in his speeches, claiming that upon victory they would "become the flagbearers of a new chapter in world history". Antonovich, not being one who was well versed in military operations, left most of the fighting to General Kutuzov Yeremey in a power dynamic not unlike that of Augustus and Agrippa.

Self-proclaimed "Tsar Alexander IV", in an attempt to emulate the diligent monarchs of old, made it a point to never stay in one location for too long. He and his "court" of military generals, friends and lovers would travel from city to city, hosting lavish parties (or at least, as lavish as he could make them) for days on end before moving on to another location. While this tactic worked well in centuries past, this stratagem only served to give the so-called Tsar the public ire of those he claimed to protect, with the stark contrast between his grand lifestyle and the literal warzone his subjects inhabited not lost on anyone but himself.

Nevertheless, it would be quite some time until the Russian Federation was made whole again. While it may have not been too apparent at the time to those on the front lines, the ramifications of the outcomes of this civil war would play an important role on the geopolitical landscape of not just Russia and its neighbors, but the entire world for much of the 21st century.
  • Yuriy Ponikarov. "Hibernation: A History of Post-Soviet Russia", Netsk Online Publishing, 2076.

Last edited:
Cartoon Network is now dead, Haftar is now malding now that LNA lost the Third Phase of the Libyan Civil War (though this would cause an reverberations, alongside the disappearance of Wagner Group in the region - if it still active albeit at an smaller scale, in the nations belonging to the Coup Belt list), three possible Russian unifiers is now facing off each other after taking out the remaining independent warlords and Biden is not doing so well right now.

Though, I doubt that Kaohsiung will be the last Taiwanese stronghold against the ongoing PRC invasion since ROC forces could flee eastwards where the mountains could stall the PRC advance because of terrain and stay behind units.

Also, goodbye Facebook! Nice meeting ya.

Sucks that Taiwan isn't doing too good and CN is dead. At least Facebook and Le Pen are gone.

Interlude VIII
C-SPAN House of Representatives Transcript

03-31-2028 13:00 EST

PRESIDING REP. DAVID JUMMINGS (R-FL): The chair recognizes Representative Domodo from California. You have five minutes to make your statement.

REP. BERNARD DOMODO (D-CA): Thank you, Mr. Chair. I want to begin by saying that my time spent in Washington has been nothing but pleasant. It's a wonderful city, and it has every right to enjoy the same representation as the over 300 million people who live throughout the rest of the country.

DOMODO (D-CA): However, it is also a small slice of the US. If admitted, it would become the 49th most populated state, with only Vermont and Wyoming falling behind it.

DOMODO (D-CA): But this does not mean that its deserved representation in Congress can be afforded to wait until July 1st. The people of Washington, D.C. have lived without a full congressional delegation since its founding in 1790, and they've only been able to vote for president since 1964. Granted, they may have a delegation here in the House, but didn't the Framers intend for the bicameral nature of Congress to be so in order for every state to get an appropriate degree of representation? To be honest with you all, it's a travesty that we are now living in the year 2028, and the issue of DC statehood is still being hotly debated.

DOMODO (D-CA): Of course, the main problem with Mr. Thompson's proposed expeditionary amendment is the possibility for the federal government to get caught up in all the rules and regulations, and not be ready in time for the amended June 1st deadline. To this my answer is simple: have some compassion! Have some compassion towards the people of the Douglass Commonwealth and get past the red tape in time for the summer! Have some compassion and give the nation's capital what it deserves, what it's been yearning for all these years! Doesn't every state in the US deserve some compassion?

DOMODO (D-CA): And that, Mr. Chair, is why I suggest that the House vote yes to Representative Thompson's proposed amendment to expedite the promulgation of the statehood act to June 1st; not because it would hurt D.C. to wait another month, but because they've already been waiting for almost two and a half centuries.

[Much of the chamber erupts into applause.]

- - -

The dingy motel room stunk of embedded smog. Seven learned men from all walks of life, united by a common cause, sat around the room in anticipation of a meeting. One of them was a young career bureaucrat by the name of Qin Luoyang, who counted himself as one of the more nervous individuals among them.

The leader, a gruff middle-aged man named Zeng, began the discussion with an assurance of privacy. "All the cameras throughout this hotel have been taken offline for maintenance. We should be safe for the next few hours."

He stopped to clear his throat. "But with that said: we are here today because the CCP's leadership has begun a war of aggression against one of its neighboring countries. Our objective with this meeting is to organize a resistance to oppose the war effort within the city of Changsha by any means necessary, barring violence."

Another one of the activists spoke up. "Well, if there's no use in taking up arms, then why don't we just go to the university and give students some picket signs?"

Zeng looked at the man with an expression of sympathy. "Open protests aren't going to work, either. We all know what happened on April 65th."

"April 65th?" Qin asked. The others answered with silence for a few terse moments, before something clicked in the bureaucrat's brain. "...oh."

"What we need to do," Zeng continued, "is offer passive resistance. Ghandi style. Make sure factory workers get sloppy in manufacturing war materiel. If the Party requests anyone to perform a special duty in service of the war effort, they should do the bare minimum required. Anyone who gets drafted should be told to stay on the move."

Another man, standing near the window, professed his skepticism. "The Party has eyes and ears everywhere. There's no doubt in my mind that they will find out about us. How can we stay away from their wrath while maintaining these operations?"

Zheng gave him a sly smile. "Well, that's the point of the strategy, my friend: our chief secondary objective is to break as few laws as possible. Imprisonment is inevitable, yes, but it can be mitigated by adhering to order. It helps that we, specifically, will mask our identities from the general public."

Qin raised his hand. "I motion for the adoption of this strategy."

Zheng sniffed before doing the same. "All in favor?"

Three, four, five, six... seven.

"Motion passed unanimously."

This was going to be an interesting year.

- - -

Officer Lawson examined the scene in front of him. The man named Kyle Conway was shaking and sweaty, the car he identified as his parked right next to a fire hydrant. "So Kyle, do you know why we're giving you this ticket?"

"Yeah, 'cause I couldn't find anywhere else to park. There's nowhere else in the entire goddamn neighborhood!"

"There's an open space on the other side of the street." The cop pointed out.

"No, that's way too short," Kyle muttered, scratching his shoulder while talking. "I would've parked there, if any of those retards knew how to park."

"Listen, I'm not here to argue with you. You're getting a ticket, and if you don't move your car somewhere else it's gonna get impounded."

Still scratching his back in a frenzy, Kyle's attention was turned towards his car, where a second officer was rooting around the driver's seat. "Wait a minute, the hell's he doing?"

"He's searching your car."

"Yeah, but why is he searching my car?"

"Because, quite frankly, you look like you're high on meth."

Kyle's face scrunched up as he listlessly turned away from Officer Lawson. "Christ, man, it's not my fucking fault that all these niggers don't know how to fucking park their cars!" He gave a good kick to the side of his SUV, almost falling back onto the sidewalk in the process.

"Now, that wasn't necessary." Lawson kept an eye on him as he went over to the other officer, who relayed some information to him. Kyle was still fuming over his hurt foot when he returned.

"I want to ask you a question, Kyle." He gestured to the hood of his car, where the second officer had placed a ziploc bag containing white crystal. "Where did you get this from?"

For a moment, Kyle stood in silence, almost trembling with fear. "Uh... I dunno, man."

"Well, you had to get it from somewhere."

"Um... well..."

"Listen, Kyle. We're not going after you. We're looking for the big guy. If you tell us where you got this meth from, then that'll help the both of us out a whole lot."

Kyle's arm twitched. "Uh..."

"Be honest with me."

Kyle didn't even say anything. He just mumbled and continued to stare at his feet. Both of the officers stood around him, ready for anything at a moment's notice.

"Alright, if you're not going to talk, then we're placing you under arrest. Put your hands behind your back."

Kyle continued to stare out into space, wide-eyed even as the cuffs were placed onto him. "What? No. I can't go to jail. I can't go to jail..."

"You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used against you-"

"Fuck this."

"-in court. You have the right to talk to a lawyer for advice before you ask you-"

"Fuck you."

"-any questions. You have the right to have a lawyer with you during questioning. If you cannot-"

"Fuck you. Fuck this."

"-afford a lawyer, one will be appointed for you-"

In Kyle's mind, the officer's words were drowned out by the severity of his situation. He hadn't even been doing drugs for an entire year, and now he was going to pay for it. Hopefully they wouldn't find a way to bring up his edgy posts on Twitter...

- - -

"When is dad going to be home again?"

Singdha Patil asked her mother in the somewhat spacious family dining room. The chandelier hung as high as it could, while Mrs. Patil and her two children ate their bowls of paya. They were joined by an important guest: the former governor of the state, C. Vidyasagar Rao, who was hoping to find Mr. Patil but wound up disappointed.

"I told you already, he should be here to visit tomorrow." Singdha's mother answered before blowing on her spoon. Within a moment she turned to Mr. Rao and feigned a smile. "I'm sorry my husband wasn't here today. I'm sure he'll be able to speak with you over the weekend."

"No, no, it's fine. I just wanted to ask him how things were going." The retired politician's hand shook as he slowly raised his spoonful of paya to his mouth. "I have quite a lot invested in his company, you know."

"He's told me you are one of his most valuable customers." Mrs. Patil noted. "How has your retirement been?"

"It could be better," Mr. Rao mentioned before putting down his spoon. "I have more than enough money to keep me afloat, but my safety is another matter entirely. Especially after the events of a few years ago."

Singdha's mother stopped eating to take a quick glance at her daughter. She returned to face the former governor within a moment's notice. "I'm not sure we should discuss that... not right now."

"Why not? Your children lived through the Religious Crisis, did they not?" Mr. Rao waved a hand at Mrs. Patil's two children before going back to his stew. "They deserve to know what happened."

Singdha turned to Mr. Rao. "What did happen, anyways? Wasn't it something to do with Muslims?" Her mother opened her mouth in protest, but quickly stopped once she saw Mr. Rao's brow furrow in anger.

A fist curled from underneath the table. "Those damned pacifists ruined the party, and they ruined the country, too! The fact that nothing's been done to punish them for their actions is beyond infuriating! It makes me want to - " he stopped in his tracks before standing up in a stupor. A few startled gags spewed out of his mouth before he fell over onto the linoleum floor.

Mrs. Patil dropped her drink in a flash, failing to notice its contents spilling all over the tablecloth. "Shiva above! Raj, call an ambulance!" Singdha's older brother was quick to take out his phone and start dialing. Singdha herself ran over to Mr. Rao, a trail of saliva dripping from his mouth and drips of blood rolling out of his head.

"It'll be alright, sir. It's going to be alright..."

- - -

The Baraka household was quite typical among those in Uganda. There was enough electricity to run the lights and a radio, the plot of land was adequate to feed everyone, the three bedrooms and two baths seemed like just enough to house the family of two parents, four children and one grandparent. It was here that Barasa, the second child of Monbera and Mordasa, sat on the floor, eating his stew on a makeshift table.

"We have all done very well today, children," the patriarch, Monbera, proclaimed. "But the growing season is far from over." He doesn't need to tell me that twice, Barasa ruminated before taking a sip of stew.

Mzuzi, the oldest child of the Baraka family, was next to speak up. "We're almost done with plowing, no?" he pointed out. "That's the worst part of it."

"Oh, it may be the worst party, but that doesn't mean the rest will be much easier," Mordasa mentioned.

Monbera chuckled. "Yes, work may be long and grueling, but it's all for a very important purpose." He pointed to his half-empty bowl of stew. "We'll need a lot to get through the winter."

"You boys want to listen to the radio?" Mordasa asked. A chorus of "yeses" and "sures" echoed across the room, and within a minute the family was reintroduced to the radio's evening news program.

"Good evening Uganda, and welcome to The World Today. Our latest development comes from the Rwandan capital of Kigali, where a student-led protest against the authoritarian rule of President Paul Kagame was broken up earlier today by a massive police crackdown, resulting in the arrest of at least 44 university students. Among the protest's secondary demands was for the Rwandan government to pull out of the planned East African Federation, which Uganda, Rwanda and three other members of the East African Community are slated to join on June 1, 2029..."

"What's with the EAF, anyways?" Barasa asked. "I still don't get why so many people are against it."

"Against it?" Monbera exclaimed, slamming a fist on the table. "Why would anyone be for it? It's a globalist grift that will enrich the elite at the expense of small-timers like us! It's a travesty that this scam was able to get so far in the first place."

"Maybe we should turn off the radio," Monbera's wife suggested.

And so they did, leaving Barasa to ruminate on his father's words.

Chapter 10
LEAVING THE CRADLE // An Unfortunate Turn of Events.

Facebook has gone the way of Myspace - how much longer until Twitter or Instagram falls?
  • Vice; April 1, 2028.
Resurgence in secularist sentiment in Isfahan Iran following mass demonstration held earlier this morning.
  • BBC Internation; April 2, 2028.
Nintendo announces Mario movie spinoff series based on Luigi's Mansion, set to start streaming on YouTube TV in late 2028.
  • Polygon; April 3, 2028.
Iranian offensive into Azeri grinds to a halt.
  • Al Jazeera; April 4, 2028.
Anderson wins Connecticut, Delaware, Georgia, Rhode Island, and Wisconsin; Jordan wins Louisiana.
  • Fox News; April 5, 2028.
AOC wins primaries in Georgia and Louisiana; Harris takes Connecticut, Delaware, Rhode Island and Wisconsin.
  • CNN; April 5, 2028.
Completed sections of Interstate 95 electric charging network stretch across the BosWash and from Savannah to Miami.
  • The Washington Post; April 5, 2028.
Trump, Jr. leading Freedom primary polls by 5 points, with Greene coming in second.
  • OANN; April 6, 2028.
China National Space Administration announces plans for the construction of a Lunar space station starting in 2032.
  • China Daily; April 7, 2028.
New Nintendo Direct announces upcoming animated movies based on Mega Man, Donkey Kong and Kirby, slated for release in summer 2029, fall 2029, and autumn 2030 respectively.
  • The Gamer; April 8, 2028.
At least 8 confirmed dead following mass shooting at strip mall in Denver, Colorado.
  • ABC News (US); April 9, 2028.
"I tell you what, this lawlessness has to stop, and it's got to stop now. The Anderson administration will take no qualms in punishing those who dare to commit these heinous acts to the fullest extent of the law. You hear me?"
  • Tim Anderson on the 2028 Denver mass shooting; April 10, 2028.
Liberals gain minority government in Parliament.
  • The Globe and Mail; April 11, 2028.
Cartel-related crime down 8% over the last year.
  • El Heraldo de Mexico; April 12, 2028.
Liberal Party enters coalition agreement with Bloc Quebecois.
  • National Post; April 13, 2028.
Vice President Harris wins Alaska and North Dakota; Ocasio-Cortez takes Hawaii.
  • NBC News; April 14, 2028.
Governor Ben Ulliver signs bill decriminalizing cocaine statewide.
  • The Seattle Times; April 15, 2028.
Chinese economy continuing to take massive dip following invasion of Taiwan.
  • TVNZ; April 16, 2028.
Henry Mann sworn in as 25th Prime Minister of Canada.
  • The Toronto Star; April 17, 2028.
Consumer robotics sales on the rise.
  • AI Today; April 18, 2028.
Mayor of Paterson, New Jersey's home raided by FBI following newly surfaced evidence of drug trafficking.
  • WNYW; April 19, 2028.
Governor Byron Donalds signs bill legalizing recreational marijuana statewide.
  • The Miami Herald; April 20, 2028.
Vice President Harris breaks Senate tie vote for DC statehood bill.
  • Newsweek; April 21, 2028.
Anderson carries primaries in Wyoming and Puerto Rico.
  • Townhall; April 22, 2028.
At least 85,000 civilians reportedly killed as a result of the Chinese occupation of Taiwan.
  • Reuters; April 23, 2028.
President Biden signs Douglass Commonwealth Admission Act.
  • Politico; April 24, 2028.
"With... with the signing of this act, and its entering into force, the United... the United States will wel-welcome its first new admission to the union since... since the admission of Alaska and Ha...Hawaii in 1949."
  • Joe Biden on the admission of the 51st US state; April 24, 2028.
"This is a great day for every DC resident. It's finally time for taxation with representation!"
  • District of Columbia Mayor Linda Newark in a speech following the signing of the DCAA; April 24, 2028.
"Now that DC has been admitted, I think it's long past time to give Puerto Rico a voice. It's hard to justify giving one territory proper representation while continuing to sideline the other."
  • Resident Commissioner of Puerto Rico, Briana Bonilla in speech to the House of Representatives; April 24, 2028.
Why the Eurasian advance westward remains stifled, even after the start of spring.
  • Vox; April 25, 2028.
What You Should Know About the Newest U.S. state.
  • Mr. Beat (YouTube); April 26, 2028.
Taiwan makes slow and arduous advance out of Kaoshuing.
  • AP; April 27, 2028.
51-star flag raised in the Capitol Building for the first time.
  • CNN; April 28, 2028.
Harris leads presidential polls by 4 points.
  • The Huffington Post; April 29, 2028.
President De Matos makes disdainful remarks towards the treatment of Taiwanese civilians under PRC occupation; claims that "no human should have to suffer through such hardship."
  • O Globo; April 30, 2028.
Assad government's recent major offensive towards SDF results in massive success.
  • Al Jazeera; May 1, 2028.
DRC President Tshisekedi attends African Union summit in Dar es Salaam; praises the founding countries of the EAF as "[having] overcome their differences" and "[uniting] as one".
  • The Daily Sun (South Africa); May 2, 2028.
Anderson wins Missouri primary.
  • St. Louis Post-Dispatch; May 3, 2028.
President De Matos signs bill strengthening resource exploitation regulations on the Amazon rainforest.
  • TV Brasilia; May 3, 2028.
President Biden reportedly suffers heart attack in the Oval Office this morning.
  • NBC News; May 4, 2028.
Kamala Harris assumes role as Acting President in light of presidential health emergency.
  • AP; May 4, 2028.
"The President is in critical condition, but he is expected to make it out okay."
  • Statement from press conference following Biden's sudden heart attack; May 4, 2028.
"We all knew it was coming... we just didn't think it would take so long to happen."
  • Jesse Waters (Fox News); May 4, 2028.
BIDEN IN COMA!
  • The New York Post; May 5, 2028.
- - -

Not since the days of Franklin D. Roosevelt had a sitting president fallen under so severe an illness. The sudden health emergency of who was then considered by many to be "the most powerful man in the free world" was not taken lightly by the other world leaders. Prime Minister of the United Kingdom Lisa Nandy offered her "deepest condolences" to the people of the US, wishing the best recovery for President Biden. Australian PM Tyler McLean termed the situation "a damn shame", assuring the American public that "[Biden]'s a working man" who would "survive and persevere." Despite his previous attitude towards perceived US imperialism, Brazilian President Hugo Correia de Matos expressed sympathies towards his northern neighbor's crisis. Mikhail Belyakov and Xi Jinping, presidents of Russia and China respectively, were far too busy with domestic affairs to offer much of a response.

Many Republican and Freedom news commentators were quick to point out the apparent decline of Biden's health over the past few years, going so far as to claim that he had been mentally unwell since his first campaign back in 2020. Supporters of Biden and other Democrats countered this by suggesting that if the president were feeling truly ill, then he would have resigned well before things got to this point. Whatever the situation was in the months leading up to his heart attack, it was clear that there were a very big pair of shoes for his replacement to fill.

Despite the dire situation, Vice President Harris did not yet fully assume the duties associated with the now-vacant Oval Office; instead, she along with the rest of the Cabinet opted to wait several weeks to see if the comatose president would wake up and make a full recovery. A contemporary Gallup poll revealed that the general public did not share the same sentiment: less than 22% believed that Biden would come out of his coma before the 2028 election, and 49% believed that he would live to the end of his presidential term.
  • Adam-5. "A Complete History of the United States of America, First Edition; Volume XIX: 2009-2029", New Lansing Virtual Press, 2174.
- - -

"A great tragedy has struck this country... we at CNN wish him the best of luck at recovery."
  • Donald Carter (CNN); May 5, 2028.
"Well, this new development surprised just about no one."
  • Tucker Carlson (OANN); May 5, 2028.
Labour candidate Bruno Adams elected as next Mayor of London.
  • BBC News; May 6, 2028.
At least 500 fully domesticated foxes estimated to live within the United States.
  • Statistica; May 7, 2028.
Bongbong Marcos wins second term as President of the Philippines following yesterday's landslide election.
  • GTV News (Philippines); May 8, 2028.
May 7th Philippine general election rife with voter fraud.
  • Human Rights Watch; May 8, 2028.
PM Poilievre resigns after House of Commons fails to pass bill accommodating Taiwanese refugees in Canada.
  • National Post; May 9, 2028.
Czechia finishes construction of high speed rail network.
  • Le Monde; May 10, 2028.
Anderson takes Indiana following yesterday's Republican primaries; Harris wins Democratic round.
  • The Indianapolis Star; May 10, 2028.
Vice President Kamala Harris declared presumptive nominee for 2028 Democrat race.
  • The Washington Post; May 11, 2028.
Snap parliamentary elections in Canada scheduled for July 10.
  • CBC News; May 11, 2028.
German PC hardware manufacturer Kreislauf GmbH releases the Jungerät, a low-cost game console capable of playing a plethora of 80s and 90s games, to astounding success throughout Europe.
  • Polygon; May 12, 2028.
"I'm kind of amazed that Nintendo let them put Marios 1 to 3 on there... but regardless, it's the definitive way to play most NES games legally. Now, as for something like, I don't know, Crash Bandicoot or Klonoa? The jury's still out on that one, I'd say."
  • LucasParty2 (YouTube); May 12, 2028.
Population of Petropavlovsk on the rise as refugees fleeing other parts of war-torn Russia make their way to the freest city on the continent.
  • The Eurasian Hope; May 13, 2028.
Harris campaign selects Cori Bush as running mate.
  • CNN; May 14, 2028.
Blue Origin announces plans for a dual Venus and Mars flyby mission in 2034 and 2035, respectively.
  • Space.com; May 15, 2028.
Yan Navumčyk assumes control of legitimist Belarussian government based out of Minsk.
  • TASS; May 16, 2028.
Anderson wins all three of Maryland, Nebraska and West Virginia following yesterday's primaries.
  • NBC News; May 17, 2028.
AI-generated video purporting to show Biden's funeral goes viral on YouTube.
  • Vox; May 17, 2028.
New poll reveals almost two-thirds of Polish voters do not wish to remain in the EU.
  • Wydarzenia 24; May 18, 2028.
Protestors in Kampala rally in opposition to the upcoming establishment of the East African Federation.
  • New Vision (Uganda); May 19, 2028.
Indian-American billionaire Johnathan Adhya buys majority stake in Blue Origin, effectively purchasing it from Amazon.
  • Forbes; May 20, 2028.
Tsardom of Russia reportedly funding Ukrainian separatist groups based out of Donetsk and Luhansk.
  • The Guardian; May 21, 2028.
Over 25 million PS6 units sold since launch.
  • Polygon; May 22, 2028.
"There's no need to let the race you identify be the same as the race you were chosen at birth. #TransracialLivesMatter"
  • @Ebonpr1ncess (Twitter); May 23, 2028.
"Dude, is that fucking blackface?"
  • @maninasiutcase (Twitter); May 23, 2028.
Anderson wins Kentucky primary.
  • The Atlanta Journal-Constitution; May 24, 2028.
Second season of Honkai: Star Rail still doesn't match up to the actual game.
  • Anime News Network; May 25, 2028.
Family Guy renewed for 28th season.
  • Entertainment Weekly; May 26, 2028.
Civil resistance within Taipei continues to be perilous and difficult.
  • The Daily Telegraph (Sydney); May 27, 2028.
Riot breaks out in Belgrade due to anti-EU sentiment.
  • Euronews; May 28, 2028.
The Super Mario Galaxy Movie earns fairly well during opening weekend in the box office.
  • The Hollywood Reporter; May 29, 2028.
Taiwanese air force conducts bombing raids on PLA military bases stationed near Douliu.
  • ABC News (Australia); May 30, 2028.
Anderson wins New Jersey, New Mexico and South Dakota. Jordan wins Montana and DC.
  • CNN; May 31, 2028.
Tim Anderson declared presumptive Republican nominee for 2028 presidential election.
  • Fox News; May 31, 2028.
State of Washington, Douglass Commonwealth officially becomes 51st state of the USA.
  • The Washington Post; June 1, 2028.
Following 4 weeks of a comatose Biden, Kamala Harris is sworn in as nation's 47th president.
  • The New York Times; June 2, 2028.
"It's almost pitifully ironic how the first female American president - the thing that the left has been trying to push on us for years now - wasn't even democratically elected in the first place. They're removing the curtains, people, they're removing the curtains."
  • @NoStepp0nSnek (Twitter); June 2, 2028.
National Assembly votes to expel National Rally member for speaking in support of recent surge in far-right violence.
  • Le Monde; June 3, 2028.
Taiwanese military making significant advances in Taitung County.
  • BBC International; June 4, 2028.
52.4% of Serbians vote yes to joining the European Union.
  • Euronews; June 5, 2028.
€30 billion defense spending bill fails to pass in Bundestag.
  • ZDF News; June 5, 2028.
Libyan Democratic Party wins majority of seats following the nation's first democratic elections held yesterday.
  • Al Jazeera; June 5, 2028.
Los Angeles Lakers beat Chicago Bulls 4-3 during 2028 NBA Finals.
  • Fox Sports; June 6, 2028.
Merz resigns as chancellor following vote of no confidence by Bundestag.
  • Süddeutsche Zeitung; June 7, 2028.
Far-right activists inspired by events in France stage anti-government riot in Naples.
  • Euronews; June 8, 2028.
Anderson selects Ohio Governor Albert Harrison as campaign running mate.
  • Fox News; June 9, 2028.
Civil unrest in Santiago de Cuba met with harsh crackdown by law enforcement.
  • O Globo; June 10, 2028.
Pro-NR riot in Nice met with tear gas and the arrest of over 30.
  • France Info; June 11, 2028.
Lars Hauer elected as new leader for CDU.
  • Bild; June 12, 2028.
Ukrainian president Panas Buryak issues dire warning to dissidents in Donetsk: "we will not reward violence with compassion."
  • The Eurasian Hope; June 13, 2028.
Donald Trump, Jr. nominated by the 2028 Freedom Party National Convention held in Billings, Montana.
  • OANN; June 14, 2028.
"Look, I know what happened twelve years ago with his dad, but you can't tell me with a straight face that Don Junior is going to take the presidency. At best, he'll spoil the election for Anderson and ensure Harris her much-needed victory."
  • Donald Carter (CNN); June 14, 2028.
Egyptian president Al-Sisi overthrown in military coup.
  • Al Jazeera; June 15, 2028.
Twitter to drop its Community Notes feature on July 1.
  • Gizmodo; June 16, 2028.
Former Mayor Jose Rico Dengra of Paterson, New Jersey convicted of 4 counts of drug trafficking.
  • The Jersey Journal; June 17, 2028.
Games Workshop issues copyright claim over AI-generated Warhammer 40K movie.
  • FanNow; June 18, 2028.
Tsardom of Russia forces cross eastern border with Kazakhstan.
  • BBC News; June 19, 2028.
President Harris makes promise to double down on China sanctions if re-elected during campaign speech in Chicago.
  • CNN; June 20, 2028.
Far-right agitators in Seine-Saint-Denis hold massive rally calling for the prosecution of politicians supposedly involved in the death of Le Pen.
  • Le Parisien; June 20, 2028.
False copyright claim made by Games Workshop on AI-generated 40K movie revoked following review by YouTube staff.
  • AI Today; June 21, 2028.
Prime Minister Mann speaks in favor of furthering economic ties between the US and Mexico.
  • The Toronto Star; June 22, 2028.
2 critically injured following shots fired outside Harris rally.
  • NBC News; June 23, 2028.
Meet Jim Benson, newest Silicon Valley billionaire and leading pioneer in AI research.
  • Wired; June 24, 2028.
Civil unrest on the rise in Donetsk and Luhansk Oblasts of Ukraine.
  • Das Erste; June 25, 2028.
President Wauquiez announces new "stringent measures" to combat far-right violence in France's cities.
  • Le Monde; June 26, 2028.
All of Arkhangelsk Oblast under control of the legitimate Russian government.
  • RT; June 27, 2028.
VirtuTech unveils new line of mobile phones running on Linux fork, set to launch in late November.
  • The Verge; June 28, 2028.
Harris, Anderson and Trump share 45-45-10 split, according to most recent polls.
  • Politico; June 29, 2028.
Latest Census estimate places current US population at 340 million.
  • NBC News; June 30, 2028.

Last edited:
"With... with the signing of this act, and its entering into force, the United... the United States will wel-welcome its first new admission to the union since... since the admission of Alaska and Ha...Hawaii in 1949."
  • Joe Biden on the admission of the 51st US state; April 24, 2028.
Wow, it looks like conservatives may be right about Biden's mental state after all.

Poor Biden.

And also: Pres. Kamala Harris, oh no. How is Haiti doing in this TL?

Also, I have found extremely funny that GW's anti-fan works have began to weaken now in this TL now that YouTube treated their complaint as "false" one.

Wait did Harris win the primaries then? That'd be unfortunate, but given Orion's Arm canonically has the corpos get a lot of power I suppose anyone left of center economically taking power in the US cannot happen if you plan on sticking to that.

Well at least Trump Jr is humiliated like the redheaded stepchild he is.

Also that news about the German console struck strange to me, since right now when you look at it, there are so many emulator drives and consoles out there that provide a much wider range of options.

Back